r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.2

Thanks.  I wanted to post it anyways in case it added anything additional information and simply because I put the time into making it.  =P

NP and thanks for the effect your 1st video would have been enough to see the issue clear.

Ok looks like i've fixed it. However depending on your stance there is still some movement 

no idea on the other effects it will cause.

Just loading xspit.

http://www.twitch.tv/r4z0r49/b/562179985

Give it a look we still have some sway depending on your stance but no longer massive out of breath issues. (ps no sound at the start).

Let me know. Waiting for confirmation before i push to github.

Looks great, bug gone.

Edited by Borges

Thanks.  I wanted to post it anyways in case it added anything additional information and simply because I put the time into making it.  =P

stop lying, you were just looking for a reason to post more of your videos ;-)

and for that I thank you =P

Have to say kudos for facoptere for updating the filters for 1.8.2. I was banging my head why mine were not working. Then I saw his github post and noted he split the sodacans into two conditions. Mine was a single condition. Let me guess the regex couldn't handle that many or conditions?

Anyways much thanks.

Ok looks like i've fixed it. However depending on your stance there is still some movement

no idea on the other effects it will cause.

For old time sake, what are the chances we can get this pushed out as a hotfix Razor?

For old time sake, what are the chances we can get this pushed out as a hotfix Razor?

If it's soon, such as a few days, we shall celebrate by going to the pub in Elektro and have all the sodas you can drink ;)

Well, as excited as I've been checking out the new changes in 1.8.2 (got a kick out of the first time I dodged/blocked a zombie hit!), I was really bummed out to find out how much the zombies have been nerfed.  I know people complained a lot about the zombies in 1.8.1, but I feel the changes to fix that have gone too far and the zombies have gone back to being scenery rather than a threat.  Here's a list of the zombie changes in 1.8.2:

• [New] - Bleed chance from zombie attacks have been moved to configs (this will allow different types of zeds to give bleed chances)
    - Normal - 15%, Viral - 30%, Wild - 10% - Changed from a flat 30% for all types
  • [updated] - Viral Zeds have been removed from Residential spawns and added to Castle,Military spawns
  • [Fixed] - Zeds can no longer target above 100 meters from players.
  • [updated] - Viral Zeds have been removed from Residential spawns and added to Castle,Military spawns
  • [updated] - Zed attack range to 3.2 from 3.6.
  • [updated] - Damage scale lowered on normal zeds to 450 down from 600.
  • [updated] - Damage scale from head hits reduced to *2 in place of *4. (head hits should be down to around 2500 from viral head shots).

My favorite thing about the 1.8.1 zombies is that you could no longer just run in a straight line forever to get away from them.  I think it had a really good balance of letting you run short distances without getting hit, yet if you didn't take action to lose them they could catch up and hit you or knock you down.  This forced you to be active about losing aggro by breaking line of sight or going through buildings.  Reducing the hit range from 3.6 to 3.2 seems to have been too drastic.  They can no longer hit you when you are running, running backwards, or even crouch running:

While I personally loved the 1.8.1 zombies, I understand that a lot of people had a hard time with them.  This is where I think some of the other changes were brilliant.  The bleed chance differential makes sense, and I LOVE the idea of removing viral zeds from residential spawns and instead having them spawn at castles and military spawns.  This has a balancing effect that makes zombies easier at the coast which gives fresh spawns and newbies a better chance, yet raises the difficulty when players venture to more dangerous areas in the North.  That being said, it would be nice if there were some chance of getting infected while near the coast (only viral zeds can infect you, right?).  Is there any chance of finding a middle ground?  Hopefully we aren't regressing to easy-mode zombies again.  I was really enjoying the difficulty of PvE in 1.8.1.  It's so much better than Epoch style game play which is pretty much CoD on a big map with zombies that you can easily tap dance around with no real threat of being killed.

• Like 6

Well, as excited as I've been checking out the new changes in 1.8.2 (got a kick out of the first time I dodged/blocked a zombie hit!), I was really bummed out to find out how much the zombies have been nerfed.  I know people complained a lot about the zombies in 1.8.1, but I feel the changes to fix that have gone too far and the zombies have gone back to being scenery rather than a threat.  Here's a list of the zombie changes in 1.8.2:

• [New] - Bleed chance from zombie attacks have been moved to configs (this will allow different types of zeds to give bleed chances)
    - Normal - 15%, Viral - 30%, Wild - 10% - Changed from a flat 30% for all types
  • [Fixed] - Zeds can no longer target above 100 meters from players.
  • [updated] - Zed attack range to 3.2 from 3.6.
  • [updated] - Damage scale lowered on normal zeds to 450 down from 600.
  • [updated] - Damage scale from head hits reduced to *2 in place of *4. (head hits should be down to around 2500 from viral head shots).

My favorite thing about the 1.8.1 zombies is that you could no longer just run in a straight line forever to get away from them.  I think it had a really good balance of letting you run short distances without getting hit, yet if you didn't take action to lose them they could catch up and hit you or knock you down.  This forced you to be active about losing aggro by breaking line of sight or going through buildings.  Reducing the hit range from 3.6 to 3.2 seems to have been too drastic.  They can no longer hit you when you are running, running backwards, or even crouch running:

While I personally loved the 1.8.1 zombies, I understand that a lot of people had a hard time with them.  This is where I think some of the other changes were brilliant.  The bleed chance differential makes sense, and I LOVE the idea of removing viral zeds from residential spawns and instead having them spawn at castles and military spawns.  This has a balancing effect that makes zombies easier at the coast which gives fresh spawns and newbies a better chance, yet raises the difficulty when players venture to more dangerous areas in the North.  That being said, it would be nice if there were some chance of getting infected while near the coast (only viral zeds can infect you, right?).  Is there any chance of finding a middle ground?  Hopefully we aren't regressing to easy-mode zombies again.  I was really enjoying the difficulty of PvE in 1.8.1.  It's so much better than Epoch style game play which is pretty much CoD on a big map with zombies that you can easily tap dance around with no real threat of being killed.

Now we just need to make more areas above the coastline more enjoyable to loot.. Perhaps giving more attention to the center of the map instead of the coast and the northern end like the possibility of adding in additional POI's? Seems like no one ever goes to areas such as Mogilevka, Vyshnoye, etc.

The zombies in 1.8.1 only had a couple problems with their senses but their difficulty seemed appropriate. It represents how the area within the map only has a few amount of survivors instead of additional civilians and that way, it provides some back story (Well, to me anyways)

Edited by TIC321

imo the main thing about zeds is that they should be able to hit you while running. that creates a "i'm never save" feeling which you don't get if you know you're save while running.

after all you can hide in the next bush/tree and kill them with no risk at all.

a good compromise imo would be:

-keep the 3.6 hit range

-lower damage, bleeding rate, infection rate etc.

basically 1.8.2 zeds with 3.6 hit range.

it seems no matter how easy zeds are there always will be some ppl crying about them. but that is a good thing as zeds should be a threat and the whiners will adapt eventually... same old story.

personally i find the 1.8.1 zeds were to easy already after adapting for a few weeks.

Couldn't agree with you more phL.  There seems to be an endless cycle of buffing the zombies, people complaining, then nerfing the zombies, rinse, repeat.  This is why I think they should keep the difficulty of 1.8.1 and keep the changes to where the virals spawn and bleed chances.  I'm not sure if I really agree with reducing the damage scale (normal zeds) and the headshot damage scale.  I was really enjoying the fact that one false step could mean going from full blood to nearly passing out if a viral zed got a few good shots on you.  I was at the new mini airfield POI the other day, 10,000 blood, gutting a goat in the middle of a field.  I aggro'd a zombie and decided to hatchet him since it was just one zombie and there were no nearby trees or buildings.  I took a swipe and missed, he side stepped and *BAM*, knocked me unconscious.  Three hits later I was dead.  I wan't even mad (okay, I was mad at first, but then it subsided).  I really enjoyed the thought that one fatal mistake meant the end of all that I had worked for.  It was like watching a good zombie flick.

At the end of the day, this is a zombie game that has a great PvP element.  The zombies should be a big threat.  1.8.1 changed the game in so many ways between the zeds, nutrition, and medical systems.  I LOVED that patch.  It finally felt that there was more to be worried about than getting sniped by another player.

• Like 3

The middle ground 

1.8.1 = 3.6 loads moaning about the range

1.8.2 = 3.2 ppl moaning don't get hit 

Can anyone work out the middle ground here.

1.8.1 =Load moaning not enough bleed from zed hits

1.8.1= Loads moaning too much blood lost on hits.

Balanced with new bleed vs actual loss per hit.

1.82 = no data due to range now being an issue. Bet your cant guess what the next change is.

The hole reason we moved the settings is so we can tweek them very easy for each patch until we get the settings we are happy with. Risk vs reward is the key trying to get the rewards to match the risk in town isnt as easy as one two three takes a little time to get the numbers we are happy with.

Going to wait till the weekend before looking into any hotfix. So make sure to post your issues

• Like 1

I agree with bullet catcher and phL on the subject of zombies, however I myself think that 3.6 is too far especially with server lag present. This would usually result in zombies hitting you from 3.6m + lag distances that weren't even near your character.

Why not 3.4m?  The current damage should stay the same because you can only eat cooked meat for blood as far as food goes, so food is pretty scarce. 

Edited by Borges

I disagree with Bullet_Catcher. I'm not going to go into detail here, just wanted to mention that there are people (e.g., me) who take the opposite position.

DayZ has always been a PvP game for me with some PvE hurdles. I don't necessarily mean player vs. player combat, but player interaction in all forms. I wouldn't play a singleplayer DayZ. Zeds should be a threat, that I agree on. But losing hours of gameplay effort just to die on the airfield from one or two zed hits (which can happen due to lags/glitching etc!) is what I would call unnecessary frustration, not motivation to be more careful next time. That's where risk and reward are out of balance in my taste.

I' m still waiting for my host (vilayer) to give me the option to update to 1.8.2. Very frustrating since we do have great traffic atm and I would love to be able to give feedback.

Any difference performance wise server side?

Cheers

Edited by vinyljunkie

Would it be possible for comfrey leaves not to spawn on roads? This happens commonly on the main road near the POI by Prigorodky.

I disagree with Bullet_Catcher. I'm not going to go into detail here, just wanted to mention that there are people (e.g., me) who take the opposite position.

DayZ has always been a PvP game for me with some PvE hurdles. I don't necessarily mean player vs. player combat, but player interaction in all forms. I wouldn't play a singleplayer DayZ. Zeds should be a threat, that I agree on. But losing hours of gameplay effort just to die on the airfield from one or two zed hits (which can happen due to lags/glitching etc!) is what I would call unnecessary frustration, not motivation to be more careful next time. That's where risk and reward are out of balance in my taste.

Hmm, I've never died from just one or two zed hits.  I don't think that's even possible.  If your character is already low enough on blood that one or two hits will kill you, then you need to avoid zombies and heal up before looting a place like the airfield.

As for your other points, I would ask why even have zombies in the game if they're not a significant problem?  Look at game play videos of Epoch and Overpoch.  The zombies don't even have any impact on the game.  I remember back in the 1.6 era of DayZ when getting killed by a zombie practically never happened.  That was too boring.  Why have them in the game at that point?  They're just eating up server and client performance.  If you want a primarily PvP game with no significant PvE challenge there are much better options out there like Epoch, Overwatch, Overpoch, DayZero, Wasteland, Arma 3, Battle Royal, the list goes on.

DayZ has a reputation of being a harsh and unforgiving survival game.  I think the zombies should live up to that reputation.

• Like 3

forgive my ignorance good people, but I haven't been able to play in a while and am wondering how you attempt block a zombie attack? Sounds like a dance routine, but I want to know how to do the zombie block :D

forgive my ignorance good people, but I haven't been able to play in a while and am wondering how you attempt block a zombie attack? Sounds like a dance routine, but I want to know how to do the zombie block :D

I believe it's by leaning side to side (Q and E by default)

Edited by TIC321
  • Like 1

I thought it was automatic.  I was diving into a tool shed as a zombie was chasing me...I turned around to hatchet him but he got a swing in first, however, my screen didn't flicker, there was no hit sound, and no blood loss.  I thought he missed me at first, then I noticed a little message in the lower left of the screen:  "That was close!"

I suppose I could have inadvertently pressed a button that is set up for block/dodge, but it seemed like an automatic dice roll scenario to me.

I thought it was automatic.  I was diving into a tool shed as a zombie was chasing me...I turned around to hatchet him but he got a swing in first, however, my screen didn't flicker, there was no hit sound, and no blood loss.  I thought he missed me at first, then I noticed a little message in the lower left of the screen:  "That was close!"

I suppose I could have inadvertently pressed a button that is set up for block/dodge, but it seemed like an automatic dice roll scenario to me.

I had a similar experience. I´m not aware of having pressed any buttons. I think it's automatic. But I could be wrong.

i have noticed zeds are doing their aggro sound sometimes even they're not aggroed. and sometimes no aggro sound when they get aggro on you. (don't know if that was always the case but i think not)

this is confusing and doesn't fit in with their main purpose as a player indicator ;-)

There should be no change in how they approach/target a player. Drop the sound issue on our issues page. Block is not auto its button press.

• Like 1

Yea we have had a few reports of this already just not sure whats going on with it yet. Spawn the 5l in the open its working fine but seems to have issues in some buildings.

PS add it to the issues page.