gibonez

First Balancing pass on firearms

I am a little confused as to why the made the scopes increase the weapons accuracy :/

MOA = Minute of arc ?

Yes π/10800 rad

I am a little confused as to why the made the scopes increase the weapons accuracy :/

Prolly 'cos people usually shoot smaller groups with optics. But it could be argued they'd already shoot more accurately without needing to change the dispersion on account of the better precision.

Yes π/10800 rad

I suspect that means 'shoot until target is dead or oneself is dead disregarding fair or unbalanced dispersion and or ballistics'

• Like 3

Prolly 'cos people usually shoot smaller groups with optics. But it could be argued they'd already shoot more accurately without needing to change the dispersion on account of the better precision.

That make sense I do notice smaller groups when I am shooting with a magnified optic.

What about the BS attachments that affect dispersion are they still around such as the mosins compensator ?

Just wanted to stop here say two things before I retreat from my monster I created and go to bed. First:

Gews, you bronie bastard you! You ROCK! Nice work with the quick reaction time in finding that intell.

And second:

WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly some tacticool mosins can mount m203s.

wMOMToh.jpg

but are they laser guided M203's???

What about the BS attachments that affect dispersion are they still around such as the mosins compensator ?

Mosin compensator is still around, reduces dispersion diameter by 33% compared to Mosin that only has LRS - should be changed - makes this a kinda useless attachment but, hey...

All the other stuff still exists but the effects are now much smaller. Apart from Mosin compensator AK plastic and railed furniture is the other main thing IMO, using AK-101 polymer furniture instead of laminated AKM furniture reduces AKM dispersion to 3.78 MOA from 4.47 MOA (error in first post, AKM is less accurate than standard M4A1, AK101 is more accurate).

Edited by Gews
  • Like 1

Bear in mind, balance could mean multiple things.

Could be in reference to weapon performance.

Could just be in reference to rarity/commonality tweaks with regard to weapons/magazines/ammunition.

Could be both.

I grow weary of the "Update treasure hunts" for what they've implemented...lol. I guess it's just me, but I would prefer to actually be told what they have adjusted so I can liberally experiment and test each one individually. But nope. 

• Like 4

I like the step they took but I would love it even more if in one of the future patches instead of releasing a firearms balance patch they simply stated.

"We decided to give each of the weapons their real life attributes and values, also attachments no longer work on weapons that you would not ordinarily see on in real life nor weapons that require excessive machining to fit on. Attachments no longer affect the dispersion in any shape or form and any further balancing will be done by controlling the loot tables"

• Like 1

Got numbers for all the pistols Gews?

All 5.4" at 25 yd = 20.63 MOA

T/C Encore = 6.88 MOA

• Like 1

still my #1 hatelist item for SA. Optics effecting the actual ballistics is 100% un-acceptable. you should not be penalised with reduced mechanical accuracy when using irons over an optic for ANY REASON EVER.

• Like 8

All 5.4" at 25 yd = 20.63 MOA

T/C Encore = 6.88 MOA

Thanks man.

I imagine there will be a huge number of attachments to the CZ to help reduce the dispersion.

Well gotta play to find out. Ether its going to be REALLY good or a really bad change. That about sums it up.

Idiotic. Can't the developement team state the freaking changes...just...lol

• Like 2

The development team only states the freaking changes when there's a stable release.

• Like 1

Hello there

Im not sure if we will ever see attachments affect statistics, we have to remember this is a game not a hardcore milsim.

Yes, its more of a survival sim but I think the emphasis will be more on survival than combat.

I too would love all the weapons to equal their real life counterparts as much as possible and for attachments to as useful as they are in real life but I can see why the devs would go with a small buff.

Lets be thankful and relieved that the weapons are being tweaked and for the better. 

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

Reduced dispersion for one thing

SKS = 5.16 MOA

M4A1 CQB = 4.30 MOA

M4A1 = 4.13 MOA

M4A1 RIS, standard = 4.04 MOA

M4A1 Magpul = 3.78 MOA

CZ527 = 5.16 MOA

Mosin = 3.44 MOA

Blaser = 3.44 MOA

10/22 = 3.44 MOA

1911 = 5.4" @ 25 yd

Not bad for a first run...  I'd like to see a few changes though.  Mosin and cz527 should have their moas swapped.  Blaser should be reduced to sub 2.5 moa, and 10/22 should be at least 5.

Thanks for the info btw gews.

I have to admit that I don't really know what those MOA numbers say. Does it mean that the CR527 is less accurate than the M4A1? Is it because of the caliber?

It's essentially the "natural" deviation of the firearm.  Smaller number = better.

They stated they won't publish detailed mechanics because of potential abuse. Also not providing the changes gives a greater motivation for testing and leads to less predisposed testers.

They stated they won't publish detailed mechanics because of potential abuse. Also not providing the changes gives a greater motivation for testing and leads to less predisposed testers.

Ah whatever...im tired of the dev team and their fan boys xd

If they said the water was purple some people would say "ahem..i agree!"... Lol

• Like 1

Ah whatever...im tired of the dev team and their fan boys xd

If they said the water was purple some people would say "ahem..i agree!"... Lol

Some people are equally tired of haters *wink* *wink*.