nl

Things to do in stable - prepare for next update

Some weeks ago I posted in the gallery about a tourist trip visiting all the sights or easter eggs in the game as a way to pass the time in stable.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/188817-a-touristic-day-in-chernarus/

Since the current version is out for a while now, my character(s) is fully geared and I'm usually not interested in PvP and am cured of trying to be a hero I was thinking what I could do next in the game since it is impossible for me at the moment to play in experimental due to rubberbanding, game crashes and disconnecting sessions.

So I decided to prepare my stable toon for the upcoming update. This causes some decisions to be made because being able to cook, fish, make fire and skin animals can require quite some inventory space for stuff we didn't need until the latest update. Stuff like knifes, sticks, paper, matches (fire kit), hooks, worms, pots, pans, gas cartridges, burners and so on all take up a lot of space. As long as we have no persistent storage all has to be carried on your person.

So I decided I can do with a max of 3 food cans, 2 canteens, no sodas (will look for ponds and wells more often). I ditched my red dot scope, dumped a magazine (now have 2x60 round stanags) dumped some ammo (not Pvp'ing anyway). I am also thinking about dumping my FNX pistol, this will free up a lot of space because I have 4 mags and some spare ammo. If I also ditch my ammo box and just have the 120 bullets in my mags for the M4 and 2x60 rounds I free up a lot of slots by losing the FNX and extra ammo / mags.

Great thing about the update I think it makes you think more about what to carry and, just as important, what not to carry. I used to only use the improvised backpack but now use the hunter pack again to get some more room.

Edited by SAK
  • Like 5

I gathered stuff a while ago on hardcore. I just hope my character is still there when the update drops.

I'm glad it's starting to get to the stage where you have to think about and prioritise what to carry.

For a while now I've kept what I carry to a minimum as I like to run without a backpack once I have a jacket and vest. I'm hoping to be able to get away with the courier bag once hunting and/or fishing become necessary.

I've been almost ready for months on both modes. To make it complete, I need rope and a rock.

Let's not forget that you also need knife/machette to butcher and skin animals,  hatchet to get firewood and sometimes even shovel/f.hoe is needed to dig up earthworms.

Lone wolfs can have  hard time to carry all the needed stuff. Groups obviously will not have that problem.

I am sitting in a bush waiting for Novodmitrovsk to magically appear in front of me.

• Like 4

I assumed with the next patch characters would be reset? I know it doesn't happen every time there is a new patch but with the largeness of this next one i assumed they might

Can I have your FNX? :D

What you have to barter? ;) (btw this is on hardcore)

jeans, tshirt, rifle, 20 rounds, rags, morphine stick, binos, endgame

• Like 1

The worst part about stable is that nearly everyone has 120+ rounds for their M4A1, just like you, just like me, just like everyone else.

Why ammunition isn't rare by now is beyond me...

I am sitting in a bush waiting for Novodmitrovsk to magically appear in front of me.

If too close you might end up a basement dweller :)

I assumed with the next patch characters would be reset? I know it doesn't happen every time there is a new patch but with the largeness of this next one i assumed they might

yep. With the change in M4 distribution, I expect a reset as well.