General Zod

Make server restart warning compulsory

Server restart warning  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Should every server warn players 5 minutes before restart ?

Come on N0-sayers.. will just one of you tell who you are and why you vote 'no' ?

I voted no because I enjoy the mystery of a server restart and don't feel the need to whine about it when it happens and I lose a couple pieces of gear, plus when the game goes live server restarts will be a thing of the past

• Like 1

I have a dream of a DayZ without server resets where loot is dynamic and persistent. Where a server restart keeps (almost) everything the way it was before and only happens once in a while (daily or even less often). This would truly add interesting aspects into the game.

But for now reset warnings are okay and will help people to cope with getting kicked out and joining a new world without losing their gear or even their life.

I voted no because I enjoy the mystery of a server restart and don't feel the need to whine about it

..//..

lol

[you almost got me there Caboose .. for a moment I thought you were serious, dude]

Edited by pilgrim

lol

[you almost got me there Caboose .. for a moment I thought you were serious, dude]

Am I serious?  :o

Because ?

I don't like it and there is no real need.

I don't like it and there is no real need.

Poll seems to disagree. 

yesterday a server owner was playing and he restarted the server a couple times in 15 minutes, in some of these restarts another player killed one of our group and we went discover some time after.

This function would be limited

Vote yes for obvious reasons.

Moved to General because pressure needs to be put on Server Admins that have the tools but do not use them and GSP providers that do not provide the tools.

I try not to play on servers that do not announce the restart times (server restarts every four hours from 00.00gmt onwards) or give warnings (server restarts in 15/10/5 mins) but it's very hit or miss I'm afraid.

I use fragnet and it doesn't even give me an option, only one to have the server reset every (X) hours and what time of the day it resets to.

• Like 1

The problem with this is that right now, if you own a Gameserver Dayz server you don't have this option.  It just cannot be done.  Is it too much to ask the players to keep track of time?

It's bad enough we have the servers restart after only four hours.  It makes us Costco style super military surplus stores for hoppers as it is already. 

You don't like it then only play on servers that have the warning.  Who are you to set policy for the rest of us?

Edited by Barnabus

yesterday a server owner was playing and he restarted the server a couple times in 15 minutes, in some of these restarts another player killed one of our group and we went discover some time after.

This function would be limited

Buy your own server and do what you want, it's like TV or Radio, you don't like what's on, change the frigging channel.

dropped my Mosin+LRS+Bipod some days ago (haven't played for quite some weeks) to re-arrange my crossbow&Mosin.

"No connection for X seconds"

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

And all of that can be replaced in about 5 minutes as it stands now.

Buy your own server and do what you want, it's like TV or Radio, you don't like what's on, change the frigging channel.

you bought a server to play DayZ dude ? hey, you ought to rent one it's a lot cheaper

you bought a server to play DayZ dude ? hey, you ought to rent one it's a lot cheaper

You wanted an answer from the no people, I gave you one.  Now, I figure to keep you and hoppers like you off my server, if I ever get the restart warning option, I'll just ignore it.  It's mostly for server hoppers who look at all servers as their own personal welfare checks anyway.  You have a watch?  Use it.  I don't randomly restart my server unless it is for a very special, pre-arranged reason such as a group that wants a meet up.

Figure out what servers start when and use them, if the server restarts randomly, then go away, you can report the owner to the host if you want, that is your option.  Don't steal my options just because you can't tell time.

..//..

I figure to keep you and hoppers like you off my server

..//..

server hoppers who look at all servers as their own personal welfare checks

..//..

if the server restarts randomly, then go away

..//..

Is this your opinion of other players ?

If I were you - ya know - I'd kick off every player who didn't have his own server

Your view is every player should pay for himself, right dude .. why should you be their welfare check ?

anyone who doesn't have their own server shouldn't ever come play on yours - I guess you must think of that as being a kind of theft

have a nice day

11ak8km.jpg

dosn't this stuff make you laugh ... just a bit ?

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

Is this your opinion of other players ?

-snip-

What you don't get is that I never said any of those things, you did. 

I don't even play on my server, I am on experimental most of the time, I provide a HC server for those who want to play on a night server.  I pay for it out of my own pocket, I have no clan supporting me, I don't ask for donations.  You don't like that, then please don't come on it.  This isn't a democratic server, you don't get a vote.

Maybe I should just go ahead and shut it down since you seem to think you can tell me how to manage my server. 

RIP Aloha is for Tourists and all 2 players(hoppers).  lol

Check the server stats.

Regarding server hoppers... So I got dumped by a server restart... Things take a while... I got tired of waiting.

I am relatively new so how long does it take to get back on? It seems like forever.

Edited by Zombie Milkman

..//..

Maybe I should just go ahead and shut it down since you seem to think you can tell me how to manage my server. 

.. sigh..

[ forget it dude, dried mouse droppings are more interesting ]

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

Regarding server hoppers... So I got dumped by a server restart... Things take a while... I got tired of waiting.

I am relatively new so how long does it take to get back on? It seems like forever.

You can wait for up to 90 seconds max if you leave a server and try to log on again straight away (same server or another server)

There is a countdown timer on screen while you are waiting

This delay is to prevent  'ghosting'

If you have to wait a long time to log in, and there is NOT a countdown timer on your screen, then you have some other problem

Sometimes you can get a "please wait" message, and wait for a long time (or forever) without being logged in.

Best try another server.

xx

Totally reasonable. Really. Totally reasonable