dubghall

Why are there basically no 3pp:off servers - grow a pair.

I am really scratching my head at the people defending 3pp.

How can you defend something that inherently cancerous to gameplay ?

Then surely the whole 3pp genre of gaming is cancerous. It's a different game. What about 2d top down games? Are they cancerous too? Is pacman cancerous for instance?

How about you first person zealots stop joining third person servers? I join servers all the time and there are 12 people then an hour later they are full. You first person zealots seem to expect instant gratification. And I say that as someone who hates 3pp games in general.

Edited by freethink

"Dude" what tosh.

Typical console games are 3rd person like Tomb Raider.

Typical (master race) PC games are 1st person like Battlefield or CoD.

** insert obligatory 'deal with it gif' **

Apparently you dont like being called dude do im gonna assume your female or a total snob.

Btw your whole consoles are third person and pc is first person is bullshit. You can play games with either on both pc and console. #get over your self

Then surely the whole 3pp genre of gaming is cancerous. It's a different game. What about 2d top down games? Are they cancerous too? Is pacman cancerous for instance?

Imagine pacman in first person only. Then call that game mode hardcore.

Because it isn't?

Can mods just lock these stupid threads when they are made?  Or stuff them in that one stupid thread that has the previous ones?  

3pp works for some players.  Go play hardcore like a coward if you are afraid of dudes creeping behind bushes.

• Like 1

Go play hardcore like a coward if you are afraid of dudes creeping behind bushes.

Hue.

Main difference between hardcore and regular:

On Hardcore you creep in the bush.

On Regular you creep behind the bush.

:D

I play 3pp(except indoors)mainly because 1pp reminds me of Bumper Cam from TD3.  Horrid boxed in feeling.

When natural feeling Occulus type gear is affordable and functional in a "natural" sense I'll gladly go 1pp alldayeveryday.

Also, I play with the assumption that someone is always peeking.

in 3rd person, you can lie on a higher area, and see anyone below you, while they cant see you.

in 3rd person, you can  stand behind walls and see over them

in 3rd person, you can look around corners, up stair wells, and anywhere else you want to look, all while facing the other direction from an impossible angle

in 1st person, you only see what you should be able to see from that characters position, increase fov and use alt view for a more realistic viewpoint

it is a bit disappointing that so few people  play 1st person servers, although of course its up to them what they choose, people just  enjoy what they enjoy/

If you think about it, this behaviour isnt new. People who play on PC tend to think they are better than the people who are playing on Xbox/Ps3/Wii. People who are playing dota tend to think they are better than the People who play lol. I could go on. So yeah. Its nice and stuff that you are playing hardcore, but dont brag about it. At the end we are all Survivors who want to play a good Zombie Survival Game ;).

I completely agree that 1st person is the best. While it wouldn't make sense that 3rd person to be considered "hardcore" there should just be more clarification in game, since lots of people never look at forums or look up what exactly hardcore is, they probably think it's the same game but longer spawn timers or more bullet dmg, or maybe people just don't like the anxiety 1st person gives, they like to see people through walls and over fences so they know they are secure. Either way there seems to be enough hardcore players, but we definitely need more. It's a lot more fun, and way more realistic feeling which is the premise of the game. 

Wow...you play hardcore...your really L33T....

kid+from+NYC+_c08681_17126.jpg

Perfect example of Lamecore player. A kid pretending to play grown up games.

So I started fresh on a half full HC server. Played for a few hours. Looted far inland, no firearms. Found a x-bow, no bolts. Crowbared some zeds.

Came out of a tool shed in a tiny village, BLAM.

Unseen kos douchebag one shots me.

Welcome to Hardcore.

• Like 1

So I started fresh on a half full HC server. Played for a few hours. Looted far inland, no firearms. Found a x-bow, no bolts. Crowbared some zeds.

Welcome to Hardcore.

yeah cool welcome man, dont look back, stay strong haha

• Like 1

yeah cool welcome man, dont look back, stay strong haha

I woulda share my beans with him but I guess that woulda harshed his fap.

I simply stopped playing HC because I consider the breathing as so god damn loud. Can't take that for more than 1 hour

• Like 2

Sorry, it's not the same thing.

4th wall doesn't work because while you're running around in 3PP it may look like the streets are clear when in fact they are not. It would give you a false sense of security and potentially cause you to run into a zombie horde without realizing they're even there.

You might think you're imagining things or that the zombies are glitching as they appear and disappear at random.

4th wall just makes the game look stupid.

This is your serious and well thought out answer? So basically you cam over walls to make sure everything is clear before you venture out rather than play the game. That's your choice but it's not an argument against 4th wall - the point of 4th wall is that you CAN'T cam over to cheat and see where zombies are.

Once again what does tournaments have to do with a game being competitive?

What does rounds, a timer or points system.

The game does not need to have a scoring system , a official tournament sponsor to be a competitive game.

People compete in game for resources and land this is where the competition lies and it is one that has far greater penalties due to perma death.

you can keep saying dayz is not a competitive game but in reality it has every bullet point to make it one.

The fact that you need to explain what competitive is to these people is probably wasted time.

You get into a gun fight, it's competitive - FACT

Okay I give in and post again. The People who are telling me u are exposing urself in 1p when u peek, can u answear me one question? To whom are u exposing urself?

This really needs an explanation? 1st Person you have to find a better position, it's harder to keep track of your target and by doing so your target can also see you. You have to move more and by moving more you expose yourself more.

3rd Person sits behind a wall, scans the area then runs up to another wall, waits till the victim has his back to him and shoots.

Put yourself in berezino with 20 other people and you be the only one in first person - see how that works out for you.

Your enemy can do the exact same thing to you though.....it always seems to come down to what YOU can do.....not what the OTHER 99 players on the server can do. And btw if everyone has it the playing field is level.

They can also do that....sit behind an object and wait for you to reveal yourself. My point is that having an enemy that can do that is much more of a challenge to overcome. Lets take what you said with the zombies, hell yes they would be harder if they used 3pp and that renforces what im saying.....its harder to do battle with someone using 3pp that someone without.

I wont argue its harder for YOU  personally in 1st.....but its also harder for the other players. Its not like you are going up against 3pp in 1pp.....that would be a challenge increase.....but not when the rest of the server gets restricted aswell.  

Again going on about how its more difficult (only thinking about effect on YOU) not the other player entities on the server. You basically restrict the view of every other player reducing the chances dramaticly of being spotted by another. Try tailing someone on hardcore....they hardly ever see you. Now try on 3pp on....bet you don't get half as close.

Im against the 4th wall mod as its basically breaking the way 3pp was intended to be used. Its by design that you see over things/ around them. Its up to you to adapt to the new situations that arise from these new abilities. People love to call it broken to re-enfoce there argument when its untrue....that's how a 3pp camera should act.

Basically people just need to stop and think for a sec....is it actually harder to play a 1pp server or a 3pp....I say 3pp due to the inherent abilities of your enemies. Sure you get those abilities aswell but that dosent change the fact you could be being watched anytime by an unseen enemy. That one thing alone makes playing a 3pp server more difficult :)

No it is not a level playing field at all unless both parties are aware of each other and start either end of a barn. That is a level playing field. It is not a level playing field when you're camping on a roof exploiting the view and I'm on the street. I cannot in anyway counter your view AT ALL. You have all the advantage and none of the disadvantages.

You also fail to realize that not everyone plays the game the same. Some of us aren't bothered about hunting people down. So when I make my way into a town looking for supplies I'll be careful but that isn't going to help me when there's a camper over looking the obvious areas of the town people search (POlice station, supermarket, etc).

Does it make it harder? Of course it doesn't. It makes it easier which is demonstrable. In 1pp it's way harder for you to track me, it's way harder to mover around as you can't magically see zeds. If you get into a fight it's harder to see your opponent and harder to engage. You think it's harder "for the other person" which is not the way to look at it at all. Since when do you judge how hard a game is from how hard it is for someone else? It's easier in 3pp view to look around corners before you move. It doesn't make the game harder for you just because someone else can see you and you can't see them. Once you are fighting, you use 3pp to check every angle and then move. 1pp you poke out your head and hope a bullet doesn't go through it, scan quickly and duck back. You keep repeating this move, often repositioning yourself to try and see different angles. 3pp makes this job a completely different game and people are robbing themselves of a more intensive and lifelike experience.

3pp gives an attacker all the advantages and gives up nothing against his opponent. In most other games or sports, when one person holds all the cards giving his opponent no chance at all they call that unfair advantage. All 3pp does is gives the sociopaths, the KOS'ers, the people most of us can't stand a huge advantage over the people that want to survive and loot and meet a few people and get into some gun fights.

Welcome to Hardcore.

On hardcore it's very, very easy to have a "tail" that you will be not aware of.

I simply stopped playing HC because I consider the breathing as so god damn loud. Can't take that for more than 1 hour

This is a big, big issue. On first person your "ears" are so close to your character that your breathing and all noises (walking, running) are extra loud, it's drive me crazy too.

I am planning to make a suggestion so that on first person mode they reduce loudness of character emitated sounds (but just for player, not for others).

The use of the terms babycore/lamecore has put me off playing 1st person. You can tell these people are angry because they don't play on their own designated servers but instead play on 3pp but in 1st person and die a lot. They are no different from people blaming hackers for every death.

Go play cringecore. I don't want to play a game with crybabies who want to force a way of playing on everyone.

I actually prefer 1st person games in every game ever but I'd prefer not to play with crybaby fascists and hardcore is where they play.

Yeah nice of you to to take the actions of a few individuals and apply them to a whole group you bigot.

Yeah nice of you to to take the actions of a few individuals and apply them to a whole group you bigot.

You are one of the individuals. Read your posts: "easy mode pricks." 

Edited by freethink

I play 3pp(except indoors)mainly because 1pp reminds me of Bumper Cam from TD3.  Horrid boxed in feeling.

When natural feeling Occulus type gear is affordable and functional in a "natural" sense I'll gladly go 1pp alldayeveryday.

Also, I play with the assumption that someone is always peeking.

Try TrackIR. You move your head, your head in game moves - it's awesome, nowhere near as pricey as OR will be and works great in driving or flight sims too.

You are one of the individuals. Read your posts: "easy mode pricks." 

I did a search for "easy mode pricks." and only your post comes up.