SmashT

Plan for release of 0.45 to Stable

1. So you're an expert when it comes to developing games?

2. You're mixing my post with what vwarriorv said.

3. You can't understand even a simple sentence.

4. You should think about some kind of anger management therapy.

Have a good day.

1. As far as you know he simply could be a programmer, never judge unless you truly know, hell I could be the president of mexico and you would never know. El Presidente :P

2. Hes giving a general idea not mixing posts up.

3. If you really cant understand that then i fear your english may be a bit off because my 7 year old niece could read that perfectly, i tested. Are you smarter then 2nd grader?

4. My posts have been far more in need of anger management this is calm compared to some shit ive posted. If you can't handle that I'd love to see you through basic training lol

P.S - sorry DirtyWings for fighting your battles mate just felt like trolling a troll ;)

• Like 1

Asides all the back and forth shit talking ... any general idea when .45 will be ready? Curious is all.

At the risk of sounding like a jerk to both parties I am well aware of what buying into the Alpha entails, but I was not expecting such severe delays in the developers releasing content.

An alpha is about stabilising and adding, the beta is for refinement and optimisation.

With the current rate of updates to DayZ I find it difficult to believe that the game will be in beta any time in the next 12 to 18 months.

As it stands I find myself 'retiring' for weeks on end, because nothing changes in the game, and it can be seriously lacking in entertainment value at times.

That said, I have been enjoying it since the last patch, and can't wait for .45 - I tried testing on experimental but the rubberbanding made it unplayable.

finding entertaining gameplay in alpha builds is a rare luck, and not something to expect, or even demand. those who dont enjoy the game currently - and especially those whose feedback is limited to complaining about their expectations not being met, are truely well-advised to retire from the game until a later date.

as for changes, we have seen major ones in recent months - even though the (imho) most significant of them didnt affect our gameplay as testers: the major expansion of the development team, and the decision to replace the rendering engine.

there are several points worth critique, but neither the development pace nor the transparency of the development process are among them. we have seen big changes in the requirements and manifest - the network/server architecture, the switch to steam infrastructure, most recently the decision to change the renderer. all these have been communicated clearly to the community, and have - obviously - trashed any roadmap existing prior to each respective change. merging three dev teams/studios into one and bringing everyone into one workflow similarly has costed a lot of time. any and all of the issues have been promptly communicated to the community, be it on twitter, reddit, devblog or through the community team here in the forums.

if you're frustrated with the performance of the game, its entertainment value, or gameplay/content progress, dont shit on the game or the devs. they are not to blame for false expectations

if you encounter a bug - try to reproduce it, document it, and provide a concise report to the feedback tracker, including any relevant files like screenshots or dxdiag report file. feel free to discuss it here, to lament it, but again - please dont shit on it.

and to the other party: considering the amount of copies sold, and the hype the game has recieved online, we totally should not be surprised about people coming here with high expectations. stop shoving 'alpher! hurrdurr" in their faces. yes, it gets repetitive, but keep calm and refer them to the abundantly available infos to set their perspective straight.

we have quite a diverse community here: milsim diehards, hardcore survivalists, MLG PvPers, sandbox carebears, etc. everyone of us has an own vision of what this game could and should become, and obviously most of us will have to compromise or face disappointment. try to keep this in mind.

Edited by e47
  • Like 13

finding entertaining gameplay in alpha builds is a rare luck, and not something to expect, or even demand. those who dont enjoy the game currently - and especially those whose feedback is limited to complaining about their expectations not being met, are truely well-advised to retire from the game until a later date.

as for changes, we have seen major ones in recent months - even though the (imho) most significant of them didnt affect our gameplay as testers: the major expansion of the development team, and the decision to replace the rendering engine.

there are several points worth critique, but neither the development pace nor the transparency of the development process are among them. we have seen big changes in the requirements and manifest - the network/server architecture, the switch to steam infrastructure, most recently the decision to change the renderer. all these have been communicated clearly to the community, and have - obviously - trashed any roadmap existing prior to each respective change. merging three dev teams/studios into one and bringing everyone into one workflow similarly has costed a lot of time. any and all of the issues have been promptly communicated to the community, be it on twitter, reddit, devblog or through the community team here in the forums.

if you're frustrated with the performance of the game, its entertainment value, or gameplay/content progress, dont shit on the game or the devs. they are not to blame for false expectations

if you encounter a bug - try to reproduce it, document it, and provide a concise report to the feedback tracker, including any relevant files like screenshots or dxdiag report file. feel free to discuss it here, to lament it, but again - please dont shit on it.

and to the other party: considering the amount of copies sold, and the hype the game has recieved online, we totally should not be surprised about people coming here with high expectations. stop shoving 'alpher! hurrdurr" in their faces. yes, it gets repetitive, but keep calm and refer them to the abundantly available infos to set their perspective straight.

we have quite a diverse community here: milsim diehards, hardcore survivalists, MLG PvPers, sandbox carebears, etc. everyone of us has an own vision of what this game could and should become, and obviously most of us will have to compromise or face disappointment. try to keep this in mind.

are you single? you just won my heart lol jk ... or am i ;) lol ... i admit i do shove alpha out there a lot, should be better with it and calm the temper more often then not. Thanks for being a true middle ground dude!

• Like 1

I guess as it was supposed to be last Wednesday morning there is a chance it would be tomorow morning (wednesday) . So anyone care for a wager. ?

I guess as it was supposed to be last Wednesday morning there is a chance it would be tomorow morning (wednesday) . So anyone care for a wager. ?

I doubt it. What is holding the update back is the rubberbanding issue. They haven't pushed a solution to the experimental branch yet, and personally I doubt that if a solution is ready they would push it directly to stable without prior testing.

But there are still several hours of work for them today, and nobody really knows at what point they are with the rewriting the problematic area.

Ill put my bear hat and smoke from my cute kitty lips for wednesday.

i think the problem is they keep changing the road map they layed out in the begining.no loot or zombie respawn was the original plan.now that has all gone to shit and they are reworking the whole game. get a plan and stick to it please.and while your at it unnerf the guns please and thankyou.

1. As far as you know he simply could be a programmer, never judge unless you truly know, hell I could be the president of mexico and you would never know. El Presidente :P

2. Hes giving a general idea not mixing posts up.

3. If you really cant understand that then i fear your english may be a bit off because my 7 year old niece could read that perfectly, i tested. Are you smarter then 2nd grader?

4. My posts have been far more in need of anger management this is calm compared to some shit ive posted. If you can't handle that I'd love to see you through basic training lol

P.S - sorry DirtyWings for fighting your battles mate just felt like trolling a troll ;)

But your English is terrible...

Edited by Hopix

Well old chap, please answer a few questions. Why is it that everything has to move at breakneck speeds to satisfy people?

Our economic Design perhaps. Moor's law applies to all things even space and time it's self, we live in an age of breakneck speeds, time limits, small windows of opportunity, light-speed data. Not many individuals can even awaken in the day without already being late to an appointment, it is imbued in us. Look at Credit card consumerism: "Why wait? Buy now pay later!", Fast food, TV on demand...  DSL was the shit, for a minute than T1 and Fiber and there shortly DSL speeds became unbearable. With more capability comes exponentially more demand, therefore it's impossible for the demand to be satiated. It's like that episode of Futurama where Prof. Farnsworth's test tube son sends a contest letter having to wait 2 full seconds for a reply when the envelope guaranteed instantaneous.

But your English is terrible...

read e47's post, we are past all this, sorry to all i trolled except for you because i don't think i ever trolled your troll. For the record i passed English all years with A+ ... not exactly writing an essay on here so my point of view is why bother, went through a life time it seems with all that perfect spelling and perfect grammar, its lazy time now boy! woot! Plus 5 years of not paying attention to it really does effect how you type sadly, its true "you don't use it you lose it."

Friday.. just before the weekend would be nice. But this is just my guess. 

any news about fixing bullet impact issue when you cant see where does bullet lands and how its affects the subject you hit (no blood for example)  on 200m+ distance issue?

• Like 1

in case that anyone wonders how that looks like I made a video corncering this issue:

• Like 1

Is experimental shit right now or was it just me?

I couldn't even play. Rubber banding and total crashes.

Anyway, see you in six months. I hope.

Rubberbanding is very minimal if you don't run around like a dik (as you can see in the youtube vids wining about it), you should only rly get it bad one or twice an hour.

When you've been playing on a server for 10+ mins and it resets or you leave you will need to restart the game or you will crash on logging in or just after.

Pretty much fine otherwise.

guys, i was wondering about chernarus map.

we getting new cities and locations in patches but the map still the same size. would i ever hope for something like this?

ArmA2_Chernarus_factbook_map.jpg

we getting new cities and locations in patches but the map still the same size. would i ever hope for something like this?

I really doubt it. I myself am hoping for some expansion, but a map that size is an unrealistic expectation.

ArmA2_Chernarus_factbook_map.jpg

NO Chance ever !! What I am hoping for is beeing able to travell between different maps later on using the same character...

• Like 1

Rubberbanding is very minimal if you don't run around like a dik (as you can see in the youtube vids wining about it), you should only rly get it bad one or twice an hour.

When you've been playing on a server for 10+ mins and it resets or you leave you will need to restart the game or you will crash on logging in or just after.

Pretty much fine otherwise.

This doesn't work for me. I get moved back in time, similar to Rocket's explanation, just walking from place to place. The further I get away from other players it seems to get better.

I have abandoned the game for now.

NO Chance ever !! What I am hoping for is beeing able to travell between different maps later on using the same character...

Well, to be fair his map size is similar to Altis which works fine for multiplayer in ARMA III.

Warriors of dayz, hear me now! Quickly take arms behind your keyboards and vigilantly defend this game against all criticism!

Go outside for some sunlight for a change instead of waiting at your keyboards until, god have mercy someone actually critiques this game!!!

This game is balony, this community is salami.

Boneboys moderator of the week as one of the worst forum administrators.

Cheers guys.

Your avatar pic is a PERFECT fit for you, you thick headed gorilla. We have no problem with PROPER critiques of the games development an example would be the rubber banding issue that is something to critique. While your opinion of the games progress and that your brothers sons daughters sons 15 year old child can code faster is not a critique but a cry for help Biff. You are just an unhappy person who is in pain who then spreads that pain so your not alone anymore. Being unhappy with their timeline because it doesn't match your own delusional timeline is not a critique. Also being unhappy with the developers "ability" to code faster is simply due to your false notions as to what the development of a game really is or coding for that matter. This game has and does continue to make great progress they listen they learn they adapt and they hire if they cant handle the work load. Please critique the game report bugs talk about these bugs on the forums try to get the DEVs attenton but in a constructive manner. Do not do one liners and smart ass remarks and not expect to be called out on it and then try to hide behind some false sense of virtue.

Nope, just want you idiots to go away and stop cluttering up the forums with the completely useless garbage that falls out of that shithole between your nose and chin

Sadly they never will these forums & others are their home. The internet rules dictate that trolls will troll anywhere anytime anyspace anytime&space anyuniverse or anymulitverse. Sadly the internet is not so much a home for the compassionate but instead is a home for the the sociopath.

You all take your time and roll out this update when it's ready!  This "pause" in major updates is nice for me, I have needed a break from letting DayZ take over my spare time.  I will be ready to come back once the update is actually complete and "stable", then I will enjoy ambushing all the punks trying to catch their first fish :)