Kushko

Took a break ~3months ago, came back today and...

Amazing how many people don't realize the time required to produce/develop a game, especially a game of this scope and magnitude. Some games take SEVERAL YEARS to develop. Honestly I think DayZ is coming along rather quickly.

Yes, I kind of agree with all the negative points (and that's why I like the game)

playing DayZ is like joining an elite combat squad on active service

1 ) it's difficult to get in

2 ) it's hell in there

Enjoy it. What else do you need to know ?

Edited by pilgrim

stuff has been added progress has be minimal if any , the core of the game is still miles away from being anywhere near finished.

There has been a colossal amount of progress. Perhaps you should read a little more before you post.  :thumbsup:

I agree with the OP, sorry fanboys. 6 months to fix zombies coming through a wall is a joke!

• Like 1

They've already said in dev logs they've fixed the zombie pathfinding with navmesh and it's just being finalized at this point (or something very similar to that) just as a prime example.

No they haven't . they have said they are working on it and they give no indication of when that work is aiming to be complete.

The current dev blog sounded great and so positive but actually has no real dates , aims, or statements about when  the notes will turn from ideas into Stable Update Actions.

• Like 1

Hello there

Why is a definite date so important to you?

Rgds

LoK

I find myself completely unable to empathize with these sorts of posts. I've experienced all the same stuff. I've fallen through stairs to my death losing all my bad ass pristine gear, and I've been hit by invisible glitched zombies that are still 1000 meters away, destroying stuff that I just looted. (Tactical vests have about a 14 second life span for me). I also brought a friend into the game and nothing went well for him. He got killed immediately after spawning a few times, then spawned North of Svet and ran inland. Saw the signs for New Dmitridorsk and ran to it only to find streets with no buildings. He logged off and has never been back.

None of it ruins my fun. I may be frustrated by something for a second, but every game has something that frustrates me.

These topics are now bugging me since its all i seem to see. I solved the problem of DayZ and not liking it along time ago, it's a simple fix. 

Stop playing it....

I have, never looked back. 

No they haven't . they have said they are working on it and they give no indication of when that work is aiming to be complete.

The current dev blog sounded great and so positive but actually has no real dates , aims, or statements about when  the notes will turn from ideas into Stable Update Actions.

I can't blame them. If anyone would give a timeframe for when things are supposed to be arriving you'd be one of the first ones to jump on them if they're only half a week over that date.

It was announced (in the devblogs as well) that updates are supposed to be arriving every month and yet you are one of the ones screaming you want an update immediately and that there is no information about it either. I did point out to you back then that it was mere three weeks ago the last patch arrived and a week after that discussion of ours the patch arrived. I don't think the Dev-Team is too off with the timeframes, especially considering how many new people were hired.

It will pick up on speed again once everyone's worked in - and no matter how often people jump on these forums to complain, this will not make the development any faster.

Saying the Zombies are still a joke "after three months" just shows how uninformed one is, as it was stated, that new zombies require atleast six months of work and the NevMash is in place, this is the biggest issue. I don't see why it would take much longer from this point on.

• Like 2

If you don't want Alpha then don't play alpha. Wait until 2015 for the finished version.

Game working fine for me, bad luck perhaps? :D - Seriously though, just logs issues you encounter on the tracker. All of what you are saying is known but you can still vote on tracker to get them up the list.

Like the OP I've just sampled the game agin after a long break (4 months in my case). Yes, I appreciate that one heck of a lot has been added, and - from reading the updates - there has been plenty of under-the-hood work done to the programme. However, like the OP, I am distressed to find that certain fundamental problems still haven't been fixed.

It took me ages to find a server that would actually go past the "Please Wait" and blank screen stage and, when I initially did, said server promptly dumped me after about 10 seconds - something about not being able to load a texture for something, click okay. And.... BOOM, back to the lobby with you. Then there was a 100 second delay before I got onto the next server - I know that's there to stop server-hopping but when it's nothing I did then that wait becomes very annoying.

Still, I got on and started to play. Pretty good - found the wrecked ship but had to log off for a while. I come back and, somehow, I've fallen through several floors of solid metal decking and am now trapped in a section of the hull I cannot get out of. WTF - is that still a problem? After all this time characters can still fall through scenery while logged off? Why hasn't that been fixed yet?

Much as I desperately want to play this game, I think that another 4 month hiatus is required while such primitively basic problems are fixed. Putting in timers to stop server-hopping, making throwing things possible, adding new weapons and food (Tactical Bacon.... Mhhhhhh!!) are all very well: failing to fix something this basic is - in my opinion - a failing on the part of the coding team.

See you guys in another 4 months then....

• Like 1

Saying the Zombies are still a joke "after three months" just shows how uninformed one is, as it was stated, that new zombies require atleast six months of work and the NevMash is in place, this is the biggest issue. I don't see why it would take much longer from this point on.

I said the zombies are still a joke after 6 months, after before the Alpha they said they were completely re worked, yes < I still think zombies are a joke and taking the piss after 6 months since the alpha launched (not three). When Was i screaming? I often write long and thought out comments with many ideas how to fix the issues of KOS and easy zombies etc. if you don't want to debate then don't reply to me, I didn't ask for your holy opinion, and don't miss quote me.

Your a forum admin team your job isn't to defend the game 24.7. You should keep order in the forum not constantly Trolling people who have critism. We have been waiting a long, long time for the zombies to stop runnign through the walls, which is a gamebreaking issue and kind of makes Day Z pointless in some regards.

Annoyingly, the devs have made several changes to zombies (speed adjusting, head damage) but haven't given any date or aim of when the absolute main problem will be addressed

Yes, we have heard about nav mesh etc and i hope to see that come through soon. So frustrating trying to have a civil debate and then admins come and troll because apparantly its Alpha no one is allowed a damn opinion on the game if it isn't smelling of roses

Edited by AgentNe0
  • Like 2

...not only has the game not gotten any better (bugs and performance wise) but it has gotten worse. I am fully aware the game is in early access and i have no problem with that. My friend and i took a break 3months ago because the game was quite enjoyable but the overall performance and polish was lacking, so we decided to give it some time and try again later. That later was today.

When we finally got in to a server (after a couple failed attempts on different servers) the first one we got on was unplayable because of lag (even though we were picking low ping servers), so we go in search of another server. Find a new one, working ok for me but my friend cant interact with any objects after 20minutes and a relog (he even had steam check his install if any files were corrupt). Finally around the third relog and switching to another server a glitched and invisible (to him) zombie killed him before i got there (i was checking loot around while he was fixing his problem-or trying to). Earlier a third friend glitched himself off a ladder and fell to his death...how does that still happen after all this time? Half the items in my backpack dont have icons anymore and the only way i can tell something is actually there is by the slightly darker shade of gray or by mousing over it. Oh and for some reason you literary cant outrun zombies anymore, even at full sprint as a fresh spawn they keep up and somehow manage to hit you on the move... I could go on, but i think i made my point. *edit* Just to add; all 3 of us have high end machines and broadband/fiber-optic connections with reliable providers so none of the problems originated on our end.

How has the game not improved at all in the 3months? Granted we got some new items which mean absolutely nothing if the game is borderline unplayable to actually use/enjoy those items.

Every time i check up on dayz theres talk about how they're putting in animals and cooking and all the great things none of us will get to enjoy until fix the games core problems, it just kills my excitement about the game (the little that is left at this point).

I want to love this game, i know it has amazing potential, but when theres little to no progress or even some regress in all the places that matter its just starting to be impossible to keep faith in the game and the team making it. Enough time has passed for them to have no more excuses left for this game feeling like it was made in a garage by a couple people having their first go at game development. For gods sake, this is a high profile, high budget ($40+mil from early access sales alone) game. It should not be in the state it is.

what i can read here doesn't happen to me, so my suggestion is take another 3 months or more of stop!!!

I said the zombies are still a joke after 6 months, after before the Alpha they said they were completely re worked, yes < I still think zombies are a joke and taking the piss after 6 months since the alpha launched (not three). When Was i screaming? I often write long and thought out comments with many ideas how to fix the issues of KOS and easy zombies etc. if you don't want to debate then don't reply to me, I didn't ask for your holy opinion, and don't miss quote me.

Your a forum admin team your job isn't to defend the game 24.7. You should keep order in the forum not constantly Trolling people who have critism. We have been waiting a long, long time for the zombies to stop runnign through the walls, which is a gamebreaking issue and kind of makes Day Z pointless in some regards.

Annoyingly, the devs have made several changes to zombies (speed adjusting, head damage) but haven't given any date or aim of when the absolute main problem will be addressed

Yes, we have heard about nav mesh etc and i hope to see that come through soon. So frustrating trying to have a civil debate and then admins come and troll because apparantly its Alpha no one is allowed a damn opinion on the game if it isn't smelling of roses

Hello there

Again, moderator action is not up for debate here. If you have an issue use the report button. Any further posts on Mod/admin/dev abuse will simply be removed.

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 1

With most Alpha builds they will get worse as more content is added. The point in Alpha is to add content, then in Beta to smooth it out. Now my experience has not been the same as the OP. The performance has become much better, and only rarely do I get a game breaking bug/glitch. I have only had one invisible zombie in 250+ hrs and never glitched off a ladder.  I think this may be a case of having too high of expectations after taking a break for 3 months.

With most Alpha builds they will get worse as more content is added. The point in Alpha is to add content, then in Beta to smooth it out. Now my experience has not been the same as the OP. The performance has become much better, and only rarely do I get a game breaking bug/glitch. I have only had one invisible zombie in 250+ hrs and never glitched off a ladder.  I think this may be a case of having too high of expectations after taking a break for 3 months.

I don't think not glitching through the floor of a building is "too high of an expectation" 6 months after release of an alpha. It's a basic, fundamental flaw that should have been fixed as soon as it was initially reported as a bug - and I know that it was one of the early, reported bugs. Yes, Alphas are used to add more content - but they are also intended to point out game-breaking bugs so that they can get fixed. Falling through floors and zombies that can phase through walls? These are the sort of priority fixes that should have been dealt with by now and should have taken precedence over adding Tactical Bacon and a timer to stop server-hopping.

Adding reworked meshes isn't difficult - just reskin your basic can with a new label, add it to the loot list and Bob's your auntie. Heck, even adding new meshes isn't exactly rocket science once the basics are in place. Given that these guys have a fund of $20,000,000 plus before the game is even out of alpha-stage - I wouldn't have expected to see game-breaking bugs take a back-burner in favour of what I can only call, "pottering about" with loot tables.

Yeah, throwing things is cool - so are the new weapons... but if the zeds are going to chase you through a freaking building and blindside you, all the wepons in the world are worth didlly-squat.

• Like 2

...not only has the game not gotten any better (bugs and performance wise) but it has gotten worse. I am fully aware the game is in early access and i have no problem with that. My friend and i took a break 3months ago because the game was quite enjoyable but the overall performance and polish was lacking, so we decided to give it some time and try again later. That later was today.

When we finally got in to a server (after a couple failed attempts on different servers) the first one we got on was unplayable because of lag (even though we were picking low ping servers), so we go in search of another server. Find a new one, working ok for me but my friend cant interact with any objects after 20minutes and a relog (he even had steam check his install if any files were corrupt). Finally around the third relog and switching to another server a glitched and invisible (to him) zombie killed him before i got there (i was checking loot around while he was fixing his problem-or trying to). Earlier a third friend glitched himself off a ladder and fell to his death...how does that still happen after all this time? Half the items in my backpack dont have icons anymore and the only way i can tell something is actually there is by the slightly darker shade of gray or by mousing over it. Oh and for some reason you literary cant outrun zombies anymore, even at full sprint as a fresh spawn they keep up and somehow manage to hit you on the move... I could go on, but i think i made my point. *edit* Just to add; all 3 of us have high end machines and broadband/fiber-optic connections with reliable providers so none of the problems originated on our end.

How has the game not improved at all in the 3months? Granted we got some new items which mean absolutely nothing if the game is borderline unplayable to actually use/enjoy those items.

Every time i check up on dayz theres talk about how they're putting in animals and cooking and all the great things none of us will get to enjoy until fix the games core problems, it just kills my excitement about the game (the little that is left at this point).

I want to love this game, i know it has amazing potential, but when theres little to no progress or even some regress in all the places that matter its just starting to be impossible to keep faith in the game and the team making it. Enough time has passed for them to have no more excuses left for this game feeling like it was made in a garage by a couple people having their first go at game development. For gods sake, this is a high profile, high budget ($40+mil from early access sales alone) game. It should not be in the state it is.

Play again when the patch gets released this week i guess.

There has been a colossal amount of progress. Perhaps you should read a little more before you post.  :thumbsup:

He talks about his game experience, are you this dumb really? tell him to read hahahahahahah

Are you aware that you have to press spacebar to raise melee weapons in order to use them? Been like this for quite some time now.

Really??? You don't say...........

#ALPHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

He talks about his game experience, are you this dumb really? tell him to read hahahahahahah

Right......... :huh:

The point being a lot of the improvements such as the entirely new navmesh are extremely complicated and labor intensive but have not been pushed to any of the builds yet. So the player would not "experience" them yet. He would have to go to the devblog or some other place that contains "words", which would require him to "read" to find out about it. Of course reading comprehension is another question entirely.  ;)

Edited by paisius77

Never heard of a game going from what should essentially be a developers only-alpha copy of a game, which is primarily for testing for the beta and future etc. to a fully functioning game which will satisfy you're needs. buy the mod for christ sake