Acher0n

Everything, gone.

My point being, testers usually get paid or compensated in some way. You are under no such obligation to report anything at all. It obviously helps if people do, but I dont agree that by purchasing the game we are all testers.

I'll be glad to hire anybody that wants to pay me for their work. Any takers? You can indeed call yourself testers if you want. ;)

This game is in alpha. You are automatically a tester from the second you step foot in this zombie survival game. The developers use us, as players to test their game whether we are putting in bug reports or not. We are definitely testing server stability every day. Why else would it be labeled as a early access alpha game? It's definitely not meant for your typical consumer.

Edited by Beck
  • Like 1

Cool. I've got a new homemade jetpack invention I need testers for. Just pay me $30 and you can be tester #1.

Edited by blaeZ

Cool. I've got a new homemade jetpack invention I need testers for. Just pay me $30 and you can be tester #1.

I don't see how that proves any point. I would definitely pay to test a jetpack.

I don't see how that proves any point. I would definitely pay to test a jetpack.

Its fine, think of yourself as a tester. Hope that gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Here's a picture of some actual testers:

PHO-10Jul14-238159.jpg

Edited by blaeZ

That is probably almost an hour of time to recover that loot once you respawn. That is horrible. How will you cope?

That's not true at all. Protector cases, suppressors, red dot sights, and long range scopes are not a common loot spawn. Without server hopping those items will take quite a while to find, and with server hopping you'd still have to be lucky to come across those. 200 .45 rounds and 160 7.62 rounds can take forever to horde all that ammo legitimately assuming the OP didn't just pick them up off a corpse. Don't be another fanboy that just sugarcoats over the more frustrating broken parts of this game.

However the OP should have accepted that all that gear is temporary. You're going to loose all your shit from glitches, character wipes, and other players.....

The awful movement and especially fall damage system is something inherited from Arma. I was truly hoping for them to have this as one of the top priority things on the "to do" list but I seem to have been mistaken.

It's simply unacceptable to by getting killed by walking up stairs, ladders or slightly tilted pieces of metal. I know it's alpha, but saying that won't make my point any less valid.

That's not true at all. Protector cases, suppressors, red dot sights, and long range scopes are not a common loot spawn. Without server hopping those items will take quite a while to find, and with server hopping you'd still have to be lucky to come across those. 200 .45 rounds and 160 7.62 rounds can take forever to horde all that ammo legitimately assuming the OP didn't just pick them up off a corpse. Don't be another fanboy that just sugarcoats over the more frustrating broken parts of this game.

However the OP should have accepted that all that gear is temporary. You're going to loose all your shit from glitches, character wipes, and other players.....

Okay, it might be 1.5 hours, but it's still quick. .45, SKS and Mosin ammo are very common right now. Of course, I am at NWAF and the close-by military barracks but they are literally everywhere. In tent city at NWAF, RDS for the FNX are falling out of trees. They definitely increased the spawn of them in this patch. All that being said, I typically gear up at 5am just before work when not many people are around. I hunt peeps at night, but if you are trying to find this gear on a full server, it might be troublesome.

My point being, testers usually get paid or compensated in some way. You are under no such obligation to report anything at all. It obviously helps if people do, but I dont agree that by purchasing the game we are all testers.

I'll be glad to hire anybody that wants to pay me for their work. Any takers? You can indeed call yourself testers if you want. ;)

test·er1
ˈtestər/
noun

1. a person who tests something, especially a new product.
    • a person who tests another's proficiency.
    • a device that tests the functioning of something.

Nothing about being paid here.

My point is, Dean put the game up for early access so he:

1). Doesn't have to hire a HUGE testing team to iron out every single bug.

2). Can get community feedback on how to make the game better.

Testers get paid whenever they are hired by the company. We are not hired, but we are still testers.

EDIT: And we actually do get compensated. For testing the game and reporting bugs, we get a progressively smoother experience and we get to have a voice in certain features of the game. We also get to talk to the devs and they put forth really valid and thorough answers (something I don't see that often with other games in development)

Its fine, think of yourself as a tester. Hope that gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Here's a picture of some actual testers:

(Picture of crash test dummies)

Here's another:

tester.jpg

And another:

animal_test_rabbits.jpg

Oh, I bet they don't get paid.

Edited by SFRGaming
  • Like 1

oh OP...

a friend, we havent played with in 3 months, joined again and got us into a epic adventure today on a UK server. After a ambush on our meetup point and a lucky retaliation he ended up like this:  *hacked mags not shown*

endgame.jpg

the ultimate...unicorn...

altho...he died trying to go down a ladder, later, in berezino....

we laughed all the way through...dayZ is a cruel godess...

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

oh OP...

a friend, we havent played with in 3 months, joined again and got us into a epic adventure today on a UK server. After a ambush on our meetup point and a lucky retaliation he ended up like this:  *hacked mags not shown*

endgame.jpg

the ultimate...unicorn...

altho...he died trying to go down a ladder, later, in berezino....

we laughed all the way through...dayZ is a cruel godess...

OMG!!!

Are those pink jogging shoes?

I don't care how rare they are and if I have to search the whole map over and over to get a pair of those shoes.

Finally my life in DayZ has a meaning, a purpose!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Jogging_shoes_pink.png

Edited by TiggyPooh
  • Like 1

I had a funny encounter with a ladder at the NW Airfield today, shot me through the ground and I died about 700m away from the ladder under some building, but alpha is alpha deal with it for now, can always gear up again, though I am missing my extra slotted vest!

You're seriously daft if you believe product testers dont get paid.

http://www.consumerworldwide.com/paid-product-testing.html

http://www.productreviewmom.com/2013/06/how-can-i-get-paid-to-test-products.html

http://consumerproducttesting.org/

https://www.facebook.com/getpaidtotestproducts

Just about every industry has paid product testers for their products.

That was just the first 4 links on google, but you're probably right. And then there's this:

de·vel·op·er
diˈveləpər/
noun
noun: developer; plural noun: developers
  1. a person or thing that develops something.
    "a property developer"
    • a person who grows or matures at a specified time or rate.
      "I was a slow developer"
    • a chemical agent used for treating photographic film to make a visible image.
Duhhhh... nothing about money in there... do developers get paid?
Edited by blaeZ

Why are you carrying 3 pistols? lol

You know, I have been playing DayZ since about a month or two after the mod came out for Arma 2. Not ONCE have I ever died from getting on or off a ladder.

You wanna know my secret? It is rather complex but it is full-proof my friend.

Here it is:

Don't get on ladders.

Edited by Hikurac
  • Like 1

Maybe its intended realism lol. Ladders have been known kill a few.

Edited by blaeZ

test·er1
ˈtestər/
noun

1. a person who tests something, especially a new product.
    • a person who tests another's proficiency.
    • a device that tests the functioning of something.

<_<

You're seriously daft if you believe product testers dont get paid.

http://www.consumerworldwide.com/paid-product-testing.html

http://www.productreviewmom.com/2013/06/how-can-i-get-paid-to-test-products.html

http://consumerproducttesting.org/

https://www.facebook.com/getpaidtotestproducts

Just about every industry has paid product testers for their products.

That was just the first 4 links on google, but you're probably right. And then there's this:

de·vel·op·er
diˈveləpər/
noun
noun: developer; plural noun: developers
  1. a person or thing that develops something.
    "a property developer"
    • a person who grows or matures at a specified time or rate.
      "I was a slow developer"
    • a chemical agent used for treating photographic film to make a visible image.
Duhhhh... nothing about money in there... do developers get paid?

I had a feeling you'd be slow to respond after that.

Edited by blaeZ

You seem to have forgotten that you are a tester.

THIS,

This is not a game, it's a test of a game which will be released later. "Alpha" is not an excuse, it's a term used for a game that HAS bugs, and WILL have bugs for quite a while. We are testers. We test the game make sure it's okay.

As for ladders, just avoid them; Simple. There is really nothing that requires ladders, if it has good loot. Plain and simple.

Edited by TheGreatPerson

I've climbed every building in the game and have never died from ladders. Can you do other actions while climbing that could cause falling?

You're living on borrowed time, friend

I have been killed by ladders once

Ladders have broken my legs once

Walking down stairs has killed me once

Players have killed me 2 times (when I first started playing) 

I will never climb another ladder nor will i go up stairs I do not have to

Feel for you man but the staff at BI who do cows and tents aren't the same ones who do engine/player movement type stuff. Been said by the developers many times.

You should have waited to get the game later if bugs like this really get to you.

Edited by Nocturnal

In Chernarus, ladder climbs you!

• Like 1