SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.47 Discussion

They'll still need to restart servers, but maybe now we wont see half hour restart servers, more than likely we'll still have the 4 hour restarts for performance issues.

OK, seriously, wtf just happened????  So I log in and my ruck with MP5, my shoulder holster with .357 and my boots are gone..  MY BOOTS ARE GONE!!!!  I still have my SKS, my axe, my pants (there is stuff missing from my pants too but not my shirt), shirt and ballistic helmet.

0576.DrHax.jpg

(Had a better image but the forums didn't allow me to place it)

Edited by basinox

On the exp build, did they finally place some zed spawns in Hobo? I've only been down there once so far and didn't notice any, but I did see one down there once from overwatch on one of the cliffsides. Did someone manage to get it to follow them all the way there or did it spawn there(west side of town, near police station)? 

• Like 1

I think they are getting a bit to greedy this update in matter of content. Its better if the go: fix big glitches/last weapon - release to stable - add Persistant/respawn

Because navmesh+Ragdolls is already one hell of a big update

Well, I want to give my returns about what i've seens with the expe : 

-Got killed in "please wait" by a guy with a axe, just heard the noise of the axe. Well it happened in a forest so I think this guy was lucky and I spawned in his feet or was cheating the hell. 

-Cant hit... Maybe its 'cause my arm was in pain, but sometimes I suddenly bcome unable to fire/hit with my weapon until I reload on an other serv

-Z hitted me really hard on long rage distance or when I was one or two floor above them

-Z  keep aggroing you during a very long time.. sometimes I saw them runing after me even then I'm far, far away

-Sometimes I take magic damage from nowhere and the stuff is randomly hit to ruined

-Z insta-ruin stuff, is it normal? 

-It can be really hard to change weapon, sometimes I need to press 10 times 1 or 2 for getting my Axe or my SKS, I've restored to defaut the movement settings but the prb still exist

-Z pass through doors sometimes, look like it happens when you close the door too close of them, cause after several try, they were not able to do it again if the door was locked far before they reach it

• Like 2

Has anyone noticed that zombies never lose aggro? Is this a problem on stable as well? You should be able to lose them by breaking line of sight, but every zombie I encounter chases me pretty much forever, through multiple buildings and around fences, even if I'm crouching or prone.

Its even worse than you describe... at least in towns like Zelenogorsk (west and east of the town), because the (unlimited?) respawned Zombies STILL KNOWS where you are, even if they respawned a half mile away, even if you killed the zombies hidden in bushes with axe (of course silently and 100% not visible for the respawning Zombies)... This is the biggest bullshit I ever noticed after playing over 2k hours Dayz Mod + Dayz SA in total. The Zombie Aggro System is so broken and it get worse and worse with every patch. 

• Like 1

Its even worse than you describe... at least in towns like Zelenogorsk (west and east of the town), because the (unlimited?) respawned Zombies STILL KNOWS where you are, even if they respawned a half mile away, even if you killed the zombies hidden in bushes with axe (of course silently and 100% not visible for the respawning Zombies)... This is the biggest bullshit I ever noticed after playing over 2k hours Dayz Mod + Dayz SA in total. The Zombie Aggro System is so broken and it get worse and worse with every patch. 

Fighting zombies around Mountain area (Zelonogorsk, Pogorevka, Rogovo etc) is futile. They will keep respawning after you for for 2 kilometers until you leave the zone.

Yes Frosti and its a pitty because i like to sneak around and kill zombies stealthy but atm you dont get reward for this style of playing. Meanwhile I shoot down every zed in towns as soon as I have a gun. My axe just remains in the backpack...

Btw: If someone care, I found 36 rounds .45 ACP (bulk) at once in a police car 15 mins ago in 0.47, but of course not as package of 25. 

Edited by Sharplooter
  • Like 1

Hi,

So today I occasionally would not be able to interact with the environment on experimental. Basically just like when the "no message received " notice is up while you are on regular I would not be able to open doors or pick up items or inspect gear...my ping was less than 50 and I was on a low ping server

This issue turned out to be the end of me as on one occasion that happened and next thing I know when I can open the door I shut behind me I have been shot and am dead :( 

Anyone else notice this issue?

I haven't seen any either, hmm I guess they haven't.

Ya, haven't seen any since the one. Props to the guy that went through the trouble of getting one to follow him that deep into Hobo.

I've had the bastards chase up the stairs of an industrial building there.  I really hate they figured out stairs..  Cerny didn't have zeds for quite awhile, Hobo is gonna be a deathttap when they put them in there, them damn hoppers are viscous little cock suckers.

Edited by Barnabus

Well, I want to give my returns about what i've seens with the expe : 

-Got killed in "please wait" by a guy with a axe, just heard the noise of the axe. Well it happened in a forest so I think this guy was lucky and I spawned in his feet or was cheating the hell. 

-Cant hit... Maybe its 'cause my arm was in pain, but sometimes I suddenly bcome unable to fire/hit with my weapon until I reload on an other serv

-Z hitted me really hard on long rage distance or when I was one or two floor above them

-Z  keep aggroing you during a very long time.. sometimes I saw them runing after me even then I'm far, far away

-Sometimes I take magic damage from nowhere and the stuff is randomly hit to ruined

-Z insta-ruin stuff, is it normal? 

-It can be really hard to change weapon, sometimes I need to press 10 times 1 or 2 for getting my Axe or my SKS, I've restored to defaut the movement settings but the prb still exist

-Z pass through doors sometimes, look like it happens when you close the door too close of them, cause after several try, they were not able to do it again if the door was locked far before they reach it

Please report this stuff on the bug tracker too, the more we get on there the more they fix

Has anyone seen a long horn pistol in a while btw? I've never found one or seen one in game , do they still exist ?

Ya, found one within 10 min of playing around on reg instead of hardcore...it was the first one I ever found too. So I went out and started testing it out. Shot a guy running at NEAF from about 200m out, but I think there is a good bit of bullet drop compared to the mosin which doesn't make sense to me. Need to find some zombies or animals in a field to test it out some more. Either way it is pretty cool, and once I get some practice in I think it will be a great side arm for someone with an automatic for their main weapon. You have your automatic for close to mid range and then the longhorn for mid-long range.

Topics merged.

If you wish to talk Exp, this is the place, we don't need a Topic for each and every Z or Tweet.

Often (not always) last weeks Tweet is todays Exp and things change more often than most of you realise.

Hopefully they will  have servers on 12 or even 24 hour restarts from now on :)

Or never so badmins cant rewind time

I've had the bastards chase up the stairs of an industrial building there.  I really hate they figured out stairs..  Cerny didn't have zeds for quite awhile, Hobo is gonna be a deathttap when they put them in there, them damn hoppers are viscous little cock suckers.

I had an army of hoppers down at balota, 3 at the start, but they just kept coming, probably woke up every loot thirsty bandit from Cherno to Zleno with my Ak-101

Please report this stuff on the bug tracker too, the more we get on there the more they fix

Where can I do this? 

PS : reported you by mistake, sorry -_-, doing many things at the same times.. 

Yesterday I met two hoppers in novo. bad luck for them. :)
Died anyway, because my buddy and I attracted two other guys and got shot. At least one of them died