oanj

It doesn't feel like I'm in an apocalypse?

Hey guys, when you play the game do you really feel like you are in an apocalypse? yeah there isn't many people around and there is blood on the floor etc. But if there was an apocalypse I would imagine there being huge refugee camps and roads blocks with destroyed houses and more signs of looting and fire damage etc. i know it's in alpha and I'm not complaining I'm just wondering whether anyone else shares my opinion.

• Like 7

It kinda looks like anywhere in Wales (UK) at the moment  :D

• Like 7

I shit you not, this is exactly what I said the first time I played DayZ with a clan mate. Just a distinct lack of sheep, really.

I think it looks like an apocalypse, just needs more Zombies, maybe even herds of Zombies. I specifically like the idea of some doors open and some closed, some shelves and units knocked over or barricaded, windows shattered and blood stains leading from under the bed. The military installments also look like they abandoned pretty hastily.

• Like 4

That was all there in the mod, so I'm guessing and hoping it will make a return. With more.

A lot of the map and the towns etc are far too clean and tidy at the moment. It is like a stroll in the country. It looks pretty; yeah there'd still be pretty countryside but there has to be large areas of devestation as well I think. Ruins, heli wrecks, signs of military intervention and piles of corpses etc...

Berezino in the mod was a lot more like post-apocalyptia with lots of roadblocks and broken tanks and ruined cars, medical tents with bodies all around and so on.

So I'd think It must be something they're developing. 

• Like 2

Its a work in progress, I would imagine (and hope) that a lot more Particles FX be added to the map like localised fires, smoke and more.

Its a work in progress, I would imagine (and hope) that a lot more Particles FX be added to the map like localised fires, smoke and more.

The world that was already there (Chernarus mod) didn't feel like one either, so much so that when I had my own server I added A LOT of stuff to make it feel like a zombie apocalypse. 

• Like 1

I added A LOT of stuff to make it feel like a zombie apocalypse. 

im quite interested by this, did you add like static models or Particles FX / sounds also?

Hey guys, when you play the game do you really feel like you are in an apocalypse? yeah there isn't many people around and there is blood on the floor etc. But if there was an apocalypse I would imagine there being huge refugee camps and roads blocks with destroyed houses and more signs of looting and fire damage etc. i know it's in alpha and I'm not complaining I'm just wondering whether anyone else shares my opinion.

Don't forget this region is a poor region. Maybe materials and resources weren't available in such a poor region?

Don't forget this region is a poor region. Maybe materials and resources weren't available in such a poor region?

I don't really get this. What does it matter if Chernarus is "poor"?

So-called poor nations can set up roadblocks and refugee camps. It's not like they'd just be like "Oh, welp... time to just lay down and get eaten... cause' we ain't got no money."

Never mind the obvious presence of international organizations (NATO/UN).

• Like 2

I don't really get this. What does it matter if Chernarus is "poor"?

So-called poor nations can set up roadblocks and refugee camps. It's not like they'd just be like "Oh, welp... time to just lay down and get eaten... cause' we ain't got no money."

Never mind the obvious presence of international organizations (NATO/UN).

Something tells me someone, somewhere, with certain ties to KGB would still kick off a fuss about NATO/UN being in their country, even if it was on the collapse from a zombie influencing virus. It all depends on how it started I guess, how long it took the humans to be infected and how long it took until they turned. From what I've seen so far (vehicles abandoned on the side of mountains, left in the streets, doors open and military installments just abandoned), I'd say they turned pretty quick.

This is a good theory but never mind how poor they were I'm sure they would chop down the vast amounts of trees and use stuff ;like beds and tables etc perhaps?

Something tells me someone, somewhere, with certain ties to KGB would still kick off a fuss about NATO/UN being in their country, even if it was on the collapse from a zombie influencing virus. It all depends on how it started I guess, how long it took the humans to be infected and how long it took until they turned. From what I've seen so far (vehicles abandoned on the side of mountains, left in the streets, doors open and military installments just abandoned), I'd say they turned pretty quick.

Well I mean both Russia and NATO intervened in Chernarus sometime prior to the outbreak, so the international infrastructure would be there. Be it Russian roadblocks or American roadblocks.

Not to mention that Chernarus isn't that poor, I mean even Sierra Leone and Liberia have some sort of internal infrastructure that provides for refugee camps and roadblocks in times of conflict.

If it's completely fine with the mods, I will leave a few links here as I'm working on a map for ARMA 3 that seems to suit OPs initial enquiry:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?142308-Large-S-T-A-L-K-E-R-inspired-Island-quot-NOVA-ZONA-quot

http://www.meshcarver.com/screenshots/INGAME_13.png

Apologies if I've trespassed over some rules and will edit if so guys- no problem.

Awwww...you went there  :(

Since I don't actually know how far into the apocalypse we are it's hard for me to say what is appropriate.

That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing a generally more run down environment. More chairs and tables broken or flipped over. Stairs broken like in the tenement buildings, but randomly applied to houses because after all, wouldn't people be destroying stairs in their efforts to make a last stand in their home on Z-day?

Broken windows and doors, better yet, the ability to break them.  

Barns with their doors left open would probably become wind or moisture damaged at some point.

What is the wind and weather like in this part of the world? If it is windy and damp that would accelerate the building/object decay. 

Just some random thoughts. 

Chernarus reminds me of North Korea in War Z Novel. They all just disaperd^^

Now all we need are rainbows and unicorns and are super happy fun time North Korea shall be complete!!!!!

mf4Plna.jpg

Awwww...you went there  :(

Some of us live there. :D

• Like 2

mhhhh....i wake at a beach...i have a crude tshirt ( gah lets get rid of that and tear it to shreds ) jeans and a obscure eastblock handlight and a battery.

Now that feels more like the start of a sadistic gameshow...

Make people "wake up" in hospitals, graveyards, townsquares ( ok not ideal.... :D ) cellars, bunkers...make me spawn in a church with nothing but a bible in my hands and "naked"...randomly spread acros the map. Like...loot. You should "feel" like after a massive night out..crazy hangover...sound distortion..everything too loud..too bright...stuff like that.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 2

stryker, this countryside looks exactly like where i am from . the only thing that doesnt feel right in dayz, (i think) is that there are no banked  hedgerows separating the fields, or along the sides of fields that are backed onto the roads or lanes. its like there is no true cover, except the bushes, when there should be the raised banks too

edit : in my area of wales

Edited by qww
  • Like 1

stryker, this countryside looks exactly like where i am from . the only thing that doesnt feel right in dayz, (i think) is that there are no banked  hedgerows separating the fields, or along the sides of fields that are backed onto the roads or lanes. its like there is no true cover, except the bushes, when there should be the raised banks too

edit : in my area of wales

Which part of Wales are you from? (Guessing Brecon Beacons area...)

pembrokeshire