Super_Duty

Experimental Branch: 0.48 Discussion

I have to say stuff is either respawning or the people in front of me are idiots.  I tend to think it is the former.  I've had to pass up three 75rnd magazines at Balota on Singapore 4 because I am just out of room.  I have two smersh packs, Gorka pants and shirts in a mountain ruck and a high cap vest with a smersh pack inside all stuffed to the brims with ammo and magazines and medical supplies.  I really, really need to find a tent.

They must have tweaked some of the mechanics since I last played exp .48 which is refreshing to hear !

Come on helo crash sites and wood floor tents bring back your loot !

I have to say stuff is either respawning or the people in front of me are idiots.  I tend to think it is the former.  I've had to pass up three 75rnd magazines at Balota on Singapore 4 because I am just out of room.  I have two smersh packs, Gorka pants and shirts in a mountain ruck and a high cap vest with a smersh pack inside all stuffed to the brims with ammo and magazines and medical supplies.  I really, really need to find a tent.

Server hop much? Ain't no way you got all that stuff on one server.

I dream of the day where find a handful of Mosin rounds will be a huge reward. Every server i see says "High loot PVP!"

The day where food primarily comes from the land..and not rotted cans.

I guess that will come with private hives. I want to make ammo more rare than a friendly player. Bandits will have to decide if the Berezino fresh spawn is worth their 17 rounds of stanag they've found in 2 days.

• Like 4

Nope, I don't actually because I have found that hopping usually it isn't worth it and is a waste of time.  This was all on Singapore 4 over the past few days.  Just this morning I must have hit it fresh because there were AK 30rnd magazines (both kinds but much more of the 7.62 variety) all over the frigging place at tent city by Balota.  Even had one spawn right in front of me.  Just there alone and up at the Mil base not far from there is where I passed up the 75 rounders. I have to say I was pretty surprised by this.  I do have one caveat though, no where to be found were the 5rnd mags for the new carbine or any pistol mags either.  I wish I could find some ammo cans, haven't seen one of those in days.

Yesterday NWAF and Green Mountain had doodle, I by passed Vybor Mil and Zelengorsk completely.  I don't know what Balota was like yesterday because I camped out half way there last night and just got there this morning.

Edited by Barnabus

After playing on swe 0-4 this morning, I believe him, just played again now, loot got harder to find. And then I opened the door of the prison in Chapaevsk, that was the last thing I wanted to look at before going on stable with my buddies. Open the door look inside with my CR75, two dudes look back out. 5fps HYPE! shootout - you are dead :(

Now I'm not gonna post my opinion on loot again, it's getting repetitive, does anyone of you have other theories and why?

Edited by bautschi

I have a theory: the developers know what is going on with loot.  They give us cute little hints, but obviously want us to figure it out for ourselves - which is why some folks are doing experiments (here on Experimental) that others are calling "exploits" or worse.  In my opinion, if the Devs are not going to tell us, any experimentation on our part is fine.  I haven't been doing that - the only loot I have been picking up and moving is Worn or Pristine LRS scopes, of course, and they just get hung in the nearest pine trees.

Anybody else feel like a Guinea Pig?  :D

Z

Edited by Ziad

My burning question of the day for the devs:

Why does the tiny little Makarov take up the same space as the other pistols?  The Mak should be able to fit in the same space as the Combat knife in the Military boots.  It's just a Russkie copy of a Walther PPK, just like the AK is a copy of the STG 44 (ok, yeah, I'll admit that is a bit trollish but I could NOT help myself).

Edited by Barnabus

Seriously, Barnabus is accurate.  I was on that server at the butt crack of dawn, Eastern standard time, 6:15am and he is correct.  Not only the 3, but actually 4 75rnd's, several 30 rnd ak101 mags, a 30 rnd akm mag, canteens, military gear, food, etc. and I left them all.  I was just looking for an ammo box, or two maybe, but I have yet to find one since 0.48 was released (anyone else find one?).  I ended up heading East to Cherno and finally found a yellow plastic storage case to appease my disease.  That was it for the day for me. Oh and btw, some of us are not server hoppers as you so kindly implied...bitch. 

Edited by Super_Duty

+1 no ammo box

Maybe I ought to go farm some on .47 to trade to people for rare items in .48

Edited by trev186

My burning question of the day for the devs:

Why does the tiny little Makarov take up the same space as the other pistols?  The Mak should be able to fit in the same space as the Combat knife in the Military boots.  It's just a Russkie copy of a Walther PPK, just like the AK is a copy of the STG 44 (ok, yeah, I'll admit that is a bit trollish but I could NOT help myself).

yeah kinda trollish (some clear design differences between StG44 and AK47). REALISTICALLY, The Makarov could take up about 2 spaces or almost one depending on your math. It would be nice to have some pocket pistols in the game but sadly the size of items in inventory seems only partially based on realism and "balance" seems to be the most important factor (i disagree, but I'm not a dev :P). I personally hope the devs take into account that certain weapons cant o made smaller. such as folding buttstocks and disassembly.

yeah kinda trollish (some clear design differences between StG44 and AK47). REALISTICALLY, The Makarov could take up about 2 spaces or almost one depending on your math. It would be nice to have some pocket pistols in the game but sadly the size of items in inventory seems only partially based on realism and "balance" seems to be the most important factor (i disagree, but I'm not a dev :P). I personally hope the devs take into account that certain weapons cant o made smaller. such as folding buttstocks and disassembly.

I know, Kalashnikov himself used to bristle when people said that about the STG44 and the AK47.  That's why I couldn't help myself.. It's possible they could change the Mak, binos went from 1x1 to 2x2 then 1x2.  No reason the Mak couldn't either

Edited by Barnabus

I spent a couple hours just watching Balota Airfield today and saw dozens of players log in inside one barracks check the second then run into the third never to be seen again. Like every 10 minutes this happened. Saw multiple gunfights between hoppers and even some that became friends. Not sure why people do this. I don't think any of them got a single piece of gear out of it. I couldn't even bring myself to shoot at any of them because I would have burned through all my ammo for pretty much nothing. It's quite silly, but sadly it's what a lot of the DayZ player base has been trained to do throughout this alpha.

If you're one of the people complaining about not finding food just go to Cherno/Balota/Kamarovo. Seriously there's food everywhere. So much that I was leaving loads of it behind b/c my inventory was full and I was stuffed.

I spent a couple hours just watching Balota Airfield today and saw dozens of players log in inside one barracks check the second then run into the third never to be seen again. Like every 10 minutes this happened. Saw multiple gunfights between hoppers and even some that became friends. Not sure why people do this. I don't think any of them got a single piece of gear out of it. "snip"

Exactly why I don't hop, big fat waste of time and effort and too much chance of a hostile encounter or coming in near a frigging zed that beats on you until you come out of it..

I'm going to have to agree.   I've traveled around the entire map multiple times andI have not run across a single Ammo Box on any of the Military installations.   I sure wish I had a pedometer.

I have not seen an ammo box in .48 either

I know, Kalashnikov himself used to bristle when people said that about the STG44 and the AK47.  That's why I couldn't help myself.. It's possible they could change the PM, binos went from 1x1 to 2x2 then 1x2.  No reason the PM couldn't either

I've only managed to find one PM inside a UAZ and I managed to lose it.

Now I've got two magazines and no PM.   :(

In other news, I spent two game sessions going from Berezino to Elektrozavodsk and from Elektrozavodsk to Balota through Chernogorsk and back to Elektrozavodsk. During that time myself and my two brothas saw absolutely no one, sure we found some signs of people, but they were probably long gone. During the three times that I visited Chernogorsk, it was always untouched.

Both sessions were done on full servers. Are people really that lazy as to not move to the west through the easiest routes?

Edited by Exorade

GUYS! i have to ask this!

has anyone tested the heli Crash sites and walkie talkie in 0.48 ?

I kind of hate to admit it but when you go through a town and there's only shit left it makes it seem a little more immersive.. to me anyway.

like how you never see anyone sometimes but you can tell other surivores/scavengers have been there before you.

better than running to point A, collecting gun, run to point B, collect ammo/mag... like a robot or something

Edited by SkyPig
  • Like 2

Has anyone else run into fully geared players? i have run into alot of fresh or semi geared players but no one with an ak and fully decked out cloths and backpack.

I kind of hate to admit it but when you go through a town and there's only shit left it makes it seem a little more immersive.. to me anyway.

like how you never see anyone sometimes but you can tell other surivores/scavengers have been there before you.

better than running to point A, collecting gun, run to point B, collect ammo/mag... like a robot or something

you are still running to point A and B either way, so it's better if the loot is always gone before you get there?

I had one shooting me Saturday.. all decked out head to toe like GI-Joe.

horrible shot though. was climbing the construction crane and heard the rifle shot.. then a few more. got to the platform and turned around to see the dual primary guy trying his hardest to hit a stationary target... he got me on the second reload though.

he shoulda spent a little less time lootin an more time at the range shootin lol

GUYS! i have to ask this!

has anyone tested the heli Crash sites and walkie talkie in 0.48 ?

No heli, don't know about walkie talkie (they are there of course, but never tested them).

you are still running to point A and B either way, so it's better if the loot is always gone before you get there?

it's not always gone.. but like I said, to me it's a little more immersive having to search and make an effort to survive rather than running straight to where you know there's going to be a gun/food or whatever you're running to.

I like having to look around in more than one spot to find what I need or want.

some people like to find their guns right away and go shoot/kill/die... then again some people like to skip to the last chapter of a book too.

sure I'm still going from A to B but it's the little forced detours that make things interesting

• Like 1

Logged back into the game. Missing shoes, gloves, vest and backpack. And my guy was standing 400 meters from where I logged. :|