Sign in to follow this  
Killawife

Remove black You are dead screen

When you get killed the screen goes black and sometimes you have no idea what happened. You simply die. At other times you are in a gunfight and possibly kill the other player but you just don't know.

I suggest that when you get unconscious, the screen goes black, just as it does now but when you finally die, the screen goes back to normal, so you can see what is happening.

Its not a big change to gameplay, just a help to know what is actually going on.

• Like 1

The camera should just keep staring in the direction that your head was pointing when you died. I hate those black screens.

• Like 1

no, as all ready said that would just be a tool to help you and your buddy s find the killer.

• Like 1

I absolutely hate the idea of removing the screen. As stated above, it would help ghosting. Also, for those "realism junkies" such as myself, you wouldn't be able to see anything when you die, so making everything black fits perfectly.

• Like 1

I absolutely hate the idea of removing the screen. As stated above, it would help ghosting. Also, for those "realism junkies" such as myself, you wouldn't be able to see anything when you die, so making everything black fits perfectly.

awww ya

• Like 1

Its not a big change to gameplay, just a help to know what is actually going on.

You are dead.

Death is final,there is nothing more to know,

Edited by Damnyourdeadman

Yep, I'll add my "not in a billion years" comment.

not in a billion years, kid. Learn to DayZ.

• Like 2

They should add a kill cam too. **sense sarcasm**

I hate hate hate the black screen. I literally stare at it for a minute... Fml. But for realism I don't think it should go away. I've come to terms with it.

Yep, I'll add my "not in a billion years" comment.

not in a billion years, kid. Learn to DayZ.

c1rb75.jpg

chucks right foot supports the deadscreen too!

Edited by quantum2k6
  • Like 1

wen you die is nothing no see no listen no talk only infinity of nothing and because all we see in universe is the light so nothing = no light = black

I like this system if I miss what happen IS BEVAUSE I DONT MANAGE TO GET INFORMATIONS WEN I AM ALIVE some time I die no sound no gun I don't see player but I know this is MY FAULT because I was miss something and pay the hgigh price for no pay attention the environmant

I wouldn't mind if there was a more drawn-out fade-to-black thing when you die, instead of insta-blackness. Especially if you die from sickness or hunger, but also from a non-head gunshot?

I also like the idea of being knocked down when shot, unable to move, but not dead and still able to see.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind if there was a more drawn-out fade-to-black thing when you die, instead of insta-blackness. Especially if you die from sickness or hunger, but also from a non-head gunshot?

I also like the idea of being knocked down when shot, unable to move, but not dead and still able to see.

Yeah, the insta-death is annoying. Most of the time you'll probably hallucinate a bit, cough up some blood and piss yourself in certain cases but hey, you'll definitely be able to see something if your brain isn't immediately severed from the rest of the body. Just 'cause you can't move doesn't mean you're not dead.

So for all those "realism junkies" out there ... Getting a black screen is not realistic.

You are Dead is the calling card of DayZ.

It's part of what makes the legend, the very fabric of what is DayZ.

Don't you see, you live and die by that screen, literally.

Until you've ween that screen a hundred, neigh, ONE THOUSAND TIMES, you don't know what DayZ is.

You are Dead.

Using realism as an excuse for the black screen in a ZOMBIE video game is quite funny. Also, none of you people know what happens when you die. I believe that you lie there on the ground seeing and hearing everything and can possibly spawn in a bush 200 metres away with a mosin and long-range scope if someone closes in on your cooling corpse, I do not believe everything goes black and a sign says "you are dead"

I don't really care about the realism of it, I'm just really annoyed at walking around minding my own business and then suddenly "you are dead", no gunshot, no reason for it, no explanations whatsoever. I don't want a killcam and I don't care about ghosting. I just wanna know what killed me and why.

I do however agree that it is an iconic thing so removing it might be a bad idea.

Also, I'm not a kid.

Using realism as an excuse for the black screen in a ZOMBIE video game is quite funny. Also, none of you people know what happens when you die. I believe that you lie there on the ground seeing and hearing everything and can possibly spawn in a bush 200 metres away with a mosin and long-range scope if someone closes in on your cooling corpse, I do not believe everything goes black and a sign says "you are dead"

I don't really care about the realism of it, I'm just really annoyed at walking around minding my own business and then suddenly "you are dead", no gunshot, no reason for it, no explanations whatsoever. I don't want a killcam and I don't care about ghosting. I just wanna know what killed me and why.

I do however agree that it is an iconic thing so removing it might be a bad idea.

Also, I'm not a kid.

You're not a kid, gotcha squirt.

Removing the "black screen" will not give you extra information about how you died. It will not "let you hear the gunshot" or necessarily even see your baaad, baaad killer.

It will, however, let clan members sit there dead giving a TeamSpeak Radar about all contacts moving around their corpse.

Also, little one, Learn to DayZ. Yes, you get killed, not knowing where from. Why? Cause you don't know how to DayZ.

If you did, you'd know all the possible locations the shot came from, at least in a general sense, because you know how to play the game. You'll also know at this point that it makes no difference, unless you intend to go back and get your gear and need to dispatch this foe first. Which you probably didn't think of, because you really, really don't know how to DayZ.

my point being that changing the screen doesn't help your problem in any way, but could be misused by others.

Additionally: "Realism in a ZOMBIE" game as if that's so incredulous. It's the point. "Could I survive in a world populated by unthinking, unfeeling cannibals?"

Yes, there are no zombies roaming the lands. However, there are people who believe in a hypothetical sense that it actually could happen in the real world that we live in.

Are you familiar with DMT? It's a product of a non-flowering bush found in a few certain places around the world, and I'm no expert in it, but I know that that chemical in conjunction with certain brainwashing techniques, one of the biggest being sleep deprivation, has been used in the past to create what was described as a "Zombie Army." Granted, no one was trying to say these individuals were undead, but they were "brainless." They were altered and treated in such a way that, for the rest of their lives, they took orders like zombies from sort of controller.

Edited by crimsonBZD

When you get killed the screen goes black and sometimes you have no idea what happened. You simply die. At other times you are in a gunfight and possibly kill the other player but you just don't know.

I suggest that when you get unconscious, the screen goes black, just as it does now but when you finally die, the screen goes back to normal, so you can see what is happening.

Given the chance of meta gaming, combined with the fact that just like in life when you are dead, you are dead - I don't see this happening.

If someone manages to sneak up on you / kill you without alerting you to whom they are, that knowledge is protected. Once you are dead, you are dead. Respawning is an entirely new character.

• Like 7

I'm not going to say your dumb or a kid or that you don't know how to play DayZ but i will say I agree with the majority in the fact that most of the time you won't know what killed you (speaking in manor of game), its a complete mystery sometimes and it will just happen. Personally I like to think "Wow, I must have done something to lead to my death ... oh well learn and adapt." So no I feel the screen should not go away, your eyes will see nothing beyond the grave but black (deep i know ;D lol ) 

the only thing i hate about the death screen is it is a bit plain. It would be cool when you died it showed you the stats of your life. how many PVP kills and zombie kills, etc.