Sign in to follow this  
Halven (DayZ)

Why did you remove the bipod for Mosin?

The title pretty much says it all.
I think it's pretty stupid that you can't use the bipod for a sniper rifle, i mean, if there's something you use a bipod for it's a sniper rifle, not a AK.
It just makes no sence.

I agree, however the ATLAS bipod would not go on the mosin in real life, as its designed to mount to a rail. The mosin doesn't have a tactical rail on the bottom. However, I do think they should add a normal bipod that mounts to a gun without a rail (such as mosin) because I agree with your logic about the sniper needing a bipod.

That new gun cz557 or what ever it is replaces mosin as a sniper.

I've heard that some of the logic behind doing that was because the mosin was accurate as it was without the bipod. Either way, I agree with the logic that a sniper should be able to use a bipod. (That or be able to prop it up on something to make the shot more steady)

bump. Hoping for a official response from someone who works on development.

Will implementation of a bipod (for the mosin) be coming and if so, when? If not, what reasons are behind the decision?

Edited by MatchboxChick

yeah and why did you remove the MP5k OEM buttstock? there is like no argument to provide for this, why remove a correctly-functioning stock?

bump. Hoping for a official response from someone who works on development.

Will implementation of a bipod (for the mosin) be coming and if so, when? If not, what reasons are behind the decision?

No rails no bipod, official.

• Like 1

First of all, the Mosin is no sniper rifle and the long range scope will also be removed because it was never meant for the Mosin. 

And that's a good thing. The Mosin is simply a soviet standart-issue rifle. Well, was. If I remember correctly the PU scope will still be available for the Mosin, since you can attach it to the Mosin IRL.

That new gun cz557 or what ever it is replaces mosin as a sniper.

What ? It doesn't even take scopes. 

So, eventually the long scope might even be taken off? I just hope an offical sniper rifile is implemented before the mosin loses the long scope, otherwise I know a lot of people will be unhappy.

So, eventually the long scope might even be taken off? I just hope an offical sniper rifile is implemented before the mosin loses the long scope, otherwise I know a lot of people will be unhappy.

The idea is it fills the role temporarily until more content is added. The PU scope should only be mountable after drilling and tapping it even, but it's supposed to be a common rifle that tides you over until you find something you like more. An example would be like dropping it for an SVD when they're implimented later.

There are always people unhappy about things being added or removed. I am not against a sniper rifle, but at some point everyone runs around with one on his shoulder and that is overkill. A better weapon distribution system has to be implemented, which makes those rifles rare.

I agree, however the ATLAS bipod would not go on the mosin in real life, as its designed to mount to a rail. The mosin doesn't have a tactical rail on the bottom. However, I do think they should add a normal bipod that mounts to a gun without a rail (such as mosin) because I agree with your logic about the sniper needing a bipod.

Yes, but they also make bipod that mount on using the front sling lug.

Yes, but they also make bipod that mount on using the front sling lug.

Exactly. That's what I said. They need to implement this type along with the already existing one.

Man up son, real snipers didn't even use scopes on the Eastern Front.

• Like 1

Hello there

I would like to see weapon resting for all weapons as has been done in many arma mods. VTS resting is my go to mod.

Fingers crossed!

Rgds

LoK

• Like 3

HAPlrxJ.jpg

Hello there

I would like to see weapon resting for all weapons as has been done in many arma mods. VTS resting is my go to mod.

Fingers crossed!

Rgds

LoK

Wait a second, are you two working together?

• Like 3

response from someone who works on development.

No rails no bipod, official.

Congrats on the new job, dude!   B)

• Like 1

Congrats on the new job, dude!   B)

Thanks man! Before I forget, Team Tochia said "tell Kelsh, dry bag is in waterproof mode and he should learn more about how dry bags work."

• Like 1

And that's a good thing. The Mosin is simply a soviet standart-issue rifle. Well, was. If I remember correctly the PU scope will still be available for the Mosin, since you can attach it to the Mosin IRL.

I wish it was that easy. The Mosin IRL requires a scope mount to attach the PSU and that is not at all standard to the stock Mosin.

There are always people unhappy about things being added or removed. I am not against a sniper rifle, but at some point everyone runs around with one on his shoulder and that is overkill. A better weapon distribution system has to be implemented, which makes those rifles rare.

If they could implement proper ballistics with wind/weather effects then let everyone have a sniper rifle - they won't be able to make long range shots with it and anything under 400m an assault rifle with a scope is far better.

The title pretty much says it all.

I think it's pretty stupid that you can't use the bipod for a sniper rifle, i mean, if there's something you use a bipod for it's a sniper rifle, not a AK.

It just makes no sence.

Don't Complain Deal With It You Have The M44 Compressor.