Super_Duty

Experimental Branch: 0.48 Discussion

So I've been finding tons of .380 (especially this), 7.62x51mm, and buckshot, but no .45 or 7.62x39 whatsoever. Anyone else?

Or hold one in hands ;)

Yeah, but that leads to all sorts of misadventure and makes me shoot zeds instead of whacking them with an axe...

So I've been finding tons of .380 (especially this), 7.62x51mm, and buckshot, but no .45 or 7.62x39 whatsoever. Anyone else?

.45er seems a bit rare, the others are pretty common (at least what i gathered so far)

I have been finding all those, mostly boxed, but some loose also.  Especially the buckshot.  Haven't seen an FNX at all..

Well I did a sweep of the NWAF and it does seem that some player items are despawning after being discarded. I saw no jeans the whole time !

Though loot does seem to not respawn much at all. I was able to find a few boxes of ammo and an AKM someone missed in a Jeep.

I also noticed some ruined items which I had heard reports sme had seen them despawn instantly.

The ruined items I found I was able to grab one but the other vanished right in front of me so maybe the owner was just there ? I checked around but I could not find him.

Having items persist for so long makes it difficult to track players vs stable :(

I did not find anything new yet.

Wooden floor tents still spawn nothing either sadly.

I am hoping they add more spawn points to each area. Like NWAF I feel should spawn gear up in those guard towers and guard shacks around the parameter. This would make loot paths less linear and also increase chances of finding gear in a barren environment.

Really enjoying the new patch. I dont get how people keep complaining that the game is worse....it has never been better in my eyes.

I am hoping they add more spawn points to each area. Like NWAF I feel should spawn gear up in those guard towers and guard shacks around the parameter. This would make loot paths less linear and also increase chances of finding gear in a barren environment.

Half of places that should spawn loot according to dayz db map do not spawn loot.

• Like 2

I can tell when an area has respawned loot because it's usually suspended in mid air or there will be multiples on top of one another.

I am fine with this as I scored a high capacity vest from an already looted barracks and was quite happy with that. It makes you want to wander around and search for loot again rather than just looking for interaction because the place was picked clean by hoppers and freshies. It was impossible to find a server with any loot in the afternoons and evenings that hadn't just restarted.

This was a giant stride in the right direction if you ask me and makes me not mind a few other bugs as much now.

• Like 1

I can tell when an area has respawned loot because it's usually suspended in mid air or there will be multiples on top of one another.

I am fine with this as I scored a high capacity vest from an already looted barracks and was quite happy with that. It makes you want to wander around and search for loot again rather than just looking for interaction because the place was picked clean by hoppers and freshies. It was impossible to find a server with any loot in the afternoons and evenings that hadn't just restarted.

This was a giant stride in the right direction if you ask me and makes me not mind a few other bugs as much now.

way455:

Can you elaborate a bit more on the new loot changes?...I was playing experimental yesterday around 19:00 hrs eastern time and was not able to find one single weapon at NWAF, nor in the vecinity.....Found ammo and magazines but guns were gone  :o ....

How this is working?.....To be honest, found the experimental with some rubber banding, bugs in sounds....but overall I am ok with lack of loot...as you mentioned makes things more challening and interesting.....

If a place has been looted already (opened doors and items floating around)......does it spawn new loot?....just in restarts?....

Thank you in advance for any insights mate!

Cheers.

Any word if anything has changed on HC since they came back up? I'm stuck at the office for a while yet.

Edited by Super_Duty

Any word if anything has changed on HC since they came back up? I'm stuck at the office for a while yet.

Not for me. Came back from Cherno to Electro, found some food, a new top - my top ware has a lower half-life period than choclates on my desk. I don't even store things in there any more, they'll get ruined. Somehow I can get the zeds, but they also get me :). I did not spot anything different, but I just watched someone on twitch starve (third person) - don't have that problem, sooo...

Edited by bautschi

IMHO the most importanten problems at the moment:

- fist fight -> hit detection to the head of zombies is horrible and random

(If the fist fight works so unbelievable bad, players are dependent to melee weapons what leads us to the next big problem)

- melee weapons are to rare at spawn areas because little sheds alomst every time empty since yesterdays "disimprovement" patch

- if you find a melee weapon it's often the worst like pitchfork which is in fact useless atm, machete as melee weapon is also almost a nogo  (axes, farming hoes and shovels are good or at least OK meanwhile)

- absoluty NO or nearly NO loot since last patch at deer stands, blue caravans, junk yards (pickup trucks), almost all kinds of little sheds, garages, mini barns etc. etc. etc. And I dont even mention/care the tons of black wood houses and red + green houses with outside stairs...

I have no problems if they cut down the gun spawn rate heavily or cut the loot dramatically in towns at all for saying bye bye to the uninspired deathmatch/CoD-like players. But as an allegiant dayz mod veteran it just hurts me when I don't get rewarded a bit for taking long ways off the beaten track.  

Edit: To make it clear,  I really appreciate it that the devs are try to make finding (good) loot harder to push the survival aspect. But then I hope they have the duplication problems on their priority list.   

Edited by Sharplooter

Ah, I love how it feels like hardcore players are constantly being treated like we are some second class minority.

Because we are. Doesn't help when you look at a server list and see all these so called 'hardcore' players playing seperately with 3-4 players across 5 servers when they can all be playing together on the same server. At least Regular players try to play together.

Man up you lil sissies and all get on the same server.

• Like 1

Because we are. Doesn't help when you look at a server list and see all these so called 'hardcore' players playing seperately with 3-4 players across 5 servers when they can all be playing together on the same server. At least Regular players try to play together.

tumblr_inline_n9ybteNnrf1s7babi.gif

But I want to see my character... that's how I play all my Bethesda games 2

• Like 1

I see this often on experimental but not often on stable. I think it's largely because people actually want to find items and test them out for themselves without having to deal with the possibility of being murdered, lol. Also - there are way less players on 1PP servers in general and said players are often spread over several regions - thus leaving only a few per server much of the time. Most of em have been pretty full since yesterday's patch though.

• Like 1

so I ran for about 1 hours checking feed shacks for tents. so far i have found a lot of nothing. have tent spawns been modified in any way? (feed shacks, castles, and barns) Also, I its almost impossible to test on EXP but i have a hunch that items spawn faster on servers with more people.

so I ran for about 1 hours checking feed shacks for tents. so far i have found a lot of nothing. have tent spawns been modified in any way? (feed shacks, castles, and barns) Also, I its almost impossible to test on EXP but i have a hunch that items spawn faster on servers with more people.

That'd be cool if true !

They do, taking an item results in spawing an item. More players result in more items taken per minute.

Maybe that will change and get more sophisticated, but as far as I know, that's how it is now.

Edited by bautschi

Tents are more common then earlier patches, just watch out.

Talkin bout lootrespawn and lootcycle:

C37TyDV.jpgeooQ6yB.jpg

Edited by Guest

Tents are more common then earlier patches, just watch out.

Talkin bout lootrespawn and lootcycle:

C37TyDV.jpgeooQ6yB.jpg

I like the spraypaint sticks :D

New Patch - New Life(s) 

So today I've played the new Experimental. My first 2 lifes were miserable.

The first ended falling from a crane in Svetlojarsk. (btw theres loot on top of them)

The second ended with a desync and 3 zombies hitting the air 10 meters away from me thus killing me.

3 is the charm so to say. Thats when I finally survived. Though it was a tough survival trip. I've had to rely on apples for a long time loosing nealy all my blood before I finally found an axe and food to regain healthy status. That was after 2 or 3 hours of playtime. Shortly after that I've arrived at the military base between vybor and kabanino.

This is the current method of lootcycling for me:

Find a new backpack (mountain backpacks are nice for this purpose) grab everything you don't need until its full. Find a Zed and with some luck you'll be able to access his inventory. Drop the backpack on the zed and begin from start.

You'll probably find another sparse backpack where you can store all the stuff you actually want to keep. Respawn is damn fast in this military base and even solo you'll be able to farm something usable. Also by getting rid of the trash with zombies you won't fill the server with junk items.

Additional Note: I really hope the devs will find a way to prevent such loot cycling. It's pretty darn stupid and breaks the game's purpose.

Edited by Ellen Ripley
  • Like 2

I had a MUCH better experience tonight. It was actually fun being uber hard with no resources at all near the coast. You have to head inland or you will starve. Ammo is pretty scarce but that makes it interesting. I haven't seen anything new yet but I was able to lock a zed out of a house so that pleased me. I don't know the loot respawn time but I did see stuff where I looped back through a previously cleared area looking for someone. It definitely seems that they haven't added all the inventory to the spawns yet. Weird stuff spawning in weird places (like above). 

Was transferring to a better backpack; in the middle of transfer, the last six or seven items just disappeared. 

Sigh.

Z