r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.1

as I played dayz mod 1.8.1 yesterday i regocnized a few things:

(server zerosurvival.net)

pro:

- graphic = amazing

- FPS = amazing

- new Icon = good

- new features = I don´t know, there is no chance to find new features or new things, cause Zombies are always there

contra:

- Zombies are too powerfull(running faster than player, can hit you through walls, can hit you during running, hitrange is a bit too wide, 50:50 chance start bleeding on attack)

- Zombies also start spawning, when you fresh spawn(after you make 1 or 2 Steps they start spawning (i think 5-6 Zombies)

- loot is too rare

in few words, 1.8.1 is only for hardcore-players. Newbies on starting playing dayz have no chance I think - and will loose interest in playing, caused by death in series...

therefore standalone is more suitable for newbies on dayz...

Edited by TiMEDANCE

So, when you finally put back to the Mod my lovely M107 ??

We won't. Those don't have a place there. Maybe some highcaliber Russian rifles.

Pretend its Russian 

overkill-rifle.jpg

Is there anywhere I can look up how to use the new items? like the blood testing kit and tje mentioned base system

Yeah, I think I made a mistake. This is a huge upgrade to the game, but I can't see this holding players. The mod already has a pretty small player base, and this is hard enough to make people rage quit like crazy. As much as I enjoy a challenge, I also enjoy playing with a few people that I've met on the game, as well as a few friends that I've brought to the game. The zed's are just too powerful for being as buggy as they are. Having them be a legitimate threat to end you with one shot is cool and all, but when they hit you through a wall, it's hard to accept.

the max they can do in one hit is around 5k not 12000 :-)

as I played dayz mod 1.8.1 yesterday i regocnized a few things:

(server zerosurvival.net)

pro:

- graphic = amazing

- FPS = amazing

- new Icon = good

- new features = I don´t know, there is no chance to find new features or new things, cause Zombies are always there

contra:

- Zombies are too powerfull(running faster than player, can hit you through walls, can hit you during running, hitrange is a bit too wide, 50:50 chance start bleeding on attack)

- Zombies also start spawning, when you fresh spawn(after you make 1 or 2 Steps they start spawning (i think 5-6 Zombies)

- loot is too rare

in few words, 1.8.1 is only for hardcore-players. Newbies on starting playing dayz have no chance I think - and will loose interest in playing, caused by death in series...

therefore standalone is more suitable for newbies on dayz...

We are aware the dmg system is very high. With the new local attack system being much faster on the initial hit i am looking to bring the zombies dmg down a little more. However i am waiting to get more feed back on this. The guys i play with and have for the past 2 years all play in the same style we just don't run into towns we don't get caught in silly place's. 

2 years of playing ive never been caught in a position the zeds hit me though walls maybe i know the map/buildings much better then most. As i say the more feedback i get the more i can judge how the zombies dmg needs to be but please keep in mind we do not plan to make them do 20 hits before you die. The game is meant to be unforgiving in every area possible your job is to survive and once you do it is rewarding. just like finding a water bottle so dam hard to find now :-).

The quickest way we can get feedback on the dmg and attack system is to just release alot of the testers are the same guys i play with everyday. I do have to admit i have never been so afraid to enter a town but knowing how to enter a town can get you in and out without being caught once even in the big towns. 

Hopefully as we bring new zombies into the mix we can start to define each type of zombie much more allowing the players to have a visual aid to see what zombies need to be dealt with before any others. As it is now its very hard to see viral zeds compared to normal zeds. 

Viral zeds are the killers on a headshot they can do about 5k dmg in one hit

• Like 1

The game is meant to be unforgiving in every area possible your job is to survive and once you do it is rewarding.

Quoted for reference. We're not trying to make the game easy, as it's still supposed to be about surviving, not merely running about.

• Like 2

I love the fact the zeds are so much faster than you are now.  It is back to the old ways of entering towns carefully and thoughtfully.

My advice is find an SD weapon asap.

• Like 2

I love the fact the zeds are so much faster than you are now.  It is back to the old ways of entering towns carefully and thoughtfully.

Forget the SD weapon find or craft the crossbow and make your own ammo

• Like 5

Definitely the way to go now.

thats unrealistic. I don´t think that a infected human becomes godlike feets like usain bolt

I ONLY SAY:

264728_491519400875796_1891528835_n.jpg

Edited by kichilron
Removed Memespam.
  • Like 2

thats unrealistic. I don´t think that a infected human becomes godlike feets like usain bolt

There's no point keep bringing up the speed its not going to change as you very well know they are not zombies.

Edited by kichilron
Removed Memespam.

They're not carrying any gear, so they're much lighter and they don't feel pain due to stress in the muscles.

• Like 1

I actually think a psychotic, deranged, cannibal would most definitely run like Usain Bolt....but then again ive never met one irl.

• Like 1

I have longed for the crossbow to be useful.  I will definitely try this.

I really keep asking myself, are you making this dayz-mod fitted for your own preferences? I mean fitted for you personal amazing? Or do you still read also peoples feedback, what other players like ?

Edited by TiMEDANCE

I have longed for the crossbow to be useful.  I will definitely try this.

Did you check the artwork yet? :)

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/196718-dayz-mod-art-assets-thread/?p=1980135

I really keep asking myself, are you making this dayz-mod fitted for your own preferences? I mean fitted for you personal amazing? Or do you still read also peoples feedback, what players like ?

If it's legitimate feedback we are. Yours isn't. It's as easy as that. One doesn't have to dig deep to find you kind of "suggestions" and that you're nothing but a mere troll and not here for the better of the mod or the community.

• Like 5

I really keep asking myself, are you making this dayz-mod fitted for your own preferences? I mean fitted for you personal amazing? Or do you still read also peoples feedback, what other players like ?

Well, if we look on DayZ commander then that would be 3rd person, spawn with weapons and hundreds of vehicles.  Not sure if that was the original concept and vision.

EDIT: New crossbows...look awesome.

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 1

I love the fact the zeds are so much faster than you are now.

they are? i don't see that... only with their attack, it can be scary now if you run into a zed around a corner and get instant attack/tackle :)

also why shoot zeds? if i have aggro on me i search nearest building/bush/tree and axe zeds. isn't that the way to go? i tried the crossbow but i'd rather have axe + primary for pvp.

sneaking up zeds is working great too.

finding canteens is 50% of my game now^^

don´t get me wrong. I AM FOR REALISTIC GAMING..

I never play on +300 vehicles or starting gear with AKM or something like this...

I am always playing on zerosurvival.net ...

I don t know, if you guys ever played "dayz aftermath" ? This was one of best dayz experience so far.

Bad thing, this mod has gone to hell.. :(

And why? Cause people do not like difficult playing style...

they are? i don't see that... only with their attack, it can be scary now if you run into a zed around a corner and get instant attack/tackle :)

also why shoot zeds? if i have aggro on me i search nearest building/bush/tree and axe zeds. isn't that the way to go? i tried the crossbow but i'd rather have axe + primary for pvp.

sneaking up zeds is working great too.

finding canteens is 50% of my game now^^

Well, if you run in a straight line they seem to be....maybe i am just a slow old man though!?

I don t know, if you guys ever played "dayz aftermath" ? This was one of best dayz experience so far.

Bad thing, this mod has gone to hell.. :(

And why? Cause people do not like difficult playing style...

1.: We are using Aftermath systems and some of the Aftermath team are helping us.

2.: Like you said yourself - most people like easymode and 1000000 vehicles. That's not what we're aiming for and never will do. At the same time you're saying we shouldn't make  the game too difficult - you're contradicting yourself.

But then again - you're just here to troll anyway, so I am not surprised.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 2

1.: We are using Aftermath systems and some of the Aftermath team are helping us.

2.: Like you said yourself - most like easymode and 1000000 vehicles. That's not what we're aiming for. At the same time you're saying we shouldn't make  the game too difficult - you're contradicting yourself.

I only speak in case of zombies. I like it difficult, yes. But not unplayable... :rolleyes:

Starting with 2 bandages and flares... = OK

but...

here the freshspawn-scenario:

zombies are spawning a few meters near me, even as a freshspawn - you have no chance.

You start running away from them, bam! hit by one... starting bleeding... bandaging... running....bam! next hit in my back... - starting to find a enterable housing to keep the zombies away(in housing zed can´t run)

On open field - you are dead

etc...

Edited by TiMEDANCE

Cause people do not like difficult playing style...

some do some don't. dayz is not a game for everyone

• Like 1

I only speak in case of zombies. I like it difficult, yes. But not unplayable... :rolleyes:

It's not unplayable. You will have to adapt and survive. Not rant on the forums without any reasoning.

Sooo - let's carry on with the patchdiscussion, as this clearly isn't heading anywhere.

It's not unplayable. You will have to adapt and survive. Not rant on the forums without any reasoning.

Sooo - let's carry on with the patchdiscussion, as this clearly isn't heading anywhere.

its ok that you only quote the things that are suited personally for you ;)

Please read my full statement ;) Its legitim

here the freshspawn-scenario:

Gear: 2 bandages, 1 flare = OK

zombies are spawning a few meters near me, even as a freshspawn on coast - you have no chance.

You start running away from them, bam! hit by one... starting bleeding... bandaging... running....bam! next hit in my back... - starting to find a enterable housing to keep the zombies away(in housing zed can´t run)

On open field - you are dead

etc...

Edited by TiMEDANCE