Irish.

Would you like spawn points spread out?

Spawn points spread out?  

279 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the player spawn points to be spread out more?

• Yes.
    • No, keep them centralized for more action.

Berezino is a ghost town a lot of the time on full servers. 

I have the opposite experience when I am there.. the freshies are like this

tumblr_mm8ysrViqh1spbstvo1_500.gif

• Like 2

I would, but if the majority of players hated it - and a true majority would be pretty hard to determine based on a little poll - then not enough to say that I'd want my way over everyone else.

Really, I want the devs to figure out what's the most balanced, once all of the other pieces have been implemented. If you think about it, spawn areas are one of the best places to look for addressing balance, since so many other aspects have a harsh, even frustrating trade-off between balance and authenticity. It's always nice to give a nod to authenticity, even if realism is impossible and not fun.

Finally, I highly doubt we're even close to seeing the final product as far as spawn areas.

Edited by McGarnagle
  • Like 1

Well, at least make the spawns a little more inland. Like even Gorka, or even Myshkino...you get my point.

Whoa... whoa... whoa... Gorka? Myshkino? These are several klicks (Myshkino is at effing NWAF's doorstep!) inland. And I definitely wouldn't want people spawning near the one untouched swath of forest near Myshkino either.

The furthest inland I'd permit spawns, in my ideal world, would be Tulga, Pusta, Orlovets, Bor, Pavlovo.

I'd like a troll spawn point in a random forest with no way of navigation or the utmost north-western part of the map. 

That would be the best spawn points so that every dude you encounter will have at least a navigation skill otherwise you wouldn't make it.

No more coast at all, it's a place to reach if you need to.

My Spawning Rules:

1- Shred spawnpoints all across the map. (It's a metter of luck if you spawn near a good place or a shit stable)

2- If you suicide and respawn too quickly (x time) then you will be penalized with a B grade spawnpoint, suiciding will have no use in the end)

3- Oblige poeple to understand how to navigate, making them spawn in confined places like sheds, houses, caves, what ever as long as it's close and with some littlebittleloot just to grab their first attention. 

plase don't mind the grammatical horrors, i'm from Italy and i just woke up.

Edited by ErDanese
  • Like 2

I am all for spawning all along the coastline but to go with it i would like there to be some sort of system to punish suicide cause you know they are going to do it in truck loads till they spawn near cherno balota electro berezino ( or close to there body )

I mean if you die a second time within 5 minutes your on a 5 minute timer to join climbing to 6 for the 3rd death and so on . Sure once in a while it will punish the unlucky sod who gets shot or zed bashed again in that time but hey then it teaches them to play more carefull and it will piss the suicide crew off no end.

At the moment, spawning by the NWAF wouldn't be any better than balota, in fact balota and the NEAF are better than NWAF as you have berezino, rifty, and the two other major towns by NEAF

So some west spawns would actually make most players have to explore somewhat

The way to solve this is eiether have lots of spawns at the coast and remove all the barracks Ect from balota with minimal weapon spawns and drastically increase military bases at starry sobar, NWAF and zelenogorsk and spread the spawns all over the east coast right down to balota and up to NEAF

Or

Completely randomised the spawns to every city, town Ect and keep the weapon spawns the same

The NWAF used to be the holy grail for gear, survivors would come from all over to find top tier weapons

I've not seen a single player there since I got SA (apart from people traveling with me)

And every time in the mod there would always be people there on any population server

I usually just shoot zombies at NWAF as there's never anyone there it's become the safest military spot on the map

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

6 hours!?

I could run around the entire map edge twice in that time.  :huh:

It was obviously not an accurate measurement of time. Regardless, even an hour to get to a high loot spawn is over the top since some people have lives outside of Dayz. These lives most likely do not include you, with over a thousand posts on DayZ forums. 

I completely understand that loot should be difficult to get but even after running for an hour you are not guaranteed a single item. With vehicles in the game it wouldn't take more than 15 minutes to get to a specific area of the map(even a bicycle).

Thought spawns had already changed? I spawned just west of a town called Shakhovka...even I was surprised at that.

• Like 1

Thought spawns had already changed? I spawned just west of a town called Shakhovka...even I was surprised at that.

Beans for the signature if it's true :)

Whoa... whoa... whoa... Gorka? Myshkino? These are several klicks (Myshkino is at effing NWAF's doorstep!) inland. And I definitely wouldn't want people spawning near the one untouched swath of forest near Myshkino either.

The furthest inland I'd permit spawns, in my ideal world, would be Tulga, Pusta, Orlovets, Bor, Pavlovo.

No, yea your right about Myshkino! xD I was thinking more of Guglovo, Pulkovo, and Vyshnoye. And wait a minute...Gorka is NOWHERE near NWAF man. :P

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

Beans for the signature if it's true :)

Cheers man, yeah, out dated now, up to about 144 hours, but I'll do it at milestones so I don't have to update it everyday. :D

It would be nice if it was along the whole coast or maybe even in town near the coast, but not in the middle of the map! Those areas need to be far away for bases, tents, hideouts and etc. I don't want a freshspawn finding my tent in his 1st minute!

Stary, Elektro, 

Too close to Tent City [NWAF & Balota]. More people would kill themselves to get to these loot bonanza sweepstakes. 

Edited by Weyland Yutani

anyone else think the barracks at Balota should be removed and transferred to Stary instead? And that "military camp" northwest of Balota shouldn't have barracks either?

I think this would be the only way spawning on the south would be acceptable again

Edited by Powell
  • Like 2

It's a fucking blood bath if we all spawned in a close area.

Take recent events, there are too many people camping the NEAF killing fresh spawns, it's like the new Balota but even worse

There are only a few big cities to go to Berezino, Svet, and that other one, which is even worse than people spawning on the southern coasts as Cherno, Balota, and Elektro are reasonably split up

Sooooo no, I don't want localised spawns, this isn't wasteland; this is DayZ. Zombies should be something to be scared of; not some tosser sitting in the tree with his camo and sniper rifle

Additional notes:

I would like spawns where you have to work to get to places with good gear. I would like the West Kamenka, Krutoy Cap, Three Valleys and the Solnichny spawns. They're far from big cities and military camps and there is no real reason to try and get killed to get a better spawn because all the other spawns are equally shit

:DDDDD

Edited by Demophon

No, yea your right about Myshkino! xD I was thinking more of Guglovo, Pulkovo, and Vyshnoye. And wait a minute...Gorka is NOWHERE near NWAF man. :P

I know, but Myshkino is. I've spent most of my two years playing DayZ around Myshkino.

Gorka's too far inland in my opinion, and if it were the mod, it'd be on the way to Stary. Polana, however, as I understand it is a fairly high-value town now. I haven't been to the eastern portion of the map in a long while.

I'm apparently in the minority of the majority here, because I don't like spawning on the coast at all, and it's got nothing to do with the interior having more/better loot.

This game, for me, is as much about navigation as it is finding food/gear. There are so many people who can't navigate properly in this game, even with a compass and the dayzdb.com map available to them, that it would be comical if it wasn't so sad. I think you should be forced to spawn somewhere like Mogilevka or Msta or something, and learn how to get yourself out of the middle of nowhere before you can gear up/survive. Dropping people into the middle of a forest, or on one side of a clearing makes them evaluate their position, using the clouds, sun, and map (because let's be honest, everyone uses a DayzDB.com style map), and then they have to set off in a direction they think is toward civilization, and hope they haven't made the wrong decision. As it is now when you spawn on the coast, it's ridiculously easy to figure out where you are, and which way you need to go for loot, it takes away from the immersion of the game.

Edit: As far as the whole suicide to jump to a new spawn location thing. One would assume that would be a fairly easy fix by implementing some code that, assuming you died from a suicide, would force you to sit through a 5 minute timer that increased additively every time you suicided. It's not a perfect fix, but it strikes a balance between the current system of a 30 second respawn wait time, and penalizing players for respawning regardless of circumstance. It's not fair to a freshie to kick them off a server for an hour if they get sniped on the road, or if someone dies from some sort of glitch (which, lets face it, will happen, even after the game gets out of development).

Edited by sloasdaylight
  • Like 1

My buddies and I went to Berezino for some stupid shenanigans. Got killed by a semi-automatic nugget and spawned 100 meters away from my body.

anyone else think the barracks at Balota should be removed and transferred to Stary instead? And that "military camp" northwest of Balota shouldn't have barracks either?

I think this would be the only way spawning on the south would be acceptable again

This. This. This. This.

While removing the significance of the Balota spawns wouldn't fix all of the issues, it would certainly be a good start.

I mean, there's barracks now near Pavlovo, in Zeleno, and near Kabanino. What more do people want?

I would like to see spawn points all across the map :)

The only problem i have with it is that some of our clan members only have a few hours to play a night and if they get killed they can waist 20 mins or even longer if they are getting there arse kicked by zombies or they get KOS trying to get back to where the rest of the clan are and by the time they have reached us it's time for them to log out.

What we had with Elektro, now we have with Berezino. Shitters everywhere. The good way to stop it is to make it almost impossible for people to suicide after they abused it two times. Like, if you spawn in Solnychnyi and go climb a tower, jump off and spawn in Svetlo, then again climb hospital roof, jump off, you should then geat a 10 minute spawn timer (or maybe 30 minute). This would solve a problem of people running back to their gear, friends whatever. Actually, I am all for disablng fall damage for 10 minutes to freshly spawned players. Something has to be done and randomizing spawn points only make people suicide even more with desire to get back Berezino spawn.

I would like to see spawn points all across the map :)

The only problem i have with it is that some of our clan members only have a few hours to play a night and if they get killed they can waist 20 mins or even longer if they are getting there arse kicked by zombies or they get KOS trying to get back to where the rest of the clan are and by the time they have reached us it's time for them to log out.

so if it's a problem for your children clan then you don't want this? It is not CS or cowadooty, you die, you die. Play with rest of your dumb clan. Dammit I hate people like you wanting to destroy the immersion of the game by making it a huge PvP arena for clans. If you fucked up killing bambis in berezino, it is your problem, you spawned in North and now can run 30 minutes back. For other people who are not shitters, it is not a problem.

Edited by MaxRain

It seems that most people spawn in the same area. A while back I spawned in Kamenka. A few minutes later a bunch of my Steam friends connect and they ALL spawn in Kamenka.

On another server I spawned at Solnichniy. All of the houses were looted, and after a good 15 minutes of finding absolutely nothing I decide to just kill my character by jumping off the silo. I respawn down the road, exactly where I was when I first joined.

Same goes for the very first time I played DayZ and I spawned at Balota. Somebody shoots me, guess where I respawn.

It seems that players spawn in clusters. They're not equally dispersed.

If spawns along the coast really were random, I don't think freshspawn PvP would be nearly as prevalent. 

It seems that most people spawn in the same area. A while back I spawned in Kamenka. A few minutes later a bunch of my Steam friends connect and they ALL spawn in Kamenka.

On another server I spawned at Solnichniy. All of the houses were looted, and after a good 15 minutes of finding absolutely nothing I decide to just kill my character by jumping off the silo. I respawn down the road, exactly where I was when I first joined.

Same goes for the very first time I played DayZ and I spawned at Balota. Somebody shoots me, guess where I respawn.

It seems that players spawn in clusters. They're not equally dispersed.

If spawns along the coast really were random, I don't think freshspawn PvP would be nearly as prevalent. 

Well everyone spawns on the east coast now. So not sure when the last time you spawned in Kamenka was (at least in the standalone). I love Kamenka spawns, and miss them dearly.

But yeah, I actually wouldn't be surprised if spawns were bugged/have been bugged. I used to get certain spawns over and over and over again.