SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.46 Discussion

Has anyone else noticed that when you walk left while aiming through a LRS that it is 100% steady and has no sway whatsoever? 

Yes, this...exploit (?) /feature is already in use by PvPers even on stable servers. This trick to remove sway works even when you don't use optics.

• Like 1

Looks like weapon sway is turned off completly now on experimentals.

Nope, not turned off but greatly reduced.

Edited by Frosti
  • Like 1

Shotgun still only putting one pellet hole on a wall for me. Or did they purposely change all the buckshot to slugs for some reason?

That's what we're trying to understand here...

Same for me, as I posted yesterday, but I don't understand if Accolyte is saying that this is how it is supposed to be or if he didn't understand what we were underlining (because he talked about damage, wich is not the point). I'm not a native english speaker so I can lack of proper explanation sometimes, or maybe he read only the other posts.

Maybe somebody could quote him so that he can come here and give us a clearer answer (if he has one)

Btw he's giving a great support to this community.

Anyway, the pellet description says 9, and before it shot 9...now is 1, that's for sure.

• Like 1

Anybody else notice that they've begun filling in all the previously "blank" areas of pavement and roads along the northern highway? From (111 010) to about (101 012) along the main road they've added all kinds of filler.

Just seems to be the expansion of Novo, it's turning into a great town to be at. When it's "finished" I can see it ending up the most popular town in the game.

Looks like weapon sway is turned off completly now on experimentals.

Nope, not turned off but greatly reduced.

When playing on experimental the other day I found the sway was bad while I could hear my breathing, once that dissipated the sway followed suit,

• Like 1

Aye, this needs to be implemented. This is one of my main concerns with playing experimental atm.

Just seems to be the expansion of Novo, it's turning into a great town to be at. When it's "finished" I can see it ending up the most popular town in the game.

Some of it is indeed the city being expanded, but some of it is well beyond what I would consider city limits. Maybe they'll just keep moving westward and adding along as they go? I can't wait to see what they do with the junction of roads just above Gvozdno.

Would be nice to see at least one real military base in the East, maybe a navy/marine barracks in Svetlo, they are all now West with the devolvement of NEAF.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 2

Would be nice to see at least one real military base in the East, maybe a navy/marine barracks in Svetlo, they are all now West with the devolvement of NEAF.

It could even be separate, above it around (151 015).

• Like 1

Would be nice to see at least one real military base in the East, maybe a navy/marine barracks in Svetlo, they are all now West with the devolvement of NEAF.

You know, a marine base could be really awesome.

My PC is overheating or everyone else are expirencing game crashing more then usual?

• Like 3

My PC is overheating or everyone else are expirencing game crashing more then usual?

It's not your PC, for some reason the game crash every 2-3h of playin

Edited by Guest

With police stations in almost every medium to large sized town I honestly don't think there is a need for a military base anywhere on the map. After all weapons are now very easy to get hold of.

Same for me, as I posted yesterday, but I don't understand if Accolyte is saying that this is how it is supposed to be or if he didn't understand what we were underlining (because he talked about damage, wich is not the point). I'm not a native english speaker so I can lack of proper explanation sometimes, or maybe he read only the other posts.

Yes, I was mainly talking about damage, because I was seeing a lot of complaints about the damage being way too low. I will have to look into the single pellet thing a bit more on Monday. The last week was a bit crazy and I was jumping from one thing to another so I was losing a bit of focus. I even promised to look at someone's FT issues on Friday and totally forgot to do that (sorry if you're reading this dude). So yeah. I'll try to get back to you on this on Monday.

• Like 10

Yes, I was mainly talking about damage, because I was seeing a lot of complaints about the damage being way too low. I will have to look into the single pellet thing a bit more on Monday. The last week was a bit crazy and I was jumping from one thing to another so I was losing a bit of focus. I even promised to look at someone's FT issues on Friday and totally forgot to do that (sorry if you're reading this dude). So yeah. I'll try to get back to you on this on Monday.

There are rumors that is not the weapon damage itself but damage absorbtion of items (clothes) that is bugged and works too good.

If they added just one, new naval ship that appeared to have been overrun in dock at Svetlo.. that would be amazing :D

18p2vjotpdj0hjpg.jpg

.. a sub would be really fucking cool.

Use the periscope while inside.. huge risk going into and coming out of.. tight, cqc interior. Nightmare to loot on full server o.O

Hey Dean, do it meow. 

Edited by lrish

If they added just one, new naval ship that appeared to have been overrun in dock at Svetlo.. that would be amazing :D

18p2vjotpdj0hjpg.jpg

Use the periscope while inside.. huge risk going into and coming out of.. tight, cqc interior. Nightmare to loot on full server o.O

Hey Dean, do it meow. 

which loot shoud it contain? ak's n milgear?

so every bambi can direct serverjump to get endgear for berenzino pvp deathmatch action?

cool!? i dont think so...maybe only for environment

Edited by quantum2k6
  • Like 3

yes true  but  we need this on all servers !!   i have lost so many lives and items on server restart.     in the middle of the town server go down - you come new in the game all zombis live  you stand in the middle of the street- 3 zombis punch you und you can made nothing - you have a timer or a please wait screen.................. you cooking and all is lost ... you drop your main weapons  looting day and  - lost ..... server restart ............

5 minutes for restart a red stripe at the upper edge with a restart timer !  so you have time to go out the danger zones or save your cooked meet from fire....

>> not only a small message in the chat << in danger you have no eye for 4 sec massage in the chat !

i forgot the server name  many times - when we can see the server name when we press > P < that's where a fine thing too 

Making my eyes hurt with all dem colors. Also, when making the server scheduler global BEC messages you cannot change anything on them but the Loop, Message, Days they show up, If their Direct, Side, or Global.

Hey Dean, do it meow. 

I see one small problem: there would be people complaining that they can't drive the sub :p

• Like 1

which loot shoud it contain? ak's n milgear?

so every bambi can direct serverjump to get endgear for berenzino pvp deathmatch action?

cool!? i dont think so...maybe only for environment

Not if it was overrun to the point where you need a group of people with guns to clear it.

More ships would be awesome I recently explored an island that had a sunken ship on the side. Nothing. Not even a hat.

At least give us some novelty items like a pirate hat for exploring the land they've created.

Then you could see another fellow explorer and be like PIRATE BRO'S FOREVER BRO.

• Like 1

which loot shoud it contain? ak's n milgear? No. Maybe uniforms, medical gear, food and other random items of necessity. Not weapons, implausible. 

Again, no. Its not like players dont already do this for loot locations as simple as the Piano House... 1 more spot is not reason to not add them in at all.

cool!? i dont think so...maybe only for environment If you dont think its cool, then maybe you know.. dont respond? Thanks. 

Picardism. 

Edited by lrish

When playing on experimental the other day I found the sway was bad while I could hear my breathing, once that dissipated the sway followed suit,

Thats how it seems to be for me as well.

They just need to make the sway a bit smoother and less jerky.

But my 20fps in cites cant help much in that area either.

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83

Like I said. The damage seems to be what one would expect from a shotgun. We're thorough, we test a lot of different scenarios. They all checked out.

I agree the damage matrix you guys have come up with; it is outstanding pretty much across the board. 

I think the damage the full length shotgun delivers is balanced well with respect to the damage a real shotgun firing 00 buck delivers, and the sawed off damage matrix is very accurate with respect to the the real world model as well.

A single .33inch 00 spherical pellet delivers approximately  135 ft-lbs of energy at the muzzle and nine of them deliver ~1215 foot pounds of energy assuming a 1200 fps Muzzle velocity. However a sawed off shotgun firing 00 buckshot might at best deliver 75 foot pounds of energy per pellet at the Muzzle and 675 foot pounds for the entire pattern. And at 50 yards a pellet from a full length shotgun will deliver 106 foot pounds of energy and a pellet from a sawed off will deliver 67 foot pounds of energy and that breaks down to just  954 and 603 foot pounds of energy for an entire pattern respectively. When I hear the term Nerffed shotgun I always laugh and say "contrast the actual terminal ballistic performance of a shotgun pattern with the base line performance of the 7.62 x 39mm or 5.56mm of ~1150 to 1200 foot pounds of energy at 100 meters and the 7.62 x 54Rs with its devastating 2272 foot pounds of energy at 100 meters.

Note: and another fact of which you guys are obviously aware is that hitting someone with all 9  pellets at anything beyond 25 meters is the exception and not the rule and soft 00 lead balls don't penetrate for shit as their low cross sectional density mandates. 

I think the damage delivery matrix you guys have come up with for every ammo/weapon type is well thought out and a close analog to real life. Well done and keep up the good work. ..YOU HAVE MY BEANS  

Note: I simply can't wait for my survivor to get his hands on an SVD and a half a dozen ten round magazines.

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 1

jumped off the top of the town hall in the new capital took no damage at all so did it 2 more times with running jumps and still no damage ..... jumped over a set of stairs on the sidewalk broken legs ...so im assuming the new town hall is the issue