kichilron

Stable Branch: 0.45 Discussion

I read the respawn/disconnect thing the other way .. to me it sounds like if you respawn, your character doesn't get saved when you disconnect. (rather than what most people think, that if you disconnect, your next character will not get saved).

It makes more sense that if you respawn, it doesn't get saved because it thinks you are on the same "life" that died ... but if you disconnect you should be safe because you are opening a new connection with servers/hive.

Has a dev clarified this anywhere?

Didn't read every comment but don't see alot of people talking about how "unstable" the stable patch is. I've never experienced Rubberbanding and server lag as I did last night, my whole team had to quit playin because it was so bad. Upvoted the bug ticket for it cause it's really bad.

Some bugs with this update (stuff disappearing, unsteady aim...), however the result is globally positive. 

I would go as far as to say it introduced a lot of bugs. This is actually inarguably the most buggy stable they have released so far.

But I agree with you that the features introduced in it makes this a very important patch, and as I don't take bugs in the game as a personal affront, unlike a vocal minority on this forum, and as I do posses a somewhat extensive experience of how program development works, I do not predict doom and disaster if, during some phases of development, it feels like they are taking 1 step back for every 2 steps forward.

• Like 1

I read the respawn/disconnect thing the other way .. to me it sounds like if you respawn, your character doesn't get saved when you disconnect.

You read it wrong.

This is a quote from the changelog:

Known Issues: Player's next character will not be saved into database if he disconnects after death

Edited by blaeZ

I read the respawn/disconnect thing the other way .. to me it sounds like if you respawn, your character doesn't get saved when you disconnect. (rather than what most people think, that if you disconnect, your next character will not get saved).

It makes more sense that if you respawn, it doesn't get saved because it thinks you are on the same "life" that died ... but if you disconnect you should be safe because you are opening a new connection with servers/hive.

If you disconnect directly after death, then spawn in a different server, you will lose that new character as soon as you disconnect again.

So yes, you should always respawn in the same server in which you died. If you want to leave, respawn first, then disconnect.

blaeZ is correct.

Always respawn before disconnecting until the issue is confirmed as fixed.

• Like 3

It may be working like that.  I had a hardcore character who got killed, I respawned played for a while on that server then decided to take a break maybe half hour to an hour later.  I logged back in where I logged out, then the game killed me, so I respawn again, die by fall then switch servers.  I played on the next server until I got the no message recieved message and went to a new server, where I had a fresh spawn.  I jumped to 2 other servers to see if it bugged out for a minute, which sometimes characters do, and now my hardcore character and normal character are one and the same.  

All the servers up to this point were hardcore servers.

So I play my normal character who is now on a hardcore server for a while, and log out in a random place I never log out in, then log onto my normal character and they log in right where I logged out on the hardcore server.  I tried again today and my hardcore character is still the normal character I play for a while use some cans of food and move around the inventory, grab a new gun, and log out.  I log in on the normal character again and he's in the spot I logged out with the hardcore character with the same gear as I had on the hardcore server.

So the moral of the story is... don't die!

Edited by ThePieKing
  • Like 1

Feel free to contribute in a nice and constructive manner. This isn't.

• Like 1

Seems like the melee system has been improved dramatically. My axe consistently lands where intended and zombies now go down in one well-placed strike.

Edited by blaeZ

Tell me, how could I have mannaged to down resolution to 320x200 just by changing overall quality to Normal? That's not normal! :D

35klqmr.jpgsompmh.jpg

Plus I get these error msgs after which it usualy crashes and resets my minion O.o 

http://i62.tinypic.com/1z333o7.jpg

Edited by 'twas

Seems like the melee system has been improved dramatically. My axe consistently lands where intended and zombies now go down in one well-placed strike.

It has. I could actually fight two zombies at the same time with the crowbar, and it just felt right.

Some bugs with this update (stuff disappearing, unsteady aim...), however the result is globally positive. 

Glad it's not just me

I'm pretty happy with the update although the guns are twitching on me when I aim down sight. Also had some serious lag earlier as I emptied a full AKM drum into the back of someone and they didn't die. I pressed r to reload and didn't have 4 empty slots so the drum disappeared. 

All in all pretty good

Come on guys, everyone who reads a little bit about the development knows that they are working on a completely new system for zed navigation. Why would they waste energy on fixing the existing system for zeds running through walls? It is not game and test breaking, so why waste devs in it?

Rubberbanding sucks, I admit that. It would be interesting to know if it is desync or the the server disagreeing with the client on where the player is thingy that was in experimental. Probably a mix out of both - who knows, maybe even other things as well. Either way rubberbanding seems to be different for player. Not as bad as in experimental, but still a big issue for me. I think for me it is mostly because of desync, because it often happens when the environment/inventory is also not responding.

I don't know if you remember but before the alpha was even released (like a full year) they were supposed to have this amazing system for zed tracking. 

I don't know if you remember but before the alpha was even released (like a full year) they were supposed to have this amazing system for zed tracking. 

True, then they announced that they were scrapping that system.

• Like 1

I've been looking for a knife to finish my hunting setup for like 2 days now (not much spawns up far north lol) since I found out that, kind of obviously, an axe can't gut and skin animals.

Just found an M4 Bayonet... I believe this is maybe classified in the game as a knife considering you can detach and melee wield it as a regular knife? I'm just wondering can anyone confirm whether it can be used as a hunting knife?

Also found 3 arrows FINALLY lol been looking for weeks! Can finally test out my bow+arrow hunting skillz once I find another ashwood. Does anyone know if the patch allows fired arrows to be picked back up? I don't remember seeing anything in the notes but might have missed it (or there seem to be quite a few changes that weren't in the notes anyhow).

Anyone else that wondered- I have confirmed the M9A1 Bayonet does indeed work as a skinning knife

Edited by zeeabo

Has any one noticed that it is virtually impossible to light fires outside? The match always seems to be blown out. I expect this is one of those little wrinkles that the devs add in to make things interesting. But EVERY match blows out?  In many years of lighting fires outdoors I have rarely needed more than 1 match regardless of the weather. So please Devs, a little moderation here, Thank you.

Also, just for the record, this is a game changing patch which I have looked forward to ever since I encountered it in Experimental and i am thoroughly enjoying it. For this I thank you too. 

• Like 2

Well, guys, I just don't know...

I have had 12 character resets, losing my stuff over..and over.. and OVER... ugnnnhh...

Fire would be nice but even inside houses there seems to be Wiiiiinnnd... Really?

Fishing? May be possible but not without finding a hook.

I have been playing for 10 hours today, and after all those crashes and resets and re-gearing frustration this gave me I am really not in the mood to test much further. I have been on regular, and I have been on Hardcore. I think I even was on a private hive for a while.

I tried to keep up with this thread since yesterday but have not been able to figure out why it keeps crashing so often, resetting virtually every time I either go the last played server or change to a different server after a 30 min. break, where I can find fishing hooks (industrial buildings? Tool sheds? Well, yeah, how many of the damn things do I have to go through?

If anyone can help me out here, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Edited by Demonica

Well, guys, I just don't know...

I have had 12 character resets, losing my stuff over..and over.. and OVER... ugnnnhh...

Fire would be nice but even inside houses there seems to be Wiiiiinnnd... Really?

Fishing? May be possible but not without finding a hook.

I have been playing for 10 hours today, and after all those crashes and resets and re-gearing frustration this gave me I am really not in the mood to test much further. I have been on regular, and I have been on Hardcore. I think I even was on a private hive for a while.

I tried to keep up with this thread since yesterday but have not been able to figure out why it keeps crashing so often, resetting virtually every time I either go the last played server or change to a different server after a 30 min. break, where I can find fishing hooks (industrial buildings? Tool sheds? Well, yeah, how many of the damn things do I have to go through?

If anyone can help me out here, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Same.  I kind of stopped playing for a bit because I can't seem to keep the same character.

Mhm.. is it just me or are there rarely AK attachments?

Went from NWAF to Balota ( everything unlooted, killed 2 @ balota + server restart) and back to Vybor base then to my brother again but the only thing we found was a PSO-1 scope. I have enough magazines, but those attachments really.. where are they?

Found 1-3, but all damaged :/

Edited by RoterBallon

Any advice as to why I am not seeing any of the new patch updates, i.e. every server I join that says is 0.45.124426 the NEAF remains the same with both jails still there. I was on experimental then opted out to see if that caused the issue but it didn't fix it. Just unsure as to why I can't see the new NEAF... Any advice? My game is up to date, last night I DL'ed both large updates as well.

Wow, server hopping is such a pain, huh? 

Obviously you only read the first 2 pages, not even going to bother explaining it to someone so ignorant. I love how the second you have gear everyone jumps on the "Server hop" bandwagon, what's so hard to believe about someone actually can survive for more than 4 hours and loot places safely because they actually pay attention to surroundings before proceeding to loot? Or is it simply because you can't survive and/or shoot straight so you die immediately no longer having gear?

Edited by Aj90lfc
  • Like 3

Any advice as to why I am not seeing any of the new patch updates, i.e. every server I join that says is 0.45.124426 the NEAF remains the same with both jails still there. I was on experimental then opted out to see if that caused the issue but it didn't fix it. Just unsure as to why I can't see the new NEAF... Any advice? My game is up to date, last night I DL'ed both large updates as well.

What do you mean by new NEAF? Nothing has changed to NEAF at all, there as a new city added but no one said anything about a new NEAF?

dude, the new neaf is on experimental, not on stable

What do you mean by new NEAF? Nothing has changed to NEAF at all, there as a new city added but no one said anything about a new NEAF?

NEAF is apparently supposed to change. Many saw that in the new experimental version, that has been online for few moments yesterday evening.

It looks like a civilian airport, you can look for the screenshots in the general discussion and in reddit.

Anyway atm the experimental download isn't possible, so you cannot see it on your own, we'll have to wait until (hopefully only) monday, when the experimental servers will go up and we'll know if it is true or just an error.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if the patch allows fired arrows to be picked back up? I don't remember seeing anything in the notes but might have missed it (or there seem to be quite a few changes that weren't in the notes anyhow).

Anyone else that wondered- I have confirmed the M9A1 Bayonet does indeed work as a skinning knife

Yes, you can retrieve fired arrows however, I have found it hard to remove arrows from tree trunks. You will need to chop down the tree. 

• Like 1

I just witnessed a zombie hunting a deer. Serverside AI FTW.

• Like 1