r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.2

The crosshairs, in any form (guns, hatchet, flares) represent your aim.  You can see the exhaustion weapon sway bug by observing his crosshair and listening to the breathing.  Unfortunately, Borges' example doesn't show it that well because he doesn't have a gun and it's hard to hear the breathing over the rain.  As soon as I get home tonight I will post a video that demonstrates the bug through a sniper scope (which makes it easy to see) and through an AIM sight.  You'll get an idea of how difficult a firefight at any range farther than 30 meters or so.

I'm about to post a better example from US 388, but please do gather evidence.

Edited by Borges

+1 for the exhaustion bug. Also, Borges - chill out, man.

This was recorded on US 434 roughly ten minutes ago:

That is simply standing up from the prone position. It's a dealbreaker in combat situations

Edited by acf

I'm about to post a better example from US 388, but please do gather evidence.

Make sure it's with first person enabled and music off. I have encountered the problem myself in 1.8.1 and not 1.8.2.

I thought it was quite an annoying issue I had as well in 1.8.1

That is simply standing up from the prone position. It's a dealbreaker in combat situations

^^ Yup, note that the crosshairs are steady during the first second of the video.  No weapon sway before he stood up.

Much better example thanks.

Ok tagged ill make sure its looked into now we have a clear view of the issue using a sniper rifle.

• Like 1

I have made a video showcasing different examples of the bug.  My upload speeds are horrendous, so I'll start the upload before I go to bed and post it in the morning.

Awesome. Thanks, Razor. Let me know if there's anything else you need. Some of us still prefer the mod these days :)

Please note that you're getting less exhausted when going

1. Prone
  2. Crouch
  3. Stand

Rather than

1. Prone
  2. Stand

This has always been the case and worth trying - though the values appear to be a bit too high. Remember, though. Some Weaponsway is needed and realistic when going from prone to standing - especially with a sniperrifle.

Ill see what i can find out. Soon as i get some info on this issue ill report.

Do you zoom in a lot with rightclick, by the way? To scan the area?

By default you're holding your breath, then. Which would explain why this happens.

Do you zoom in a lot with rightclick, by the way? To scan the area?

By default you're holding your breath, then. Which would explain why this happens.

Nope. Took that keybind off a while ago.

It seems like the main issue is that the player generates exhaustion too quickly, which is why this also occurs after moving short distances.

Edited by Borges

Borges, The issue is being looked at but your making harder by adding stuff that does not exist. i know your trying to help but its just adding more to the confusion. Let kich and others work it out so we can narrow down what methods are causing the issue.

Dayz has no exhaustion nor any fatigue system. Its a simple animation setting or an issue with hands,arms being damaged. The question is why has it changed in the first place.

Arma 2 has a sway system < this is what we be leave is the issue but why.

Hands, we know about this was the release of the damage handler locks < we know about this one we caused it Morphine fix's.

aimPrecision, is the other one this one is a simple aimPrecision = number; on every animation (a good number of them) we have to find out what has changed as its an arma 2 config setting and why if it is this are they now causing an issue.

No offense intended, i'm tired and trying to fix this issue. 

Nope. Took that keybind off a while ago.

what sniper rifle was you using in that video?

what sniper rifle was you using in that video?

M40A3. Happens with that, the CZ, and the DMR as far as I know. I think my buddies noticed it with the SVD as well, but I'm not sure.

I also notice it with the M4A1 SSD and M4A3 CCO/M4A1 CCO. I rarely use other guns, but I can hop on later tonight and try out others.

Nar dont worry just need one i can clearly see the issue so i can login now and try to fix.

M4A1SD i have never noticed any issue with "Shurgs". (my main weapon for 2 years)

Nar dont worry just need one i can clearly see the issue so i can login now and try to fix.

M4A1SD i have never noticed any issue with "Shurgs". (my main weapon for 2 years)

Awesome, thanks. When I get home tonight, I'll see if I can replicate it using other guns. Gotta find them first :)

By the way, last night while my buddies (Bullet Catcher and others) and I were testing out 1.8.2, we all noticed that the stability has improved a ton. Zombies don't seem to warp around while attacking you and things seem smoother in general. We appreciate that!

Good to hear. No need to get any more info on this issue for now the animations are the same no matter the weapon we just need to find out the whys.

Ok looks like i've fixed it. However depending on your stance there is still some movement 

no idea on the other effects it will cause.

Just loading xspit.

http://www.twitch.tv/r4z0r49/b/562179985

Give it a look we still have some sway depending on your stance but no longer massive out of breath issues. (ps no sound at the start).

Let me know. Waiting for confirmation before i push to github.

• Like 1

Ok looks like i've fixed it. However depending on your stance there is still some movement 

no idea on the other effects it will cause.

Just loading xspit.

http://www.twitch.tv/r4z0r49/b/562179985

Give it a look we still have some sway depending on your stance but no longer massive out of breath issues. (ps no sound at the start).

Let me know. Waiting for confirmation before i push to github.

Looks great!

Okay, looks like I'm late to the party, but here's the video I put together last night.  It shows various examples of weapon sway (and exhaustion) in different conditions with a DMR and an M14.  I can say that this same condition has been present with every weapon I have used, M4s/M16s included and even the Winchester and crossbow:  

Now I know that Borges has been out of line with a lot of his comments, but I feel he's being unfairly picked on for adding accurate information.  Crank up the volume on my video and listen for the heavy breathing the character makes.  This used to happen after sprinting for a while, but now happens after walking/running/sprinting short distances or after going prone>standing.  This heavy breathing coincides with the exaggerated weapon sway.

Here's a couple examples of how it use to be

In this video below:

• At 2:12 I'm crouch running and zoom in with the DMR.  You hear me say "I'm still shaking".  Notice how reduced the weapon sway is compared to how it is now
  • At 5:45 you see me crouch run down a hill and take a sniper shot on a guy on top of a smoke stack.  You hear me say "as soon as I quit breathing I'm going to get him".  I stop running at exacly 6:01, and I'm able to take the shot 8 seconds later.  Much shorter time to have a steady enough shot to shoot

In this video below:

• At 11:42 you see me crouch running.  At 11:53 I zoom in with the sniper rifle and the small amount of weapon sway steadies out within a couple of seconds (by 11:57)
  • At 14:49 I go from crouching to standing, run a short distance, then take a few (bad) shots scoped in with the DMR.  There is some weapon sway, but nowhere near what we're experiencing now and I'm able to shoot the zombie
  • At 15:09 I reposition and kill another player...again some amount of weapon sway, but not so much that I cannot make the shot after two misses.
  • At 24:45 there is a shot of me crouch running, stopping in a tree, then aiming down sights with the M14 AIM.  Notice how it's almost perfectly steady and I'm able to make a clean shot.  There is a cut in the video while I'm running, but you can see that I'm crouch running right before taking the shot.

Hopefully all of this is helpful.

• Like 4

Its already been fixed but thanks would have been more use last week but yea acf's video did the trick without any fuss. The issue was armas duty system this system has nothing to do with the mod its just another a2 system we don't use.

The sniper video was more then enough to see the issue. No one is picking on anyone if it seems that way i do apologise im trying to fix the issue so i can go to bed. I have said a few times soon as i get a chance ill look into the issue acf provided a clear video of the issue without any fuss the issue was easy to identify.

"Duty used to mean some mandatory states/actions the character had to reach, before being able to perform a certain animation."

• Like 5

Thanks.  I wanted to post it anyways in case it added anything additional information and simply because I put the time into making it.  =P