SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.46 Discussion

Tomorrow according to Dean Hall`s tweet. Server Perf. updates 64bit maybe :P

https://twitter.com/rocket2guns

Anyone know wats going on with 360 controller support ?? yes i use a pad & you use a K&B iam happy for you.

Thank you :) I was just wondering since .46 is on stable now

just in case that i had to guess, i would say:

• more slots per server
  • more zombies per server
  • more loot per sever
  • loot respawn

AND

• desync & rubberbanding

I would like to see more slots per server. 40 is still too few -- I can run around for hours in a full server in well-traveled places and never see anyone.

I would like to see more slots per server. 40 is still too few -- I can run around for hours in a full server in well-traveled places and never see anyone.

He says tomorrow is server performance related.. server performance can but not necessarily equate to player counts up to 100. :)

He says tomorrow is server performance related.. server performance can but not necessarily equate to player counts up to 100. :)

i may misunderstood dean, but i understood it as:

more daring changes, cuz of new server performance

i may misunderstood dean, but i understood it as:

more daring changes, cuz of new server performance

Where is this quote from Rocket so we may all form our own theory of what it means! We shall all be Philosophers and prophets!

Where is this quote from Rocket so we may all form our own theory of what it means! We shall all be Philosophers and prophets!

SCROLL.

UP.

:)

• Like 1

is this new? i.e. footprints

watch this vid from about 2:30 on

Or have I only noticed these 350 hours later?!

I guess you're late to the party

this! :)

they probably in since alpha launch - but if iam right, they only appear on streets and last not longer then 1-2 seconds.

Edited by Guest

I guess you're late to the party

are they a graphics setting? I notice some other youtubes don't have them.

they probably in since alpha launch - but if iam right, they only appear on streets and last not longer then 1-2 seconds.

I totally thought it was the beginning of blood tracks.

Amazed I'd never noticed them in game or on yt. Bizarre! Cheers

Really? I can't say I've ever seen em before, though I haven't played much in the last month. Other than that, I haven't been able to find any new zombie animation as reported in the stable changelog.

Edited by solodude23

Server performance would need increased for 40 before adding more players ie 100

Id say it will be re-spawning loot and re-spawning Zeds

I have noticed that my character leaves footprints on roads 470 hours later..

professor-farnsworth.jpg

Edited by Guest

Won't server restarting be unnecessary, to an extent of course except for weekly maintenance or whatever. But it would be made redundant as soon as loot respawn happens, which I believe is a thing when they get 64bit servers going?

Won't server restarting be unnecessary, to an extent of course except for weekly maintenance or whatever. But it would be made redundant as soon as loot respawn happens, which I believe is a thing when they get 64bit servers going?

At least in the mod, server restarts were required because the db would get clogged up and slow the longer the server ran

What about air raid sirens in every village or city 5 minutes before restart? Wouldn't this be better for the atmosphere of the game?

• Like 2

In SA it's "needed" for loot respawn, in the mod it was needed because the server code was leaky and needed it just to avoid it slowing to a crawl.

What about air raid sirens in every village or city 5 minutes before restart? Wouldn't this be better for the atmosphere of the game?

It would be a lovely idea. Not sure it actually makes sense (the speakers have power? and if so, who is triggering the sound?) but it would add to the eeriness of it all. Would be quite fun if you were to hear it in the distance from a town a wee bit away.

In SA it's "needed" for loot respawn, in the mod it was needed because the server code was leaky and needed it just to avoid it slowing to a crawl.

It would be a lovely idea. Not sure it actually makes sense (the speakers have power? and if so, who is triggering the sound?) but it would add to the eeriness of it all. Would be quite fun if you were to hear it in the distance from a town a wee bit away. 

It could be triggered by an admin message. Where  I come from every village had at least one of them.  I think I saw them ingame on top of the firestations. This things are Very loud, so I guess there are very few spots on the map where you couldn't hear them.  ;) This sirens can also be used without electricity.

Edited by Agilov

I usually play on a server that has MOTD and recurring global messages that link you to their website, so I guess you could schedule a global message right before every restart

Loot respawn is not supposed to be based entirely on restarts, Dean wants map divided in parts which will spawn loot after set time of a certain part being empty(without players). That will reduce the restarts to like wednesday maintenance or something. At least that is my understanding of what ive gathered so far ...