SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.46 Discussion

Senchi talked about commiting a new city west to Novo before going to a 4 week vacation tomorrow...

As per title, my game is updating now...

Any ideas of whats in, or are we just looking and finding out ourselves :)

Merged

OK can confirm there is no more crazy "shaky cam" with LRS. the sway is smooth and relatively natural feeling.

edit: dammit I forgot to fire the damn thing to see if bullet impacts are showing at range again...

the other edit: OK so I went and shot the thing and I get dust at around 800 meters (gees I forgot how log it takes a bullet to travel that far...)

all I can say is WOOT!

Edited by Elle
  • Like 1

My steam just auto downloaded a 540mb experimental patch. Does anyone know whats in this one?!? :P (More fish I hope!)

There needs to be some major changes this update like at least zombie pathfinding.... but knowing them it will probably just be a new weapon and some new clothes...

Edited by Andromeda

There better be some major changes this update like at least zombie pathfinding.... but knowing them it will probably just be a new weapon and some new clothes...

It's been less than two weeks since the last patch. Don't put your panties in a twist.

• Like 4

There better be some major changes this update like at least zombie pathfinding.... but knowing them it will probably just be a new weapon and some new clothes...

"There better be"? Spoken like someone who pretends to hold authority.

Well there's not, so what now?

"There better be"? Spoken like someone who pretends to hold authority.

Well there's not, so what now?

So now everyone keeps playing dayz mod instead of standalone like usual.

It's been less than two weeks since the last patch. Don't put your panties in a twist.

Last patch was mostly anti cheat.... so it's been over a month since a major patch.

Edited by Andromeda

OK can confirm there is no more crazy "shaky cam" with LRS. the sway is smooth and relatively natural feeling.

edit: dammit I forgot to fire the damn thing to see if bullet impacts are showing at range again...

the other edit: OK so I went and shot the thing and I get dust at around 800 meters (gees I forgot how log it takes a bullet to travel that far...)

all I can say is WOOT!

Smoke of crashed helis is also visible from ~800 meters

• Like 3

Mp5 confirmed and flashbang too!! I found this on reddit.

http://imgur.com/a/E7XH5  MP5 images

kMWn8gl.jpg

Excuse while I wipe the drool off my hardwood floors.....

• Like 1

Getting "DayZ has stopped working" again when reconnecting after server restarts/session lost

Smoke of crashed helis is also visible from ~800 meters

that's awesome news :)

Anyone else having a problem with their melee attacks? Took one swing at a zombie, then my axe and fists refused to work. My sidearm fired well enough.. in the tents at NWAF. I ran like a bitch.

Mother of God.. I thought this would be a simple patch with maybe a town in it. 

o.O ..must resist ignoring responsibilities to play all day! 

Getting "DayZ has stopped working" again when reconnecting after server restarts/session lost

Same here.

Anyone else having a problem with their melee attacks? Took one swing at a zombie, then my axe and fists refused to work. My sidearm fired well enough.. in the tents at NWAF. I ran like a bitch.

And same here.

Blue color in invetory still here, crashes still here, zombie going through walls.

And its supposed to be just "bug fixes" update.

Same here.

And same here.

Blue color in invetory still here, crashes still here, zombie going through walls.

And its supposed to be just "bug fixes" update.

I havent had this problem. Melee works just fine for me. maybe desync?

We are aware of this problem and it's being looked into. Sorry for the inconvenience, friend.

Mother of God.. I thought this would be a simple patch with maybe a town in it. 

o.O ..must resist ignoring responsibilities to play all day! 

No.. you mustn't! >:(

• Like 2

Also, minor bug. I have a badly damaged LRS, and when i look through it, it shows no signs of damage. not a crack, scratch, not a cloudy lens. 

• Like 2

Also, minor bug. I have a badly damaged LRS, and when i look through it, it shows no signs of damage. not a crack, scratch, not a cloudy lens. 

..Placeholder.

;) lol, j/k

• Like 1

We are aware of this problem and it's being looked into. Sorry for the inconvenience, friend.

Ah, thank you good sir. My FNX will serve me well enough for now.

So the frag granade has a placeholder explosion effect of gas station and flashbang has placeholder effect of? Sun?

• Like 2

This update has made the melee glitch worse, punched a zombie twice and i was unable to melee attack again until i relaunched the game...

EDIT: Just read a post about this already, disregard this

Edited by Aj90lfc