SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.47 Discussion

For the love of Camels, what da fuq is going on in this thread now?

Anyhow, Tweets out.. good things inbound. 

Edited by lrish
  • Like 5

lrish, on 17 Jul 2014 - 11:31 AM, said:snapback.png

For the love of Camels, what da fuq is going on in this thread now?

Anyhow, Tweets out.. good things inbound. 

Thanks Man  :D

hope they fixed the game freezing so i can hop on the exp branch again

Edited by TheCourierVX
  • Like 1

lrish, on 17 Jul 2014 - 11:31 AM, said:snapback.png

Thanks Man  :D

hope they fixed the game freezing so i can hop on the exp branch again

Dean said that has been addressed and fixed. It will be included in tomorrow's update.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2ayjc7/rocket2guns_significant_performance_increase_on/cj019bx

Edited by haknslash
  • Like 3

How do you get so little FPS with that setup?I get same with my Intel Celeron :P

The Gpu. I had that same card and it would barely get 35 FPS on the Mod.

any word on when they are going to fix the annoying screen freezing that is happening during gameplay? Its very annoying to be fighting a zed only to have the screen freeze for 20 seconds then when it unfreezes your knocked out,....bleeding on the ground...or worse

any word on when they are going to fix the annoying screen freezing that is happening during gameplay? Its very annoying to be fighting a zed only to have the screen freeze for 20 seconds then when it unfreezes your knocked out,....bleeding on the ground...or worse

[–]panix199 2 Punkte

3 hours ago

the long freezes-bug is WIP right now. It will probably fixed today/tommorow or in the next exp. branch.

"It's a known issue related to the addition of the navmesh to the data. We know the exact problem so we now need to create the fix.", according to rocket2guns today.

[–]rocket2gunsRocket 19 Punkte

2 hours ago

Separate issue from performance, but can confirm it is fixed in the current build going to experimental tomorrow.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2ayjc7/rocket2guns_significant_performance_increase_on/

Edited by Guest

tumblr_n8veffyyTF1sfhyoqo1_250.gif

The answer is hidden somewhere in both this topic and on this website..

Sorry for the post I made about game freeze in Troubleshooting, don't know why I didn't see the experimental discussion...could of just came here and got my answer, swear I tried to us the search topics bar for the issue...lol...anyways sorry for being a noob and posting something already addressed

• Like 1

Wow guys today ive been to experimental branch with my friendz and guess what ! We found a vehicle near Mishkino ! We made it to a balota and i decided to make som screens to proove thats real !!  :lol:  B)

-Beanz plz  :beans:  :rolleyes:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/45351519750342690/91CEF9A4BA8253B69BABDE503C609685683B3027/

• Like 5

Wow guys today ive been to experimental branch with my friendz and guess what ! We found a vehicle near Mishkino ! We made it to a balota and i decided to make som screens to proove thats real !!  :lol:  B)

-Beanz plz  :beans:  :rolleyes:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/45351519750342690/91CEF9A4BA8253B69BABDE503C609685683B3027/

Mad props for the photogenic people. 

I don't know why Dean is working on things like "lighting" or "shaders" or somethign while noone is using the light anyway when they can just move gamma slider or server hop to server with day light.

He should work on real issues like guns dispression, damage of guns, item absorbing damage, wall glitching, zombies, stamina/fatigue system.

I dont think Dean is personally working much on any of these subjects. Also I dont think its realistic to think that everyone in the company would work on the same subject for example the zombie wall glitching. Coders code, artists make textures/sounds and marketing personnel does marketing just to give you few examples.

Did somone notice that the bullet impact and objects in the distance are quite broken in exp again? I played for like half an hour yesterday and distant objects wouldn't load in detail, also no bullet impact visible? Or did the game not load correctly maybe a one time thing or related to my PC?

I have just spent the morning playing 0.47 and it is a load of Sh**. The only good thing about it is the zombie path finding and not going through walls. There is no point in melee at the moment as you are half dead before you kill them.  The hit location on them is appalling. Shooting is no better as you get inundated by them and bullet damage is poor. It took 2 rounds from an sks to down a zed from point blank. And last of all the game freezes on me every so often. And yes I know it is Alpha, but if this goes live in its current state it would kill the game,  Please fix the game as it was really cool when it first came out with just minor bugs.  It would be good to have the current bugs fixed as it seams content is more of a priority than fixing the numerous bugs that are in the game.  Rant over and lets hope the devs sort things out.

>Complaining about the experimental version of Alpha. 

Surely there no hope for humanity now..

• Like 13

Experimental is not the place for strong user experiences, it's for testing new systems. 

Feel free to discuss here, but if you can't stand how broken an experimental build is, then don't play it. You were warned.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 14

Is it tomorrow yet??

Did somone notice that the bullet impact and objects in the distance are quite broken in exp again? I played for like half an hour yesterday and distant objects wouldn't load in detail, also no bullet impact visible? Or did the game not load correctly maybe a one time thing or related to my PC?

I've noticed they've amended the rendering distances in relation to the engine. For example in previous experimental builds you could light a fire and walk some distance from it. Depending on your settings the fire would no longer be visible, but use a scope and it can come back into view. Now, you physically need to be near the item/action/object for it to render, scoping in doesn't affect the rendering distance.

An example of this was a flare I placed onto the roof of the (new) NEAF control tower. Normally it would have stopped rendering about 400 metres away (with the way my current graphic settings) but I could move 1km away and view it through a scope and it would render. This time however, it stopped rendering about 300 metres away and no amount of scoping (even standing a few metres out of the "rendering zone") would render it.

So something has definitely changed in relation to how the rendering engine calculates what is shown either at a distance or via a scope.

Is it tomorrow yet??

It's never tomorrow, it only ever stays today.. ;)

• Like 2

I've noticed they've amended the rendering distances in relation to the engine. For example in previous experimental builds you could light a fire and walk some distance from it. Depending on your settings the fire would no longer be visible, but use a scope and it can come back into view. Now, you physically need to be near the item/action/object for it to render, scoping in doesn't affect the rendering distance.

An example of this was a flare I placed onto the roof of the (new) NEAF control tower. Normally it would have stopped rendering about 400 metres away (with the way my current graphic settings) but I could move 1km away and view it through a scope and it would render. This time however, it stopped rendering about 300 metres away and no amount of scoping (even standing a few metres out of the "rendering zone") would render it.

So something has definitely changed in relation to how the rendering engine calculates what is shown either at a distance or via a scope.

So this happened due to changes in the game ok. That kind of problem is understandable at least if you make major changes to objects, viewdistances and stuff like that. What bothers me more are bugs like shotgun pellets. What possible changes can you make to a gun that lowers the amount of pellets from whatever 10-20 to 1? Delete shotgun, copy paste a semiautomatic gun to shotgunmodel, profit??? and why does it take 2 months to reverse the obvious fuckup? No hurr durr priority anwers guys, it takes literally 2 minutes to copy the old version to the actual release from a backup.

Edited by TyrDaishi

The only bitch i have is that you took my night time away from me. I liked the old night, it was scary. Get rid of gamma option if possible and put the darkness back in. Stupid gamma sliding bitches! Thanks for all your hard work otherwise.

Edited by zdrago666