Lauch

confirmed new stuff in exp. 46.

People are also talking about hand grenades confirmed in the next patch

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/200473-big-news-submachine-gun-tents-teddy-bears-and-much-more/page-5#entry2019284

I think thrown grenades are 95% useless in any situation

BUT they are highly comical and very good for light entertainment

Great for equipment-freak suicides and gone-postal PvP self-elimination

If you've ever seen anyone throw a grenade into your building and watched it bounce back out at them, you'll know what I mean

Or they just fluff the throw competely and blow themselves up, that's nice

If a player says "grenade" their own squad runs away

Grenades mean people shouting "shit, shit" and random explosions

its all harmless fun, it lightens the day

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

cXXOqj6.png

Any picture of what the Gorka jacket looks like on someone?

• Like 3

Not really.

I mean the place that you'd find things like this in Chernarus would be the heli crash sites and maybe it's just me but I don't think I'd arm my men with sniper rifles to deal with large groups of fast moving infected, would you? Seems like a grenade launcher or LMG would fit the bill much better...

Maybe not large caliber sniper rifules but one or two members of the squad would have DMRs for sure.

Haha, the proverbial racism against military weapons continues.

As if they somehow had sex with your mother and beat up your father, and thus warrant vitriolic and unfounded "they'd ruin gameplay categorically" statements. With little argument to back said statement up.

It isn't Mk 48s and AKs that encouraged folks to kill people. It's the fact that there's no consequence to killing someone, period. Not a punishment. But there's no thought process. It's, "Oh, there's another person... BLAM... /loot.... /continuelivinglife." Doesn't matter if you've got a Mosin or a DMR, the process is the same.

Likewise, they can include anything inasmuch as it is made rare. Period. There's a difference between including a variety of weapons, and making them rare. People have a hard time differentiating between the two concepts for some reason. If it's less likely to be encountered overall, then it will be seen less often. That was one of the issues of the mod, and current issues with the standalone. Ammunition is entirely too common, thus making killing someone inconsequential (there are more ways that this is true as well). And the tired "Well, it could be exploited" excuse is the absolute most illogical thing I've ever heard.

Well no shit, things can be exploited. Should we remove M4A1's then? Or Mosins? Because someone could dupe them, ya' know! Oh lerd! And damn that "fixed loot management" system, people are just going to exploit it! Tell Dean to stop all production ASAP!

Lets work on fixing exploiting then, shall we? Instead of artificially limiting the game based on the fear that someone might exploit something.

Grenade launchers, yes please.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 4

they gotta buff the Zombies again if introducing nade launcher!

ermahgaaawd GRENADE LAUNCHERS!!!! this is getting brilliant! cant wait to make tripwire bombs :D

god this game got so awesome lately! i rented a Server (started last week). and Boy. did i have a good time ... Meeting strangers in vybor, kamenka, green mountain! my Server is normally like 10/30! but u always meet someone at the most lonesome places!

Edited by brumey

snip

You have way to much common sense. I disagree with you on a few topics buy you are always reasonable and make valid arguments.

There is no reason advanced weaponry shouldn't be in the game. Instead of dealing with the griefing problem that DayZ definitely has had since Mod people are trying to limit play options which is, quite simply, not smart.

Any picture of what the Gorka jacket looks like on someone?

Not sure it is the best picture, but here is one, sadly the flat one without any camo.

Czbjzpo.jpg

EDIT:Somebody else already provided better picture darn O_o.

Edited by Hombre
  • Like 1

It isn't Mk 48s and AKs that encouraged folks to kill people. It's the fact that there's no consequence to killing someone, period. Not a punishment. But there's no thought process. It's, "Oh, there's another person... BLAM... /loot.... /continuelivinglife." Doesn't matter if you've got a Mosin or a DMR, the process is the same.

I disagree, consequences or humanity type system doesnt work. Its all about the actual danger in the world. Zombies and the environment are not taken seriously, so PVP is common place. Really, the standard in this kind of game should be PVE and a really big zombie threat,. PVP should be a luxury that the majority of us do not have the ammo or firepower for

Haha, the proverbial racism against military weapons continues.

As if they somehow had sex with your mother and beat up your father, and thus warrant vitriolic and unfounded "they'd ruin gameplay categorically" statements. With little argument to back said statement up.

..//..

Ammunition is entirely too common, thus making killing someone inconsequential (there are more ways that this is true as well). And the tired "Well, it could be exploited" excuse is the absolute most illogical thing I've ever heard.

..//..

Grenade launchers, yes please.

[ Did someone say grenade launchers could be exploited ? Give me the post reference I must have missed that. ]

Your point of view is interesting. I read it carefully - more than once. I hope you can explain a little more. Let's not be vitriolic, ok ?

There is something I'd like to know - How is a large range of weapons going to improve gameplay ? How does a large selection of weapons add something to the DayZ gameplay experience ? What does it add ?

I guess the bottom-line question is: 

What do you - you personally - DO with a great range of weapons ? What do you want a wider range of weapons for ?

What is it you do with them in the game, that improves your game?

Please give us your argument to back up your statement. If it's a good argument, agree or disagree, I'll give you the beans.

Let's not get over-excited about this, I'd just like to hear the reason for your point of view.

It must be better than the " had sex with your mother and beat up your father " stuff. We could understand each other.

So: What do you want to do with a larger range of weapons in the game, that improves your game?

xx thanx

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 2

Not sure how I feel about a grenade launcher. It needs to be super rare, with the ammunition being even more rare.

• Like 1

I agree. I dont want noob tubes thanks. If they insist, i would like to see heavy stat reductions for the attached weapons, accuracy etc

Persoanlly i'd remove the M4 too. Not sure whats thats doing in a eastern block/european country.

Weapons i'd have instead.

AK family, 47, 74, M etc

PPSh-41
SVT-40
Mosin Carbine
SVD
A Civilian hunting rifle like the CZ
Edited by foxdie_01

I disagree, consequences or humanity type system doesnt work. Its all about the actual danger in the world. Zombies and the environment are not taken seriously, so PVP is common place. Really, the standard in this kind of game should be PVE and a really big zombie threat,. PVP should be a luxury that the majority of us do not have the ammo or firepower for

What are you basing your opinion on?

I play A3:BP all the time and KoS in that game is way different. The faction system and the party system make all of the difference. I still shoot people in the head if I feel like it but I first check my target to make sure I won't be penalized for killing that faction. I play a survivalist and have also grouped up with randoms (both "good" and "bad") several times. Some kind of faction or humanity system will definitely work.

Note: I am not saying I want the Breaking Point faction system. It has its problems. I just think that some kind of system could be developed that rewards players for social interaction as opposed to punishing them for killing others.

[ Did someone say grenade launchers could be exploited ? Give me the post reference I must have missed that. ]

Your point of view is interesting. I read it carefully - more than once. I hope you can explain a little more. Let's not be vitriolic, ok ?

There is something I'd like to know - How is a large range of weapons going to improve gameplay ? How does a large selection of weapons add something to the DayZ gameplay experience ? What does it add ?

I guess the bottom-line question is: 

What do you - you personally - DO with a great range of weapons ? What do you want a wider range of weapons for ?

What is it you do with them in the game, that improves your game?

Please give us your argument to back up your statement. If it's a good argument, agree or disagree, I'll give you the beans.

Let's not get over-excited about this, I'd just like to hear the reason for your point of view.

It must be better than the " had sex with your mother and beat up your father " stuff. We could understand each other.

So: What do you want to do with a larger range of weapons in the game, that improves your game?

xx thanx

more weaponry is always a good Thing to have! gives us so much more room for different roleplay's! also. some weapons require certain playstyles (ie mosin with LRS) ... variety cant be something someone doesnt want! or... i just dont get it! i have fun trying out different weapons from time to time! more weapons = Long term Motivation

if they really introduce tents that store gear! i will welcome a wide variety of guns to collect for my weapon collection which i maintain in my tent!

never treid the blaze95. and having a shitload of fun with it recently! dat dual-shot^^

Edited by brumey

if they really introduce tents that store gear! i will welcome a wide variety of guns to collect for my weapon collection which i maintain in my tent!

Not sure how much you'll be able to collect. In the Mod, tents were ~50 slots if I am remembering correctly which isn't a whole lot more than a Mountain Backpack. You'd need multiple tents just to maintain a small collection of primary weapons.

Having a global loot economy for the hives will be a great way to make rare things really rare. On public servers, server admins will not be able to simply restart to get high powered weapons because the loot respawn and chance of spawning a rare weapon will be done by a central server and will depend on what's available in the entire hive at that moment. So, for example, if 1 sniper rifle can spawn in the hive and there is one in a loot pile on some server, no other server will be able to spawn one - no matter how many times they restart. That will give the notion of rarity some meaning.

Right now, there will be a bit of a free for all because they want to test the various weapons - which means making them at least a bit more readily available. We'll have to wait and see how they handle high powered weapons once they get the global loot economy working.

Of course, a global loot economy means nothing on a private hive, but admins farming their server by restarts is outside the control of the devs - you just have to decide if a server with unfair admins is a private community you want to play in.

Personally, I think GL's are OP in SA - lots of power, little risk. But I'm not necessarily against the idea of grenades or other small explosives so long as they are extremely rare or are difficult to craft... With those, you run the risk of hurting yourself.

Edited by entspeak

Why are people complaining about the grenade launcher? It's not like the zombies would eat all of the military gear or something. If anything military gear and riot gear would be some what abundant. Getting rid of the M4 is a stupid idea as well, if the outbreak started in Chernarus its completely possible other nations attempted to help like the US. If anything I think more US/UK/UN weapons should be added, but they just shouldn't be as abundant as your run of the mill Russian weapons.

I hope when the zombies are fixed and more are added that they really frequent the airstrips and military bases in some what large numbers, making players have to work for military gear that doesn't spawn at crash sights.

Edited by JokersWarPig

Just because something can exist in that particular world, doesn't mean it should be in the game. Heck, one could argue that, realistically, there could be some missiles and jets around. Surely, zombies haven't eaten all the planes. Does that mean they should be in the game? It's a fallacious argument - that because something would likely exist in the world of the game, that it should be included in the game.

As far as abundance of riot gear and military gear, you've seen the size of these bases, yes? How many soldiers are you thinking they housed? How much military gear did they really need to keep those fairly small bases/camps running before they were overrun by infected? Riot gear, I'll give you that... but that would've been smoke grenades or tear gas. If they want to limit grenade launchers to flares and smoke grenades, then I'd change my mind about them. Even adding tear gas would be a cool feature.

• Like 1

So 3rd person attackers can now attack from perfect safety never even having to expose themselves when you can just fire over things.

more weaponry is always a good Thing to have! gives us so much more room for different roleplay's! also. some weapons require certain playstyles (ie mosin with LRS) ... variety cant be something someone doesnt want! or... i just dont get it! i have fun trying out different weapons from time to time! more weapons = Long term Motivation

never treid the blaze95. and having a shitload of fun with it recently! dat dual-shot^^

ok - I understand, but having many different weapons is maybe (to me) just doing the same roleplay with ... different weapons... not really a lot of different roleplays. But ok I hear you.

You say you like to collect weapons - I understand that - so the DayZ game can be about how many different weapons you can collect, it's a kind of weapons collector game. OK

So a DayZ game with 100 different weapons is twice as good as a DayZ with only 50 different weapons.

I guess if you are a weapons collector you know that each of the 100 weapons is different from every other, and that makes them worth collecting.

so

1 ) you can do different things with different guns

2 ) you can collect them

Edited by pilgrim

i m a pistols guy....

dat akm sway i only can handle when camping ....

• Like 1

@AlfalphaCat

Well I think you may be right that tranqualizer gun and taser would rather not be present in the Chernorus in the time (80's) that game takes place. Other then that it would be kinda immersion breaking too.

The M4A1 was made in 1996, the FNX-45 came out in 2012, MAGPUL stuff wasn't made until the 90s either. There are also things like the HMMWV wrecks; HMMWVs did enter service in 1984, but they weren't very prevalent until the mid-90s.

I highly doubt that DayZ takes place in the past.

I don't see any problem with grenade launchers as long as they're rare. Grenade launchers are the kind of thing that the military would use in this situation.

The only kind of weapons that I don't think belong in DayZ are high powered sniper rifles.

Why not ? Sniper rifles should be extremely rare but they definitely have to be in the game. 

I whish they release defecation soon.

Most likely they won't do that at all.