SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.47 Discussion

Wait, what? What's being released/Updated/Pushed?

WHY CANNOT I NOT PLAY DAYZ?!

Wait, what? What's being released/Updated/Pushed?

WHY CANNOT I NOT PLAY DAYZ?!

Persistent objects and loot respawn what I've heard

Nice news before the weekend.

I hope they'll not get the Friday attitude and rush the update... :)

Topics merged.

If you wish to talk Exp, this is the place, we don't need a Topic for each and every Z or Tweet.

Often (not always) last weeks Tweet is todays Exp and things change more often than most of you realise.

Tents confirmed?

Nothing confirmed.  No changelog yet...however:

Experimental update this weekend is aimed to have respawning loot, and basic persistence. Will be doing another on Mon/Tues.

Edited by iBane

Tents confirmed?

In my mind I'm going to forget that you added that question mark and go ahead and assume you just confirmed that tents are confirmed.

This is of course does mean I will continue to post celebratory memes on this post.

It also means if and when the patch does come to stable release and tents are not within that game, you and only you will be held responsibile.

But for now, moar memes!

dRfQtH3.gif

Nothing confirmed. No changelog yet.....

Change logs are never posted for experimental updates anymore, so let's hope one of the usual helpful people post all their findings in one post/ thread... Can't wait til this patch this is wait we've been waiting for all this time boys . Get the hooch , pizza and women ready .

• Like 1

I'm seeing a test server with server name being "THE BIG TEST" with a software version of 47.124631 with 2 players currently on it.

Edited by Super_Duty

I'm seeing a test server with server name being "THE BIG TEST" with a software version of 47.124631 with 2 players currently on it.

I'm genuinely excited.

Change logs are never posted for experimental updates anymore, so let's hope one of the usual helpful people post all their findings in one post/ thread... 

tumblr_inline_n99xvaqM5t1s7babi.gif

I can't believe that all loot (except those inside containers until next week) will be persistent. That is so much more than I ever expected to get anytime soon when persistence was due to be first implemented on the roadmap. Really, this seems such a huge change so if it is indeed without any performance issues I just can't wait to see how gameplay changes for some people and what interesting situations people come across or create with the mechanic.

At the very least I might actually find a note now, or might create one knowing it'll just...be there!

I can't believe that all loot (except those inside containers until next week) will be persistent. That is so much more than I ever expected to get anytime soon when persistence was due to be first implemented on the roadmap. Really, this seems such a huge change so if it is indeed without any performance issues I just can't wait to see how gameplay changes for some people and what interesting situations people come across or create with the mechanic.

At the very least I might actually find a note now, or might create one knowing it'll just...be there!

Where did you get this info from?

Where did you get this info from?

Reddit and Twitter. 

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2botaq/experimental_servers_going_down_update_incoming/

All items are saved , their position and state, if you throw down a shirt its still there after server restart, not only containers. However whats inside those containers does not save on the build that will be up today. That will change in few days. We worked hard to get it in today, but it will come soon enough.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2botaq/experimental_servers_going_down_update_incoming/cj7fm5a

this aint ganna go good for perfomance... its easy to overload a server by filling you inventory on one server and than dumping its content on another.

this aint ganna go good for perfomance... its easy to overload a server by filling you inventory on one server and than dumping its content on another.

That's why I find it unbelievable myself, but they seem to think they have it sorted. We'll see, if it does work just fine, even with people attempting to loot dump to actually ruin a server, I'll be gobsmacked.

But... I imagine after a few hours every servers will be full of useless stuff scattered all around making the game extremely laggy and cause serious performance issues?? Or am I missing something?

No. We have rewritten a big part of item synchronization. This is much much less of an issue than you imagine.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2botaq/experimental_servers_going_down_update_incoming/cj7ezwj

Where can I do this? 

PS : reported you by mistake, sorry -_-, doing many things at the same times..

lol I've done that too.