kragz

Mod is still better than the SA

Loved the mod, paid into Early Access of SA and it's current state wasn't for me at all. It looks pretty, but that's all I have good to say about it. So I waited many months and logged on to find updates consist of minor changers with a new gun to placate the fanboys. Yup, it's alphur, but the alpha version of the mod still plays more fluently than the SA. Especially the gunplay. The gunplay on SA is so unsatisfying and clunky. Even the sound doesn't work correctly so you can't tell where you're getting shot from.

The Mod tends to be more for the skilled survivor and the SA is more for the casuals. At least it seems to be where the direction is going. 

My question is, you people who love SA in it's current state over the mod version, break down what it is exactly you do.

• Like 3

I prefer San Andreas because it has better graphics, better sound design, more enviroment and you can enter practically all buildings.

Mod is ugly, has tons of different guns and ammo nobody cares about. When mod fanboys assert that mod has "more features" it only means it has more guns. Cars and boats being secondary, because they all are ugly as if the car is sliding on the ice and look out of place.

MOD has server where you can spawn with fucking guns... and you call SA for casuals? You will never spawn with a gun and won't be able to do a blood transfer on yourself in San Andreas. Yet mod fanboys ignore this bullshit in their game and whine how good and how full their servers are...

SA has only problem - babymode.

Edited by MaxRain
  • Like 2

I prefer San Andreas because it has better graphics, better sound design, more enviroment and you can enter practically all buildings.

Mod is ugly, has tons of different guns and ammo nobody cares about. When mod fanboys assert that mod has "more features" it only means it has more guns. Cars and boats being secondary, because they all are ugly as if the car is sliding on the ice and look out of place.

MOD has server where you can spawn with fucking guns... and you call SA for casuals? You will never spawn with a gun and won't be able to do a blood transfer on yourself in San Andreas. Yet mod fanboys ignore this bullshit in their game and whine how good and how full their servers are...

Better sound design? The sound engine doesn't work correctly. How is that better? You can enter more buildings? Great! Tell me more about all the different hats you've found. This isn't Team Fortress 2 remember.

But fine, you assert yourself 'San Andreas' has more features. So like I asked in my previous post, please give me a rundown on what you would do upon entering a server.

These threads were old two months ago.

Please, assert your disappointment when the f*cking game is finished...

• Like 6

Stand Alone is currently a shell of what it's intended to be. The Mod has had years of polishing, and tweaks, and fixes, and love from a very talented community. In my opinion you can't compare the two in terms of "gameplay" right now bc it's like comparing a baby to skilled athlete IMO. The joy in SA, though, and what a lot of players prob could add more of their own personal likings, is that while you play this game you're watching it grow from a clunky, bare bones, clumsy ass, abnormally large-headed alien baby to a badass , fully-developed adult (just hopefully in a MUCH briefer time span lol) 

These threads were old two months ago.

Please, assert your disappointment when the f*cking game is finished...

While I understand your frustration at me pointing out obvious flaws in the game, please refrain from such an emotional reaction. It's just a game, I haven't insulted a family member of yours.

If you actually take a minute to think about what you have just said maybe you'll understand where I am coming from. If these threads were old two months ago, why is it still relevant? If you cannot assert disappointment for Standalone then you also cannot assert your pleasure in it. That logic doesn't hold up both ways. Please be a little more constructive and less emotional in the future. Thanks.

Edited by kragz
  • Like 1

There's a word you may have overlooked. 

Anyhow you can't deny that the SA has far more potential than the mod ever did. Things don't work well now, they and we know that.

I agree that SA is easier than the mod was in it's prime, but the mod is dead with no vanilla servers within the top 20. The SA will get harder as long as it's features become more numerous. Of that I'm certain. Also people need to test things and not wish they could find a weapon to test some bug or whatnot. 

Edited by Zarniwoop
  • Like 2

While I understand your frustration at me pointing out obvious flaws in the game, please refrain from such an emotional reaction. It's just a game, I haven't insulted a family member of yours.

If you actually take a minute to think about what you have just said maybe you'll understand where I am coming from. If these threads were old two months ago, why is it still relevant? If you cannot assert disappointment for Standalone then you also cannot assert your pleasure in it. That logic doesn't hold up both ways. Please be a little more constructive and less emotional in the future. Thanks.

No, I'm frustrated that people keep doomsaying a game that's still in development.

• Like 1

No, I'm frustrated that people keep doomsaying a game that's still in development.

If you're going to acknowledge flaws in a game, it's surely much more constructive and productive to do so in a game still in development than one that is currently finished, right?

If you're going to acknowledge flaws in a game, it's surely much more constructive and productive to do so in a game still in development than one that is currently finished, right?

You're comparing a mod, which has been around for two years longer, that has had the luxury of pulling content here and there from ArmA 2 and OCCASIONALLY a custom model and some scripting. The Standalone is a game that has barely been in development for a year (and three months in, they pretty much canned most of their work), which is in EARLY Alpha. Don't compare them. We all get it. The mod has more content. It's a no brainer.

At least they're trying to work it from the ground up here, instead of reusing assests from a game that spent several years in development and has one of the largest modding communities in the world.

You're comparing a mod, which has been around for two years longer, that has had the luxury of pulling content here and there from ArmA 2 and OCCASIONALLY a custom model and some scripting. The Standalone is a game that has barely been in development for a year (and three months in, they pretty much canned most of their work), which is in EARLY Alpha. Don't compare them. We all get it. The mod has more content. It's a no brainer.

At least they're trying to work it from the ground up here, instead of reusing assests from a game that spent several years in development and has one of the largest modding communities in the world.

Not really a good argument. The mod was used as a backbone for SA and the developers implemented what they had learned from those days into SA. SA had a VERY strong starting point, something a lot of new retail franchises do not have. If anything, I shouldn't be comparing the Mod and SA because of the consumer standpoint - that the mod is free and SA is not. But that only adds further to the flame.

Dayz:SA has a PAID team of developers and is very fortunate to have been HEAVILY funded in its very early stages. Despite this, it shows very little and slow progress. 

Comparing the two makes plenty of sense, just as comparing Counter-Strike mod and the retail did back in the early 2000s.

• Like 3

Not really a good argument. The mod was used as a backbone for SA and the developers implemented what they had learned from those days into SA. SA had a VERY strong starting point, something a lot of new retail franchises do not have. If anything, I shouldn't be comparing the Mod and SA because of the consumer standpoint - that the mod is free and SA is not. But that only adds further to the flame.

Dayz:SA has a PAID team of developers and is very fortunate to have been HEAVILY funded in its very early stages. Despite this, it shows very little and slow progress. 

Comparing the two makes plenty of sense, just as comparing Counter-Strike mod and the retail did back in the early 2000s.

You're really annoying just shut up and play the mod then.

How very helpful of you. Another emotional reaction to somebody pointing out flaws in their beloved game. I will, don't you worry. But as somebody who has invested into the creative processes of SA I will continue to check back on it's progress and critique it from an objective point of view. Something you're obviously unable to do.

Well that depends entirely on wich server you choose.... In it's current state the mod is 100x more chalenging because the zombies are much more a threat.. But Im sure SA will be alot better than the mod when it is finished.

There's alot of things that's already much better in SA than the Mod. I just wish they could prioritize the zombies so we can get hordes ASAP so SA becomes more challenging, right now the players are the threat, the zombies are harmless. I have been playing the Mod lately because it's just more fun and challenging than SA. SA at the moment is just like, gear up in 15 minutes and then go kill other players....I know alot of people that have gone back to the mod just for the same reasons. I still play SA occasianally to test out new stuff they add, but the mod is what I play most these days. 

In one hand we have this thread. In the other hand is a pile of shit. Any guess on what happens when you mash the two together?

Edited by Caboose187
  • Like 1

While i agree with you that the SA has a very little and slow progress, you can't compare the manpower of a small studio with paid employees to those of the whole ArmA modding community from where certain ressources are taken from the modding pool and are just implemented (Skins, Cars, Scripts, etc.) ..

The lession learned by the dev team tho, is that at a certain stage, at which the game hopefully once will be, you would not be able to develop the game any further without redoing the whole stuff on a different engine and starting all over from scrap. For example in DayZ Mod, you will most likely never be able to change your appreance without killing your character and spawning in a new model because thats just something the engine is not made for.

So basically, at a certain point you will not be able to develop the Mod any further with innovative features that include more that scripts or model and skins. Thats where DayZ SA will shine in the future, hopefully.

And to be honest with you, even tho that DayZ SA is bugged like hell, incomplete and clumsy to play at the moment, im still enjoying it more that DayZ Mod at the moment,  because as stated above 90% of the Mod players are either on easy mode (minimal) survival PVP servers, or epoch build yourself unrealistic stone castle servers. The last time i checked for some interesting 1pp DayZ Mod server, i've quit my search after finding not a single server that is well populated and does not provide any sort easy survival and/or unrealistic scripts.

Edited by Agrefits

I like SA better.  Feels more survivory and I like having fewer weapons.

But I can totally get why someone would like the MOD better.

There really was no need for that. Don't do it again.

• Like 1

The last time i checked for some interesting 1pp DayZ Mod server, i've quit my search after finding not a single server that is well populated and does not provide any sort easy survival and/or unrealistic scripts.

There are still some good servers left, but your right, they are only populated a certain times of day so it's alot harder to find a good challenging server these days that has people playing. What happend to all the 'hardcore' dayz mod players? Are they vanished, because in SA there also seems that 'regular' servers are most populated and it's almost impossible to find 'hardcore' servers with nightime that is populated....Everyone seems to like the arcadish 3rd person view  servers these days:(

Edited by Kaboki

Loved the mod, paid into Early Access of SA and it's current state wasn't for me at all. It looks pretty, but that's all I have good to say about it. So I waited many months and logged on to find updates consist of minor changers with a new gun to placate the fanboys. Yup, it's alphur, but the alpha version of the mod still plays more fluently than the SA. Especially the gunplay. The gunplay on SA is so unsatisfying and clunky. Even the sound doesn't work correctly so you can't tell where you're getting shot from.

The Mod tends to be more for the skilled survivor and the SA is more for the casuals. At least it seems to be where the direction is going. 

My question is, you people who love SA in it's current state over the mod version, break down what it is exactly you do.

i think the op is pointless because you are just another topic comparing a mod of arma 2, to a new game, which is being built, which is a poor comparison.

what i do in dayz sa, since yoru asking, is move around the map on busy servers, trying not to get killed, alone or sometimes with friends.

sa looks amazing, and you can actually go in most of the buildings, it doesnt have the humanity (which i cant stand), and when i bought it i knew it was going to be in alpha for a long time..

again, comparing an arma 2 mod, to as game thats being built, i only see naive rage here

Isn't the little troll that obviously doesn't understand game development absolutely ADORABLE?!

Aww!

• Like 1

I perfectly understand the OP. Im starting too grow a little impatient myself and think the development process is way to slow. I know the team is small and all, but with 2mill copies prepaid they should hire more people and speed up things ASAP before everyone starts to loose intrest and by the time the game is finished only a few hardcore players would be left and and there would be alot of empty servers...

Atleast give us challenging zombies and concentrate on clothing and other stuff when we have some challenge in the game. I just want more zombies like in the mod and the AI from the mod where you could use sneaky tactics to avoid being detected by them. Why not use the zombies from the Mod as placeholders until they have rewritten the SA zombies?

• Like 2

Without reading the tons of comments I'll address your question which seemingly alot of.people missed.

Standalone Pros -

Better graphics

Better inventory

Much more customizable I'm regards to clothing and weaponry

No in game map to waypoint yourself across the map worry free

Never have to worry about losing a gun or gear by putting it in a full tent or on the ground

The zombies you can tell will be insanely better when they move to that portion of development

When vehicles are implemented I won't have to worry about dying when I get out or when switching seats

Hacking is a long stretch more under control and will only get better

The amount of content with all the new structures and buildings and Cities is going to make the entire map useful not just spawn and run to Nwaf

Hmmm I think I could go on and on but most of all I like the sa in its current state because although right now it's very limited, I swe the potential and enjoy being part of the different stages of development.

Without reading the tons of comments I'll address your question which seemingly alot of.people missed.

Standalone Pros -

Better graphics

Better inventory

Much more customizable I'm regards to clothing and weaponry

No in game map to waypoint yourself across the map worry free

Never have to worry about losing a gun or gear by putting it in a full tent or on the ground

The zombies you can tell will be insanely better when they move to that portion of development

When vehicles are implemented I won't have to worry about dying when I get out or when switching seats

Hacking is a long stretch more under control and will only get better

The amount of content with all the new structures and buildings and Cities is going to make the entire map useful not just spawn and run to Nwaf

Hmmm I think I could go on and on but most of all I like the sa in its current state because although right now it's very limited, I swe the potential and enjoy being part of the different stages of development.

Yes I agree, the inventory system is alot better, also alot more buldings to go into, but at the moment it's all about clothes and gear and weapons and KOS, no survival element at all, and the zombies are non existant, rarely see them and when I do they useally spawn out of nowhere 3 meters from my character. So I think BI should throw us a bone soon and really put all the other development aside and get the zombies right first. Then concentrate on gear, diseases and more cities after that is in place. That would atleast give us a feeling of apocalypse and a challenge and not just a PVP KOS-fest, where everyone is geared up in 15 minutes..Looting is just too easy because there isn't a single zombie around in most towns, and when there is, there useally just are 3-4 of them in bigger cities if your lucky, and you can just fist fight your way out of that situation...You can just run around everywhere without having to fear nothing but other players.

If SA had zombies like the mod, that would keep me occupied atleast for another year and I couldn't care less about a new hat, new jacket, cars or new cities and small stuff like that. It's more like a clothing simulator at the moment than a zombie/survival sim...

Edited by Kaboki