General Zod

Make server restart warning compulsory

Server restart warning  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Should every server warn players 5 minutes before restart ?

Moved to General because pressure needs to be put on Server Admins that have the tools but do not use them and GSP providers that do not provide the tools.

^

The reason for this poll.

Do not derail, it is about the majority of players who just want to jump in for a couple of hours without getting caught in a bad position with their pants down because of a lack of basics.

The Devs do listen btw  and some Forum members have voted against (no), this is their right, do not flame them.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I am done here, they only tolerate group think in this thread. I tried to be nice and give an answer for the no vote. Then get quoted out of context and trolled. See you. Enjoy your game.

• Like 1

I tried to be nice and give an answer for the no vote. Then get quoted out of context and trolled.

..//..

I apologise if I was offensive Barnabus. I felt that I was answering like with like.

However.. sorry about that.

Without entering the question of who pays for what rights/obligations, server administration, clubs, private/public, hoppers.. etc :

Beck's idea is: If you are an admin, and you push the restart button.. there is an automatic message put out in the game "5 min to restart" and there is a 5 minute countdown for you, the admin, and then the restart.

This has nothing to do with admin rights at all .. it only really affects the players who are caught out by abrupt unscheduled restarts.

An auto-message would save bad feeling and argument, as seen on these forums, where the worst and most childish admins are giving admins in general a bad name (few of the posts are about club servers, they are mainly about "admin shot us/we shot him/he reset" . If a timer was built in, no choice, then there could not be controversy about restart use.

And for admins who use the regular scheduled restarts, it would have no effect at all.. just a warning message as a small politeness to your users whoever they are (this is pretty standard with any software). It's not always easy to track the exact time when you are in-game and excited, and different servers can be a minute or so either side of the time-line, as we know.

If you disagree.. then .. you disagree. No offence (+ non taken).

enjoy

Edited by pilgrim