DemonGroover

Stable - 0.47 Discussion

So i played the 0.47 on stable today. As i played with my regular character, which still has an m4, i shot one zombie into the head and he didnt die. only after 2 shots he died.

10min later i played with my hardcore char. This char didnt had much equip. Only a pitch fork. A zombie ran towards me and i started to fight, but for some reason i couldnt hit him! even with my bare hands i couldnt hit him. So i ran into a building and faced my enemy again. Only inside the builiding it was possible to kill him. 

5min later i died because of more zombies btw. Thats why i restarted and got a new character. Same goes for this char. Again zombies who couldnt be hit. Only in buildings. This time i used a baseball bat.

Does someone else experience this kind of change?

sorry for bad english!

AND WHAT ABOUT HELI CRASH SITE?

Dynamic events are disabled, for now.

AND WHAT ABOUT HELI CRASH SITE?

What about them, everybody knows that they are being re-worked and I see no mention in the change logs.

Try restarting Steam, worked for me.

I verify my local game files...(hint).

So i played the 0.47 on stable today. As i played with my regular character, which still has an m4, i shot one zombie into the head and he didnt die. only after 2 shots he died.

10min later i played with my hardcore char. This char didnt had much equip. Only a pitch fork. A zombie ran towards me and i started to fight, but for some reason i couldnt hit him! even with my bare hands i couldnt hit him. So i ran into a building and faced my enemy again. Only inside the builiding it was possible to kill him. 

5min later i died because of more zombies btw. Thats why i restarted and got a new character. Same goes for this char. Again zombies who couldnt be hit. Only in buildings. This time i used a baseball bat.

Does someone else experience this kind of change?

sorry for bad english!

I would assume this relates to your experience:

Known issues:

• Player can in rare circumstances enter a state in which they cannot attack and must relog
  • Character may temporarily enter a frozen state when throwing (resolved a few seconds)
  • Melee targeting is off in some situations
  • Players can in some circumstances experience slight desync with server
  • Dynamic server events are temporarily disabled
  • Backpacks rearrange after reconnection
  • Players restrained while unconscious remained restrained until reconnection (after awaking)
  • Persistent items & storage are disabled server side pending hot fix to stable branch
Edited by Pillock

Considering that persistent loot is disabled, this makes tents virtually useless, right?

• Like 1

but are tents now in stable or not? it is not stated in the changelog as new item ...

edit: nvm i am blind xD

Edited by AragamiZ

- Items: Boonie hat fishing hook storage

maybe PEN storage too

Dont like the slowed down crouch was better the old way.

Press your run key and you can go faster.

just installed the patch and started the game up.

hardcore character, meets zombie, pulls out fire axe.  zombie should've been dead in one hit.  but... axe swings and meets... air.  a bunch of times in row.  zombie happily rapes me while I swing away at nothing.  luckily I'm near some stairs so I get out of reach and put an arrow in him.

so I try my regular character, different server.  same thing.  fire axe does absolutely NOTHING.  three other zombies show up suddenly and I have to run for my life.  ALL my gear ruined by the time I can get some distance and scramble for another weapon.

I'm scared to fucking log in again.

• Like 1

Thanks to the Devs for all their work. Looking forward to the new patch.

• Like 1

I'm scared to fucking log in again.

LOL...

Well, I've merged your Topic because this is the hot spot at the moment.

Some adapting may be required, axes and pick axes are still the best.

I've only been playing on the Exp build but you should be fine once you get used to it.

Third line down Known Isues = Melee targeting is off in some situations

Hit detection seemed out for me as well, couldn't punch a zombie in the head as easily as I could before.

Boneboys should give me my own thread for every time I want to thank the devs for their work so I don't spam the general discussion with "I Just Wanted To Thank.." every patch.  :P

• Like 1

LOL...

I've only been playing on the Exp build but you should be fine once you get used to it.

Got any tips?

Is first person view the way to go for all melee now, or is it just a case of adjusting to different aim/timing than before? Or just be safe and use my firearm against them?

LOL...

sure I can adapt and use a gun, except with my hardcore character I was purposely playing without using guns.  and enjoying it a lot.

Not happy that it has become unnecessarily difficult to kill zombies again. I've always said that I'm for making them as hard as can be, just make it so that the physics work properly. If I can play in an environment that makes sense and is consistent, there's no problem.

That said, I purposely switched weapons to something with ammo that's easy to find so I'll probably just be shooting them again for a while until the melee system is fixed again.

• Persistent items & storage are disabled server side pending hot fix to stable branch

Yeah, but what does that mean?

every persistent storage is disabled until the next hotfix?

Items are not saved, but the tent and items in the tent are persistent?

• Like 1

Yeah, but what does that mean?

every persistent storage is disabled until the next hotfix?

Items are not saved, but the tent and items in the tent are persistent?

NOTHING either in or out of tents DO NOT PERSIST.

Got any tips?

Is first person view the way to go for all melee now, or is it just a case of adjusting to different aim/timing than before? Or just be safe and use my firearm against them?

If I'm using a hacksaw instead of my splitting axe, it's much easier to kill zombies w/ melee. Could be something with 2h weapons maybe? Didn't try other 1h melees yet..