kragz

Mod is still better than the SA

Once SA achieves 3 things, I will consider it better then mod.

1. client FPS optimalisation

2. loot &  zombie respawn

3. fixed zombies

With latest news about navmesh progress, we might see fixed zombies rather soonish.

No game made me feel like I was in control of a human being piloting a human sized mechwarrior like A2 did. 

Fixed that one for ya, don't think you caught your mistake.

• Like 1

Why dayz mod zombies are better, without referring to numbers...

1, Pathfinding....they use house entrances and exits. They still glitch through walls all the damn time though. If they can't find their way in they just start wailing on you through whatever wall is closest to you. And since we're talking about pathfinding, how bout their garbage outdoor path finding when compared to the standalone zombies? I'd say just the fact that they don't have the mod zombies embarrassingly bad outdoor path finding puts them leagues ahead. don't big it up....it was rare to get hit through a wall in the mod....I cant even remember the last time it happened to me. Whats so good about the SA outdoor pathing? seems pretty similar to me except they don't zig zag....which btw they should. The l4d francise learnt this and implemented it on L4D2. Zombies that run strait at you areno challenge ;)

2, They hit hard.... 3-4 hits for a kill in the right places. Except they'll never ever hit you unless you're dumb enough to stand still outside while they're chasing you. Standalone zombies also can kill you in a few hits as well and they don't line up single file for easy headshots when you enter a building either. So this point is moot. So SA zeds are better because they don't have pathing so don't line up in a doorway for "easy" headshots....well ul be disappointed when proper pathing comes in and they do.....exactly the same thing.

3, Stealth....it works lol, you say many  all don't use it I say its vital if you don't want that sniper following the zombie train through scope and finding you.  :rolleyes: Then you are wrong entirely, my whole squad uses stealth all the time. You know 90% of mod players don't spot you....they spot your train....ahh teaching noobs....the very foundation of dayz lol

4, Respawn, they may pop up in front of you every now and then, but the endless wave ensures they are a constant threat. What threat? Are you actually telling me you've been in danger from the mod zombies any time since your first month of play? You haven't played recently....its so obvious....go try it again and post bk, they are a real threat now.

That's 4 without going into numbers, on that subject though...

Why struggle to have so many on map at once. Why not use the mods system of despawning them when no one is around and just increase the range at which they spawn. Then no one can just scope a city and know there is a player there. Seems like that would help with server performance more that them all in all the time. Because the server side calculations needed spawn zombies based off of range would be more intensive than just having them spawned at server start, and then replacing them every time one is killed. Why do you think we don't have respawning loot yet? Loot will be at server up and respawn.....just like zeds. I wuld argue that the performance saved from 2000less entities would balance the resourses needed to handle a ranges spawn script.

aved the servers a lot on performance, but also allowed for super easy hacks like Z-shield.

Ew... I just caught this part. Now, I don't generally think there can be a right and a wrong opinion on something. But I can safely say your opinion on this matter in particular is wrong.

Mouse acceleration... jeez, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little... I can see now see how its possible that you could think the terrible mod zombies are good. Are you from an alternate universe of some sort? Like that episode where Spock has a beard?

So you advocate a gamey 1:1 system over one that tries to reproduce the limitations of human movement......Il take the harder to learn but ultimately more accurate system any day of the week. But as I said in other post, that's just me. I like sim and sim elements more than gamey accesability.

Edited by Karmaterror

IIl take the harder to learn but ultimately more accurate system any day of the week.

Its not harder to learn, or accurate. People don't just slow down at an arbitrary point when they're trying to turn 180 degrees, that's just stupid. Anyone can turn completely around in less than a second, the difficulty is aiming accurately after said turn. The Standalone addresses this with gun sway.

And its not harder to learn at all, it is just generally unpredictable. 1 : 1 Ratio rewards muscle memory with accurate aim, anything else is nothing more than an attempted guess at how far their pointer is going to move based on how fast they moved their mouse + how far they moved their mouse Vs. some arbitrary set of degrees that don't make any sense and aren't plainly stated.

Its pretty clear that it isn't sims that you're into (Even if you've said as much over and over again in that oh so charmingly condescending way), so much as terribly outdated game mechanics. Its cool that you're in to clunky games, but don't act like they somehow take more skill to play. They're just lower quality, and you have to fight the terrible mechanics to play them.

Edited by Hefeweizen
  • Like 1

So when are people gonna realise that making a mod for an already finished game, isnt the same a re-writting an entire engine to fit the needs of a new game??

So when are people gonna realise that making a mod for an already finished game, isnt the same a re-writting an entire engine to fit the needs of a new game??

A soon as they realize you can't compare a pre-alpha game with a game that doesn't exist, and anyone who differs in opinion isn't a rabid fanboy.

A soon as they realize you can't compare a pre-alpha game with a game that doesn't exist, and anyone who differs in opinion isn't a rabid fanboy.

Alright, so basicly when hell freezes over :D

Glad we got that sorted haha

I love the loops on every thread, you talk about how its alpha, someone talks about how rubbish it is being on alpha and slow development

you talk about slow development because things are being done simply they are not yet being implemented because they are being tested, someone talks about how the devs run away with the Money

you talk that the devs did not run with the Money they are investing the Money on the game, someone says "shutup fan boy"

this early access is for the fan boys damn it, dean was right, they should have put a much higher price on  the early access...

be patient, this is an investment, free updates, tons of new content everymonth, and if not every month, its the next

one thing is criticizing something that you know about, another is speaking of things you clearly have no knowledge of

• Like 2

Its not harder to learn, or accurate. People don't just slow down at an arbitrary point when they're trying to turn 180 degrees, that's just stupid. Anyone can turn completely around in less than a second, the difficulty is aiming accurately after said turn. The Standalone addresses this with gun sway.

And its not harder to learn at all, it is just generally unpredictable. 1 : 1 Ratio rewards muscle memory with accurate aim, anything else is nothing more than an attempted guess at how far their pointer is going to move based on how fast they moved their mouse + how far they moved their mouse Vs. some arbitrary set of degrees that don't make any sense and aren't plainly stated.

Its pretty clear that it isn't sims that you're into (Even if you've said as much over and over again in that oh so charmingly condescending way), so much as terribly outdated game mechanics. Its cool that you're in to clunky games, but don't act like they somehow take more skill to play. They're just lower quality, and you have to fight the terrible mechanics to play them.

lol Its ok I get it now, you didn't understand the system so couldn't play with it. The values weren't arbitrary or unpredictable, it does feel that way at first, but not after a while when your used to how it behaves. Anyone can realise that ....move to fast = bad aim....move slower = good aim....find balance....simples. 1:1.....just move ur mouse...no thought to weather you can make that distance quickly enough.....no punishment if you do go to fast....nothing....just easy bog standard gaming. That's why its harder...seriously... a system with no punishment is just as easy as a system with....nope lol ;)

That's like saying a driving sim is no harder than an arcade game, even though breaking hard in the sim will cause a lockup, where it wont on the arcade game. The game is simulating a facet of real life driving, some will find that clunky....those who drive competitvley will realise its actually quite accurate.

Clunky = realism to a big extent. Look at driving sims, they all feel "clunky" in comparison to something like NFS. But when you understand why and adapt to it its so much more immersive. I thought we were getting the sim side of gaming not the accessible side.

Well, honestly for me I love both and they feel very different! One of the things I like more in the SA, believe it or not, is the zombies. For me in the mod they are not threat at all. Even with 1.8.1 I still don't feel threaten at all. Since I started playing the mod 2 years ago, they never fixed them when they enter buildings and start walking. Or even when you go into pine trees and they can't reach you/lose aggro. For me, this is a joke. And I really like the fact that in the SA, even 1 well placed hit from a zombie can kill you.

To each his own, but I love both for different reasons. And I like the SA a bit more.

Edit: Grammar.

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 1

See, when people attempt to compare the mod with the SA, what mod are they actually talking about?  The dumbed down shit upon version of the mod?  

Please be a little more constructive and less emotional in the future.

You should heed your own advice.

If anything, I shouldn't be comparing the Mod and SA because of the consumer standpoint - that the mod is free and SA is not. But that only adds further to the flame.

Dayz:SA has a PAID team of developers and is very fortunate to have been HEAVILY funded in its very early stages. Despite this, it shows very little and slow progress.

Did I imply it was the answer to everything, or did I include that among other points? Stop trying see what you want to see. You are completely blinded from your sheer-fanboyish love of the game. It's actually really embarrassing. 

Yes. That is exactly what you "implied" (if you know the definition of that word) by saying what you did. Also, to say I'm "completely blinded from my sheer-fanboyish love of the game" is neither productive, nor constructive as you've instructed others to do so, & is rather ignorant to say the least. & as far as man fanboyism goes, I have little-to-no knowledge of video game development. That being said, I tend to be very understanding, & not the least bit entitled (like yourself) when the roadmap of this game doesn't go according to plan. So please, enlighten us of your vast knowledge of how video games should be developed, or better yet, make a better game yourself. What is really embarrassing, is community members like yourself, that give supportive, constructive, logical members like myself a bad name. You are a part of the problem, not the solution.

Stop being so entitled. You read the disclaimer.

Edited by blunce
  • Like 4

See now I miss acceleration. The only time it effected people was in CqC making them put thought into aiming instead of just using twitch style reactions. Iv already seen vids of people who can now 1080 in under 1 sec on SA.....its stupid.

You can still use it if you prefer, but for us with a good gaming mouse with high resolusion, the accel function is crap and makes aiming work like shit. Thank god they made it an option to turn it off.

Also there is a slight lag in each weapon, I rather see them tweak that for more realism than force us to use mouse accel.

Agree with the rest of your post though :P .

Also they should remove the aimdot so we actually have to aim, instead of getting perfect hits from the hip like now with just placing the aimdot over our target, so unrealistic.

Edited by Kaboki

But we are not getting anywhere, do we? You like the SA zeds and I like the Mod zeds compared to SA zeds in their current state(We all know they will be better someday and beat the crap outta the mod, the question is when)

So lets just agree to disagree because you can't convince me, and I can't convince you and the devs probably don't care at all about our discusion anyway, so it's all just pointless. We are just passing time and now I have some other stuff to do:p than arguing pointless things on these forums.

So im pulling out of this discussion now:D

I get what you're saying to a point, but there is no way you can argue that at some point within the next year zeds in the sa will do everything you like about mod zeds and more.

Considering animation pathfinding and not stopping when you enter a building are already in place as better than the mod it's not going to take.much to cover the rest of the bases when it comes to SA zombies.

I get what you're saying to a point, but there is no way you can argue that at some point within the next year zeds in the sa will do everything you like about mod zeds and more.

Considering animation pathfinding and not stopping when you enter a building are already in place as better than the mod it's not going to take.much to cover the rest of the bases when it comes to SA zombies.

No I don't know how they gonna turn out in the end, but im pretty sure they are gonna be 100x better than the Mod zeds when finished. There are already things that are better with SA zombies like pathfinding and animation and movements..... They only lack numbers, a better way of spawning, and they need to move around instead of just standing there passive like now, and also not letting them go trough walls. Also they should not have radar vison like now where they see you for miles, see you when behind cover, and sometimes the oppisite where they can't see you when your right infront of them.  

Maybe they won't be exactly like i say when finished but Im pretty confident that they will be good in the end. Im just impatient, that's why I wanted the mod zombies to be used as placeholders until all these things are in place so we atleast can get a feel that we are in a zombie apocalypse and not playing wasteland. Yesterday I walked around the whole map on EXP and was in many towns, I saw one zombie after miles and miles of walking...So im saying that as it is now, mod zombies are better in my opinion, when I play the mod I get a zombie apocalypse feeling that SA at the moment with all eyecandy and features just don't give me that same feeling...

Edited by Kaboki

dayz MOD sucked the biggest balls ever so many different visions of a game all tarding together with shit zombies and spastic scripting only good thing to come from the mod was 2017 and then DaiZY factions 2017 ... the rest all sucked ...the best thing about SA is no one can mod it yet ...just because you can change something doesnt mean you should 

dayz MOD sucked the biggest balls ever so many different visions of a game all tarding together with shit zombies and spastic scripting only good thing to come from the mod was 2017 and then DaiZY factions 2017 ... the rest all sucked ...the best thing about SA is no one can mod it yet ...just because you can change something doesnt mean you should 

Aren't you contradicting yourself abit here:p? First you say that only good thing that came out of the mod was mods of the mod, then you proceed to say the best thing about SA is that it can't be modded.

If the mod sucked so bad, why did it boost Arma2 sales so much that BI decided to make a own game out of it?? Couldn't have been that bad..And still alot of people prefer play it instead of the SA.....

Only mod of the mod I liked was Namalsk because of the insane intensety with the blodsuckers, freezing cold and earthquakes, now that was survival to the extreme. It was like, team up or die...

Edited by Kaboki
  • Like 1

Aren't you contradicting yourself abit here:p? First you say that only good thing that came out of the mod was mods of the mod, then you proceed to say the best thing about SA is that it can't be modded.

If the mod sucked so bad, why did it boost Arma2 sales so much that BI decided to make a own game out of it?? Couldn't have been that bad..And still alot of people prefer play it instead of the SA.....

Only mod of the mod I liked was Namalsk because of the insane intensety with the blodsuckers, freezing cold and earthquakes, now that was survival to the extreme. It was like, team up or die...

i say lots of things ... i personally prefer SA ... and more to the point wouldnt a mods modded mod negate the first mod therefore becoming its own entity thus dissolving the contradicting nature of the statement  :| ... mod sucked im sure many people could list there reasons ... broken legs.. conga lines..as50... ghillie suited escalade drivers .. overfilling tents ...helicopter main rotor shafts in backpacks ... broken legs ... jerks making youtube videos singing justin beiber songs and dancing in unison ... broken legs ...