dubghall

Why are there basically no 3pp:off servers - grow a pair.

No, i prooved third isn't actually used in a shoot-out, its usefulness comes into its own league for exploring, looting (i don't want to loot tiny houses in first person) , looking at your character etc. It is used for visually looking around!

First person is the preferred combat view. My point is: Third person view is not used for shooting guns usually,. I know you can hip fire in it, but it would not be used typically...So it doesnt give a huge advantage in 1 vs 1 combat... Third person view is more of a comfortable view point for running around and looting.

Depends on your playstyle as well, as I prefer to explore on less popular server, if you are just going to pvp or bandit playstyle, then you might not mind just playing on hardcore, if all you want to do is fight. However I'd rather just run around, look at landscape, loot, kill zombies etc. And third person is best for this style. Also, even with headbob all the way off , there is still a load of head bounce in first person view which is annoying, especially with the new run with gun animation, lots of head bounce in 1st...

Need a ladder to get out of that hole you've dug for yourself? 

Those using Lamecore need, NEED, Hardcore mode in order to shoot. Hardcore players don't need Lamecore mode for anything.

Harcdore 1 - 0 Lamecore 

:D

Yes yes I know you all love console games!! so you you love wtfpwzring people you can see from behind your wall... 

L33t ub3r l3git only-PC player who's superior to any console users using console players as an insult for people doing something they don't like on a PC only game.... I hope someone has seen how well that logic is.

Nothing the hardcore-only players can ever argue for their point is at all relevant because the game has a server filter option. Don't like the "pansies" then don't play with them, and it's really that simple. The 3pp players don't go crying that "those damn pansy CoD fps wannabes and their hardcore FPS-only BS."

You can't server hop as much because there aren't as much servers? Useless thread is useless - use the search function.

Those using Lamecore need, NEED, Hardcore mode in order to shoot. Hardcore players don't need Lamecore mode for anything.

Harcdore 1 - 0 Lamecore 

Actually, the centre dot which is in BOTH hardcore AND "lamecore" is pretty darn accurate. So no, 3pp doesn't NEED the hardcore FPS aspect. 

Edited by LigerRider

I'll not take it personally, I was making the point that someone could always claim to play more hardcore than you do by making the game harder for themselves, doesn't make them right or you wrong. There's a reason the majority of people like 3PP, it's cause 1PP is just plain unpleasant for a lot of people, it's got hee-haw to do with easy mode but 1PP-ers always throw that out there as the strawman to whale on. Hell, the zero punctuation review referred to it as running about with a washing machine strapped to your head, a description that Dean Hall has referenced a few times himself. Plenty of people play 1PP games, it's not like Battlefield, Cod, TF2 or Counterstrike aren't popular, don't think anyone would play them in 3PP even if given the option. Why not just let people play the game the way they want to rather than each side trying to force their way. 

I've done nothing but point out the exploits that 3rd person gives and supported 4th wall. What you're blathering on about I have no clue and 1st person is fine. I've been playing DayZ since OFP and every version of Arma since then. I don't have an issue playing the game because I can adapt to it. Yes it's a little more awkward than most FPS's but then most FPS's are highly unrealistic.

If you think it's fine to lay on a roof using the camera to find victims then you're the kind of shitty gamer I'm talking about. If you're not, then you support limiting 3rd Person view - 4th wall does this and seems the best solution without making the 3PP cam view so shitty it's hardly worth having. It won't matter what view you're in then - best of both worlds and no exploiting except the 3pp side of players can't even compromise this far so what does that tell you?

The game is touted as a hardcore zombie-survival game. Being able to see over walls and around corners does not fit the game description.

• Like 1

There are too many elitist twats in this thread.

There's a reason why the majority of people play 3rd person and why epoch is the most popular game mode...

Because its BETTER. You can shit on it as much as you like, but it doesn't change the fact.

The Day Z you want will not happen. Your a vocal minority.

Like is said before, Candy Crush makes £550,000 a day.

I wish i had the time to find the threads where we warned all you first person only babies that "hardcore" servers would die slowly before ever even making it to full release. Same thing happened in the mod, "hardcore" is bad because the first person view is god awful, as is the 3rd person view but at least that doesnt give me motion sickness. 

You mean the FP view is exactly the same as the thousand of FPS's that came before it? WhenI play a FPS, I turn a square to look in a direction which happens the same in every other FPS I play. Amazing how so many people "claim" motion sickness on these forums. I call BS.

You mean the FP view is exactly the same as the thousand of FPS's that came before it? WhenI play a FPS, I turn a square to look in a direction which happens the same in every other FPS I play. Amazing how so many people "claim" motion sickness on these forums. I call BS.

I used to think it was bs too. Then it happened to me. The combination of low fps and narrow fov will do it every time. Now that I'm able to generally get over 30fps in hardcore I don't experience it at all. It is a real thing though.

The difference between normal and hardcore servers? I do see the difference, all im saying is I have spent so many hours on both kinds of servers and in each, the times Ive had actually running into someone is so minimal that there isnt much difference to me. And no I dont play on night servers, that was more just comparing how those who say if you dont play at night, you suck. Like how people on hardcore servers say those on normal suck. That was moreso aimed at those who wants to give people crap for playing on normal servers.. Who cares what people choose to play.

Now.. Understandable some jackass can get the drop on me in a normal server, but I dont spend time in areas that seem to attract those just looking to just pvp so it never seems to happen, unless someone is seeing me and they just arent killing me =p I have died before though, it doesnt seem any different from dying on a hardcore server so hell if i know they were looking over a wall or around a tree or not to first notice me(on a normal server, they most likely were). If a guy has the drop on me, well then they have the drop on me, in either kind of server. 

The only positive thing I see about first person only is the pvp aspect, I just dont play the game to run around looking for people to kill so it doesnt phase me much. When I do end up seeing someone I either sit back and watch what they do from the treeline and follow them a bit, or just go back to what I was doing. Ive had my intense standoffs before with trying to figure out whos friendly and who isnt, usually it ends up good but sometimes its a gunfight. Probably the only pvp I ever really had as of late.

I am also all for fixing third person so you dont have a advantage while still having third person view available. 

No you don'r run around looking for people to kill. I don't run around looking for people to kill either. The point is some people do run around looking for people to kill and exploit 3pp just for that purpose.

I prefer a level playing field when it comes to competition. I want no unfair advantage over others and I don't want them having one over me. 4th Wall fixes the issue it's that simple.

I sincerely hope this thread gets locked soon. It's more insultation than it is actual, valid discussion and suggestions (and all of the suggestions have been given countless times before).

If you don't like it, don't click the link to open it. I mean really? You came into a thread you don't want to be part of just to say close it?

• Like 1

lol, no, it means 1st is best for taking your shot, and in a shoot out, everyone will be in first so it wont make a difference...third person is just used for looking around, and usually not for combat. So chill your beans. 1-1

LOL are you serious? Go and look at combat on youtube and watch EVERYONE use 3PP all the time until they have to shoot. 3pp is used for looking around and over objects your character physically cannot do. It is nice and safe and warm under the blankey of 3pp though and teddy's there right with you ;)

• Like 2

Need a ladder to get out of that hole you've dug for yourself? 

Harcdore 1 - 0 Lamecore 

Obviously first person mode is better for firing the gun do you really need to question that? As I said, third is better for exploring and looking around. That doesnt mean one is a winner , i enjoy both modes, its not a competition about which 'look' is better...and if you knew much about third person games you would know the majority zoom you into almost first person view when shooting for precisely these reasons- first person is best for aiming, third person is best for running around / looking at environment.

I used to think it was bs too. Then it happened to me. The combination of low fps and narrow fov will do it every time. Now that I'm able to generally get over 30fps in hardcore I don't experience it at all. It is a real thing though.

Oh I get that too but that's due to my system and not the game, which is what people are blaming it on however my motion sickness comes from having to look directly at the ground to run through a city - that's nausea inducing and 3pp at least stops that (or i run through looking ariound at 5fps but it has improved a lot with recent pathces).

No I meant that there's a lot of people who use motion sickness as an excuse on these forums and I suspect a lot of them are BS'ing.

Actually, the centre dot which is in BOTH hardcore AND "lamecore" is pretty darn accurate. So no, 3pp doesn't NEED the hardcore FPS aspect.

Typical "spray and pray" lamecore merchant banter, imo.

As I said, third is better for exploring and looking around.

Hacks providing "see through" textures for walls and trees are better for "looking around", are you advocating them too?

• Like 1

There are too many elitist twats in this thread.

There's a reason why the majority of people play 3rd person and why epoch is the most popular game mode...

Because its BETTER. You can shit on it as much as you like, but it doesn't change the fact.

The Day Z you want will not happen. Your a vocal minority.

The meaning of "better" is very subjective in this regard. People tend to consider "better" anything that give them an edge, better gun, better backpack, better camera view.

The meaning of "better" is very subjective in this regard. People tend to consider "better" anything that give them an edge, better gun, better backpack, better camera view.

Or when they feel their play style is "better" or playing a certain way makes them "better"...

I can't imagine playing without 3rd person. I love using it to see where the enemies are. Makes it so much easier to keep track of the enemy while you're covered and this means I get to have the upper hand if I choose to engage.

• Like 1

I can't imagine playing without 3rd person. I love using it to see where the enemies are. Makes it so much easier to keep track of the enemy while you're covered and this means I get to have the upper hand if I choose to engage.

Obvious sockpuppet account is obvious

• Like 2

That is exactly the problem with 3pp. It creates an unfair advantage. 4th wall mod or something similar is needed to remedy it. If people in 3pp could no longer look around corners/over walls without exposing themselves, I dont think the hardcore fans would complain about 3pp anymore. Opposing this proposition without suggesting an alternative is really just an admission of wanting an unfair advantage to make it easier to camp imo.

Judging by their posts, it may just be a troll account.

3pp servers are a cheat basically. BE should ban all people playing in cheater mode where you can have 270 degree vision, see around corners and over fences.

if id WANT to Play epoch i can do that...but i dont...i like to watch "the lulz" Videos it seems to produce to no end but thats about it...

I was about to say obvious troll attempt lol

Hardcore is for men, 3pp is for kids. You will rarely meet a childish voice over direct when you get killed in hardcore. But you almost everytime will be shot by kids in babycore servers with this cheat mode that allows you look over fences and around corners. 3pp is an arcade. It is that simple.