r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.1

just check your hosts file in windows make sure your not changing the host name to another ip. Alot of players do this due to the cdn issues we always have 

• Like 1

Couple of people reported birds flying static in the same spot, I also observed this. Guessing it could just be a beta patch issue though? 

Edited by seaweed

Couple of people reported birds flying static in the same spot, I also observed this. Guessing it could just be a beta patch issue though? 

Probably an issue with the beta patch. I'd say it has to do with BIS breaking the deleteVehicle command.

• Like 1

just check your hosts file in windows make sure your not changing the host name to another ip. Alot of players do this due to the cdn issues we always have 

Unfortently thats not the reason. The server connects to the IP provided in the sql files wich i included to the database.

More stuff I noticed while playing 1.8.1 (same private hive server as yesterday, "ZeroSurvival.net 1.8.1 [No Loadouts or Donor Crap][Rare Vehicles]blahblah" and IP/port 144.76.72.235:2314).

1) The machete shoots blanks. It's like it doesn't work at all. I had the zed right in front of me hitting me, and I couldn't do any damage to it. I remember it used to has less range than the hatchet but now it just won't do anything, well except the woosh woosh sound.

2) Zeds still glitching under barn floors. Got infected by a crouched viral one (at least on standing ones you can see their heads prodruding through the floor), who decided to jump and hit me while I was having a snack.

3) Empty gear indicators in buildings (especially in barns). There is a gear icon popup yet there is no gear at all.

4) I read on sidechat that people couldn't take gear from their corpses. And as I was down to 1000 blood, infected, coughing etc I thought I'd drop everything on the ground so I can come back and pick it up, not having to deal with any corpse bugs. So I die (proned, hidden in the woods), respawn 500 meters down the road, run back to the place I died. My corpse wasn't there. Flies were there, and multiple green gear indicators. But as I opened each one of them there was no gear at all. I must have dropped a full inventory worth of gear, a full backpack and 4-5 tools. And yet there was nothing there, although there were many gear popup indicators suggesting the gear was there, yet invisible.

5) Glitched doors at farm warehouses (the rusty metal huge ones). One set of doors wouldn't close or open. The other one worked fine.

6) The add to back option seems to be removed from the popup menu when you find a weapon. The switching system also seems kinda broken, there aren't any arrows in the inventory screen until you equip a second item. But what if you don't have a secondary weapon/tool? I think the arrows should be there at all times, maybe I don't want to walk through a town wiedling a rifle thus posing a threat to everyone whom I meet. Also, the switching is instant. I thought there was supposed to be some kind of artificial delay system between switching hand/back weapons.

7) Not really a bug, but each time I enter the multiplayer section of arma II in order to connect to a DayZ server I get a popup window informing me that patch 1.62 is available for download. Any way to kill that permanently?

That's all for now, can't comment on fps cause I play on a crappy pc on a full server.

Hicks did mention about servers running custom stuff on the hive so i feel we might start cracking down on the servers running custom stuff on the hive so i feel a reset on the hive might be around the corner.

Yes, please do that.

PS One last thing I noticed. Arma2oa.exe runs a process in Local Settings/temp/ named tmp0 approximately 3-5 minutes after you join a server. I can't recall it being there prior to this patch. Any info about what it does and why it takes so long to start? If you don't allow it through your firewall you get "connection lost" msgs and finally a disconnect.

Edited by h3l1x
  • Like 1

3) Empty gear indicators in buildings (especially in barns). There is a gear icon popup yet there is no gear at all.

4) I read on sidechat that people couldn't take gear from their corpses. And as I was down to 1000 blood, infected, coughing etc I thought I'd drop everything on the ground so I can come back and pick it up, not having to deal with any corpse bugs. So I die (proned, hidden in the woods), respawn 500 meters down the road, run back to the place I died. My corpse wasn't there. Flies were there, and multiple green gear indicators. But as I opened each one of them there was no gear at all. I must have dropped a full inventory worth of gear, a full backpack and 4-5 tools. And yet there was nothing there, although there were many gear popup indicators suggesting the gear was there, yet invisible.

Both seem to be related to the Beta-Patch, but we're going to be testing this a bit more. If it is related to the Beta Patch, there's hardly anything we can do, and a major pain.

6) The add to back option seems to be removed from the popup menu when you find a weapon. The switching system also seems kinda broken, there aren't any arrows in the inventory screen until you equip a second item. But what if you don't have a secondary weapon/tool? I think the arrows should be there at all times, maybe I don't want to walk through a town wiedling a rifle thus posing a threat to everyone whom I meet.

The arrows don't show up when you don't have a weapon on your back, that's intended. There is no system to shoulder your weapon.

7) Not really a bug, but each time I enter the multiplayer section of arma II in order to connect to a DayZ server I get a popup window informing me that patch 1.62 is available for download. Any way to kill that permanently

There is a launch parameter for that - I can't remember 100%, just going off the top of my head. it's something like "-noPatchCheck" or something like that.

• Like 2

kichilron is right!

add -noPatchCheck to your cmdline

Blood bagging is definitely broken, the person who needs to get blood needs to relog for the other person to get the scroll option to give blood. Also we get the gear icons for loot in the loot positions even tho there is no loot there.

>>

Edit>>

I see the gear issue is fixed for next patch. What about the blood bag issue?

Edited by TayTay

Couple problems regarding 1.8.1:

• Gear option may appear on blood trails.
  • Losing your back item slot if returning to previous corpse.
  • Filling blood bags/Temperatures/blood type test not working.
  • Hunger not going up, even after eating 5 cans of beans and relogging. (Think thirst is the same)
  • Back slot item disappearing upon death.
  • Combining quivers result in losing arrows.
  • Zombies seeing you easily (Addressed, upcoming fix)
  • (Will add more to this list when I encounter more issues)
Edited by TIC321
  • Like 1

@h3l1x

1. Ill get that looked into.

2. Will never be fixed Nothing we can relay do on this.

3. We know about this issues and its been corrected already.

4. see 3

5. Not sure we can do anything on this (but ill take a look)

6. The arrows are only meant to be there when you have the two weapons. (instant switch is admin controlled).

7. add -noPatchCheck & -nologs to your command line one will fix the msg the other will kill alot of the logging.

@TIC321

1. That is a new issue but we recommend just now admins switch them off we have noticed a good amount of issues with them.
2. We are aware of this more info is needed no mater what we test we cant get this to happen during testing. 
3. Mixed reports are coming over from these, temp has a good amount of vars involved with it. test kit is just a ui we are finding this is more ppl dont know how to use rather then being broke. Bloodbagging is a PVS system if the server is failing due to low fps any PV system will have issues.
4.  if it is just beans i think i know whats wrong the old type foods are located in a different pbo then the newer ones i may have missed them when i setup the config nutrition system :-(
5. Zombie sight is really the same old story of issues.

We have to remember we are fighting a few new systems the beta patch and a ton of changes.

for now we are recommending server admins to disable blood trails and flies these both are causing a good amount of issues. I'll create a few server side fix's for admins when i get home later tonight.
  • Like 1

Yea that seems to be a OA1.63 issue

Also, please note that the weapon that was previously on your back doesn't drop on your body, it will have a sseparate weaponholder / gearmenu directly by your body. It doesn't appear on your body.

Also guys please report issue's in github theirs only me and kich who have anything to do with the forums.

Our team will be able to see them then.

Could someone explain how exactly does the new nutrition, food & hunger system works? I'm kinda confused by it now, i recently died of thirst after drinking 4 cans of pepsi :/

Mixed reports are coming over from these, temp has a good amount of vars involved with it. test kit is just a ui we are finding this is more ppl dont know how to use rather then being broke. Bloodbagging is a PVS system if the server is failing due to low fps any PV system will have issues.

Could you explain the issue with blood bags not working when filling and or using them? My servers fps is great and still have issues. it can happen even with only 2 people on right after a restart.

Could you explain the issue with blood bags not working when filling and or using them? My servers fps is great and still have issues. it can happen even with only 2 people on right after a restart.

We'd need more information from your side. When does this happen and under which circumstances? That way we can give you feedback what it might be and how we could fix it.

This issues we are having is people cant give blood to others untill the person who needs the transfusion relogs.

So say me and my friend go to the hospital and on the way we both get hit and lose a lot of blood.

We make it into the hospital and use blood testing kits to find out what type of blood type we are. After we get the correct bloodbag to give each other and try to select the transfuse option.But the give blood transfusion option doesn't show until the person who needs the transfusion relogs.

This can happen when 2 or 25 players are online and 5 mins of uptime or 4 hours. im using vinilla server files havnt modded or added anything in any way.

Also right clicking on the empty bag to fill dose nothing the option shows to fill it but you click it and nothing happens.

I hope that has explained it a bit better for you sorry.

Also right clicking on the empty bag to fill dose nothing the option shows to fill it but you click it and nothing happens.

I have reworked the system yesterday to give you feedback. You need to have a transfusionkit to be able to fill a bloodbag and also enough blood on you.

As far as the actions go: we're working on that, thanks for clarifying. The selfActions are a bit screwed and I can't help but thinking it's related to the Beta patch. The recent Beta Patch had to be thrown in and it usually breaks more than it helps. We didn't have enough time to sort out the issues it's causing, but we're working on it.

• Like 1

I have reworked the system yesterday to give you feedback. You need to have a transfusionkit to be able to fill a bloodbag and also enough blood on you.

As far as the actions go: we're working on that, thanks for clarifying. The selfActions are a bit screwed and I can't help but thinking it's related to the Beta patch. The recent Beta Patch had to be thrown in and it usually breaks more than it helps. We didn't have enough time to sort out the issues it's causing, but we're working on it.

Thanks!

Just going to launch a few fixes on mustys server for a testing then ill drop it out to everyone else.

If you have anything you would like to be dropped into the fix pm me ill try and get them in and tested. 

• Like 3

After several days hosting 1.8.1 Public Vanilla unaltered:

Lots of people dying.  Most of them due to zombies.  I think the reason why most of the people who complain about it's difficulty is due to the other mod of mod or the SA.  Zombies in these are a non factor.  Even with this mod I remember back in the day when you could firefight in a city get hit a few times and think nothing of it.  Now it's very difficult to fight in the cities.  Not impossible but something you need to think about.

Which goes to my suggestion.  Is there anyway to have zombies go after people hanging on top of roofs of buildings like the hospital?  In many respects it's an oasis.  In my mind someone foolish enough to sit up there should be stuck in a death trap if he/she bring aggro on themselves.  

Power lines make the hill camping a little more difficult.  Is there anyway to add something in Electro's sniper hill like the what's already in the counter sniping hill?  Apologies if my vernacular is confusing.

Also I realize you guys are working on some server fps optimizations but for completeness on my feedback it's for me the number one concern.

To close great update.  It's brought back a lot of veterans from years past back to the mod.  It's also brought players completely new to it.  Best comments I've heard on side chat:

"Why don't I spawn with a map"?  "You always spawn with a map"?

"Oh I can't punch the zombies"?

"Halp"! "These zombies run like Kenyans"!

Cheers,

Geryon

I think there is a bug in the destroy tent option:

When I set a tent on fire only I was able to see the flames and the smoke.

All of my buddies just saw the tent disappearing without any graphic effects.

I had a question about zombies which I thought would be pretty cool.

Would it be possible for zombies to be attracted to sounds over direct chat?

Any news on a hotfix for the lootspawn and the bloodbags? That are the main problems right now, and player are moaning.

Edited by spielfuehrer

Would it be possible for zombies to be attracted to sounds over direct chat?

I think they already do that. But I could be wrong.