kragz

Mod is still better than the SA

Wait, you're telling me that the mod which has seen two years of release development with all sorts of sub-mods has more than the game which has only been publicly available for a few months?

Holy fucking shit Batman, that just blew my mind.

Wait, you're telling me that the mod which has seen two years of release development with all sorts of sub-mods has more than the game which has only been publicly available for a few months?

Holy fucking shit Batman, that just blew my mind.

It's amazing what the stupidity of others can do to someone

I appreciate your response, and this is the only part I take issue with. Standalone zombies just seems so much more smooth than the mod zombies. Sure, in the mod if you're running outside the zombies might be more of a challenge, jittery buggy monkey running on all fours at Kenyan top speed while they zip back and forth in random paths, it can be tough to land a shot on 'em in that state. But then you can just duck inside any building and they form a conga line so you can head shot all of them at your leisure.

Also, the biggest thing that I didn't bring up about the zombies is their server side spawning. They exist even when players aren't within so many meters, which is one of the biggest problems with the mod. You can find a vehicle, drive around until you see some zombies spawned somewhere and you'll instantly know that there is another player around.

On that note, loot is the same situation. Log in on the mod, notice that there is loot already spawn in the building you logged in at, and you instantly know what there is another player around.

And these things are examples of things that can't be fixed in the mod:

• Zombies that walk indoors, rendering them harmless little kittens.
  • Zombies that only spawn when players are near by but not in a moving vehicle.
  • Loot that only spawns when players are near by, but not recently logged in or in a moving vehicle.

They're all fairly game breaking on top of that, in the case of zombies they often make them more help than hindrance for survivors which is totally against the intention of the game in general. I can't tell you how many times I've ran up to a town, pulled out some binoculars and spotted a few zombies that wouldn't be spawned if there wasn't a player around and used them as my own personal hunting dogs.

The standalone has problems sure, but it is in early alpha and the devs can make changes at engine level. We can assume that many of them will be fixed by release.

The mod has a lot of problems too, and many of them really won't ever be fixed just because of its nature as a mod. That isn't saying anything bad about the mod developer, Razer does his best I'm sure, but there is only so much he can do.

I didn't say that the zombies in the mod are perfect, but the way they are in the mod I find 10 times more immersive and they atleast give the 'feel' that Im actually in an apocalypse. You can spot them for miles and theres alot of them and without any weapons they are a threat, even sometimes with weapons too when low on ammo because they have numbers and getting cought in a building with with low ammo is a certain death,  you can sneak around them without they noticing you expecially at night, when in SA they see you for miles with their radar vision.

Offcourse you can pick on them and find 1000 flaws, but I still think they give a better feel to an apocalypse now than the current zombies in SA, wich are nonexistant, if your lucky you see 3-4 of them at the same time in a big city like Elektro or Cherno, and you cant always spot them from a distance, most of the time they just magicly spawn right behind you so it doesn't give you a chance to 'clear out' a area before entering...As I see it there isnt zombies in standalone because they are so rare and harmless and when I see one I say to myself, yes finally something to beat to death after hours of walking and not seen a a single zombie....

Im sure we will have 100 times better zombies when SA is finished without a doubt, but I would be grateful to have some mod zombies as placeholders until we wait for the better ones..

Edited by Kaboki

Almost all of the points I will bring up in this post are regarding actual DayZ Mod, as they all seem to be related to Epoch, or atleast that would make sense, as most of the issues do not happen in DayZ Mod, let me explain:

I load up the mod and into my character just as fast as SA, if not quicker. Thinking about it, it's actually quicker than SA. This obviously doesn't account for Epoop, as it's poorly optimised. This is probably rig dependent, I load into DayZ SA lightning quick compared to DayZmod 1.8 (haven't tried 1.8.1). Just spit balling here, but I'm fairly sure that in Arma 2 your computer processes every entity on the map at all times, where as the Standalone only processes entities within your network bubble. This alone is what I always assumed was the difference in loading times/frame rate. If your computer has a processor that is a few years old, but a video card that is high end the difference can be especially striking.

The M107 was removed waaaay back and the DMR was nerfed and is fairly rare. I'm just going to hope that the standalone never adds semi-auto one shot kill anywhere snipers with twenty round mags that can be found in barracks. The very least they could do would be make high end long range rifles only spawn at chopper crashes.

Serverside-setting. Not the mod's fault. Well, are those setting available on the Standalone? Because of its nature as a mod there are things that can't be changed that limit how good of a game it can be. This is one of those things.

Against the rules of publichive and really depends on the server you're playing on - still doesn't defeat the point of it being against the rules.

But then again - 99% of those servers are Epoch, and as the vehicle-amount and everything else is just far over the top on that anyway, it doesn't really make a difference if you're selling them. I'm fairly sure 99% of mod server in general are Epoch, but I'll have to add that I've played on many "Vanilla" (very loose use of that term) DayZ private hive servers that had the same pay-to-win nonsense. Often times giving things that aren't even possible in the standard mod, such as donation bases.

But you're right, on the 1% of servers that run the mod as intended pay-to-win is against the rules. Sadly those servers are all on the public hive, and that comes with its own issue of server hopping for loot instead of paying for it. Sure, the Standalone has the same issue, but server hopping is another case of something that can be fixed in the standalone that'll never be fixed in the mod.

Have that in the mod as well. Must be 1.8.1. Sorry, haven't tried it yet.

Nope. Since 1.8 I have constant 60 FPS, even in towns (and this is with VSync, meaning 60 is max) - I have yet to get that on SA. Opposite experience here, I get a buttery smooth 60fps in the Standalone in the wilderness, 40 - 50 in old towns, low 30s in new towns. In the mod I get 40 - 50 everywhere for the first hour or so, 30 - 40 during the second hour, and then I'm lucky to get high 20s to low 30s after that. That is on a 20 - 30 pop server mind you, get on a full server in the mod and I just forget about getting decent FPS. 

Nukes? No, not for a long time, as explosions can not be executed clientside anymore. If they try, nothing happens. Just had it happen the other week, but even then it's rare. Needless to mention I didn't die, as he couldn't do shit because of the antihack-measures included in the basecode. I guess I haven't seen an actual animated nuke since about 1.7.6. But I've definitely gotten caught in an entire server kill hack recently, you know the one where everyone is suddenly thrown twenty or so meters in a random direction killing them instantly and every vehicle with anyone near it explodes suddenly. That's what I'm referring to when I'm saying "nuke". As in, everyone on the server dies at once.

Currently working on that one as well as on Basebuilding. Already have something for the next patch.

We added about 5 new Points of Interest in the last patch as well as adding new ones for the next one.

I would take the Mod's mellee any time over the current system of hitting nothing but the ceiling in a house.

This is probably your weakest point. Don't use long weapons melee indoors, that is common sense in real life as well as the standalone. In a house? Use a knife or a hammer. The Standalone melee has way more variety and fluid animations that actually look like someone is swinging a melee weapon. The mod hatchet is probably one of the saddest looking parts of the mod. Everything about it is just embarrassing, the way you hold it when you're running, the way you hold it when you're standing, the swing animation. It is all terrible, and another example of something that can't be made any better within the confines of the mod. 

without any weapons they are a threat

Until you pull out the most classic anti-zombie weapon of all time: Running through a building with two entrances.

I wasn't talking about the overall amount of zombies, and by extension the amount of threat they pose. The standalone definitely needs more zombies and after 64-bit servers are implemented there will be a lot more zombies for sure. But as it stands the mod does a better job of throwing zombies at you (as long as you're not in a vehicle), that is true.

But if we're talking a 1 v 1 zombies comparison, I don't see how the mod zombies are in any way better than the standalone. More jittery and more buggy movement, therefore harder to shoot, sure. But aside from numbers and buggy movement, what else do you think the mod zombies have on the standalone zombies?

Edited by Hefeweizen

Until you pull out the most classic anti-zombie weapon of all time: Running through a building with two entrances. If you can find one:p

I wasn't talking about the overall amount of zombies, and by extension the amount of threat they pose. The standalone definitely needs more zombies and after 64-bit servers are implemented there will be a lot more zombies for sure. But as it stands the mod does a better job of throwing zombies at you (as long as you're not in a vehicle), that is true.

Hmm, I could remember being attacked in a vehicle, but have not had one in the mod lately because I just started playing it again,,maybe your right

But if we're talking a 1 v 1 zombies comparison, I don't see how the mod zombies are in any way better than the standalone. More jittery and more buggy movement, therefore harder to shoot, sure. But aside from numbers and buggy movement, what else do you think the mod zombies have on the standalone zombies?

Yes their animation is fine and all, and they have better pathfinding, but in the overall picture they just are more belivable in the mod, mostly because of the numbers, secondly because you can 'clear out an area' before entering, and 3rd, you can use sneaky tactics to avoid being detected by them, and last they don't just stand there passive as in SA where sometimes you have to literally poke them to get a reaction, and other times they see you at insane distances. And the way they just spawn out of nowhere in SA when you have entered the town wich was emty when you got there and suddenly they come out of thin air...and sometimes the servers are virtually empty of zombies and it just feels like Im playing 'wasteland' and not DayZ.

So I would prefer having mod zombies as placeholders until they have reworked the SA zombies(if possible)....For me the SA zombies sucks at the moment...

Edited by Kaboki

Yes their animation is fine and all, and they have better pathfinding, but in the overall picture they just are more belivable in the mod

I guess we have differing definitions of believability, the buggy way mod zombies move has always been completely immersion killing for me and most of the people I play with. I don't understand why the mod zombies are set up in different stances honestly, if they got rid of the chimpan-zombies and the crawlers they'd almost be passable.

As far as stealth goes... Who still tries to stealth around in the mod? Sorry man, but that is like first month playstyle right there. Much more effective to just sprint around through buildings, only stopping to kill zombies if you see some loot you'd like to pick up, though most of the time that isn't necessary as they're so slow inside you have more than enough to check the entire building for loot and then run past them like nothing on your way out.

Also, I'm not sure what you're talking about in regards to clearing out a place before you loot it, if you kill zombies in the mod they almost immediately respawn out of a nearby unenterable building. I guess you can run into a building and kill all the zombies chasing you, and then not worry them jumping you while you're inside said building. But clearing out towns isn't possible in the mod and once again, that is one of those things that the standalone will be able to do, but the mod won't.

Like I said, I was talking about a 1 to 1 zombie comparison, if all we're talking about that makes zombies more believable is numbers then I guess there is some merit to that idea. More zombies is probably more believable than less or whatever. However, the standalone couldn't actually have the mod zombies as placeholders as they'd still be server side, and since the servers are still 32-bit their numbers would still be very low. So we'd have a small amount of zombies, they'd just be all terrible like they are in the mod. However, once the servers are changed to 64-bit and the ceiling on server performance is lifted, I'd prefer 10x the standalone zombies to the mod zombies. No question about that at all. 

I guess the mod zombies might be more of a challenge until you learn their mechanics, but afterward both the mod zombies and the standalone zombies are total pushovers at the moment. The standalone zombies just have the advantage not having seizures and running the complete opposite direction from you when they're trying to close in on you, and also not becoming a headshot conga-line when they get inside.

Edited by Hefeweizen

I guess we have differing definitions of believability, the buggy way mod zombies move has always been completely immersion killing for me and most of the people I play with. I don't understand why the mod zombies are set up in different stances honestly, if they got rid of the chimpan-zombies and the crawlers they'd almost be passable.

I like the crawlers....and I love the Namalsk blodsuckers(mod of the mod i know but still)

As far as stealth goes... Who still tries to stealth around in the mod? Sorry man, but that is like first month playstyle right there. Much more effective to just sprint around through buildings, only stopping to kill zombies if you see some loot you'd like to pick up, though most of the time that isn't necessary as they're so slow inside you have more than enough to check the entire building for loot and then run past them like nothing on your way out.

I know you can run through buildings to slow them down, but I like to be able to sneak if I want too and find that more 'realistic' than the zombies in SA with radar vision,,,and sometimes just dumb as hell and can't see or hear you at a 2 meter distance.... Love the 'feeling' in the mod when crawling past dozens of zombies in the dark and being able to without agroing them and waste bullets and it feels creepy. In the SA I just walk into any town without having to worry about anything except players, most likely I won't see even 1 zed... Offcourse I know I can run and even have a herd following me like tame sheeps, often do that and have them with me to get other players into trouble(less expirenced players).

And for many people the mod zombies are quite dangerous, played on a server couple of days ago and most players got killed by zombies, on a SA server almost nobody gets killed by zombies they all get shoot by other players...

And do you know what we all talked about in sidechat?? How much more challenge the mod had over SA, and everyone was bored of SA and had gone back to the mod because of the zeds...... And everyone agreed and that's rare, so Im not the only guy that feels this way about the zeds in SA...

Also, I'm not sure what you're talking about in regards to clearing out a place before you loot it, if you kill zombies in the mod they almost immediately respawn out of a nearby unenterable building. I guess you can run into a building and kill all the zombies chasing you, and then not worry them jumping you while you're inside said building. But clearing out towns isn't possible in the mod and once again, that is one of those things that the standalone will be able to do, but the mod won't.

I have cleared out an area many times in the mod, like take out zombies at the airports then loot, taking out the 3 zombies at dear stands and then loot.... etc...are we playing the same mod?

Also seing alot of dead zombies laying there for a long time after they are dead also gives a better feel to it, not like in SA where they just disapear right after you killed it, sometimes they lay there for longer but not close to how long the bodies of zombies lay in the mod. Many times I come into a town in the mod where there are laying alot of dead zombies around and that gives me a 'feel' of other survivors struggle in the apocalypse.

But we are not getting anywhere, do we? You like the SA zeds and I like the Mod zeds compared to SA zeds in their current state(We all know they will be better someday and beat the crap outta the mod, the question is when)

So lets just agree to disagree because you can't convince me, and I can't convince you and the devs probably don't care at all about our discusion anyway, so it's all just pointless. We are just passing time and now I have some other stuff to do:p than arguing pointless things on these forums.

So im pulling out of this discussion now:D

Edited by Kaboki

But we are not getting anywhere, do we? You like the SA zeds and I like the Mod zeds compared to SA zeds in their current state(We all know they will be better someday and beat the crap outta the mod, the question is when)

So lets just agree to disagree because you can't convince me, and I can't convince you and the devs probably don't care at all about our discusion anyway, so it's all just pointless. We are just passing time and now I have some other stuff to do:p than arguing pointless things on these forums.

So im pulling out of this discussion now:D

Jyeeeah. 

I win the discussion, who's gonna high five me?

Both sides are right. Mod is better as it has zombies that "work", and there are shitloads of them as it should be. I play mod, and I dont quit untill I kill 100-150 zombies. It has better weapon mechanics, it has vehicles. Vehicles are there to give you something to do (repairing, refueling, even finding them and stealing them). SA on other hand looks better, map is way better, and it will only get better with new towns. SA lacks zombies, ones that are in game are awfull. When I started playing mod I spent all night on my belly so they dont see me. SA has finaly normal inventory system. It has crafting, and you can customise your caracter as you wish. And with new stuff that are coming (some are already in experimental) there will be more accent on survival (finding food, sherter, suplies).

Right now, SA is a little beter than deathmatch as you have nothing to do but to look other players to kill them.

Personally I prefer Standalone and I don't think mod is more hardcore, I think it is less hardcore...Standalone usually has restricted and busy servers where as in the mod most the servers have either

Too many vechicles

Loot everywhere

Admins that cheat

Also, the mod zombies are worse than Standalone imo, I hate the way they run, their hit detection is the laggiest buggiest combat ever seen in  a game, usually they hit me from several metres away...They dodge bullets and act stupid..I much prefer standalone zombies even when they are running through the wall...

the other thing that puts me off Arma 2 compeltely: aim acceleration. So much better aiming and movement in the standalone already... Not to mention the improved inventory and UI, better graphics on characters and items, reworked medic system (no magic bloodbag anymore)...

Day Z mod seems very dated compared to the Standalone.

• Like 1

SA lacks zombies, ones that are in game are awfull. 

Now wait a damn minute, nobody here has been able to tell me why they think mod zombies are better than the standalone zombies. Aside from numbers, and some bullshit about stealth that nobody uses.

So prey tell, what if anything is better about the mod zombies? And it better have absolutely nothing to do with numbers.

• Like 1

Dayz:SA has a PAID team of developers and is very fortunate to have been HEAVILY funded in its very early stages. Despite this, it shows very little and slow progress.

Because money is the answer to everything right? Maybe they should hire the stack of cash with googly eyes from Geico. Then we should see some real progress.

Don't be so entitled.

Because money is the answer to everything right? Maybe they should hire the stack of cash with googly eyes from Geico. Then we should see some real progress.

Don't be so entitled.

Did I imply it was the answer to everything, or did I include that among other points? Stop trying see what you want to see. You are completely blinded from your sheer-fanboyish love of the game. It's actually really embarrassing. 

• Like 1

Now wait a damn minute, nobody here has been able to tell me why they think mod zombies are better than the standalone zombies. Aside from numbers, and some bullshit about stealth that nobody uses.

So prey tell, what if anything is better about the mod zombies? And it better have absolutely nothing to do with numbers.

Why dayz mod zombies are better, without referring to numbers...

1, Pathfinding....they use house entrances and exits

2, They hit hard.... 3-4 hits for a kill in the right places

3, Stealth....it works lol, you say many don't use it I say its vital if you don't want that sniper following the zombie train through scope and finding you.

4, Respawn, they may pop up in front of you every now and then, but the endless wave ensures they are a constant threat.

That's 4 without going into numbers, on that subject though...

Why struggle to have so many on map at once. Why not use the mods system of despawning them when no one is around and just increase the range at which they spawn. Then no one can just scope a city and know there is a player there. Seems like that would help with server performance more that them all in all the time.

Personally I prefer Standalone and I don't think mod is more hardcore, I think it is less hardcore...Standalone usually has restricted and busy servers where as in the mod most the servers have either

Too many vechicles

Loot everywhere

Admins that cheat

Also, the mod zombies are worse than Standalone imo, I hate the way they run, their hit detection is the laggiest buggiest combat ever seen in  a game, usually they hit me from several metres away...They dodge bullets and act stupid..I much prefer standalone zombies even when they are running through the wall...

the other thing that puts me off Arma 2 compeltely: aim acceleration. So much better aiming and movement in the standalone already... Not to mention the improved inventory and UI, better graphics on characters and items, reworked medic system (no magic bloodbag anymore)...

Day Z mod seems very dated compared to the Standalone.

See now I miss acceleration. The only time it effected people was in CqC making them put thought into aiming instead of just using twitch style reactions. Iv already seen vids of people who can now 1080 in under 1 sec on SA.....its stupid.

When sniping accel had 0 effect because the degree of movement was so small, it was only if someone snuck up behind you, you coundnt turn on a dime and win, dispite them putting in the effort to gain that tactical advantage over you.

Well they could win....if they remained calm and used a controlled thoughtfull mouse sweep, but if they twitched it would be all over....seems like such a step backwards to remove something like that and replace it with a system where you can 180 in a split and come out on top.....not authentic....not dayz....or so I thought.

The mod atm holds my interest so much more. Sure its hard to find a server set up as a true vanilla. But put some effort into finding a good one and the mod wins over the SA hands down for me (even more so with the new patch) :)

• Like 2

See now I miss acceleration. The only time it effected people was in CqC making them put thought into aiming instead of just using twitch style reactions. Iv already seen vids of people who can now 1080 in under 1 sec on SA.....its stupid.

urgh, just don't even start that one. The thread on these forums had hundreds of posts and after Arma3  had its own much nicer tactical aiming system majority were very dissapointed when Standalone released with bad aim acceleration> it  is much better now and still be developed

As for turning so quickly they need to reduce overall sensitivity (different to acceleration) and make the mosin and m4 possible a bit slower behind the crosshair.

It is a vast improvement over the mod sensitivity and acceleration which is awful, and even try to play it now with X and Y set the same value in Config the crosshair moves horribly different on the Y compared to the X making it even harder to judge and practise /learn muscle memory

and is so far removed from 1 to 1 mouse movement it just feels shit for the sake of been shit and  not realistic at all. My arms dont move weirdly they dont move fast then slow as acceleration works if i try to move them too fast they move how I want them to move, and that should reflected in the game. I think aiming is fine in Bf4, counterstrike etc and the best balanced aiming i have played is probably Arma 3 which still has the slight reduction of speed for larger weapons without making it feel completely retarded like in the mod

Edited by AgentNe0

Did I imply it was the answer to everything, or did I include that among other points? Stop trying see what you want to see. You are completely blinded from your sheer-fanboyish love of the game. It's actually really embarrassing. 

Blinded? What a bold claim, because I'm shure the average player can have his own opinion, because it seems VERY entitled to go off and claim we're "blinded" by "sheer fanboyish love" of the game. I'll admit, the Standalone has problems. But these are problems with the huge change to the RV engine, which was an entire new league that Bohemia had yet to undertake. It's been delayed SEVERAL times, and they even canned their original build a few months in (aka; the polished mod). Just because you disagree with someone, don't assume that we're blinded. We see it differently.

Don't assume. It makes an ass out of you and me.

Why dayz mod zombies are better, without referring to numbers...

1, Pathfinding....they use house entrances and exits. They still glitch through walls all the damn time though. If they can't find their way in they just start wailing on you through whatever wall is closest to you. And since we're talking about pathfinding, how bout their garbage outdoor path finding when compared to the standalone zombies? I'd say just the fact that they don't have the mod zombies embarrassingly bad outdoor path finding puts them leagues ahead.

2, They hit hard.... 3-4 hits for a kill in the right places. Except they'll never ever hit you unless you're dumb enough to stand still outside while they're chasing you. Standalone zombies also can kill you in a few hits as well and they don't line up single file for easy headshots when you enter a building either. So this point is moot.

3, Stealth....it works lol, you say many  all don't use it I say its vital if you don't want that sniper following the zombie train through scope and finding you.  :rolleyes:

4, Respawn, they may pop up in front of you every now and then, but the endless wave ensures they are a constant threat. What threat? Are you actually telling me you've been in danger from the mod zombies any time since your first month of play?

That's 4 without going into numbers, on that subject though...

Why struggle to have so many on map at once. Why not use the mods system of despawning them when no one is around and just increase the range at which they spawn. Then no one can just scope a city and know there is a player there. Seems like that would help with server performance more that them all in all the time. Because the server side calculations needed spawn zombies based off of range would be more intensive than just having them spawned at server start, and then replacing them every time one is killed. Why do you think we don't have respawning loot yet?

In the mod the zombies were spawned client side, which saved the servers a lot on performance, but also allowed for super easy hacks like Z-shield.

Blinded? What a bold claim, because I'm shure the average player can have his own opinion, because it seems VERY entitled to go off and claim we're "blinded" by "sheer fanboyish love" of the game. I'll admit, the Standalone has problems. But these are problems with the huge change to the RV engine, which was an entire new league that Bohemia had yet to undertake. It's been delayed SEVERAL times, and they even canned their original build a few months in (aka; the polished mod). Just because you disagree with someone, don't assume that we're blinded. We see it differently.

Don't assume. It makes an ass out of you and me.

Are you a troll? Serious question. You're the one that ASSUMED I was saying they have money therefore all their problems are solved. Something you conjured up out of thin air.

Just because somebody disagrees with you doesn't mean you can literally make up and argument that didn't exist in the first place, then attack that. 

Also it's *sure. 

See now I miss acceleration. 

Ew... I just caught this part. Now, I don't generally think there can be a right and a wrong opinion on something. But I can safely say your opinion on this matter in particular is wrong.

Mouse acceleration... jeez, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little... I can see now see how its possible that you could think the terrible mod zombies are good. Are you from an alternate universe of some sort? Like that episode where Spock has a beard?

Ew... I just caught this part. Now, I don't generally think there can be a right and a wrong opinion on something. But I can safely say your opinion on this matter in particular is wrong.

Mouse acceleration... jeez, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little... I can see now see how its possible that you could think the terrible mod zombies are good. Are you from an alternate universe of some sort? Like that episode where Spock has a beard?

So you prefer the CoD style mouse movement we have now?  Are you one of the leet 360noscope guys?

So you prefer the CoD style mouse movement we have now?  Are you one of the leet 360noscope guys?

the gun doesn't move like in COD< when was the last time you played COD? The gun drags behind the crosshair dot and catches up with it to simulate some degree of weight although as I said it needs increasing on the Mosin and scoped weapons...You can feel the character movement already drastically changes whether unarmed, holding a sniper, or holding an axe for example. In COD/ Counterstrike your character will always have 1 to 1 mouse movement, and the gun always stays in centre exactly on crosshair, unlike day z standalone as explained.. It is a subtle difference but helps a lot to prevent it from been completely twitch..if you can't tell the difference between them you are the one who doesn't notice the aiming difference, quality and weighting

As for the 360/1080 complaints..that is simply allowing a too high top speed but even the mod can do that if you set sens. all the way up

If you are asking do i prefer the Mod/ Standalone launch day Aiming, Compared to the Standalone now with de-acceleration removed....then its now everytime, so much better, and more playable. Forget about other people been able to turn quickly (as they can in real life) and think about user and ergonomics..Sorry but F**k playing a game for hours where the mouse feels like it does in day z mod..its so bad and clunky. So glad they fixed this (or started fixing it)now and didnt wait till beta./launch like everything else. It made all the difference to Standalone enjoyability. And the majority of players voted for this /

Edited by AgentNe0

urgh, just don't even start that one. The thread on these forums had hundreds of posts and after Arma3  had its own much nicer tactical aiming system majority were very dissapointed when Standalone released with bad aim acceleration> it  is much better now and still be developed

As for turning so quickly they need to reduce overall sensitivity (different to acceleration) and make the mosin and m4 possible a bit slower behind the crosshair.

It is a vast improvement over the mod sensitivity and acceleration which is awful, and even try to play it now with X and Y set the same value in Config the crosshair moves horribly different on the Y compared to the X making it even harder to judge and practise /learn muscle memory

and is so far removed from 1 to 1 mouse movement it just feels shit for the sake of been shit and  not realistic at all. My arms dont move weirdly they dont move fast then slow as acceleration works if i try to move them too fast they move how I want them to move, and that should reflected in the game. I think aiming is fine in Bf4, counterstrike etc and the best balanced aiming i have played is probably Arma 3 which still has the slight reduction of speed for larger weapons without making it feel completely retarded like in the mod

I honestly have no idea what your on about with the x,y thing, always performed perfectly for me in the mod. My main gripe is that systems like BF CS L4D....we don't move like that. Humans are cumbersome clunky creatures.

The thing I liked most was it pointing at the sky if you moved too fast. Sure your arms move quick but your torso does not....that requires footwork, so slowing you mid turn is correct. Then going too fast (the speed of an average twitch shooter) IRL would either cause you to fall over or pull something in your lower back. That what it simulated to me. On a paintballing field I have no chance of hitting a guy who gets behind me on a twitch reflex.

No game made me feel like I was in control of a human being like A2 did. I do a lot of paintballing and trust me that mouse accel system was great for portraying actual human movement. I remember saying to friends in answer to why I got shot..."I paniced and moved too quick" never going to be able to say that again with this system.....just either I got lucky or didn't, no skill involved. It should come down to player control, awareness and skill. But that's just me, I like sims, and systems that don't care about user friendly, more about realism. Gamey stuff like 1:1 mouse movement is the type of decision that rly gets under my skin lol

DAYZ....DECIDE....ARE YOU A SIM OR A GAME!

The Mod tends to be more for the skilled survivor and the SA is more for the casuals. At least it seems to be where the direction is going. 

My question is, you people who love SA in it's current state over the mod version, break down what it is exactly you do.

haha

troll threadz

go away

• Like 1

If by CoD you mean "Every god damn shooter since Quake" then yes. I much prefer to having good Arma 3 controls to shitty Arma 2 controls.

Its about being accurate, it has nothing to do with 360noscopes, or whatever nonsense you're yammering on about.

• Like 1