Elvis 22222222

Why is this a thing?

I don't understand why mags are so hard to find? They are in guns or next to them always in real life, yet they are so hard to find. It is a zombie apocalypse for Christ sake! You should fine old worn ones and broken ones all over the place! Especially on skeletons of Police officers and Army bros too (Dropped them when they died). It should be the bullets that are hard to find! Yet my bags full of them... I'm so bored because I can not find one of these hidden-oh so common in real life-gems. It is soooo boring. They should be some what on the lesser side of common, but instead the only people that have them are server jumpers and spawn-in-ers. If I go to a military base with a military gun what to you think I expect to find on the bodies of dead. MAGS. I mean, they are so rare! Why. why. why. Bullets should be!!! The zombie thing has been going on for awhile and people downed as many as they could before they ran out of ammo and left there empty MAGS by their bodies or still have them on them. 

Bullets should be rare! Make firefight so much more intense, not mags, mags are the things you get with a purchase of a 6 pack of beer in Texas and you just throw them away because you have WAY to many at home. 

Either please give me some freaking mags because i'm sick of making it rain by throw useless ammo at zombie strippers that doesn't do any damage. Or give me a car with 3 chainsaws on the front of it so I can have some entertainment before being shot in the face by someone with a AK and 75 round mags sitting roof with all his friends. 

And no I don't play on high population servers. I play on multiple low ones with high and average loot spawns and I've started sever jumping to catch the restarts and spawns of loot.  I hate myself, but i'm doing it. 

PS I typed this sitting on my chair made of ammo and flashlights

Although this is a bit of rant, I do want to talk about this and determine if I should write a suggestion (Nicely) to change around the current situation. Would this help the game? Or hurt it?

• Like 4

mags are the things you get with a purchase of a 6 pack of beer in Texas

DayZ is not set in Texas but in cummunistic Chernorus.

Also in case of zombie apocalypse all food, medical suplies and guns (including ammo and magazine) would be first to be cleared and people with guns would fled out of the country away from zombies.

Like for zombie apocalypse guns are too easy to find everywhere. Also considering this that DayZ doesn't take place in USA but in cummunistic part of Europe.

• Like 5

But he is right that its ridiculous that pistols never have a mag in them.

To the Op, there are shit loads of pistol mags at military bases like bolota, Which means dangerous to get.

• Like 2

I will agree with the pistol mag complaint. The majority of firearms are purchased for home or personal defense, and I don't know anyone who buys a weapon for personal defense and leaves the mag out.

I think pistols should have a set percentage change to spawn with an empty mag in them AT THE LEAST because let's be honest, it is a bit ridiculous that ALL of the pistols spawn without them.

Heck, maybe even throw in a variable for pistols to spawn with SOME rounds in them.

• Like 4

I don't understand why mags are so hard to find?

Because it keeps the ammo scarce and valuable, which forces you to think before shooting.

Or at least that's how it is supposed to be, right now there is ammo everywhere.

The majority of firearms are purchased for home or personal defense, and I don't know anyone who buys a weapon for personal defense and leaves the mag out.

In Europe, the majority of firearms are purchased for hunting/target shooting and you are often required to store them separate from their ammunition.

• Like 7

In Europe, the majority of firearms are purchased for hunting/target shooting and you are often required to store them separate from their ammunition.

Yes. In most of Europe that I know you must keep your gun in the special safe and ammunition in other safe.

No such freedom like in the USA to keep your gun in the drawer under the socks or in empty shoe box on top of the wardrobe.

Actually most of the world requires firearms to be kept in safes, most of civilised world I should say. Muricans just don't get it, cowboy days are over
  • Like 6

I would almost rather just find empty clips and mags lying around, and hope that I found a weapon to use them in; not only would that be a bit more realistic, but would also make it less likely that people you encounter will be armed to the teeth, and would make you think about whether or not you wanted to carry it around with you. But I also agree that at least some of the pistols (and perhaps even other weapons) should spawn with a clip or mag, even if it's completely empty. I recently came across a 1911 in an ATC tower without the clip, and decided to chamber a single .45 round from my backpack into it, so that whoever came across it would have at least 1 bullet. I might do that more often.

Not arguing that but right now magazines are rarer than weapons, their ammo or even attachments. They should be a little more common than their respective guns and much more common than any (other) attachment. Maybe make tham spawn empty but realistically speaking you should be able to find them where the firearms they belong to spawn. Right now it seems like "Civilian Weapon Magazine" is military grade gear...

Edited by Evil Minion
  • Like 1

Jeeps people, Jeeps

There are no jeeps in Dayz.

Here its required to have locked storage cabinet for your weapons and you need to keep your weapon inside it all times unless your using it (hunting for example).

But its totally different story in the eastern parts of Europe, I would imagine the amount of unregistered firearm in there is many times larger than the registered firearms in nothern Europe especially the war remnants from Soviets.

DayZ is not set in Texas but in cummunistic Chernorus.

In Communist Chernarus, gun clips you!

Anyhow, gotta agree with OP. The locals seem to have two guns for every clip - not a big issue, no doubt future loot algorithm adjustments will take care of this.

• Like 1

Actually most of the world requires firearms to be kept in safes, most of civilised world I should say. Muricans just don't get it, cowboy days are over

Yes, imagine this scenario:

"Honey, there are a bunch of zombies at the door, can you talk to them?"

"Will do darling."

gets gun from safe, walks to other secure area and gets clip.

walks to other area and gets ammo.

walks outside and shoots zombies.

walks back in and places ammo back into storage.

walks back to other room and places clip in storage.

walks back to safe and places gun in storage.

"There honey, I spoke with them, it's all good now"

"okay, thanks dear"

Yes, its such a realistic system they have there. I see it happening just like I described. Bash us poor cowboys all you want, but we won't be stupid enough to leave clips and ammo away from our guns in a ZA.

The developers putting an artificial control onto something to try and compensate for failures elsewhere. They should make it as realistic as possible. It would require them to spawn the guns with clips and possible chance at some ammo too, but just reduce the overall number of guns. Not hard. and it eliminates the stupid problem we have now.

Edited by randomspawn
  • Like 2

The ruined Jeeps that you can find EVERYWHERE, Look inside them. You will find all sorts of magazines for weapons.

I usually find enough that I can circle the map, shooting Zeds and defending myself when I come under attack by bandits without having to actually go into a military loot location after I have acquired my AKM or AK101 as it is now. Considering that you can reload your mags.

Edited by ColdAvoral

Yes. In most of Europe that I know you must keep your gun in the special safe and ammunition in other safe.

No such freedom like in the USA to keep your gun in the drawer under the socks or in empty shoe box on top of the wardrobe.

That is actually illegal in many US states. The firearm must usually be locked up in a postive safe, and/or stored separately from the ammunition.

Believe me or not, not EVERY part of the US has an assault rifle-shaped erection. Actually, real assault rifles (AKA the M4A1) are illegal for US citizens to own without a permit, which is a hassle to get in my part of the country.

He's referring to the UAZs.

actually most responsible gun owners here have gunboxes or safes for their firearms, or store them responsible in gun cabinets etc. however, there are those who are always trying to allow themselves to become victims of Darwinism

This town ain't big enuff fer the two of us pard'ner.

Yes, imagine this scenario:

"Honey, there are a bunch of zombies at the door, can you talk to them?"

"Will do darling."

gets gun from safe, walks to other secure area and gets clip.

walks to other area and gets ammo.

walks outside and shoots zombies.

walks back in and places ammo back into storage.

walks back to other room and places clip in storage.

walks back to safe and places gun in storage.

"There honey, I spoke with them, it's all good now"

"okay, thanks dear"

Yes, its such a realistic system they have there. I see it happening just like I described. Bash us poor cowboys all you want, but we won't be stupid enough to leave clips and ammo away from our guns in a ZA.

The developers putting an artificial control onto something to try and compensate for failures elsewhere. They should make it as realistic as possible. It would require them to spawn the guns with clips and possible chance at some ammo too, but just reduce the overall number of guns. Not hard. and it eliminates the stupid problem we have now.

Are you seriously trying to argue that our gun laws are inferior to yours, because in the event of a "zombie apocalypse" you would be able to react less than 30 seconds quicker? And you wonder why everyone thinks Americans are dumb...

You're also saying that you would go and put the gun away after seeing a zombie? You wouldn't keep it on you and get ready to abandon your house. Do all yanks live in another universe or just you "cowbows"?

Ontopic:

I believe it should depend where the gun is. In a civialian area where it has clearly been in use, then there should be an empty mag in it, or perhaps a few rounds in the magazine. In military areas like gun storage rooms they should never have the mags in them, as they would never be stored like that in a barracks.

I agree that finding ammo should be the limiting factor, not finding a magazine.

Edited by GeorgieBest
  • Like 1

If most countries require owning a safe.....

How do they enforce that? I ask because I agree with the idea. I keep my ww2 pistols in a safe and wish all gun owners did too. Less kids would get hurt.

But how do countries encourage or enforce owning a safe?

Edited by Zed's Dead
  • Like 1

Hello there

In the UK the police will come and inspect your gunsafe and ensure its  up to the set regulations.

Lets get back to the topic of Mags.

Remember that the loot tables are not set in stone yet, the next patch might see mags everywhere but bullets rare for example.

Rgds

LoK

The ruined Jeeps that you can find EVERYWHERE

You can't find any jeeps anywhere in Chenarus. Jeep is an American off-road vehicle brand.

The cars that you call jeeps are UAZ-469, Soviet and later Russian made off-road vehicles.

Edited by Exorade