r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.1

This looks amazing, do you have an estimated time on when this will be updated? 

It's already released. That's what this announcement is for.

You just need to wait for the Admins to update. Some servers already have, for example UK410.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

At this rate, the SA might begin to approach the mod in terms of implemented features by 2025.

Edit: Probably not.

Edited by Ransurian

Sorry, had an issue with my DayZ commander which stopped me from seeing the new update - just got notified, thanks for letting me know, look forward to playing it!

No worrys just waiting on the mass hate msgs about the zombies being too hard now :-)

• Like 4

No worrys just waiting on the mass hate msgs about the zombies being too hard now :-)

I welcome this new challenge!

• Like 1

I am practising fetal position already.

lie-down-try-not-to-cry-cry-a-lot.jpg

• Like 5

Yo all! Big thanks for new update!

But i got small problem with hive.

when i do NOT editig new mission file, all cars spawns and all works fine(exept name 1337)

when i editing the .pbo with correct name(eg. lv1) no cars spawns(any cars) and i get this error in logs

[Error] Error executing |CHILD:302:any:|

any solutions?
thanks

Yo all! Big thanks for new update!

But i got small problem with hive.

when i do NOT editig new mission file, all cars spawns and all works fine(exept name 1337)

when i editing the .pbo with correct name(eg. lv1) no cars spawns(any cars) and i get this error in logs

[Error] Error executing |CHILD:302:any:|

any solutions?

thanks

Are you running the publichive?

its official hive (lv1 server)

its official hive (lv1 server)

In your init.sqf make sure to match the instance to whatever you had before.

• Like 1

Our Server is updated if you guys wanna come try it

Awesome to finally see this released. :)

Even more awesome to see the updated beta requirements, I hope those cause some performance improvements.

EDIT: Don't forget about these launch params, the first one disabled the update message, the second should improve performance.

-noPatchCheck

-noLogs

Edited by icomrade

oh yea nice find let me pass that info on. Comrade drop me a pm on skype when your free

Tough call to make on playing at the moment.  My regular haunt is still on 1.8.0.3, as are many of the remaining public hive servers, particularly the German providers who make up a sizeable chunk of the public pool.

I'll try to drop in on some of the populated ones before I make a decision on the one way character trip to 1.8.1, as I'm sure the news of release will not have spread to all the bazaars yet.

If anybody else wants to chip in and spread the word before updating to 1.8.1, I'm sure a group effort would be appreciated by all, to keep our player base and providers together on the same page.

Changing DayZ Mod and Op. Arrowhead beta versions in Steam is as easy as selecting from a drop down list in the game Properties > Betas tab.  However, once 1.8.1 has been played, as previously posted, there is no going back for character data.

I'll try to drop in on some of the populated ones before I make a decision on the one way character trip to 1.8.1, as I'm sure the news of release will not have spread to all the bazaars yet.

Even though it's not spread as much yet, there are quite a few servers out there already. Both Private and Public Hives.

Since thevisad discontinued Reality last update, most private hives are going to be delayed for a bit till people figure out the list of stuff that need reworking in the server>db calls. Most notebly the blood group, tents and stashes as well as achievements.

There are quite a few private hives out there already, but they're not supported. Not much we can do to help.

• Like 1

I'm really excited to give this a try. I haven't played the vanilla MOD in over a year. Cheers!

is this only for vanilla or can/will it trickle down to the various similar mods i.e. Epoch? (sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm not familiar with intricacies) :)

This update is the only update that'll make you genuinely die from zombies.. I've tested this out and confirmed that the zombies are definitely a lot more challenging but that's what makes the mod fun along with the other features that have been included.

• Like 1

is this only for vanilla or can/will it trickle down to the various similar mods i.e. Epoch? (sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm not familiar with intricacies) :)

Other mods will be able to use what they like.

Changing DayZ Mod and Op. Arrowhead beta versions in Steam is as easy as selecting from a drop down list in the game Properties > Betas tab.  However, once 1.8.1 has been played, as previously posted, there is no going back for character data.

Yeah, I think I made a mistake. This is a huge upgrade to the game, but I can't see this holding players. The mod already has a pretty small player base, and this is hard enough to make people rage quit like crazy. As much as I enjoy a challenge, I also enjoy playing with a few people that I've met on the game, as well as a few friends that I've brought to the game. The zed's are just too powerful for being as buggy as they are. Having them be a legitimate threat to end you with one shot is cool and all, but when they hit you through a wall, it's hard to accept.