SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.47 Discussion

maybe he had his mags in a protector case and was hitting R with no free space anywhere in his inventory!!!! this is a known bug!

Yeah, I also had this with an AKM drum mag, I reloaded using R but did not have 4 spaces free so it fell to the ground and disappeared...goodbye drum mag...

• Like 1

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Uh, sorry but I haven't been getting any buggy melee or hit detection issues with zombies. The only time I have a problem is when I'm desyncing and nothing registers till I'm synced again.

Seriously suggest you try again.  It is broken and it is bad.  I usually have no issues either but tonight in Electro I had a two on me and I had a fire axe.  Well aimed hits did NOTHING to the zeds and they killed me pretty quick, I was out side in the parking lot of the Firehouse in town.  Could not even fight them in the open space inside.  After that death I spawned down the coast, snuck up behind a zed and engaged with fists, even knocked her down, when she got back up I kept hitting her but I was doing no damage to her at all, then my LMB crapped out (the newest bug I guess) and so died again. 

Experimental is seriously busted, I was hoping for a hotfix today but I guess not.  I am going back to stable for a bit since Experimental is pretty much unplayable as it is now.

I played for a while and didn't experience any issues. Zombies would go down pretty easy. I'm back on stable now but I'll do more testing later on.

Edited by DarkBullet

Any news from devs ? more details ? Anyone knows something about the implementation of tents ?

I was looting Vybor (untouched all doors shut)

That's not how it works. Just because someone decided to close all the doors they've opened doesn't make the place untouched.

• Like 1

Yeah, I also had this with an AKM drum mag, I reloaded using R but did not have 4 spaces free so it fell to the ground and disappeared...goodbye drum mag...

Actually all drum mags do that, with or without free slots, and they don't fall to the ground, they just disappear. If you want to reload you need to do it manually. However you can duplicate your mags easily to avoid this problem.

• Like 1

Uh, sorry but I haven't been getting any buggy melee or hit detection issues with zombies. The only time I have a problem is when I'm desyncing and nothing registers till I'm synced again.

And so you decided that the others are simply bad at this game.

Actually all drum mags do that, with or without free slots, and they don't fall to the ground, they just disappear. If you want to reload you need to do it manually. However you can duplicate your mags easily to avoid this problem.

Thanks for the manual reloading tip but did you just really give the advice to dupe my mags??????

That is just lame I'm sorry to say because apparently you do this and in my opinion it should warrant a ban...

I don't cheat, ever. (will admit to sometimes using the gamma exploit).

Edited by SAK
  • Like 3

Thanks for the manual reloading tip but did you just really give the advice to dupe my mags??????

That is just lame I'm sorry to say because apparently you do this and in my opinion it should warrant a ban...

Normally I would agree, but in some weird way, duping to overcome a glitch that deletes something seems fair to me. I still won't dupe, and no one really should, just saying that in a karmic sense it isn't totally absurd.

• Like 2

More stuff I noticed today;

Splitting axe and farmers hoe will still kill a zed in 2 blows and, occasionally 1 blow with the axe if you hit them just right.

Fire axe, still good for cutting wood and making kindling, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO  USE IN MELEE for now, it ain't working too goodly there Herbert.

Fer da very first time I was kilted ded in a fire house by the Random Screen of DayZ Death today.

I was killed by a zombie while trying to use the aforementioned fire axe.  When I respawned I wasn't too far away so I thought I'd go and see if my stuff was still there.  My extra rifle was on the ground where I had died but my body and everything else was gone.  I was the only one on the server so does this mean that zeds are hiding bodies now?

Random freezes-- fix these before you fix any damn thing else ppppppplllllleeeeeeaaaaasssssseeee, so sick of these, more sick of these than the random screen of dayz death.  Seriously.

• Like 1

-snip-

I played for a while and didn't experience any issues. Zombies would go down pretty easy. I'm back on stable now but I'll do more testing later on.

No wonder, we're all talking about the current exp build and you are on stable. 

As my Drill Sergeant used to say;

ONE OF THESE THINGS IS NOT LIKE THE OTHER, ONE OF THESE THINGS JUST ISN'T THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Not to be an ass but if you use gamma exploit you cheat.

And you guys sure that drum mags are not suppose to drop on the ground as of intended mechanics (as long as they dont dissapear)?They are pretty strong  compared to regular ones 75 rounds is a LOT , do they have any cons ie reload speed penalty or something ?

Edited by eskel

Not to be an ass but if you use gamma exploit you cheat.

Fair enough. I will stop using it from now on, just to not be a hypocrite.

ONE OF THESE THINGS IS NOT LIKE THE OTHER, ONE OF THESE THINGS JUST ISN'T THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your instructor was "David" from Sesame Street?

• Like 1

Are we any closer to the removal (reduction) in the freezing? Forgive my ignorance, but I've not really followed the dev for the last couple of days.

Are we any closer to the removal (reduction) in the freezing? Forgive my ignorance, but I've not really followed the dev for the last couple of days.

if i got it right, the freezing is relevant to the new navmesh. they had a 64slot server, with profilersoftware running yesterday to gather some data - guess it was a success.

We need to remove a big bottleneck we confirmed, and than we will see

no eta yet, but regarding to steamdb, they preparing a new exp patch - maybe this friday? we'll see!

No wonder, we're all talking about the current exp build and you are on stable. 

Sounds to me like he was referring to experimental as well, only he is now back on stable. I personally haven't had much issue with hitting zombies with either the splitting axe or the fireaxe, though I rarely use anything else on a zombie. Successfully killed a couple with the fireaxe earlier today.

Edited by solodude23

Out of all that was said, this, this is what the squeaker took from that.  Brilliant.

Nah, but it was the most interesting to this 41 year old who, unlike "squeakers" , actually remembers that Sesame Street segment from 35 years ago.

*That and it WAS all in caps.

tumblr_ll4dulY8py1qbm08zo1_500.gif

Hello dayz team.

I wish a lot more zombies in the game.
Can your arma engine also create zombie hordes like in the movie "The Walking Dead" through the countryside and forests run?

That would be very cool.

Edited by aoegod
  • Like 1

Sounds to me like he was referring to experimental as well, only he is now back on stable. I personally haven't had much issue with hitting zombies with either the splitting axe or the fireaxe, though I rarely use anything else on a zombie. Successfully killed a couple with the fireaxe earlier today.

Honestly though, Splitting axe is kicking ass for me, one hitting jumpers all day long with that thin-  Fire axe has been just completely and totally useless.

Only played for a second but one major thing bugged me.

When putting hands up, you do a new Extremely Slow Jogging forward, and when sprinting, you do a barely faster jog. Might be bug but if not, it will take the viability of rushing someone with a melee weapon that has a gun out of the question. Also it makes punching horribly slow and taking zombies out extremely difficult.

Alright.... so, after checking the entirety of the NWAF 11 times, including some servers which had just recently restarted and excluding obviously looted ones, is it incredibly unlucky that i've never found a single AKM nor have I found a Drum magazine?

I've searched more than this actually, its only been 11 since I started counting. Also, if the spawns are just that low I don't even mind but from the sounds of things in the thread people aren't having any trouble finding them.

Super unlucky or Conspiracy?

Edited by LaGeG

Only played for a second but one major thing bugged me.

When putting hands up, you do a new Extremely Slow Jogging forward, and when sprinting, you do a barely faster jog. Might be bug but if not, it will take the viability of rushing someone with a melee weapon that has a gun out of the question. Also it makes punching horribly slow and taking zombies out extremely difficult.

i tink it is that way now , this way punch will be less op , you will have to take your time to punch , so it will be less easier to knock somone with a gun now

also running and pushing isnt realistic, is it?    people would fell to the floor by lossing their balance

Edited by LanceroxD

Alright.... so, after checking the entirety of the NWAF 11 times, including some servers which had just recently restarted and excluding obviously looted ones, is it incredibly unlucky that i've never found a single AKM nor have I found a Drum magazine?

I've searched more than this actually, its only been 11 since I started counting. Also, if the spawns are just that low I don't even mind but from the sounds of things in the thread people aren't having any trouble finding them.

Super unlucky or Conspiracy?

Unlucky, but NWAF hasn't been good for AKM anyway.  I find mine around Balota.

Hmm, Chem lights are dupping, sort of.  If it is lit and you put it on the ground then pick it up it goes out.  You can then break it and use it again some place else.

Can confirm that NWAF and Vybor military base suck for AKM. Searched them several times over the course of a few days and found none. Got sick of it and ran down to Pavlovo military and found one in the barracks the first time. I think they are making us run for our goodies now. Funny thing is that by the time I found it I already had 3 30 round mags, handgrip, bipod, folding stock, and pso scope. I'll probably get shot before I get to use it.