Ozelot (DayZ)

Isn't "DayZ" quite possibly the dumbest name ever?

Hello there

At least it's not Warz.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Ocelot.jpg

Personally i think there not boring at all. Very beautiful animals. Id have one as a pet so long as it doesn't bite my face off.

I didn't say the animal was boring...

I didn't say the animal was boring...

Don't take it so serious. XD

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/leonardoda107812.html

Seems like the rest of the internet disagrees with you.

You're right. I mean, do you really believe anyone would do that? Just go on the internet and tell lies?

So OP what is your excuse for using "Ozelot", which is just a type of animal as your nickname? You can't blame Alpha on this one. It isn't even intimidating or unique. It seems rather ridiculous and boooooring to me.

Edit: Do you know what opinions are like and that everyone's got one? :P

Did you even read the thread? I guess not.

Seriously, who came up with that? You cannot blame "Alpha" on this one. It doesn't even sound like it has anything to do with zombies or even is named after a cool zombie movie. No, it is just the word "Day" and then the letter Z at the end. Boooooring.

I mean, when they went standalone was there seriously no thought at all being given to this one simple truth? They could not have thought up something cool instead of something that sounds like a fourteen year old boy's afterthought while naming his livejournal account...?

Personally, I don't know why anyone would have wanted to buy a game named just "DayZ" if it hadn't been for the mod's fame. It does not sound intimidating or even unique. I really really want to know why no one up to this point ever noticed it and pointed it out. Was it Dean Hall that came up with the name? I am really confused and would like to know the process behind how the name came out. It seems rather ridiculous to me.

FAIL.

Here's a small list of fail names.  DayZ is fine.  This thread fails to deliver.  0/10

Tongue of the Fatman
Commodore 64, DOS, Mega Drive - 1989

Spanky's Quest
Super Nintendo - 1991

NRA Gun Club
PS2 - 2006

Rex Nebular and the Cosmic Gender Bender
DOS, Mac - 1992

• Like 1

Here's a small list of fail names.  DayZ is fine.  This thread fails to deliver.  0/10

Rex Nebular and the Cosmic Gender Bender

DOS, Mac - 1992

Nothing wrong with that, I remember it well.

L

• Like 1

lol sorry but you just said in your post " Personally, I don't know why anyone would have wanted to buy a game named just "DayZ"....um you did right? Even if you downloaded just the Mod....and played it....I mean sure you didn't "buy" the mod but you still chose to download, install, run, and play a game with a name that is so horrific by your standards it would baffle the simpler minded as to your reasoning to do any of those things and be a part of a game with such a horrible name right....? Being simpler minded myself, lol, wtf did you? NOW, in the event you actually have the Standalone too.....HOLY SCHNIKEYS.....I think a black hole might've just opened bc that reasoning could rip apart the space time continuum....

One vote for Day Zombaloid.

• Like 2

one vote for deleting this thread.... :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Some of the best bands have really stupid names, who are we to judge what sticks? Better then Day One Zed One or some crap like that.

So how are all them whales in wales?

You realize im just joking right?

If by whales, you mean overweight ugly looking women, then there is more than enough.

• Like 2

Seriously, who came up with that? You cannot blame "Alpha" on this one. It doesn't even sound like it has anything to do with zombies or even is named after a cool zombie movie. No, it is just the word "Day" and then the letter Z at the end. Boooooring.

I mean, when they went standalone was there seriously no thought at all being given to this one simple truth? They could not have thought up something cool instead of something that sounds like a fourteen year old boy's afterthought while naming his livejournal account...?

Personally, I don't know why anyone would have wanted to buy a game named just "DayZ" if it hadn't been for the mod's fame. It does not sound intimidating or even unique. I really really want to know why no one up to this point ever noticed it and pointed it out. Was it Dean Hall that came up with the name? I am really confused and would like to know the process behind how the name came out. It seems rather ridiculous to me.

so uhh, what would you name it?

I never know how to say it, being British we would say Z as Zed, but saying it as Zee just rolls of the tongue better DayZee or DayZed? Daisy?

I just call it zombie mod game...

So how are all them whales in wales?

You realize im just joking right?

How are all those Gan's in Michigan?

• Like 1

Except theres no tanks or thousands of ppl dying on a beach as well as tones of military loot lying around. Wheres my damn Springfield and Sherman Tank?!!!

There isn't thousands of people dying on a beach? Lol

Hello there

Google? wtf? 

Why would anyone want to use a Search engine with a name like that?

Well in all fairness, the name was derived from the mathmatical term "googol", which according to dictionary.com, is "A number that is equal to 1 followed by 100 zeroes & expressed as 10 to the hundredth power."

But regardless of that, I disagree with OP. Cause a name like "H1Z1" is so kickass right? Really gets my panties moist.

Yes, DayZ is a stupid name and so is DayZ Forums.  This place should be called "Whiners Paradise" 

If by whales, you mean overweight ugly looking women, then there is more than enough.

I don't care who ya are that,there,is some funny shit....

Dean probably came up with it. It's short for Day Zero. In the Mod, you had a debug monitor that had statistics on it.

On the top is said how many days you survived, e.g. Survived 40 Days. When you died it went back to Survived 0 Days.

Research before hate is a pretty good idea.

The name is great. It's simple, easy to remember, can't be confused with any other game and it makes for a great logo which is a massive part of any company or game in this case. Business 101.

Edited by Weyland Yutani
  • Like 1

Im all for the big round ladies! ^.^

If you think fat woman are all ugly you truly are a shallow bastard if i ever heard of one.

Edited by Deathlove

How are all those Gan's in Michigan?

Not sure what a Gan's is? Is this like some new kind of drug? Is it even an ENGLISH word?

GansIcon.gif

Are we talking about Rubix Cubes?!

Gangs-3-Gans-Puzzle-3x3x3-Magic-Puzzle-C

Edited by Deathlove

I find it hilarious Dean even thinks it is a bad name but since it stuck he has kept it. When you think of it as "day zero" it's not bad, but if you consider it "day zombie" yeah... it's bad.

• Like 1