r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.2

anything?

nothing worth reporting just now. Last info i had was they was having some issues.

Everyone still enjoying that exhaustion/weapon sway bug? :)

Already been fixed in 1.8.3

Edited by kichilron

It is what it is.  Most players deal with it in their own way.  It's definitely a factor in the game but most players seem to have learned to live with it and have adapted.  That being said players are eagerly waiting for 1.8.3 for the fix.

• Like 2

Everyone still enjoying that exhaustion/weapon sway bug? :)

It's definately one of the things I will miss the least when 1.8.3 hits  :P

Also what Geryon said.

Can't wait for the new 1.8.3 update. Looks all good to me.

• Like 1

It is what it is.  Most players deal with it in their own way.  It's definitely a factor in the game but most players seem to have learned to live with it and have adapted.  That being said players are eagerly waiting for 1.8.3 for the fix.

This!

Never got behind all this whining about the swaying. Go... lay on the ground, jump up and try to snipe. See? Won't hit anything.

Go, sprint a mile, throw yourself to the ground and try to snipe. See?

Unless you are a world class biathlete, you won´t hit shit for a minute or so.

Edited by dayzjarhead
  • Like 2

I am a world class athlete in Dayzmod.  I can run 10 km from the north back to the coast.  Snipe some roof top campers on the fire station.  Run back to camp another 10 km and call it a night.  All this day in and day out carrying gobs of food, M249 and a DMR with all the ammo plus covered in a highly breathable by NorthFace ghillie suit.  I've yet to have any muscle strain, never twisted an ankle, no spine problems from humping 50+ lbs.  Whenever I get shot by 5.56 round I simply bandage and take a whole box of Tylenol (liver be damned).  Normally getting shot by a 5.56 round would have me drinking out of a straw for months but hey like I said I'm a world class athlete in Dayzmod.

"Weapon sway"?  "We don't need not weapon sway"!

"Vamonos muchachos, we have another 10 km hump to kill some fresh spawns"!

• Like 1

OK so i've been a little busy last few weeks trying to sort something out to do release's a little faster and im happy to say it looks like the community devs will get direct access to push builds to steam. We still have to have the release notes passed before hand but this will make it much faster for us to deliver builds to everyone.

Soon as i have a little more info ill pass it on :-)

• Like 4

OK so i've been a little busy last few weeks trying to sort something out to do release's a little faster and im happy to say it looks like the community devs will get direct access to push builds to steam. We still have to have the release notes passed before hand but this will make it much faster for us to deliver builds to everyone.

Great news!

If this happens it will be fantastic. Thanks for your efforts!

We are just waiting for all the fine details to be sorted out now.

I am a world class athlete in Dayzmod.  I can run 10 km from the north back to the coast.  Snipe some roof top campers on the fire station.  Run back to camp another 10 km and call it a night.  All this day in and day out carrying gobs of food, M249 and a DMR with all the ammo plus covered in a highly breathable by NorthFace ghillie suit.  I've yet to have any muscle strain, never twisted an ankle, no spine problems from humping 50+ lbs.  Whenever I get shot by 5.56 round I simply bandage and take a whole box of Tylenol (liver be damned).  Normally getting shot by a 5.56 round would have me drinking out of a straw for months but hey like I said I'm a world class athlete in Dayzmod.

"Weapon sway"?  "We don't need not weapon sway"!

"Vamonos muchachos, we have another 10 km hump to kill some fresh spawns"!

This whole post made me LOL.

We're better than world class athletes. World class athletes can run dozens of miles, or cycle hundreds of miles.

But can they down a pallet of pepsi and digest several cows while doing that?

See, we're better than world class athletes.

( At least we do not try squatting with tons of construction material on out backs. That's just wrong :D )

• Like 1

Haven't play Vanilla since v1.7

1.8x are nice versions - I've stared playing again.

I'd like to upgrade my stashes, but when you chop a log -> chop a plank -> chop wood piles, it doesn't work - the piles just disappear from the inventory.

So the only way to upgrade the stash is to find 'wood pile' objects, rather than chop them from trees.

Haven't play Vanilla since v1.7

1.8x are nice versions - I've stared playing again.

I'd like to upgrade my stashes, but when you chop a log -> chop a plank -> chop wood piles, it doesn't work - the piles just disappear from the inventory.

So the only way to upgrade the stash is to find 'wood pile' objects, rather than chop them from trees.

Hey Anti, I am pretty sure thats the result of Infistar Anti Hack not being configured correctly. You need to talk to the admin of the server you are playing on.

We had the same problem once and it's easy to fix. I might be able to help if he/she doesn't know how to.

Cheers.

Edited by vinyljunkie
  • Like 2

This!

Never got behind all this whining about the swaying. Go... lay on the ground, jump up and try to snipe. See? Won't hit anything.

Go, sprint a mile, throw yourself to the ground and try to snipe. See?

Unless you are a world class biathlete, you won´t hit shit for a minute or so.

It's easy to ignore when you exaggerate with two extreme examples. The problem isn't the swaying alone, It's that it takes 5 seconds of any type of movement to generate max sway. 

It's no longer an issue though, as 1.8.3 is on its way.

Edited by Borges

Hey Anti, I am pretty sure thats the result of Infistar Anti Hack not being configured correctly. You need to talk to the admin of the server you are playing on.

We had the same problem once and it's easy to fix. I might be able to help if he/she doesn't know how to.

Cheers.

When we were using infistar you had to make sure the wood pile in the config is not a blacklisted item for spawned in items.   Yes it's true the wood pile is too OP.

It's easy to ignore when you exaggerate with two extreme examples. The problem isn't the swaying alone, It's that it takes 5 seconds of any type of movement to generate max sway. 

It's no longer an issue though, as 1.8.3 is on its way.

Yes, true. My examples are exaggerated but still, you have to settle down in order to take well aimed shot. Maybe not as extreme as it is right now.

Swaying should come in flavors. (Yeah I know, the discussion was settled weeks ago ;) ) 

- After sprinting, skipping a stance, rolling around, getting shot, being wounded... sway the hell out of my limbs. ;)

- Walking (which unfortunately no one really does in DayZ), going from a stance to the next, getting out of a vehicle... should result in noticeable swaying, that settles after 2-5 seconds

- Turning sideways, leaning sideways, looking up down... even there should be a swaying, but a really short one.

Arma tries to be a sim. If players want to be superhumans, let them play COD.

I don´t care about the swaying, players have adapted after 2 hours of playing, as they have adapted to all radical changes in the game.

We are going to try and get a version pushed for the weekend. (fingers crossed)

If theres anything you would like to see removed/updated/enhanced before the 1.8.4 plz let us know.

Go here.

https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ/issues

And select label feature

• Like 2