SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.47 Discussion

I've found plenty of weapons but no ammo which pissed me off. I found 2 SKS's and a Mosin in a police station and another SKS in a house next to it in Novy Sobor.

They really should make weapons spawn with ammo in them.

Edited by raynor009

Welcome to the world of gaming development, I'll tell you what, first your comparison is plain stupid, games are not designed to save lifes or killing people, we are not taking that kind of risks by playing games, maybe you could die of a heart attack if you're playing in a middle of a gunfight high on energy drinks and colombia's finest, but that's it, generally speaking, games tends not to kill people nor saving their lifes, games are entertainment. Second, we give a damn about what the 5th best middle sized ranking company in your country does, it is absolutely irrelevant. Third, go play Battlefield 4, a game released on October 2013 and that piece of crap is yet to be fixed 'cause it was released a year before it should, here we are testing before launch, way before launch, when this development is finished, it is going to be one of the better tested ones in history of videogames, they have 2 millions of angry motherfuckers ready to jump at the devs throat with every single fail.

If you can't deal with how things are done, stop whinning like an old woman and go play something else.

The comparison is perfect for it's purpose, and that purpose only. Since you are so eager to take it out of propotion here is a explanation for dense people like you: It compares the possibility of what progress can be achieved in what time in relation to the quality of the outcome. For this comparison my example is perfectly fine and valid. If you want to get shit forced down your throat be my guest.

I already stopped playing the game and giving a example where the development was even worse then in dayz like battlefield 4 is a convincing argument how? It's always possible to do something worse, I gave a example where it was done better. And my example is even more remarkable because, like you already said, it was way fucking more important than a fucking game. Can't say I'm sorry if this displeases someone who obviously enjoys getting ridiculed. People like you who probably never get anything done always love to make excuses for themselves or even others and failing to deliver what should be in foucs: results or at least constructive criticism instead of attempted personal attacks and rants.

The comparison is perfect for it's purpose, and that purpose only. Since you are so eager to take it out of propotion here is a explanation for dense people like you: It compares the possibility of what progress can be achieved in what time in relation to the quality of the outcome. For this comparison my example is perfectly fine and valid. If you want to get shit forced down your throat be my guest.

I already stopped playing the game and giving a example where the development was even worse then in dayz like battlefield 4 is a convincing argument how? It's always possible to do something worse, I gave a example where it was done better. And my example is even more remarkable because, like you already said, it was way fucking more important than a fucking game. Can't say I'm sorry if this displeases someone who obviously enjoys getting ridiculed. People like you who probably never get anything done always love to make excuses for themselves or even others and failing to deliver what should be in foucs: results or at least constructive criticism instead of attempted personal attacks and rants.

g13371304382124686.jpg

I already stopped playing the game and giving a example where the development was even worse then in dayz like battlefield 4 is a convincing argument how? It's always possible to do something worse, I gave a example where it was done better. And my example is even more remarkable because, like you already said, it was way fucking more important than a fucking game. Can't say I'm sorry if this displeases someone who obviously enjoys getting ridiculed. People like you who probably never get anything done always love to make excuses for themselves or even others and failing to deliver what should be in foucs: results or at least constructive criticism instead of attempted personal attacks and rant. 

There's no need to get offensive, you know? Theres a special section for your complaints about how shitty you think DayZ is. Go there. http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/6794-i-give-up-this-game-is-bull-i-want-my-money-back/

logs into a full server and sees a dead player. takes the usable gears A full mosin with ammo a few hand grenades and food enough to me.

Man you're living in the clouds, the example is bullshit, the software company that you mention doesn't develop videogames, can you understand that developing medical software and videogames are very different things? Also, I'm quite sure that the company that you work for, pays a little bit more than 23,99 € for their medical software, do you know how fucking big is the bill of proffesional software? Are you fucking aware that you are comparing a 23,99 € piece of entertainment with professional software that cost thousands of euros? You're the one ridiculing himself, you're the one who is full of bullshit, now go back to your fucking cave before dawn.

a few hand grenades

On experimental? They only spawn at heli crash sites, and those are not in-game for now. There's also been a wipe last Friday so if they had them from previous experimental character, they would have been wiped. This is strange.

Honestly right now on experimental I love it... Since restarts are every 10 hours, loot is a bit more scarce, but you can still manage to find everything you need, you just have to move around more.

I've got a hunter and a fisherman with plenty of food and basic survival supplies. I really enjoy living of the wild.

Anyway on a last note, yes, there's currently more KoS on experimental, even when you're alone with only another player on the server. It feels like a single player game. AI never talk before shooting at you. Remember Stalker, or any other open world game like this with hostile armed AI. Anyway, to each his own!

Keep it up!

You know, survival is supposed to include 'getting desperate', and starving.

These 12 hour restarts made loot very hard to find, and by decreasing loot, people start interacting because they are low on food/drink.

For the first time, I have felt that DayZ was a truly harcore survival game.

Sure, if you consider killing you for your gear as "interacting".  If you make loot too difficult to find it will only promote banditry because it will become more efficient to kill other and take their gear than searching for yourself.  Not to mention once people do get good loot, they will be less likely to want to risk it by interacting with complete strangers due to the risk of running into a bandit or just going KOS because they have gun.   The current reset timer is bad but trust me, it can get worse...

You guys just assume that by making gear rare it means it will make things more passive, I seriously doubt that is going to be the case.

• Like 1

Yeah ever since the servers have been taking awhile to restart iv just been avoiding people to save my rare gear i was lucky enough to get fully geared in a fresh server before hoppers got to it unless they add respawning gear or lessen the restart time im just gunna lay low for awhile.

• Like 1

Has anyone found .45 ammo on experimental since the update?  I mean loose rounds or boxed.  I can only find it in mags for the 1911 now.  I have one mag for my FNX and have not been able to find any of those either.

• Like 1

I couldnt take it and quit at page 20 or so. Forgive me if it has been mentioned before...

Stuff I have found that is broken:

Rain - I do not get wet, damp or soaked. 

Crawler/Hopping zombies - I kill one, hide body, near immediate respawn. Kill him, hide body, turn around and respawned. I will try to make a video. 

Have not found any rope since I started playing .47. Just curious if anyone else has? I wanted to play the real survivor and make a bow and improvised backpack and live off the land!

Edited by Li0n

Have not found any rope since I started playing .47. Just curious if anyone else has? I wanted to play the real survivor and make a bow and improvised backpack and live off the land!

I thought rope didn't spawn in this experimental version , but I just found some in that new industrial office building attached to the new garage/ fire station building in novodomitrovsk... And I've got some arrows can't wait to test out the now ..

Also if anyone has found mp5k mags where did you find them?! Just found my first mp5k this morning and searched all day but couldn't find mags for it :(.. Can't wait to find a grenade either cuz the throwing system is a LOT better than two patches ago and even last patch it seems.

I thought rope didn't spawn in this experimental version , but I just found some in that new industrial office building attached to the new garage/ fire station building in novodomitrovsk... And I've got some arrows can't wait to test out the now ..

Also if anyone has found mp5k mags where did you find them?! Just found my first mp5k this morning and searched all day but couldn't find mags for it :(.. Can't wait to find a grenade either cuz the throwing system is a LOT better than two patches ago and even last patch it seems.

I found two 15 rnd mags at the police station in Kamarovo, same server, within yards of each other, one was on a police car and one was on a desk inside the station. 

I believe grenades are out for now, there are no heli crashes right now..

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Bugs I have reported

LMB bug is back and is killing me, I log off and back in and it comes right back.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=14477

Heli Crash Sites not spawning

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=14488

.45 and 5.56 ammo is not spawning except in magazines, no loose or boxed found and I have been all over the map.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=14489

Hit boxes on zombies and zombies are immediately spawning on the point they are killed, kinda defeats the purpose of killing them if you ask me.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=14480

I updated this one about floored tents not spawning loot.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=14199

Today I found a 75 round drum 7.62 magazine but I have only found AK101's, have not seen an AKM in a long while, are they still spawning?  Anyone know?

My Makarov pistol got ruined..

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 4

On experimental? They only spawn at heli crash sites, and those are not in-game for now. There's also been a wipe last Friday so if they had them from previous experimental character, they would have been wiped. This is strange.

they didn't work so I guess they where hacked in or something. I dunno I just found he had them and I took them off the Zed fest corpse.

• Like 1

I have a bunch of akm clips and 1 drum mag but i have an ak 101 if someone has found an akm id love to trade i also have yet to find an ak 101 clip  <_< maybe im just not searching hard enough.

Edited by Dudester100

I've seen 2 AKMs since Friday. I've also seen 1 AK 101 mag. Still haven't seen an MP-5 ever. For the life of me, I also can't find a fishing hook. I've managed to find some rope for a fishing pole, but can't find the #%^*ing hook. Where have people been finding them on .47?

On a positive note, I'm having a blast surviving with the long server restarts. I've cooked up a deer, a boar, and a goat. Awesome stuff!

Hell I have yet to find an AKM/mag or an MP-5/mag but I haven't exactly been in pursuit of either. After searching for a rope for what felt like days, I finally found one. Then two more, which I promptly horded. After hunting for a frying pan for hours I realized you don't need one in order to cook meat. The struggle.

Edited by solodude23

The only MP 5 I had was one I found Thursday night, it was on the roof of a police car that had already been looted (trunk was open) then I found a 15 round mag, was gonna test fire it on Friday and bam, wiped.

I have found 2x AK101 mags and since I have an AK101 I am hanging on to them.  I found one at NWAF in a tent, again, it was already looted and at a jail on a top bunk.

is it just me does the AK101 seem silly?

A gun that spawns at places other than heli crash sites....whose ammo can only be found at heli crash sites.....when the AKM spawns in the same areas as the AK101 and uses a far more abundant ammo.

Logic dictates there is logic, and I'm all for logic.  However, I'm thinking there's more going on than we're aware of.  You are correct, spawn a weapon that requires a particular ammo type that from my experience with .47 is incredibly hard to locate.  I'm ok with that, just let it be known that if you buy a new toy that needs batteries and said batteries do not exist then one is going to be a bit disappointed.

Speaking of disappointments, I just took a swig of beer from a bottle from two days ago that I left on my desk. I think I'm going to need some charcoal tablets...

A gun that spawns at places other than heli crash sites....whose ammo can only be found at heli crash sites.....when the AKM spawns in the same areas as the AK101 and uses a far more abundant ammo.

Edited by Super_Duty

Anyone keep getting kicked and some generic message like "session failed" or something

Happens every 2 mins to me after my first hour on expiermental today. Makes 0 sense cause i am playing with a ping of around 50 on another low ping server & using very little bandwidth 

Well, not so silly since the wood floored tents were spawning 5.56 before they broke too.

I have found fishing lures, but no .45 or .556 ammo.  Found MP5 and one mag, AK101 and one mag, lots of mags for the AKM but no AKM.  Will we get a patch tonight?

Z