r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.2

The exhaustion bug has not been fixed in 1.8.2. Other players are reporting the same problem. 

*blows out brains IRL*

Edited by Borges

Pretty sure i did mention i haven't looked at this yet.

Just tested with AK47U in 1st person zoomed in new char.

went prone got back up, went prone got back up < repeated 5 times > no issue with my sight its seems to be fine. I'm not seeing anything that i would class as an issue. (loading xspilt now to show video)

Noticed a few kicks with the new sodapops and DIY_Wood* thingy.  I had to rush to work but partially worked on the filters without fully testing.  Will check the logs for additional kicks later today.

The exhaustion bug has not been fixed in 1.8.2. Other players are reporting the same problem. 

*blows out brains IRL*

Ok i can see what your talking about on an old char it don't seem to be an issue on a new char. The way your going on makes it sound like you cant aim. I'll look at it later this week but to be fair unless it gets worse over time i really don't see how this would be a problem in pvp unless your sniping all the time. "Shrugs"

Yea filters are always an issue on patch day.

just played on musty server, jumped off of firestation top 5 times, no damage at all. + exhaustion bug as mentioned before.

seems like much loot overall, easily cycled/renewed. zeds can't hit anymore^^

just played on musty server, jumped off of firestation top 5 times, no damage at all. + exhaustion bug as mentioned before.

seems like much loot overall, easily cycled/renewed. zeds can't hit anymore^^

add them to the issues page.

Ok i can see what your talking about on an old char it don't seem to be an issue on a new char. The way your going on makes it sound like you cant aim. I'll look at it later this week but to be fair unless it gets worse over time i really don't see how this would be a problem in pvp unless your sniping all the time. "Shrugs"

Sniping isn't the only issue. My char is out of breath immediately and it takes forever to run places. Also you can't double tap W and dash anymore for a limited time.

It won't get worse over time, because it's already as bad as it can be. Proneing and standing is a weak example. Just walking in general replicates it. As far as pvp goes it is a problem because moving at all causes maximum gun sway..we've been over this before.

By the way, where is the issues page?

Edited by Borges

Top of post 1.

PS when you create the issue, post with weapon sway not fatigue. So its not brushed off as ppl think your talking about SA or one of the other mods that have fatigue.

Then one of the guys will look at it during the week.

My char is out of breath immediately and it takes forever to run places. Also you can't double tap W and dash anymore for a limited time.

Nothing at all has changed about the running speed, nor how the sprint works. It has always been the way that if you double press W to sprint you will eventually even be slower than running normal.

This is

1. to prevent sprinting huge distances
  2. an ARMA 2 mechanic that has always been there

Nothing at all has changed about the running speed, nor how the sprint works. It has always been the way that if you double press W to sprint you will eventually even be slower than running normal.

This is

1. to prevent sprinting huge distances
  2. an ARMA 2 mechanic that has always been there

No man, not in 5 seconds. Don't worry I've recorded and am posting a video here and in the issues section to clear this up.

Like I said this issue was not in 1.8.0.3. It started in 1.8.1 and is still there in 1.8.2.

Edited by Borges

Top of post 1.

PS when you create the issue, post with weapon sway not fatigue. So its not brushed off as ppl think your talking about SA or one of the other mods that have fatigue.

Then one of the guys will look at it during the week.

Thank you.

hey all.

as i writed before there is a small problem with BE filters.
If i install those what came with 1.8.2 i get kicked for publicvariable when trying to upgrade tent or stash

if i install those what was on link, those work fine, but then i pick up some soda i get kicked with other error

so my question is wich BE filters is better or working(without combination)

thx.

hey all.

as i writed before there is a small problem with BE filters.

If i install those what came with 1.8.2 i get kicked for publicvariable when trying to upgrade tent or stash

if i install those what was on link, those work fine, but then i pick up some soda i get kicked with other error

so my question is wich BE filters is better or working(without combination)

thx.

Use the latest filters here in the release thread and just add exceptions for whats kicking you.

Weapon sway / exhaustion bug posted.

Footage taken from server US434.

Arma2 version: 125548

Dayz version: 1.8.2

Edited by Borges

R4Z0R, I know Borges has been very vocal about this and at times has possibly gotten under your guys' skin, but I have to agree, this is by far one of the worst glitches in the mod in recent history and it ABSOLUTELY needs to be looked at ASAP.  You're losing players because of it.  If you'd like I will upload a video to YouTube tonight to show you how much it affects gameplay.  It is 100% reproducible all the time (at least it was in 1.8.1, I haven't tried 1.8.2 yet), and it is crippling.  Let me emphasize, it's not just a minor bug, and it affects aiming with any weapon at medium distances and farther.  It has the largest impact on scoped weapons and is most easily seen through a scope, but it also affects your ability to accurately shoot with any rifle, shotgun, crossbow, or pistol at medium ranges and farther.

If I haven't been clear up to this point, let me stress as politely as I can that it IS a big issue and it is driving a lot of us stark raving nuts.  Your character literally starts panting heavily and your aim moves all over the place after only a few short steps.  Once it subsides, if you go prone and then get back up it comes back.  If this was somehow something intentionally placed into Arma 2 then it was a terrible choice as it is nowhere near a realistic depiction of fatigue affecting aim.  I'm sorry, but standing up from a prone position does not cause people to pant uncontrollably and cause them to waver all over the place while aiming.  Source?  I've been hunting most of my life and I use scoped rifles...this doesn't happen.

I can state that this issue is present for me and everyone that I play with.  I can also say that each of my friends that play are close to leaving the game because of the bug.  It makes it very hard to engage in firefights with any accuracy, and it makes repositioning while sniping impossible.  Borges is not insane.  He's not alone.  He's been the most vocal (and maybe been out of line a few times in how he expresses his frustration), but the problem DOES exist and it's always present.  It doesn't take any special circumstances to reproduce it.

EDIT: my uses of the word "ABSOLUTELY", "ASAP", etc are not intended as an overly entitled demand from me that you address my issues, but rather a word of warning that it's more important of an issue than you're giving it credit.  There are a number of people that are leaving or about to leave the mod because of this issue and it's a bummer to see that.  I personally feel this needs attention more than many of the other bugs that were addressed in 1.8.2.  I just wanted to clear that up and let you know that I appreciate the fact that you guys are volunteers and that are not getting paid for this work.  Thank you for all the work that you do put into this mod.  I'm excited about all the changes in 1.8.2 and can't wait to download it!

Edited by Bullet_Catcher
  • Like 2

Weapon sway / exhaustion bug posted.

This doesn't tell us anything, as you don't even have a weapon?=

Are you kidding me? The crosshairs are tied to ANY weapons movement.....it doesn't matter if I'm holding a weapon or not.

It is no different in 1.8.2 than 1.8.1 bulletcatcher. Reproducible 100% any time.

Thank you for your support bulletcatcher.

I was playing around on overwatch servers, and the bug is not there. Perhaps I will have to produce a side by side video to be convincing.

Edited by Borges

Are you kidding me? The crosshairs are tied to ANY weapons movement.....it doesn't matter if I'm holding a weapon or not.

I am not trying to tease you - there is simply no way I can reproduce this.

How can we see anything with a high sped of video that shows nothing but running..? At 2:19 and 3:11 you have max weapon sway. This occurs instantly after crouching from the prone position, or moving 10-20 meters like in my video when it should take far longer.

Post another video on your end. This time record yourself in real-time crouching from the prone position, then capturing your weapon/crosshair movement.

The bug is that your player reaches max weapon sway with little movement, not 6 minutes of running.

Edited by Borges

I was playing last night on US 388 and i wasn't getting any of the exhaustion/swaying problems you mention. I had an AK and i pretty much ran everywhere from Elektro to Cherno.

I was playing last night on US 388 and i wasn't getting any of the exhaustion/swaying problems you mention. I had an AK and i pretty much ran everywhere from Elektro to Cherno.

I will try US 388. Keep in mind you don't need to run anywhere to reproduce it. Prone to crouch reproduces it.

Edited by Borges

The crosshairs, in any form (guns, hatchet, flares) represent your aim.  You can see the exhaustion weapon sway bug by observing his crosshair and listening to the breathing.  Unfortunately, Borges' example doesn't show it that well because he doesn't have a gun and it's hard to hear the breathing over the rain.  As soon as I get home tonight I will post a video that demonstrates the bug through a sniper scope (which makes it easy to see) and through an AIM sight.  You'll get an idea of how difficult a firefight at any range farther than 30 meters or so.