devirecui

Bandits ruin this game

Hello all, 

I am a new player who had recently acquired a lot of gear in this game. My buddy and I had fully loaded M4's, and a lot of supplies on our journeys. We are good players who did not watch any trouble. We just like to kill zombies and have a good time.

Unfortunately, we were killed from coward bandits who didn't even bother showing their faces.

All for our gear which we had took days to acquire. Between this and all the bugs, this game is just too much hassle for me. I am a casual player with bad back problems from driving a truck for 15 years. I also have high blood pressure and diabetes and these bandit assholes don't seem to help it.

Please consider banning bandits from the game. Griefers like them are causing me TONS of health problems and I shouldn't be penalized for it. I just want to PLAY the damn game that I bought. 

• Like 1

If you want to shoot zombies with a friend, play NMRiH or L4D2, DayZ is mainly PVP-focused.

If you don't like it, get used to it.

• Like 10

Im sorry to hear that buggy.. unfortunately for you Bandits, KOSers and people who just enjoy griefing others will always be a part of DayZ and for the most part all online multiplayer games. 

Best of luck in the future for you.. consider teaming up with some veteran players, on another game. ;)

Edited by lrish
  • Like 3

I think someone used hacks to kill us. We had no idea where the bullets came from. We died in elektro. This game wants me to take up smoking again.

sorry about your health problems, but if the game is effecting your health then you should stop playing.

Bandits are just part of the game, it what makes the game fun, interesting, scary, and keeps you on the edge of your seat..

And spending days gearing up is for suckers, that's what i use to do then i learn its more fun and takes less time is to find the nearest gun and go kill bandits that are killing new spawn on the coast and taking there loot, and i got to say i am getting pretty good at dropping people with a single shot pistol haha

• Like 1

Whew good, it wasn't me that killed you and your friend tonight then. Would hate to make someone quit this game. Yes, it is buggy and frustrating. Not a great game by any means, yet. But it has potential.

Bandits ruin this game

for you.

fixed that for you.

• Like 6

I think someone used hacks to kill us. We had no idea where the bullets came from. We died in elektro. This game wants me to take up smoking again.

chances are it was a sniper, there everywheres  in electro

They need to implement a pvp-free server. There was a guy with no gun just standing there and he killed us. If there are PVE servers on every other MMO besides DAY Z why cant there be one without it here

They need to implement a pvp-free server. There was a guy with no gun just standing there and he killed us. If there are PVE servers on every other MMO besides DAY Z why cant there be one without it here

NO. Go play something else if you can't handle it. QUit your whining.

• Like 4

To the OP, I am sorry to hear about the problem you are having...down there...in your vagina...which you appear to have in lieu of a penis.  But bandits and KoS kiddies are not a bug.  They are a feature of this game.  Think Walking Dead or any other zombie show or film out there.  Once you have a hatchet and some firearms, how dangerous are a bunch of lurching zombies?  Not very, unless they are in large numbers.  The real danger is encountering other players.

Like today, I was looting Polona and some unseen player called out to me.  It's freakin scary because I didn't know where he was and if he could see me.  Plus I hate when players see me before I see them.  Now as it happened, the server disconnected me or rebooted or whatever before the encounter went any further.  But if you don't get that the whole point of the game is constant paranoia that you're being watched by other players who might kill you for your loot, this might not be the right game for you.

• Like 2

NO. Go play something else if you can't handle it. QUit your whining.

While this suggestion was obviously well-considered, something to keep in mind is that, once the game progresses further and there is more to do, the number of KoS assholes will drop; unfortunately, at the moment there is little else for people to do, so it's to be expected. You're most certainly not the first person to have this complaint (myself included), but most people (myself included) have learned over time that you have to be ready to lose any gear you've accumulated at any time, or be ready to defend yourself (if possible) at a moment's notice. Also, even as the game progresses, bandits WILL still be around (they ARE an integral part of the game, after all), though they will more than likely be a bit more creative than simply shooting you from an unknown position. So, MY suggestion would be to give the game a break for a while (especially if it IS affecting your health), and come back to it later; you might even notice some changes when you return due to a game update. Don't give up on it entirely, though.

Another thing to consider would be to get as many people in the game as possible and travel in a group; larger groups tend not to be such prime targets.

To the OP, I am sorry to hear about the problem you are having...down there...in your vagina...which you appear to have in lieu of a penis.

Wow, really? I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and guess you're still in high school. I guess I know which category you would fall into on my signature. Why don't you take your flaming and go try to jump-start a bonfire from the inside, eh? Fucking children.

Edited by Mancomb
  • Like 4

what we need to remember is this game is a post apocalyptic survival rp game. If it ever happened, i'm fairly certain ther ewould be the people that lose it and KOS, as there would be the people that want to build a community.

The only trick is to not get attached to gear.

Get killed or shot at enough, an d you'll turn into a bandit/KOS'er, just as you would in real life anarchy!

It sucks buggy, it happens to all of us at some point and is annoying. Some people cant play without killing anything that moves unfortunately, but they are a necessary part of the game, without them it would be boring and there would be no excitement or danger.

As for non-pvp servers, it would just be for loot farming and I know a lot of players would not be happy with it, the entire process of looting would be too safe and players would only join pvp servers to kill with their fully geared up players.

LIke Viking said, dont get attached to your gear, I used to do that and raged so hard when I lost my M4 and military clothes, but I dont care for it much anymore as I know it can all be found again, and again and again.

Self proclaimed "bandits" are the guacamole when you are eating your nachos. You can eat nachos without 'bandits', but it adds so much to the flavor! Sorry for your death, we've all been there, but that's how it goes in this game. I personally like threats around every corner in my survival game - whether zed, starvation, thirst, or 'bandit' - gotta be hard to be fun IMO.

First rule of DayZ - Don't fall in love with your gear.

Second rule of DayZ - Don't trust anyone you don't know.

Third rule of DayZ - repeat first two rules.

• Like 2

For some reason, people still can't accept the fact that there are people different than themselves. And they create topics daily about this.

Everything you experience in DayZ is a part of it. It is safe to say that even those annoying bugs will be part of it. And it won't change by adding mushroom picking options and twenty new wool coats. Neither does increased environmental threats and improved infected AI and strength. There will always be different peolple and there should be. If DayZ was like virtual version of Canada where even dogs apologize for barking, it would quickly run out of popularity. It would get boring because you could loot and all with no danger. That is not survival, that is stupid.

Hopefully you will adapt and overcome but if not then it might indeed be a best thing to quit.

Edited by SGT. Kalme

Bandits make this game.

FFS I was just gonna say "Bandits are this game", damn you haha

Hello all, 

I am a new player who had recently acquired a lot of gear in this game. My buddy and I had fully loaded M4's, and a lot of supplies on our journeys. We are good players who did not watch any trouble. We just like to kill zombies and have a good time.

Unfortunately, we were killed from coward bandits who didn't even bother showing their faces.

All for our gear which we had took days to acquire. Between this and all the bugs, this game is just too much hassle for me. I am a casual player with bad back problems from driving a truck for 15 years. I also have high blood pressure and diabetes and these bandit assholes don't seem to help it.

Please consider banning bandits from the game. Griefers like them are causing me TONS of health problems and I shouldn't be penalized for it. I just want to PLAY the damn game that I bought. 

all i heard was blah blah blah im a whining bambi

• Like 1

Might I mention that this is a survival game, not a zombie killing game?

Dear lord this guy is obviously trolling.

That being said dayz isn't ruined by bandits, it's ruined because almost everyone kos'

I'd much rather be held up and executed then sniped from a tree line, it makes a much more interesting and tense experience.

• Like 2

Bandits is meant to be in the game.

Dear lord this guy is obviously trolling.

That being said dayz isn't ruined by bandits, it's ruined because almost everyone kos'

I'd much rather be held up and executed then sniped from a tree line, it makes a much more interesting and tense experience.

It took over a page but at least you got it, beans for working troll detector :)

At least the little troll got some of the attention he was seeking :p

It's just apart of this game and bandits don't ruin this game, hackers do it