r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.1

I have a bug to report, or so I think.

I finally managed to install 1.8.1 and find a server with 3p=on and ch=off. Anyhow, I got lost in the woods (haven't played for ages) and started losing blood due to dehydration. Thing is, while I had full HP (12k) and no zed ever touched me, when I started -slowly yet steadily- losing blood-points cause of thirst, the blood arrow indicator pointed upwards and not downwards. It didn't change for a sec, always pointing up while I've lost over 1.5k of blood. I also didn't drink, eat or done anything to justify such a behavior. I thought while you're losing blood it's supposed to point down and when you're gaining it points up.

It wasn't a public hive server but a private one, so it might be a unique problem on that particular server, but I thought I'd post it here anyways. The server's name was "ZeroSurvival.net 1.8.1 [No Loadouts or Donor Crap][Rare Vehicles]blahblah" and IP/port 144.76.72.235:2314.

Yea seem like its a bug.

You should see the base system we are working on the in the test server steak :-) mean shit

• Like 3

I personally have been looking forward to the basebuilding sooo much and it's awesome!

• Like 1

You should see the base system we are working on the in the test server steak :-) mean shit

I personally have been looking forward to the basebuilding sooo much and it's awesome!

I'll be on to test saturday, hopefully no one gives me the keys to a car.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes
  • Like 2

I personally love the patch. I'm just having some issue's getting everything working on my highly modded server. I have 2 questions:

Can we by anychance get the ability to create custom loadouts trough the database back. (This hasn't been working since the HiveEXT.dll update in 1.7.7).

Is the CHILD:999 function removed or did it change? I can't read assembly so decompiling the .dll won't really help and I don't think this patch is on github.

Btw is there any chance I could get one of the modders on skype I got some questions and would love to contribute to the dayz mod I'm a university Game Technology student and love to do arma scripting in my spare time.

I personally love the patch. I'm just having some issue's getting everything working on my highly modded server. I have 2 questions:

Can we by anychance get the ability to create custom loadouts trough the database back. (This hasn't been working since the HiveEXT.dll update in 1.7.7).

Is the CHILD:999 function removed or did it change? I can't read assembly so decompiling the .dll won't really help and I don't think this patch is on github.

Btw is there any chance I could get one of the modders on skype I got some questions and would love to contribute to the dayz mod I'm a university Game Technology student and love to do arma scripting in my spare time.

Just add R4Z0R or me on Skype, if you want to test / talk / play.

Loadouts won't be a part of the DB, as we're only officially supporting the publichive, no private hives. Which makes it obsolete to have that table.

• Like 1

There aren't locks involved with base building are there?  I'd hope to be able to raid and destroy any base i find.

• Like 1

There aren't locks involved with base building are there?  I'd hope to be able to raid and destroy any base i find.

You're a mean person! :P

• Like 2

nothing a few rounds or c4 cant fix :-)

• Like 2

I have noticed the zombies are harder to be stealthy. I tend to play in first person and I examine everything around me and when I'm proned, zombies manage to see me about 15 meters away in grass then I'll have this huge congo line of all these zombies chasing me :P

Perhaps there could be a way to adjust their visual range slightly?

The issue is how your body visibility is worked out even prone your still visible to some degree 10-20 meters id have to check depending on the time of day the light yea there's a few different vars behind it. the best and only way is to stay out of view of them and only get close when you wont to kill.

i'm not sure id be able to get a good compromise on that ill take a look see what i can work out.

Some bugs reported via our forums that I'm passing on 

- stashes disappeared
- you lose the main weapon when getting killed 
- I lost like 10.000 Humanity for a kill with a melee weapon

- Glitch with wells that gives option of "Drink" a dozen times.
- Dead people keep dropping clones
- Vehicles won't let players in as fast as it used to be. When leaving vehicles you can't pick up gear for the same amount of time as getting in
- If you don't eat first the bloddbag and trans kit will be destroyed without recieveing any blood

Definitely noticed getting in vehicles being slower than 1.8, small issue but an annoying one when you are used to 1.8. 

The bloodbag bug mentioned also sounds related to an old 1.8 issue. We used to have to get players to eat/drink or relog to update their blood pv before receiving bloodbags would work on 1.8. Sounds like similar is occurring on 1.8.1 

There's been a few reports of main weapon on body not being there, guessing its the one that gets dropped on the ground from the carry slot being deleted? Is permaloot variable set for it? 
Edited by seaweed

I can't help but thinking that these things are related to your changes on the server, as for example the suicide was never in DayZ and the drink option works fine on the normal build, make sure it's not your custom fn_selfActions.sqf

- Can't suicide with a pistol anymore
- Glitch with wells that gives option of "Drink" a dozen times.

- you lose the main weapon when getting killed

And this we can't confirm even after extended testing. The weapon never dropped on the body in the gear, it was always nearby in its own weaponholder and we tested repeatedly on different servers and it always dropped nearby and worked as intended. Make sure it's not being cleaned up by any changes made on your server as well as it not just dropping on the ground nearby.

Need more information on this one:

- Dead people keep dropping clones

The rest I will take a look at right now.

Edited by kichilron

I can't help but thinking that these things are related to your changes on the server, as for example the suicide was never in DayZ and the drink option works fine on the normal build, make sure it's not your custom fn_selfActions.sqf

We're on totally vanilla code atm including selfactions, only changes are wild zeds disabled and custom loadscreen deathscreen and debug monitor. 

• Like 1

We're on totally vanilla code atm including selfactions, only changes are wild zeds disabled and custom loadscreen deathscreen and debug monitor. 

If that's the case we will need more information about the situations the issues happen in. I will take a look into it right now.

I think the weapon drop issue could just be arma chosing an awkward place to leave the gun, like with when tents used to be full. People would swear stuff vanished but it could always be found on the ground (or inside of a hill barely sticking out). You could use a cluttercutter to make it a bit more obvious.

One other thing being complained about a lot is the amount of fog. 

I doubt we'll ever all agree on it so can we just get some of the weather variables made global and add them to init.sqf? 

Im looking into the actions system a lot of changes have to be made for the base system so while im at it ill go over this. I have noticed a few issue's already and delays on that system. The delays i've noticed pretty much line up with the issues you have reported :-).

weather vars give me some thoughts on what you would like see moved to a var and ill see what i can do before the next release in 23 dayz.

Im looking into the actions system a lot of changes have to be made for the base system so while im at it ill go over this. I have noticed a few issue's already and delays on that system. The delays i've noticed pretty much line up with the issues you have reported :-).

weather vars give me some thoughts on what you would like see moved to a var and ill see what i can do before the next release in 23 dayz.

Thanks, there's been some issues reported with drag body breaking the self actions too at the moment.

_minimumFog 

// Fog intensity never exceeds this value. Must be between 0 and 1 and greater than or equal to _minimumFog
// (0 = no fog, 1 = pea soup). (Suggested value: 0.8).
_maximumFog 

// Overcast intensity never falls below this value. Must be between 0 and 1 and less than or equal to _maximumOvercast
// (0 = no overcast, 1 = maximum overcast). (Suggested value: 0).
_minimumOvercast 

// Overcast intensity never exceeds this value. Must be between 0 and 1 and greater than or equal to _minimumOvercast
// (0 = no overcast, 1 = maximum overcast). (Suggested value: 1).
_maximumOvercast 

// When raining, rain intensity never falls below this value. Must be between 0 and 1 and less than or equal to _maximumRain
// (0 = no rain, 1 = maximum rain intensity). (Suggested value: 0);
_minimumRain 

// When raining, rain intensity never exceeds this value. Must be between 0 and 1 and greater than or equal to _minimumRain
// (0 = no rain, 1 = maximum rain intensity). (Suggested value: 0.8);
_maximumRain 

I think those ones would cover most things people change, but really only the first 2 are needed for me. Alternately you could include all the dynamicweather variables in a separate file so the init.sqf doesn't get too messy. 
Edited by seaweed

I think id rather keep everything in the one file and give proper comments on what they are. We have a hole bukkit of stuff to get done before the 23rd so leave it with me ill try getting what i can moved over. But id like to keep some of the systems as stock as i can for example the system for damage/los/hearing/sight/loot needs to be consistent across all servers even private if we can. 

Hicks did mention about servers running custom stuff on the hive so i feel we might start cracking down on the servers running custom stuff on the hive so i feel a reset on the hive might be around the corner. 

I know you don't run on it but im putting it out now.

• Like 1

Still haven't been able to reproduce the weapon on the back disappearing upon death, but I added an assertion to make sure it's not stuck in the ground. Will have to test that now.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

I think id rather keep everything in the one file and give proper comments on what they are. We have a hole bukkit of stuff to get done before the 23rd so leave it with me ill try getting what i can moved over. But id like to keep some of the systems as stock as i can for example the system for damage/los/hearing/sight/loot needs to be consistent across all servers even private if we can. 

Hicks did mention about servers running custom stuff on the hive so i feel we might start cracking down on the servers running custom stuff on the hive so i feel a reset on the hive might be around the corner. 

I know you don't run on it but im putting it out now.

Np, I'll be changing my weather variables anyway once we stop running on the vanilla code just trying to make things easier for other server owners who might want to do the same. If it brings too much complication to public hive don't worry about it, there's already tutorials around for people who want to edit the weather. 

Well first of all, thanks to the dev team. 

I really appreciate that they are still working for the mod. I really thought 1.8.0.3 would be the dead end for the mod. Please keep up the work!!!

Besides, i installed a server on my home pc, and after i inserted the sql files provided in this thread i always connect to strange database in Dallas :P Even when i delete my hiveext.ini its still connects there. So anybody got a clue?

Somehow btw, the server i am admin of is fine tho.

Thanks in advance.

spiel

Edited by spielfuehrer