Lauch

confirmed new stuff in exp. 46.

I don't see any problem with high powered sniper rifles as long as they're rare. high powered sniper rifles are the kind of thing that the military would use in this situation.

There is no such thing as rare in game like DayZ.

Having sniper rifle "rare" will mean that legit players will be having hard time counter sniping game exploiters.

Having "rare" military guns means that legit, casual players will be slaughtered by game exploiting PvPers.

• Like 7

Demolition purposes ;)

for breaking into a stash or barricaded building? for me personally, it does not fit into the theme and seems very over powered. But we will see, yeah.

Also- off topic but had a chuckle at your name- I think they are wasting a ton of money digging up a dead relic and Peter Soulsby is a real noob.(im from leicester.)

• Like 1

Well correct me if i am wrong... but i have been trying to keep a follow of this game and its self destructive community... but throughout these forums and Reddit I see a 'common' opinion that there is far too much guns , ammo and fatal weaponary added already..Probably part of the Alpha process (chuck everything in to check it works?) i thought the masses actually wanted less weapons. I didn't once read anyone ask for a grenade., or launcher. There is probably a whole list of items i could read to you that have been requested more times than a grenade. Also what use is a grenade launcher? The zombies all die from one single bullet to the foot, they dont require explosives. What situation was the grenade launcher added for ? Simply another 'pvp' tool,. and a very dangerous one with the amount of pyschopathic dupers.

Please can we have...

-Non fatal weaponary

-Distractive devices (Firecrackers etc)

-More things to encourage co-operation and helping each other, rather than blowing each other up

Although you are correct with many people wanting NOTHING but civilian weaponry , I think you're underestimating the huge group of people (myself included ) that wanted some dangerous weaponry like grenades , maybe not a launcher but definitely grenades and land mines (which would be incredibly rare) mixed with a huge majority of civilian like weapons ..

I feel if we only had Civilian rifles (and the autos we have now m4/akm) people with m4s and Akms would be too overpowered , so in my opinion adding a grenade is an amazing option to take out camping m4 weilders..... And to also take out hordes of zombies when zombies get better and more plentiful .

• Like 2

I don't see any problem with grenade launchers as long as they're rare. Grenade launchers are the kind of thing that the military would use in this situation.

The only kind of weapons that I don't think belong in DayZ are high powered sniper rifles.

So you are OK with the military using grenade launchers but not sniper rifles?? A TRUE high powered sniper rifle belongs in the game as much as a grenade or grenade launcher as all 3 are military staples.

• Like 1

i would have though a unstable country like chernarus would have had a RPG in almost every home .... ya know cause whenever you see 3 or more people holding AK's there is a dude with a RPG 

I don't think we should be encouraging players to work together. As said multiple times if everyone worked together you'd just be killing zombies which would be boring, this isn't a co-op game. Let people play how the F they want to play, if they want to kill you, let them and defend yourself, don't moan because too many people aren't friendly, because that's not how the world works.

Where did you special people get the idea of non-dangerous weaponry, and WTF is non-fatal weaponry?  What purpose would it serve besides trolling people?

Frosti,  I don't think you know what exploiting means.  If it is in the game, it is not an exploit. 

What is a legit player anyway? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Where did you special people get the idea of non-dangerous weaponry, and WTF is non-fatal weaponry?  What purpose would it serve besides trolling people?

Well you see even in the DayZ mod not everyone was KoSer and those people had hero skins and KoSers had bandit skins.

In Standalone there is no humanity system but people who would like to not KoS play it, but they do not want to be bullet sponge.

So those people would like to have a taser gun, this rifle with sleeping dart that is used on animals etc. that's the non-lethal weaponry.

• Like 1

Although you are correct with many people wanting NOTHING but civilian weaponry , I think you're underestimating the huge group of people (myself included ) that wanted some dangerous weaponry like grenades , maybe not a launcher but definitely grenades and land mines (which would be incredibly rare) mixed with a huge majority of civilian like weapons ..

I feel if we only had Civilian rifles (and the autos we have now m4/akm) people with m4s and Akms would be too overpowered , so in my opinion adding a grenade is an amazing option to take out camping m4 weilders..... And to also take out hordes of zombies when zombies get better and more plentiful .

sounds good when you say it like that, I just hope that it doesn't become an item everyone has in the backpack, it could be a bit annoying people throwing them indoors but I guess they would ruin all the gear anyway

The simple conundrum with making rare high-end weapons in a game like DayZ is this:

The more rare a weapon is, the harder it is to defend against. 

What Frosti points out is true in every way. If you make items super rare, those who exploit the game by things like renting a server and resetting it over and over again until they find the loot they seek that others can rarely have the chance of finding, then those people who are exploiting the game have an unfair advantage over others playing fairly.. even if they are server hopping it is still exploiting something that not every player even realizes exists as an option. The mere act of making items very rare encourages players to exploit the system, causing a fracture in the player base between those that exploit and those that do not. Its not unique to any game, eventually every PvP game will be affected by this. Cheating is universal. But the way to combat it is to not make items so rare, and those that are rare are not OP against other players. Rare items should be things like Axes, and Gas Stoves. Things that make survival easier, but do not make killing easier. If you make weapons prevalent, but using them a severe risk (as in attracting zeds/players by firing your weapon, etc..) then you offer a level playing field as far as self-defense goes. I know this may not be a popular concept, but there is a certain amount of thought necessary to realize what will happen if certain things are done with this game. We have clarified some of it here, but there is much left untouched. I invite you to think about it, and come to your own conclusions about what rare and powerful weapons/vehicles/loot will do to the end game and how it will affect the casual player, the hardcore player, and those that choose to exploit the mechanics of the game to gain an advantage. Then come back and respond with your ideas.. I'd love to hear what each of you think as some of you out there are geniuses and I mean that. 

Discuss ;)

Edited by lrish
  • Like 2

Frosti,  I don't think you know what exploiting means.  If it is in the game, it is not an exploit. 

An exploit is something that is in the game being used in ways it was not intended to by the developers. So your explanation doesn't make any sense.

Note that I am not taking sides in this discussion because I am not entirely sure what it is about, but I could simply not let your comment stand at that.

• Like 3

Well you see even in the DayZ mod not everyone was KoSer and those people had hero skins and KoSers had bandit skins.

In Standalone there is no humanity system but people who would like to not KoS play it, but they do not want to be bullet sponge.

So those people would like to have a taser gun, this rifle with sleeping dart that is used on animals etc. that's the non-lethal weaponry.

And how exactly do you plan on charging said Taser?  A tranquilizer gun, and darts would be just as uncommon in this part of the world as a .50 caliber sniper rifle.  Grenades and other explosives, not so much.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think this game needs tons of military-grade weaponry, but to say that their existence will only be used by 'bad' players in exploitative ways is just wrong.  Hopefully there will come a day when even the naysayers will want that grenade as a horde of zombies corners them in a building. :) :)

Grenades are fun, is all I'm saying.  Thermal scopes,  NVGs, and high powered sniper rifles are another thing, and I am sure they will be a non-issue when the game rolls out.

EDIT: @Badash, yeah it is an over simplification.  I just think it's silly to not include things in the game because they might get used in ways that other players don't like.  That's the thing, it's not like Dayz developers have any intended uses for the things they include.  That is the nature of a multi-player sandbox.  Here's the game and do what you will with it.

KOS is just a symptom of an incomplete game, there is just simply not much to do for the average player to do.  Most people just don't like exploring the game for what it is.  I am not one of those folks, but meh, to each their own. 

That is how you play DayZ!!

Edited by AlfalphaCat
  • Like 1

A reminder for one or two on last page : keep on topic please.

Edited by Sula

@AlfalphaCat

Well I think you may be right that tranqualizer gun and taser would rather not be present in the Chernorus in the time (80's) that game takes place. Other then that it would be kinda immersion breaking too.

for breaking into a stash or barricaded building? for me personally, it does not fit into the theme and seems very over powered. But we will see, yeah.

Also- off topic but had a chuckle at your name- I think they are wasting a ton of money digging up a dead relic and Peter Soulsby is a real noob.(im from leicester.)

Yes mate, they certainly are! But then they'd only waste double the massive amount of cash they already throw at digging up the roads anyway haha !

As for grenades and launchers, I was thinking of a way to get campers out of buildings and also for if and when they add wandering hoards of zombies or something like that. Would be ace to lob a grenade into a herd and watch them all fly ;)

• Like 1

As for grenades and launchers, I was thinking of a way to get campers out of buildings

Good to remove firestation roof camper on NWAF.

• Like 1

The thread title is a bit misleading. "Confirmed" means just that: it's certain, it has been verified. Then you go on to list all this stuff that probably isn't even in the game and hasn't been confirmed  :rolleyes:

Sooooo as per the OP, are there now two new towns? I'm confused. He circled two places on the map, but I only see parts of one town and the language being used doesn't make any sense.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 2

Not a big fan of stuff like grenade launchers.  :/

• Like 4

I'm not againt GL, provided that the accuracy is more realistic than in Call of Duty.

• Like 1

The thread title is a bit misleading. "Confirmed" means just that: it's certain, it has been verified. Then you go on to list all this stuff that probably isn't even in the game and hasn't been confirmed  :rolleyes:

Sooooo as per the OP, are there now two new towns? I'm confused. He circled two places on the map, but I only see parts of one town and the language being used doesn't make any sense.

ouh i get it.. first picture is "before"

second one shows like it is now, but no zombie/loot spawns.

third picture shows name of town.

fourth is how it is, empty like before and now.

i used dayztv.com as source they call it confirmed... copy and paste my friend. 

Edited by Lauch

So you are OK with the military using grenade launchers but not sniper rifles?? A TRUE high powered sniper rifle belongs in the game as much as a grenade or grenade launcher as all 3 are military staples.

Not really.

I mean the place that you'd find things like this in Chernarus would be the heli crash sites and maybe it's just me but I don't think I'd arm my men with sniper rifles to deal with large groups of fast moving infected, would you? Seems like a grenade launcher or LMG would fit the bill much better...

Edited by Mos1ey

One thing I noticed on .46 last night - zeds will now follow you upstairs.  All the way to the top of a building, not just the 1st floor, so don't think you've left them behind when you run upstairs to camp a window.

Ahhhh yiss 40mm nade launchers.

Hope they go the extra mile and allow you to fire them in both the normal way using the leaflet optics and in high angle kneed position as a short range mortar.

As far as ammo this is one area I don't mind if they interchange the US made and Russian made ammo yes they are vastly different but performance wise they function the same.

• Like 1

I need nades to clear out campers. Sorry hippies :D Please note that the vast majority of pvp oriented squads stay away from this parcifist forum. And such people always wanted grenades. 

Anyway, Irish/Frosti have a point concerning weaponrarity. I'm afraid the dupers will throw out nades like insane. Yesterday it took us hours until we found a nade at the NWA. We found it on another guys body, not even on a lootspawn anywhere. 

• Like 1

So has anyone found a tent yet? Is it persistent? Can you store things in it? Sleep in it?