SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.47 Discussion

Has someone reported this "LMB" bug ?
I've not had a problem so far and I've killed loads of Z's.
Can someone explain exactly what happens and how to reproduce (the bug) :D

Thanks, oh and a link to the Bug Report please.

Has someone reported this "LMB" bug ?

I've not had a problem so far and I've killed loads of Z's.

Can someone explain exactly what happens and how to reproduce (the bug) :D

Thanks, oh and a link to the Bug Report please.

Yes it has been reported

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=13441

pretty much you can't attack anything or fire your guns when it afflicts you.  Most log and try again.  Forme I could fight 2-3 zeds and then on the 4th or 5th it would stop working mid fight.  It was a bitch, on a hunch I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling DayZ SA while the exp server were being updated and have not been afflicted since.

Edited by Barnabus

Resetting your controls to default (as advised) , close game, open game and then remap if required, should have done the trick.

Thank you for the prompt reply.

It only happened to me once. It was after I killed a crawler zombie that ruined most of my stuff. I kept rage hitting him with my axe after he was dead and after like 15 hits I couldn't swing or attack anymore.

• Like 1

I found one major problem with the current state of expiremental:

There is literally no reason meet players anymore unless it is for PVP fun. Now that loot is so precious that you don't want to take the risk of meeting a zombie or raider to fuck it up in a cities that's nearly empty there is no main clash point of people. Increasing the amount of zombies is useless because it makes the cities even less attractive and 100 player servers makes loot rarer and the risk of meeting a asshat even bigger so that cant really solve it either. what do you guys think?

I think you, as with a lot of people totally miss the point of experimental.

It's not really meant as somewhere to team up with your mates, meet new people, or engage in PvP. It's for testing new features.

It's for testing new features.

yes, but also giving feedback about the current balance can be helpful, and this is what basinox does.

Resetting your controls to default (as advised) , close game, open game and then remap if required, should have done the trick.

Can confirm this to not work entirely, reseted my controls and now I cant hit anything with baseball bats or other such weapons. Smaller melee weapons such as sickles and knives work better than before though.

yes, but also giving feedback about the current balance can be helpful, and this is what basinox does.

Fair enough.

Perhaps my comment was misdirected. However, my sentiment still stands, it would appear that many players don't really get what the experimental branch is all about.

- I rubber-banded two times in about six hours
- My character did not freeze for one time, which was the most important aspect for me after the previous experimental update.
- I avoid melee combat with zombies, because it felt unpredictable. But I like the different ways you can flee before them now.
- Never saw a Mosin but a lot of animals around.

- This experimental update in combination without regularly server restarts feels like DayZ 2017 and I enjoyed the detailled focus on surviving. At least the start in the east was difficult and I was worried sometimes. I started at night south of Berezinho and searched the city for about a hour. Almost all the doors were open and all I could find was one can of spaghetti, a tuna, a beer and a pepsi in the marginal areas of the city and mostly just because one survivor forgot to search the last room of a building. I had some apples to eat to survive. Also clothing was very rare and I usually just found jeans from other Survivors. I found a "badly damaged" hatchet and was finally able to eat my cans. Then I made my way up to Polana and there it looked better. I was very glad to found a badly damaged wool-jacket. I took a SKS and 15 rounds for the Mosin. The best was a compass (pristine). I never saw a compass in this state before! It was a joy to sneak through the cities in nighttime and not to attract attention. You just see the beautiful places and details of the cities and how many opportunities there are for you to hide. I moved on to Novy and Stary and found more useful things like a school backpack and a Blaze with another 20 rounds and I let my SKS back for another Survivor. My further way led me to green mountain and the villages in the neighborhood, because I had always one eye on heli-chrashs, but did not found one. I sneaked through Zelen. and Kamenka at the end and these places were also looted. It was a really nice time to gear up slowly. Now my character looks like a civilian survivor who has to deal with the remnants of civilization.

-I usually play on a three-year old middle class multimedia notebook (Lenovo Edge 520 with i5core and 1024 Vram) and I am finally able to enjoy the game also in big cities, where I normally walked in slow motion. But now the game runs better for me than ever before. I do not know why, because server fps =/= client fps but it does for some reason. Of course I play on very low settings and used a "FPS-Guide".

• Like 7

- I rubber-banded two times in about six hours

- My character did not freeze for one time, which was the most important aspect for me after the previous experimental update.

- I avoid melee combat with zombies, because it felt unpredictable. But I like the different ways you can flee before them now.

- Never saw a Mosin but a lot of animals around.

- This experimental update in combination without regularly server restarts feels like DayZ 2017 and I enjoyed the detailled focus on surviving. At least the start in the east was difficult and I was worried sometimes. I started at night south of Berezinho and searched the city for about a hour. Almost all the doors were open and all I could find was one can of spaghetti, a tuna, a beer and a pepsi in the marginal areas of the city and mostly just because one survivor forgot to search the last room of a building. I had some apples to eat to survive. Also clothing was very rare and I usually just found jeans from other Survivors. I found a "badly damaged" hatchet and was finally able to eat my cans. Then I made my way up to Polana and there it looked better. I was very glad to found a badly damaged wool-jacket. I took a SKS and 15 rounds for the Mosin. The best was a compass (pristine). I never saw a compass in this state before! It was a joy to sneak through the cities in nighttime and not to attract attention. You just see the beautiful places and details of the cities and how many opportunities there are for you to hide. I moved on to Novy and Stary and found more useful things like a school backpack and a Blaze with another 20 rounds and I let my SKS back for another Survivor. My further way led me to green mountain and the villages in the neighborhood, because I had always one eye on heli-chrashs, but did not found one. I sneaked through Zelen. and Kamenka at the end and these places were also looted. It was a really nice time to gear up slowly. Now my character looks like a civilian survivor who has to deal with the remnants of civilization.

-I usually play on a three-year old middle class multimedia notebook (Lenovo Edge 520 with i5core and 1024 Vram) and I am finally able to enjoy the game also in big cities, where I normally walked in slow motion. But now the game runs better for me than ever before. I do not know why, because server fps =/= client fps but it does for some reason. Of course I play on very low settings and used a "FPS-Guide".

Excellent update brother!

I've noticed some complaints about lengthy restarts and the future of DayZ in regards to loot.  I'd say beyond the fact that it's only testing right now, it's important to also bear in mind that eventually they will add loot respawn without restarts.

So longer restarts are only a good thing if the servers can remain stable.

• Like 1

I've noticed some complaints about lengthy restarts and the future of DayZ in regards to loot.  I'd say beyond the fact that it's only testing right now, it's important to also bear in mind that eventually they will add loot respawn without restarts.

So longer restarts are only a good thing if the servers can remain stable.

Im not fussed about lenghty restarts, its a step forward for dayz. Im annoyed because were meant to be testing the new items but i cant find them due to servers being picked clean.

Odd. I was experiencing less frames in larger cities on a medium to high desktop rig. I was hoping the server performance increase would help with that. But good for you if it plays better!  

Resetting your controls to default (as advised) , close game, open game and then remap if required, should have done the trick.

Meh, I figured what the hell, why not, servers were down anyway why not get the freshest of the fresh installs....

Going home from work at 0230, gonna jump on and see what is what. 

I was knocked through a wall by zombies... into another room.... they could not enter the room but kept hitting me even though I could not see them until I died... seems like a minor bug... maybe ;)

I was knocked through a wall by zombies... into another room.... they could not enter the room but kept hitting me even though I could not see them until I died... seems like a minor bug... maybe ;)

got that also today, plus stuff i drop on ground dissapears.

plus stuff i drop on ground dissapears.

Items dropped in buildings, doesn't dissapear - sometimes they just move some rooms forward or gonna lie somewhere around the house.

I've changed the controls as recommended by the devs and the game is not saving this changes properly, the changes works for some minutes and then reverts back to the previous configuration that I had. It's also happening with Texture Quality option for me. If anyone else is experiencing this, please make a comment in the following issue report...

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=14423

Also, is anyone else experiencing performance improvements? I'm getting solid rock 60 in the woods and in Zelenegorsk, where I used to have 20s, now I'm getting 30s. I'm on my way to Cherno to measure the FPS there, then I'll move to Novo.

Also, is anyone else experiencing performance improvements? I'm getting solid rock 60 in the woods and in Zelenegorsk, where I used to have 20s, now I'm getting 30s. I'm on my way to Cherno to measure the FPS there, then I'll move to Novo.

I got a small performance downgrade inside cities since this update. But it seems like I'm the only one.

• Like 1

FYI the seperate jail building off the northwestern road at NWAF will break your legs if you go upstairs and stand next to the wall!! There is a ghost or Green Mountain goblin in there :D. It happened to a friend last Friday and then happened to me yesterday in the same building and same spot. Not sure if this was ever an issue before as I rarely visit that building. You have been warned :D

deadlybuilding_zps0d264423.jpg

Edited by haknslash

FYI the seperate north jail building off the northwestern road at NWAF will break your legs if you go upstairs and stand next to the wall!! There is a ghost or Green Mountain goblin in there :D. It happened to a friend last Friday and then happened to me yesterday in the same building and same spot. Not sure if this was ever an issue before as I rarely visit that building. You have been warned :D

Happened to me also, in stable. Almost died, glad I had friends with me ;)

• Like 1

Happened to me also, in stable. Almost died, glad I had friends with me ;)

and that's why you don't go to Hell the NWAF, kids.

That's so awesome! I kind of hope infrequent resets become the norm, it sounds more challenging (aka fun).

FYI the seperate jail building off the northwestern road at NWAF will break your legs if you go upstairs and stand next to the wall!! There is a ghost or Green Mountain goblin in there :D. It happened to a friend last Friday and then happened to me yesterday in the same building and same spot. Not sure if this was ever an issue before as I rarely visit that building. You have been warned :D

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Military_Base_(Bashnya)

Nothing to do ith NWAF.....servers with more around 20 or more are frequently causing epople to lag out and break their legs on the second or third story of buildings. The prisons seem to be the most common. I have stopped looting them altogether because of this.

• Like 1