Irish.

Why you don't need to server hop to get geared.. ever.

I will never understand why people make these posts to more or less sway others in their style of gameplay. if they want to hop let them hop if they dont, then they dont. People KNOW they dont have to hop they choose to because its faster. I could of got all your gear you got in 15 min or less by hopping vs 2-3 hrs of running place to place. For those who just want to pvp asap and dont care about the whole survival aspect of the game this is ideal for them to get them pvping again quicker.

You may not agree or understand or accept it, but it will and has happened all the same and will continue to. The bottom line is until they add in respawning loot vs server restart loot respawns hopping is going to happen. It may happen even after respawning loot who knows. The bottom line is they know they can run for 2-3 hrs and gear but choose not to and its our job to respect their playstyle even if we don't agree with it (which im fine with it tbh).

There is also the other factor some people don't have 2-3 hrs to run around aimlessly looting hoping to run into someone. They may log on and only have half an hr or so and want to gear asap to go pvp with friends etc. This is the nature of the game in that you can play it anyway you choose.

RESPECT THAT! I'm tired of seeing posts from people saying you guys don't have to do this you should play my way etc because thats the proper way to play. And while you didnt say that directly it seems implied from my point of view....

Play your game your way and I will play it mine cheers!

• Like 1

...snip...

This was on 2 servers 

...snip...

Just Say No to Server Hopping. 

erm....    :huh:

:D

I will never understand why people make these posts to more or less sway others in their style of gameplay. if they want to hop let them hop if they dont, then they dont. People KNOW they dont have to hop they choose to because its faster. I could of got all your gear you got in 15 min or less by hopping vs 2-3 hrs of running place to place. For those who just want to pvp asap and dont care about the whole survival aspect of the game this is ideal for them to get them pvping again quicker.

You may not agree or understand or accept it, but it will and has happened all the same and will continue to. The bottom line is until they add in respawning loot vs server restart loot respawns hopping is going to happen. It may happen even after respawning loot who knows. The bottom line is they know they can run for 2-3 hrs and gear but choose not to and its our job to respect their playstyle even if we don't agree with it (which im fine with it tbh).

There is also the other factor some people don't have 2-3 hrs to run around aimlessly looting hoping to run into someone. They may log on and only have half an hr or so and want to gear asap to go pvp with friends etc. This is the nature of the game in that you can play it anyway you choose.

RESPECT THAT! I'm tired of seeing posts from people saying you guys don't have to do this you should play my way etc because thats the proper way to play. And while you didnt say that directly it seems implied from my point of view....

It's not a play style, it's an exploit. I, for one, hope they start wiping gear within x meters when a player logs in. Anything that discourages server hopping, or renders it useless is a good thing to me.

• Like 2

Basically devs saying server hopping is part of the game. They never can prevent server hopping cause dean dont like solutions. This game turning to total bulls..t. No need to be talented to play this game. All you need is only one luck. Who stupid to run all whole day for loot items instead of get items in some hour(sometimes less than 30min depends on your luck). Server hopping making me hate this game. They talking all realsitic shit... oh akm should be very raree ohh this rare that rare. But can you f*cking do server hopping in real life to get weapon or any items ? They already killing realism from start and still talking about realism.

But I don't want server hopping to stop, how else will I gear up ? Because when someone swaps server and gets the 99 seconds cooldown his character is already in the game which means I can kill him and take his stuff, before he fully spawns and all he sees is "you are dead" message

Day_Z_05_07_2014_10_31_07_990.jpg

Just like this fella. He gave me a lot of good gear. 

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 2

I don't have to server hop, but I want to because I can and it's easier to get geared.

Only a moron still logs out exactly where they want to loot.

#dispersion

pretty sure thats not the case, iv been in an area and seen loot vanish before my eyes (mainly at airfield barracks) only to see a guy spawn in the same barracks im in (either a really stupid log out, or someone combat logging etc) but it definitely cleaned the loot i could see as well, as they did this to prevent people from group loot farming as well. all they need to do is have loot on fixed time loot spawns, with buildings flagged as "spawned" every time they spawn anything, and i think to make it nice and hard, buildings that spawn should not respawn anything for at least half an hour if not more. preferbly more as i can easily loot loop in a place like elektro or the nwaf over a half hour so it takes away from the whole idea of rare loot spawn in general. im almost fine with  it how it is tbh with a single spawn per restart. just means you rely a lot more on luck as to whether someones looted where you are going through

No, that was a minority of server hosts that made their servers that way.. the majority of them were exactly as I described. The good ones at least. I never played on those funky servers.. ever. 

gas ring on the hotbar = mind blown tbf.

You would be surprised what setting down a light in a firefight at night, quickly, can do to keep you alive.. ;) 

I will never understand why people make these posts to more or less sway others in their style of gameplay. if they want to hop let them hop if they dont, then they dont. 

I will never understand why people feel the need to respond like this and for some reason cannot respect others opinions and views. Especially when it comes down to exploiting the game, and as you so eloquently put it.. assuming your entire premise to begin with.  <_<

erm....    :huh:

:D

I quite literally stated it was on 2 separate occasions.. one at night and the next in the morning. That is not server hopping and its not even funny to try to make it a joke because I clearly stated the facts the you had to ignore to make that joke.. it would have been hilarious though if I was unclear to begin with.  ;) So kudos for trying! 

I don't have to server hop, but I want to because I can and it's easier to get geared.

Only a moron still logs out exactly where they want to loot.

#dispersion

Thats nice. Welcome to Ban Camp! :)

No, that was a minority of server hosts that made their servers that way.. the majority of them were exactly as I described. The good ones at least. I never played on those funky servers.. ever. 

You would be surprised what setting down a light in a firefight at night, quickly, can do to keep you alive.. ;)

I will never understand why people feel the need to respond like this and for some reason cannot respect others opinions and views. Especially when it comes down to exploiting the game, and as you so eloquently put it.. assuming your entire premise to begin with.  <_<

I quite literally stated it was on 2 separate occasions.. one at night and the next in the morning. That is not server hopping and its not even funny to try to make it a joke because I clearly stated the facts the you had to ignore to make that joke.. it would have been hilarious though if I was unclear to begin with.   ;) So kudos for trying! 

Thats nice. Welcome to Ban Camp! :)

band camp*

Server hopping is about to become core mechanic for playing the game if they keep it up. It wont be a matter of just saying no anymore if developers keep going they way they want to with it.

I have been on the same server for over a month.

Found plenty of long guns, No AK yet but I've dropped 2 M4's in the woods since .46 and will do the same to any Mikhails when I find them.

I pack a 1911 with  2 mags when I find a Longhorn I'll drop the 9mm, a Magnum, splitting axe, machete, combat knife, 3 canteens, pre-update Bi-nocs(found another pair in jailcell today so confirmed on stable), sticks, rope, medicals, matches and assorted food.

I have no need to 1337gearhop.

That's just so dumb LOL. Dropping gear so other don't get it just because a serverhopper *might* find it? LOL. ok.

Server hopping is not only bad for the game, bad for PVP, bad for KOS, and bad for the community... But it's also just a sign of BAD play and it's BAD for your health. If you log in at NWAF (or where-ever), you have NO idea who is also there.. I can't tell you how many times I've killed server hoppers who just logged in and started running directly to a high risk area without any concern for their safety JUST because there were only 2-3 other people on the server. They then die, and ALL that time and effort collecting all that precious gear is gone in an instant.. Which of course could happen to anyone who's running a loot route, but if I am running a loot route from Balota to NWAF, *I* know what's already been hit and what hasn't and that usually gives me an idea of whether or not I might run into someone.. I also see who's been on the server before me and who logged in after me so I know what I have to watch out for.

The SAFEST way to loot is to loot on the same server from start to restart.

SERVER HOPPING CAN BE PREVENTED ALONG WITH "GHOSTING" IF SOME MINDS IN THIS FORUM WOULD HAVE AGREED ON ADDING A SOUNDS WHILE LOGGING IN! THAT CAN BE HEARED WITHIN 20-30 METRES

...But people don't understand...so go on this way!

Edited by GunnyITA

SERVER HOPPING CAN BE PREVENTED ALONG WITH "GHOSTING" IF SOME MINDS IN THIS FORUM WOULD HAVE AGREED ON ADDING A SOUNDS WHILE LOGGING IN! THAT CAN BE HEARED WITHIN 20-30 METRES

Or totally prevented if it was one character per server.  :rolleyes:

That was a bug that the devs removed Gunny.. it was not a consensus thing. 

You people calling server hopping an exploit are so misinformed its sad. You realize dean hall server hops right? If this was an exploit it would be punishable by the creators yet it's not. Google the definition of an exploit. Hiding in the walls at NEAF base THAT is an exploit. Changing servers to find better gear than you have in the hopes it hasn't been looted yet isn't.

Im so sick of you carebears crying when someone doesn't play YOUR WAY. You are most likely the same ones crying that KOS'ers are destroying this game and that pvp is WRONG.  I hope you get your private servers soon so you can spend 2 weeks looting and killing zombies and live in your PVE world and leave the game to the people who actually matter and are worth the attention. I wouldn't be surpised if the ones complaining are the ones who are the worst at the game and endlessly die all day every day to everyone.

So sad...

• Like 1

So sad...

3313z3a.gif

• Like 1

That was a bug that the devs removed Gunny.. it was not a consensus thing. 

I know about that, but replace it with a login sound will also prevent server hopping and ghostin! Because if someone is so idiot to log in inside a barrack or a police station, it deserve to die!

You people calling server hopping an exploit are so misinformed its sad. You realize dean hall server hops right? If this was an exploit it would be punishable by the creators yet it's not. Google the definition of an exploit. Hiding in the walls at NEAF base THAT is an exploit. Changing servers to find better gear than you have in the hopes it hasn't been looted yet isn't.

Im so sick of you carebears crying when someone doesn't play YOUR WAY. You are most likely the same ones crying that KOS'ers are destroying this game and that pvp is WRONG.  I hope you get your private servers soon so you can spend 2 weeks looting and killing zombies and live in your PVE world and leave the game to the people who actually matter and are worth the attention. I wouldn't be surpised if the ones complaining are the ones who are the worst at the game and endlessly die all day every day to everyone.

So sad...

:beans:  :beans:  :thumbsup:  :)

So sad...

Let's look at the facts:

You have 25 posts and talk shit about carebears and how bad they are at PVP...

I have >1000 posts, >500 hours in SA, over 1 year playing the Mod, and a youtube channel showing me PVP.

Server hopping is for baddies. The fact that you defend server hopping means you're a baddie. Go back to Call of Duty if you want instant gratification. 

• Like 2

Sadly I can't envision good solution except having separate character per each server, which is something Rocket does not want.

I was musing about having "no log out" zones around military spawns, but that would only make hopping slightly more annoying, but not prevent it.

You could save character positions per server and not globally.

Or you could just add respawning loot. Problem (mostly) solved..

You people calling server hopping an exploit are so misinformed its sad. You realize dean hall server hops right? If this was an exploit it would be punishable by the creators yet it's not. 

This is where you are wrong... HE WAS BANNED ZOMG#$^#

SbBMGbN.jpg

• Like 1

That's just so dumb LOL. Dropping gear so other don't get it just because a serverhopper *might* find it? LOL. ok.

I never said I drop gear to prevent hoppers from looting it.

I drop gear to prevent anyone from looting it.

Valid RL strategy.

You wouldn't leave a weapons cache for insurgents to loot, would you?

This is where you are wrong... HE WAS BANNED ZOMG#$^#

SbBMGbN.jpg

That just made me almost die (choked on food) at a July 4th party, you ass!   :D

• Like 1