Irish.

Why you don't need to server hop to get geared.. ever.

The title explains the topic pretty well..

..if the purpose of server hopping is to find that one item, than I can't really come up with too valid of an argument other than you should not exploit the game.. but thats another story. 

I'd like to point out that if the goal is to gear up, and get yourself ready for battle or survival you never need to server hop to do it. Below is a picture of what I gained from walking the "path of the warrior" starting from my spawn in Berezino (which I did not loot a single item from as its a deathtrap in there). This was on 2 servers total, 1 last night and 1 this morning. I played for a total of 2 hours making my way from Berezino through Elektro and Cherno to Balota, Pavlova Military Base and am currently at Green Mountain. Ive got all pristine gear, I mean like all pristine. I have a full kitted FNX, and everything needed to kit out an AKM sans magazines if I should find one. Im geared in everyway needed to save others, eat and survive and engage in battle. This was on full experimental servers, or near full.. So just go out and play, keep your head up so you dont get shot and just let others pass unless you really need to engage them while your on your path. Good luck and remember,

Just Say No to Server Hopping. 

Day_Z_2014_07_04_14_41_54_292.jpg

Edited by lrish
  • Like 22

Yeah but people are still gonna do it because they want the easy way out. Also, there's more people than ever doing it because loot only spawns after restarts which is retarded.

• Like 2

Yeah but people are still gonna do it because they want the easy way out. Also, there's more people than ever doing it because loot only spawns after restarts which is retarded.

Sometimes it's not that easy,if you server hop and spawn near another player he will most likely kill you,if you have some gear,so....

EDIT: And if they add this manual loot controle system,there will be more server hoppers than bunnies on the map.

Edited by Miki Grom
  • Like 1

I think they should make fixing the loot respawn without a server restart top priority....

90% of server hopping will go away. People would rather just camp a certain area and check the loot ever 15 mins or so...

• Like 1

I honestly don't see why they dont take the mods approach to server hopping.

If you server hop or spawn near loot the loot disappears before you can grab it. So all loot near a players log in location is gone.

• Like 2

As long as gear continues to spawn in a predictable manner, server hoppers will always be there. The only way to stop it is to make actually playing the game the more efficient way of gearing up. Everything must be able to spawn anywhere.

But then there will still be reverse server hopping, which is what I call people who server hop to find action and get kills. Just as dirty in my opinion.

I think that it was in mod where if noone was in certain area loot would respawn every 5-10 mins,if it's looted...

uh oh..someone dident get the memo...

ah well...

Everything must be able to spawn anywhere.

#

NEIN...

real respawn isent in yet..henche ...loot respawn upon serverrestart...thus..applied facepalm as above..

OP is right..it is far more challenging to go down the looted areas and not just..hop. I like to go out and see if i can live off scraps and or the lucky "roadkill" that a observant survivour can find during travels...

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 1

Below is a picture of what I gained from walking the "path of the warrior" starting from my spawn in Berezino (which I did not loot a single item from as its a deathtrap in there). 

You were obviously lucky, that server hoppers did not clean Balota or Pavlova base before you.

Ofc I agree, that server hopping is plauge that harms the game, since it also disrupts natural flow of players through the map.

Player arrives to Balota, he finds it empty, instead of heading to Pavlova or Zeleno, he server hops X times to get unlooted Balota.

There is so much wrong with this philosophy.

Sadly I can't envision good solution except having separate character per each server, which is something Rocket does not want.

I was musing about having "no log out" zones around military spawns, but that would only make hopping slightly more annoying, but not prevent it.

Btw I just played SA for 3 hours straight. I met only 1 person in Elektro firestation and that's it. Server had over 30 players and I met only friggin one on my journey from Gorka, Dolina, Staroye, Elektro, Cherno and Balota O_o.

Edited by Hombre

I can't find the Fun aspect in Hopping either....? :huh:  I mean the Time i spend to run to a high loot position and start hopping till kittet is how mutch faster then 1.5 houres exactly? :rolleyes:

You were obviously lucky, that server hoppers did not clean Balota or Pavlova base before you.

Im sure most will look at it like that but I repeat this scenario over and over again.. when things are looted there is often still places people miss altogether especially with military bases and even when all places are hit there is always loot left behind. Like Balota was looted, but the tent city had a ton of stuff in it. Pavlova was looted but only 3 of the 4 barracks and nothing else. Zeleno, only the Police Station and I let him pass me to go check the barracks I had just looted ;).. 

So yeah, luck can play its part in it.. but for what Ive found the only items that were rare are the highcap vest and binoculars.. the rest spawns all over. So its not hard is my real point.  B)

Edited by lrish
  • Like 2

Stuff and things.

I gave you beans Irish old boy, but the reason people server hop is to kit themselves in twenty minutes, not two hours. I play similarly to you; I pick a route (sometimes the Path of the Warrior) and end up fully geared at the tail end of a couple of hours with the satisfaction of knowing in the back of my mind that I attained said gear without exploiting.

Cheers.

• Like 2

I gave you beans Irish old boy, but the reason people server hop is to kit themselves in twenty minutes, not two hours. I play similarly to you; I pick a route (sometimes the Path of the Warrior) and end up fully geared at the tail end of a couple of hours with the satisfaction of knowing in the back of my mind that I attained said gear without exploiting.

What saddens me, that when I take the same route, I seldom find other players, thus there is so few interaction.

I wish them people leaved damned Berezino and headed west to explore more.

I wonder if our hopes are in private hives with unique character on each server.

Time will tell.

• Like 3

What saddens me, that when I take the same route, I seldom find other players, thus there is so few interaction.

I wish them people leaved damned Berezino and headed west to explore more.

I wonder if our hopes are in private hives with unique character on each server.

Time will tell.

biggest difference between this and the mod that I currently do not like.. almost no interaction along the entire path of the warrior.. Ive had maybe 2-3 encounters in the past month. :/

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

I don't server hop, the only time I change server whilst playing is if my buddies jump in on another server and then I'll just stay there. I think that interaction on this size of map with the low amount of players per server will always be an issue. I've gone days without coming across anyone and as per usual its luck of the draw on the encounter friendly or bandit.

Edited by Legio23
  • Like 1

I wonder if something like this could ever work out:

Network/server is divided into "bubbles" or areas as i understand it.

So when a player logs out, he's location is stored in the hive ofc.
When the player logs on a different server, he has no loot/can't pick up loot in that current "bubble" he now resides in and must travel to a next bubble for there to be loot.
This could be limited client side for not putting added stress to server end.
It could be a diameter aswell, say 1.5km. Big enough to really discourage hopping through major loot areas.
This would encourage people to log out away from any hotspots (=loot) and seek a safe place to log out in.
If player continues on the same server, everything would ofc work as usual.

Any ideas?

Edited by Intactus
  • Like 2

I wonder if something like this could ever work out:

Network/server is divided into "bubbles" or areas as i understand it.

So when a player logs out, he's location is stored in the hive ofc.

When the player logs on a different server, he has no loot/can't pick up loot in that current "bubble" he now resides in and must travel to a next bubble for there to be loot.

This could be limited client side for not putting added stress to server end.

It could be a diameter aswell, say 1.5km. Big enough to really discourage hopping through major loot areas.

This would encourage people to log out away from any hotspots (=loot) and seek a safe place to log out in.

If player continues on the same server, everything would ofc work as usual.

Any ideas?

This was how many versions of the DayZ mod ended up with loot spawns.. not all or most, but many of them. Only thing was it was a much smaller bubble than you discuss, and I really think your idea for servers with a connected hive is really good and may actually fix things. If it was at a minumum 1km radius than anyone who server hopped would have to run a good distance to do anything, this would help with hoppers but not punish those following friends and the like too much. You would just know that ok, if I follow you I wont be able to loot in this area and will have to move on in the next server.. no biggie, but huge for hoppers. 

:)

if loot is to spawn always server side, i dont  think its so easy to make loot dissappear around a hopping player. i also think it would have repurcussions, say your in the mil tents at nwaf, balota or otherwise and a hopper comes in, if this was to work, it would clear the loot you would be trying to get as well as for him, this just will not work with the current on server loot spawns. at least i dont think

I agree. Gear is always left behind...like right now police stations and barracks are the targets of hoppers...

Also larger full servers generally have 0 hoppers cause they want empty servers for safety...The NWAF is more dangerous with 3-5 online then 40. I have on several occasions stalked 2-3 players at NWAF out of 5 total online. You can even tell just by how long they stay on normally.

I would say low pop servers at night you have a 75-80% chance that all players are in a military area.  Factor in whatr is new in the patch...AKM, High Cap vest, MP5-Ks and you can narrow down what they will focus on.

I like to run routes from NWAF-Vybor base-Starry-Gorka-Kranstov (by NEAF but never NEAF)-Svelto and back myself. I feel i avoid the pvp areas on high pop servers and i have a chance to find some good gear.

When approaching previously looted areas you just have to ask what you are there for. MP5K, High Cap vest, AKM? Then if the barracks are looted I gurantee you those items are likely not there, but other gear most likely left behind. Tents are always great cause people miss a lot of things in them.

This was how many versions of the DayZ mod ended up with loot spawns..

Oh, i didn't even know that. But wasn't all (nearly all) modded server private hive anyway bar for a few communities that had a few of their own servers on connected hive?

I started the mod on private hive and after first hour watching Stary tents on public hive, i went back to private and never looked back.

You are banging your head against the wall Irish, but i like your style.

• Like 2

if loot is to spawn always server side, i dont  think its so easy to make loot dissappear around a hopping player. i also think it would have repurcussions, say your in the mil tents at nwaf, balota or otherwise and a hopper comes in, if this was to work, it would clear the loot you would be trying to get as well as for him, this just will not work with the current on server loot spawns. at least i dont think

I don't think it would be an issue since loot could be cleaned client side, not affectin anyone else or the server itself for that matter.

Server just upon connecting informs client the area where loot is denied for that particular client and that's it.

Spawning shit client client side might bring some issues (DayzMod anyone?) but despawning, i don't think so. =)

Edited by Intactus
  • Like 1