r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.2

yo all, there is another small problem with blood transfusion in latest battleeye filters(1.8.2 one)

Value Restriction #10 "remExField" = [<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,"loc","titleText","Transfusion of bloodBagBPOS in progress, remain still...","PLAIN DOWN"]

yo all, there is another small problem with blood transfusion in latest battleeye filters(1.8.2 one)

Value Restriction #10 "remExField" = [<NULL-object>,<NULL-object>,"loc","titleText","Transfusion of bloodBagBPOS in progress, remain still...","PLAIN DOWN"]

Yep, there are a lot of BattlEye filters missing in the current build. Lost track of what and how many as I add and correct them on the fly.

What I noticed is a dramatic drop in players on my server. It was fairly maxed out in 1.8.1 and with 1.8.2 I have like 5-7 players.

The truly dedicated players hop in TS and ask for help and the already "initiated" have to walk them through the rather simple process.

People just don´t get how to do a proper update with Steam. It´s so sad.

Edited by dayzjarhead

What I noticed it a dramatic drop in players on my server. It was fairly maxed out in 1.8.1 and with 1.8.2 I have like 5-7 players.

^^^  This.

It's funny and sad at the same time, actually. They're so used to it being a process they don't understand that they can't handle the 1-Click-Install on Steam now.  <_<

• Like 2

Yep, there are a lot of BattlEye filters missing in the current build. Lost track of what and how many as I add and correct them on the fly.

What I noticed it a dramatic drop in players on my server. It was fairly maxed out in 1.8.1 and with 1.8.2 I have like 5-7 players.

The truly dedicated players hop in TS and ask for help and the already "initiated" have to walk them through the rather simple process.

Likewise here, player population took a dump after updating.  It's about half for me. Though the players on the server are great.  I've seen less of the casual, curious, needy and definitely less scripters.  So I'll take the good with the bad and enjoy some down time.  I could actually play for a bit.   :)

Might just be a case of the launchers haven't caught up yet. Not sure how you can mess up an auto process install on steam but ok.

Question we have had a few random issues reported with vehicles.

Quote - "Vehicles randomly blowing up, vehicles randomly teleporting to different locations. Helis blowing up mid air or mid flight."

Any of you guys seen any of this happening ?

Please post battleye filter bugs to the following github: https://github.com/DayZMod/Battleye-Filters

IMHO The value restrictions you see in logs is not a bug, it's a rule that begins with 1 (1=log only). So the player should not be kicked with that.

Quote - "Vehicles randomly blowing up, vehicles randomly teleporting to different locations. Helis blowing up mid air or mid flight."

Hm. No. Haven´t heard of it.

What I see from time to time is all objects form the object_data table are missing after restart. No vics, no tents, stashes and all. Sends a shock all over the server. Restarting ususally fixes this, but it´s quite annoying and I have no clue what may be causing this.

Edited by dayzjarhead

Hm. No. Haven´t heard of it.

What I see from time to time is all objects form the object_data table are missing after restart. No vics, no tents, stashes and all. Sends a shock all over the server. Restarting ususally fixes this, but it´s quite annoying and I have no clue what may be causing this.

Its when someone joins the server during the initial boot and then the client crashes. We know about this one 

Might just be a case of the launchers haven't caught up yet. Not sure how you can mess up an auto process install on steam but ok.

Question we have had a few random issues reported with vehicles.

No I have not seen things like this caused by the server.  Scripters are another issue.  Did I tell you about the flying black SUV that sounded like a Huey that landed in Balota on Sunday?

Please post battleye filter bugs to the following github: https://github.com/DayZMod/Battleye-Filters

IMHO The value restrictions you see in logs is not a bug, it's a rule that begins with 1 (1=log only). So the player should not be kicked with that.

facoptere, I noticed you didn't place the //new as the first line in the script.txt.  Was that intentional?  Yes that public variable restriction #10 confused me too since it shouldn't be kicking for that and not on the particular filter number.  However I've seen it on US 434 as well.

Edited by Geryon

facoptere, I noticed you didn't place the //new as the first line in the script.txt.  Was that intentional?

scripts.txt is a client-side filter and is not built based on regular expressions. it's not at the "//new" format.

k thx i will, when i have some time(hard working)

but about that i tryed it by my self. starting to transfuse blood to other player and before finish got kicked with that value

here is a video with it

k thx i will, when i have some time(hard working)

but about that i tryed it by my self. starting to transfuse blood to other player and before finish got kicked with that value

here is a video with it

Are you the Admin of that server? Are the BattlEye-Filters actually up to date?

If they're not (which it looks like they're not in your video - as it's a kick with "#0), we can't help you. The Filters will have to be 100% up to date to judge this behaviour.

Its when someone joins the server during the initial boot and then the client crashes. We know about this one 

Ah... the more you know. :)

Are you the Admin of that server? Are the BattlEye-Filters actually up to date?

If they're not (which it looks like they're not in your video - as it's a kick with "#0), we can't help you. The Filters will have to be 100% up to date to judge this behaviour.

yes i am and im downloaded them from here https://github.com/DayZMod/Battleye-Filters 1 day ago and updated

i always check for lates filters

yes i am and im downloaded them from here https://github.com/DayZMod/Battleye-Filters 1 day ago and updated

i always check for lates filters

Likewise I downloaded the filters as well and noted the same behavior.

Edit: I've downloaded the most recent changes from 3 hours ago. I'll report if it persists.

Edited by Geryon

scripts.txt is a client-side filter and is not built based on regular expressions. it's not at the "//new" format.

Okay thank you facoptere.

starting to transfuse blood to other player and before finish got kicked with that value

value

The player is kicked by value #0 and not #10. I will have a look but maybe it's already fixed with the version I pushed yesterday. Thanks for the video anyway.

Apart from the fence movement issue at step 3-4 how is everyone finding the build system?

Apart from the fence movement issue at step 3-4 how is everyone finding the build system?

Fantastic work!

We had a blast tinkering with it. The wooden fence looks really great. Setting up a fort in the woods adds up for the apocalyptic survivor feels.

A cool gate with a padlock would be a fabulous addition!

Other useful stuff:

- a well

- burning barrels

- fuel pump

- a fuel tank

:)

Edited by dayzjarhead

Has anyone else had the problem that the binoculars are out when logging in? This happends to me like ever other time (not just since 1.8.2, but a few versions back).

Also, I would like to ask if the auto-closing of the gear menu can be undone. I don't get the point of it, and I have always found it quite annoying.

Exactly what does one need to build a fence?

A guide on building a fence.