jamiereid_wow@hotmail.co.uk

Has Anyone Else lost Faith in Dayz?

Just forget the game and revisit it in a year :) i dont play much atm just to find some bugs. With the mod bugs were final, but

now we can submit them to make sure the team is working on a fix, so for me personally, DayZ is going to be a really big thing,

and it will be a big topic in game history.

a already broken alpha.

Does anyone else see the irony in this?

• Like 2

I just want them to put our tents in the game so I can loot again. I wonder what's the hold up on that?

I just want them to put our tents in the game so I can loot again. I wonder what's the hold up on that?

Which part about tents not being in the game prevents you from looting?

Which part about tents not being in the game prevents you from looting?

The part where I can make a tent to put my supplies

The part where I can make a tent to put my supplies

That's called storing, not looting.

• Like 1

I think some people look at "stable" as the benchmark of what will make it to full release. Have to understand even everything in the stable build isnt going to be how it is come beta. And once we are in beta, everything that happens in beta isnt going to be how it is come full release.

As far as faith in the game goes? I still enjoying it while taking a break every now and then til more is released. Im in no rush. I already played more and enjoyed it more than enough for the amount that I paid for the game.

Edited by cels

Faith?

Since when does DayZ require faith? I mean its hands down the best mod to ever hit PC gaming.. BIS is not known for dropping their community.. 

I dont understand why some people even bother with video games these days. I really dont. 

• Like 3

Faith?

Since when does DayZ require faith? I mean its hands down the best mod to ever hit PC gaming.. BIS is not known for dropping their community.. 

I dont understand why some people even bother with video games these days. I really dont. 

But George Michael says "You've gotta have faith!!"

• Like 1

So like most of you I was pretty excited about the 0.45 patch hitting stable servers; and like some of you I played it on experimental a while back for 3 days to experience the new content. Needless to say the experiental was rife with issues that lower the quality of the experience; the constant dysnc being the main problem; but that was fine tbh. It was experimental after all and these things are expected. I had a good time and the game felt a little closer to that Dayz magic we loved from the mod some years ago.

What really disappointed me today after playing stable to experience the new content was the lack of any changes made to patch before it was released on stable servers. The dsync is still a big issue, and after 2 hours it just got to the point where I wasn't sure why I was continuing to play this game. If i didn't know any better I would assume no attempt to correct some of the known issues about the patch have been made to the content in the month or so it has been available on experimental. It's as if they knew the dsync would continue to be a game breaking issue but decided to push it on to stable servers anyway. i just don't see the logic in that. This combined with issues that have plagued the game since the mod; such as zeds spotting you when you know the really shouldn't or landing a hit on you when again you know it was an impossibility. These are problems that are over 2 years old yet here we are still experiencing them. 2 years on and im still getting hit by a zombie through the floor of the room below.

Does anyone honestly believe the 2 zed issue's I just mentioned will ever be fixed?

A better question would be do you believe the developers even know how to fix them?

I just feel like Dayz will always feel like modules that has been glued together and will play as smoothly as something can that has been given that design approach; instead of content that fits together as a jigsaw puzzle that was designed so each piece fits together perfectly without breaking the surrounding pieces it touches. When more new content is added I now ask myself what the colateral damage will be to the entire game structure.

We all know when new content/code is added to a game, it is innevitable that it will conflict with the existing material, and thus unforeseen bugs/glitches occur. I just feel that perhaps due to the nature of the the core mechanics that govern the sturcture of the game; the new pieces that are added will never truely fit.

Anyone else losing faith, or do you think the game will one day run as smoothly as we hope in all the key areas; old and new?

Im very worried about the impact of adding vehicles will have to quality of a already broken alpha.

(p.s. - I know its alpha, please don't start with that. I want to see the game succeed in terms of critical reception as much as the rest of you and the Dayz team) 

You will only lose faith if you have little patience. If this game was funded on its own and kept as a development releasing only screenshots and videos you would have nothing to complain about. Whether you like it or not, you are an unpaid beta tester that paid a small fee to have the privelige. If you hav lost faith. Uninstall Dayz and come back next year to see whats new

I bought alpha on day 1 expecting to take poitn in bug testing what would become the refined interation of the official MOD. Optimized and bug-fixed and released as a polished standalone release.

Every change, design decision, etc that takes us further away from the mod's games play makes me hate the SA that much more.

• I didnt want a new map or more cities. infact i hate the new cities.
  • I didnt want nerf guns that have huge dispersion cones. A2's weapons were 100% acceptable and could have been directly ported As-Is with no issue. infact that would have been preferable.
  • I Hate, spit on, and revile this attachment system that effect the mechanical behavior of weapons like an arcade FPS.

they should have simply refined the MOD, as it was, optimized it and stripped out all the stuff not needed for dayZ; Brought in an in depth medical system and added complex base construction similar to Epoch or Rust which involves crafting things into subsequently bigger components. I was expecting the gameplay that kept me going for 40hr benders almost every weekend thru the life of the mod (and still on the mod now)

• Like 1

Faith?

He was probably referring to the Devs. Why dont you peel back the onion a little bit?

I'm one of the people that enjoys SA for exactly what it is now, and that it is very different from the mod. The mod cannot possibly capture the terrifying feeling of loneliness in an unforgiving environment that SA does. There is nothing equal in all of gaming, at least that I have come across. I've never had a game make me feel like I shouldn't be playing because my heart physically might not be strong enough. Have I lost faith in DayZ? If there were no more updates, I would be perfectly content with exactly what Dayz SA is right now, with no hopes for any changes in the future. I love what it is now. I'm glad there are going to be vehicles and base building and all of the things that go along with that, but there is a huge part of me that does NOT want that. That part of me wants it to stay this way forever, with all of the bugs and glitches and lack of content. The simplicity and difficulty are what drives every feeling and emotion that I get from SA. I play alone because I have no friends. I am afraid when I play SA. When I play the mod it's just Wasteland with zombies to me. It could not ever live up to everything I have felt in the four months that I have been playing this game. I will embrace change, but in no way will I ever forget what this game is and what feelings it has inspired in me. 

I laugh when I see threads like this and hope that the negative users and their cancerous attitudes uninstall and quit for a long time to come, or permanently for all I care. In my estimation and observation, for every user that is dissatisfied with what this game is and is becoming, there are 10 more users who enjoy this game for what it is and are enjoying most every phase of the development process. That includes the patches that introduce new bugs or experimental features that will be tweaked/improved/deleted before it reaches beta. Please kindly uninstall, the user base will not miss you. 

Edited by d0wnside

I can say I kinda have lost faith, the stupid character database issue has stopped me from playing since .45 got rolled out and there's still been no fix.

I bought alpha on day 1 expecting to take poitn in bug testing what would become the refined interation of the official MOD. Optimized and bug-fixed and released as a polished standalone release.

Every change, design decision, etc that takes us further away from the mod's games play makes me hate the SA that much more.

• I didnt want a new map or more cities. infact i hate the new cities.
  • I didnt want nerf guns that have huge dispersion cones. A2's weapons were 100% acceptable and could have been directly ported As-Is with no issue. infact that would have been preferable.
  • I Hate, spit on, and revile this attachment system that effect the mechanical behavior of weapons like an arcade FPS.

they should have simply refined the MOD, as it was, optimized it and stripped out all the stuff not needed for dayZ; Brought in an in depth medical system and added complex base construction similar to Epoch or Rust which involves crafting things into subsequently bigger components. I was expecting the gameplay that kept me going for 40hr benders almost every weekend thru the life of the mod (and still on the mod now)

Heartfelt honest post.

However my analysis is you take this shit too seriously mano...  relax :)

• Like 1

Heartfelt honest post.

However my analysis is you take this shit too seriously mano...  relax :)

more people need to take poor development decisions seriously. mabe half the garbage pedelling developers out there would go under if more people were as critical rather then just accepting it. bad design and bad decisons need to be called out and ripped apart for all to citicize at every possibility.

more people need to take poor development decisions seriously. mabe half the garbage pedelling developers out there would go under if more people were as critical rather then just accepting it. bad design and bad decisons need to be called out and ripped apart for all to citicize at every possibility.

Then leave.  You hate the devs and the game so much that all you do is post garbage on these forums.  You aren't needed here :)

Then leave.  You hate the devs and the game so much that all you do is post garbage on these forums.  You aren't needed here :)

ciritcs are needed. blind loyalty to brands and devs is what results in wattered down rubbish flooding the market.

I will stay

I will call out every decision i dislike

I will write long posts explining why i dislike/hate that decision and explain why i feel its bad for the game

Because i actually HOPE they will wake up and make something GOOD.

No you don't.  All you do is bitch and moan like a little kid who isn't getting his way.  Grow up and accept the fact you should not have bought the "Early Access Alpha" because you obviously don't know how to treat it as such.

• Like 1

ciritcs are needed. blind loyalty to brands and devs is what results in wattered down rubbish flooding the market.

I will stay

I will call out every decision i dislike

I will write long posts explining why i dislike/hate that decision and explain why i feel its bad for the game

They don't give a shit what you wish for or how long your posts are, they are making the game they want to make, not the game you want them to make.

Edited by Martmital
  • Like 2

No you don't.  All you do is bitch and moan like a little kid who isn't getting his way.  Grow up and accept the fact you should not have bought the "Early Access Alpha" because you obviously don't know how to treat it as such.

Actually i do.

None of my posts are "x isnt done yet screw you rocket!!!!1111"

my "moaning" is all very valid complaints about design decisions/Gameplay decisions that i feel will hurt the game. Maybe you should spent less time whining about "whiners" and more time making valid complaints and suggestions in hopes of possible improvement.

ALPHA should be a testing and development phase, not a shut up and admire rocket phase. sitting quitely and waiting for developers to make more bad calls doesnt result in better products.

• Like 1

Stop arguing amongst yourselves, if you have lost faith in the game then fair be it, say what you have to say and move on.

Development is on-going, nothing is engraved in stone, anything could happen in the next half-hour.