kichilron

Stable Branch: 0.45 Discussion

Rubberbanding was fixed, that was one of the main criteria for 0.45 to get moved to stabile :)

I thought the rubberbanding was due to the server capacity on experimental.. might be wrong though.

I thought the rubberbanding was due to the server capacity on experimental.. might be wrong though.

Rubberbanding had to be fixed before pushing to stable and it was the main reason why 0.45 was not pushed to stable at the end of the May.

Rubberbanding had to be fixed before pushing to stable and it was the main reason why 0.45 was not pushed to stable at the end of the May.

I stand corrected, I thought I have read that it was server related issue.

Performance in the game has dropped considerably for me. FPS is about the same but the game runs much more choppy. I'm guessing it's addressing my harddisk more often now and that is what may be bottlenecking my system since I hav no SSD.

I stand corrected, I thought I have read that it was server related issue.

The devs thought so at first, but found out it was in reality related to some deeper issue of conflict between client and server messaging. While they have fixed the rubberbanding, there still seems to be traces of it left with regards to objects and zombie attacks, which I guess they will work on for the next exp.

goddamn this is not the endgame..

whining... whining... whining... thats all... goddamnnit!

U GOT A NEW PATCH!  Stop complaining and be glad the devs dont start random resets every week... its still an alpha...

Back to topic... thx devs great job as everytime had fun tonight!

If all players were like you, this would BE the endgame..

• Like 1

Getting far more rubberbanding on this stable patch than the last one. Shortly after I first logged in on the new patch I was on the top story of a building, not moving at all, then screen went black and I got "you are dead" despite nobody killing me. I assume the game teleported me through a wall somehow and I fell to my death. After respawning I ran around for about 30 mins total on a couple of different servers and I was rubberbanding roughly every 30-60 seconds on all of them, even on a low pop one.

Performance in the game has dropped considerably for me. FPS is about the same but the game runs much more choppy. I'm guessing it's addressing my harddisk more often now and that is what may be bottlenecking my system since I hav no SSD.

It's not the SSD. Not having a SSD is not so bad, yes you get some minor stuttering if you are running at full speed toward some town and the game must load new textures, but this is only once per game session. Windows will keep this in cache (assuming you have at least 4 GB RAM).

is that a bug or i'm doing something wrong? (there is no reload option in scroll menu or at R button).

AND

You are doing something wrong. Detach the used snaploader, load it with shells again.

Best way you can do it is:

Load 2 shells into you blaze, keep your snaploader rdy. Once you fired the 2 shells you can reload by pressing "r", but only if you have a loaded snaploader ready. 

I think that behaviour needs changing, you open your gun, take the snaploader, insert the ammo into the barrels, slide the snaploader off to the side or press the button on the magnum one or whatever the design the thing has, close your gun. Soooooo while snaploaders are great, they should never be attached to a gun, but simply stay in the inventory, only empty after reloading.

Another bug what I noticed was "duping" sodas. When I drank a soda, it stayed in my inventory and I could still drink it infinite times(got bored after 20th time, and it still fills thirsty meter). But this was random, mostly happened with Badly Damaged or Damaged sodas.

Had a magic can about a month ago, I think it was beer. BEEEER!! Ok, some have said it's not beer, but I keep pretending. Lost it's magic when I logged out and back in again. Either way, those are not new, have been there before. Did you check if it still works after relogging?

What's all this fuss about weapon sway? You've just been sprinting with your rifle out for half an hour, you see someone and you honestly think you'll be able to pull that rifle up and take an 800 metre shot standing and still hit your target after 2 seconds flight time and wind? Back to CoD...

• Like 1

So new patch is awesome. But I wish the hacking had been sorted out. I am well happy there are no more 10000 round clips, but invisible people still killing from all over the place. I didn't get killed so I am not being butt hurt here. 

There were 8 of us, all randoms who met up and decided to play together. Was wondering through Berenzino and a lot of friendly people about. Awesome. We hear a mosin shot from the appartments and decide to investigate.

We head in in 3 teams and one of our guys gets killed in the bathroom. First of all we assume the other guy killed him so we go looking for him, then as we are regrouping to figure out what is happening one of our party drops after a mosin round right next to us goes in his head. 

None of us fired. I am 100% certain of that.

We decide that it's a hacker and the few that are left bail from the building while 2 get taken out on the stairs. I am in TS with my mate who tells me over teamspeak he is down, I go to bandage him and we hear thanks for the gun over global, his gun disappears and from right next to him a mosin shot into his head and laughing.

Is the invisibility hack likely to be taken out in the next patch? is this something the Devs are aware of and combating?

Not to leave on a bad note. Loving the patch bar what was just said. Fireplaces and fishing is just so cool. Met 2 random Germans the other day and basically had a camping trip and chatted for a while. Hunted and then parted ways.  

• Like 1

Hacks.

But seriously, where did you find it?

The one I have right now I got from a guy beeing at the wrong place at the wrong time.

2nd one I found in vybor base barracks.

Four things happened to me in a 1,5 hour gaming session all of which are game wrecking bugs.

We were playing with three people. One of my mates got locked into the police building in Berezino where he shot one other player and was then trapped by his/her friend. 15 minutes of stalemate happen when he got ghosted from behind. Ghosting is still an issue.

Some while later we came across another lone player and we ordered him to stop. He attacked us with an axe so we opened fire. What happened next is too rediculous for words. He was shot by an M4, an SKS and a P1, cross fire at 2 meters and he survived. He ran around a building, I circled around and got my mosin out. I saw him on the other side standing still and at some two meters I shot him twice with a mosin in the chest. He didn't move so I thought he was dead with the delayed death anim as is usual. After a few seconds he said something and ran off like nothing happened. No bleeding either. He survived point blank SKS fire, spraying from an M4 and two point blank mosin shots..., I've been playing this game for long enough to know when stuff has hit or not, these were hits.

Then we decided to head inland for my friend to gear up again. After some ten minutes of walking DayZ crashed to desktop. I ask if I logged out and my friends said I just "dropped dead" in front of them. No shots, no zombies, no falls, nothing. I was running over an open area of grassland, they heard my character moaning and falling over...dead. My friends divided my stuff among them and noticed my pants and boots were ruined (previously worn and pristine cq) and everything in the pants was ruined too. I apperently died from damage to my legs?

Lastly, we've all been experiencing numerous ctd's. Like, going into your inventory might cause a CTD. The count down for spawning might cause a CTD. Even just looking around, if the screen freezes for a moment, a CTD may follow. These happen a lot.

Finally, I've been regathering some loot again until today I got a character reset again. :) Just reporting what I experience, hope these will be fixed.

P.S. is weapon sway increased? Sniping from 400+ meters is next-to-impossible now with this violent shaking. And NO, I'm not running 4km and taking the shot in two seconds. I usually wait for 15 minutes plus before commencing fire, from a rested, prone position with setup bipod. The shaking is irrealistically violent even for a novice shooter.

Edited by Syphax4Ever

A lot of my stuff disappears when I connect. I Lost ttsko, ACOG... what's happening?

It means if you are eating, feeding someone, or doing any kind of action you can use the action "cancel action" to stop. Its useful if you are getting injured or need to react to a player or something.

Worst method ever, ArmA style as usual. Since always on every game when you wanted to cancel an action you just moved (WASD) and that's it. Why the hell they have to make everything difficult.

I can see that "Go prone" doesnt work anymore, I can go prone by binding my button to "prone" action, but can't dive to "go prone" anymore.... Also, using a Long range scope has quite huge flickering, making it even more useless to be a sniper.

This is the closest I've come to to the topic I wanted to find out about. Namely the 'flickering' of the scope when trying to aim. I have the AKM fully upgraded with all pristine equipment and after jogging and coming to a rest then trying to aim, the sight sways from side to side in a crazy way making it impossible to aim; therefore making the weapon virtually useless in any kind of melee action. Even when at rest for 3 minutes the scope continues to move off the target. the M4 (which I have retained) doesn't suffer from any such problems and is as accurate as it always was.

Any ideas or suggestions?

The weapon sway isn't too bad considering how far/fast people normally run in this game. You try running a decent distance carrying a weapon and then see if you can aim accura

The sway with the AKM after jogging is really bad. It also takes about 2 minutes to slow down and even then will not settle on a target making it virtually useless, Trying to use the weapon in a melee scenario is also not going to work. BTW: the AKM is fully loaded with pristine parts.

seriously. ... i really regret getting back to stable branch .... and where the fuck do all these M4s come from?? every second guy i meet(mostly by bullets) has a M4 and ammo .... and of course .... everyone has to shoot on sight .... WHY?! people WHY?! gooood ... its more like a bad shooter again ...

What's all this fuss about weapon sway? You've just been sprinting with your rifle out for half an hour, you see someone and you honestly think you'll be able to pull that rifle up and take an 800 metre shot standing and still hit your target after 2 seconds flight time and wind? Back to CoD...

No I don't thats why I waited for two minutes to pass before attempting the shot. Unfortunately the pristine scope still would not 'fix' onto the target. This was target practice, which is just as well as were the situation to be against another player my Pristine fully loaded AKM would be taken from my dead hands!

Okay, then...

login, 1..2..3... fresh ...k i guess its bcause of patch, went to look for some new stuff, geared up, just about to go to AF near Krasnostav, looking for a fresh reset server to ensure some loot. Logging in, and the before char has been loaded (the one I had before patch). Saying okay, atleast I have my 2  guns, easier to survive trip to airfield. After not finding anything exciting / new, I decide to go check the new town (never played on EXP), after I arrive, i meet some guys, have some fun, checkout new buindings, found LongHorn etc... nice.... Time to try high populated server! So, relogging into something like that. I spawn with nothing, not a freshfag, I spawned right there where I disconnected but with no equipment, absolutely deleted inventory :D, only healthy/hydrated/energised survived... Saying "WTF must be a bug, gotta try another server", so do I... stuck please wait, for couple of minutes... "k", rejoining another server... But... The before character is loaded (the one I got after patching as a freshfag). Losing ideas, exiting.

Nobody experienced similiar? My friend reported me he had full gear moving from town to town when suddenly his inventory disappeared also :D

I think I have some extra commas in case you ever run out! Just messing with you :D

But are you sure you weren't hopping in a regular and then hardcore server? That would explain the two characters.

As for your buddy, sounds like one of the latest hacker trolls where they are stripping player inventory to mess with people. I've read this numerous times now so I'm guessing it's real.

Edited by haknslash

Some bullshit at the north west(I think, not east anyway) airfield.

Was strolling around looking for an AKM just to shoot it and see what it's like and leave, or a combat knife.

Nobody was around, I'm sure of that.

Went in the small tower type building, with lots of windows.

Suddenly my leg is painful and broken, so I thought fuck I guess someone could have shot me? There was no gunshot of course, crawled down the stairs a bit, teleported outside the building and fell on the ground then injected some morphine and was fine. Everything in my pants ruined, including all the worms I had...now I have to find another shovel which could take forever.

Then I run away to another building, just in case somebody did shoot me.

Here I find another morphine injector, what luck!

Suddenly my leg breaks AGAIN, there's no way anybody could have shot me I was in one of those buildings with the bunk beds and the kind of jail cell if someone even shot at me they could only have seen above my legs, unless they have the power from Wanted to curve bullets.

I mean thank fuck I found two morphine injectors right as my legs break...but still fuck sake.

It's really annoying, I just want to skin an animal, try out an AKM, go fishing or make a camp fire any one of those and it's like the game is doing all that it can to stop me.

So now I'm not playing for a few hours, here's hoping my character isn't reset for no reason.

Can we expect a hotfix for at least some of this? Because for me it's damn near unplayable, sometimes I'll get a nice 30 minutes and sometimes not even a minute before something fucks up.