Super_Duty

Experimental Branch: 0.48 Discussion

The dynamic helicrash events are afaik disabled at the moment. I was refering to the fixed crashsites at rify and the one in balota, wich booth doesn't spawn loot.

These have been noted as disabled before, just so you know

Gearing up is a bit to easy now at SWE 0-4 Server, I entered Berezino and found 3 machetes, could easily cook meat. Found much ammo too, I hope they will keep the gun spawn rate pretty low and push crossbow+bolts and bow+arrows.

Edited by Sharplooter

Nope... nothing is wrong here.  Just one of your typical DayZ Mexican hat dance parties is all.  Sorry you missed it, we had a hell of a time.

Something went wrong with loot respawn..

KpO0PXy.jpg

Edited by Super_Duty
  • Like 2

I keep finding 30 round Sporter mags so when I find a Sporter I post up on a high spot and play zombie sniper with the never ending stream of telepathic zombies that run after me. Been quite fun. Been through Elektro, Cherno and Balota without seeing another player on a full pop server.

• Like 1

I played on swe 4 now, vybor military base gave me some goodies, several Blazes lying around and an SKS. A discarded mountain backpack with several things. In Stary in a red brick building with the side entrances there was a pile (was shown as one) of 4 sawn of shotguns. Oh, the same with .45 ammo in the base on a bed, 5 packages shown as one. Besides those anomalies Stary and Novy were pretty empty, not counting hats, a sickle, ... . No food, no pants besides jeans and tracksuit pants, .... nothing to rip to rags.

Died in novy, I hate that zeds in houses simply start hitting a spot where you were and as long as you are in the house you are hit - at least I think how that works. That makes now two deaths (the last two) on exp through zeds, don't know when I died because of zeds the last time before that. Actually not counting one hit wonders, I think the last time was my first ever death in dayz...

Concerning those boonie hat parties, I've seen those a few times now.

Edited by bautschi

so maybe i was just having the worst luck ever, but tried playing on the exp servers today. played for a few hours, died 3 times to starvation because the only loot i found anywhere was rotten fruit. when i finally managed to find a damaged raincoat got swarmed by 3 jumpers and got killed

so maybe i was just having the worst luck ever, but tried playing on the exp servers today. played for a few hours, died 3 times to starvation because the only loot i found anywhere was rotten fruit. when i finally managed to find a damaged raincoat got swarmed by 3 jumpers and got killed

I starved too but on next spawn I got lucky and I was first freshspawn in Kransostav with fully recycled loot everywhere, even in police station.

I had the most fun trying to survive today.. had the same issues with no usable loot anywhere too. just got lucky.

spawned fresh and made rags, found sticks about a half hour later and by some miracle there was a discarded box of 3 matches in the road. no backpacks to be seen anywhere so my jeans were full.

after an hour or so I had a machete and wandered around from one town to the next.

then I saw running.. and hopping? it was 3 Z's chasing a bull. so I stayed way back and watched. they were so far away I could only see tiny black shapes. after they killed the cow they immediately spotted me and started chasing.

lead them through the woods to the far side of town and lost them.. then spent some time finding the dead cow.

I skinned and quartered it three time and used the hides to make some markers to where the steaks were.

I remembered a log in one of the sheds in the last village so I ran back to get it... then back up the road to my steaks. went off into the woods to make a fire place then back to get the meat.

I had to search for my fire kit for a while but found it... said a prayer and got the fire going on the first match.

15 minutes after that I was barely energized and feeling like the luckiest survivor ever.

then spammed an apple tree till my hand cramped and got hydrated and on the way to healthy.

I could have sat in the same spot I spawned and ate apples and berries till I was healthy but there's no fun in that and hardly worth a story lol

P.S. thank you Zeds for the cow killing!!

• Like 3

it was 3 Z's chasing a bull. so I stayed way back and watched. they were so far away I could only see tiny black shapes. after they killed the cow they immediately spotted me and started chasing.

What happened to the bull?

• Like 1

Game will only get harder and harder. I hope that will chase away spoiled CoD kids and leave us real survivors in peace.

• Like 5

What happened to the bull?

it died.. I ate it.. bull/cow cow/bull lol

No problem finding loot in 0.48 first person servers. West part of map is full of loot on every server that i've played past few days. I just run straight there after spawn. North east big town empty and the surroundin villages empty too. No point spending time there. Also why no zombies there either. Every "new" place feels so empty.

Navmesh must've been turned off because zombies are chasing me through wall.

Ok, swe 4 is a different game all together. No path of the warrior, I did the:

PATH OF THE IDIOT:

Dolina spawn, left dolina with 2 wool coats, 14 rags, a screw driver, burlap sack, lrs pristing, stuffed but still 2 cans of food on me. On the way to solnichny I found a shotgun and a rope -> improv. backpack.

In solnichny I found shotgun ammo and a mosin - never found a gun there before. Plenty of food, peaches, bacon spawned in front of my eyes... .

Went on to kamishivo, food house had banana, peaches and bacon, police had cr75mag, amphibia mag and cz5xx something mag as well as a can opener. A cr75 was in a police car as well as magnum ammo. Threw the shotgun away, but hey, a hacksaw in the next garage.

I tell you, do the path of the idiot on swe 4, I' dropping/leaving so much food, my inventory is full, I don't think I ever geared up like this in the small coast towns. Something seems to be different on that server...

EDIT: There is other stuff I found like an axe, machetes, ... but I'm not really sure where, there was simply sooo much.

Edited by bautschi
  • Like 1

Ok, swe 4 is a different game all together. No path of the warrior, I did the:

PATH OF THE IDIOT:

Dolina spawn, left dolina with 2 wool coats, 14 rags, a screw driver, burlap sack, lrs pristing, stuffed but still 2 cans of food on me. On the way to solnichny I found a shotgun and a rope -> improv. backpack.

In solnichny I found shotgun ammo and a mosin - never found a gun there before. Plenty of food, peaches, bacon spawned in front of my eyes... .

Went on to kamishivo, food house had banana, peaches and bacon, police had cr75mag, amphibia mag and cz5xx something mag as well as a can opener. A cr75 was in a police car as well as magnum ammo. Threw the shotgun away, but hey, a hacksaw in the next garage.

I tell you, do the path of the idiot on swe 4, I' dropping/leaving so much food, my inventory is full, I don't think I ever geared up like this in the small coast towns. Something seems to be different on that server...

EDIT: There is other stuff I found like an axe, machetes, ... but I'm not really sure where, there was simply sooo much.

Swe4 wat? Ok alot of gear and stuff but what do you mean by ,,path of the idiot" and ,,swe 4" ?

Swe4 wat? Ok alot of gear and stuff but what do you mean by ,,path of the idiot" and ,,swe 4" ?

Sweden 0-4 is the experimental server he was in (swe4) and I have no idea what he means about the path of the idiot thing , probably referencing the fact that he never left the shore cities .

• Like 1

If you played experimental you'd know he's refering to a server. 

Sweden 0-4 is the experimental server he was in (swe4) and I have no idea what he means about the path of the idiot thing , probably referencing the fact that he never left the shore cities .

Almost :). Path of the idiot because even on stable it is arguably not smart to use a dolina spawn to run back to solnichny, and then simply down the coast. As on DE 0-8 (my usual server) I found no loot before getting quite far west, it seems reasonably to call running back to the east and then follow the shore the path of the idiot. Here I am, trying to make a little joke, and then...

I am also either really lucky or zed damage is different on that server, I did no bleed so often there and they never ruined my top, I went through top gear faster than a hamster on cocain on de 0-8.

EDIT: Btw I had a little break when in kamishovo, I came back about 20 minutes later and the 3 garages had about 5 new food items, the police station 3 and a new backpack. So there was quite some spawning going on.

Edited by bautschi

My experience this morning is a polar opposite to yesterday morning.  Loot is everywhere.  No problem getting bandages, weapons or bags.  I always play the same server, and loot seems pretty spread out.  Maybe it takes a few days to get cycling proper and spread out.

• I left my bambi avatar at Berizeno last night in poor condition.  The place had been ransacked.  I logged back in this morning and the place was still bare only odd 1 or 2 items that no one wants around.  It was like that all the way down to the factory just north of solnichniy every where I looked there was nothing but the odd 1 or 2 bits of crap. I was surviving off apple trees and berry bushes (I hope they improve the way you forage I don't really like the randomness of it.   A tree with apples on it should produce apples. And please don't shoot me it is just my personal thoughts :-)).  This afternoon when I return the place is awash with loot although there was hardly any one on so I'm not doing to bad just after my 22 mag and its off into the woods. PS any hints on how to melee crawler zeds as I find them a pain in the ass, hard to hit and they do me the most damage.

My strategy is to strafe-circle around them in a counter-clockwise direction, aiming for their lower-neck/back area.

PS any hints on how to melee crawler zeds as I find them a pain in the ass, hard to hit and they do me the most damage.

I have to say stuff is either respawning or the people in front of me are idiots.  I tend to think it is the former.  I've had to pass up three 75rnd magazines at Balota on Singapore 4 because I am just out of room.  I have two smersh packs, Gorka pants and shirts in a mountain ruck and a high cap vest with a smersh pack inside all stuffed to the brims with ammo and magazines and medical supplies.  I really, really need to find a tent.

Edited by Barnabus

. PS any hints on how to melee crawler zeds as I find them a pain in the ass, hard to hit and they do me the most damage.

I find the sweet spot on them is between the shoulder blades

Edited by Barnabus

P.S. thank you Zeds for the cow killing!!

It's a DayZ miracle!!  Be careful though, I had a cow sprint past me in Berizino being chased by three zeds two of which stopped chasing the cow and came after me instead.