Ghandi

No PK server: * The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen *

Ban the no-pvp servers.

Apart from that, loot tables should be dynamically altered according to the number of people playing on a server. If less than 30 people are playing, then no tier 3 weapons should spawn. Less than 15 people? Then only very basic loot should spawn. Less than 5 people = no loot at all. That way low maximum players servers should never spawn higher grade loot.

Previously my DayZ forum habit has been to check all posts by Rocket to find the latest meaningful info. Then "view todays posts". As of now I have added "Check all posts from ZedsDeadBaby". It's so refreshing seeing someone who actually understands the mod. Thank you ZdB, your posts are relieving some of the frustration I get from following this forum :)

To be clear: In games where any moral decisions needs to be made, I always chose to follow my IRL moral compass. That means that I never shoot people unless provoked, and I dont mean "he stared at me in a funny way"-provoked. In the eight weeks I've been playing DayZ I've killed three survivors:

- One bandit on my first play. A bandit running on the field north of light tower between Cherno and Elektro.

- One bandit, in sheer panic, as he was comming up the stairs in the tower at Elektro powerplant. I was outside of roof. Really regret this.

- One survivor who ambushed me and a friend. This is my only kill I don't regret.

Apart from that' date=' loot tables should be dynamically altered according to the number of people playing on a server. If less than 30 people are playing, then no tier 3 weapons should spawn. Less than 15 people? Then only very basic loot should spawn. Less than 5 people = no loot at all. That way low maximum players servers should never spawn higher grade loot.

[/quote']

Basically what you're telling me is that you want to punish the players who are ballsy enough to play at night and servers that are just starting up.

Wait' date=' so nobody has anything to say about the guy called Ghandi being vehemently against a peaceful server? Nobody?

[/quote']

lol :D comment of the day right here.

finally. there will pop up more of them for sure.

too much abuse of bandit playstyle due to unbalanced gameplay. people rent their own servers and do what they want to do just like bandits.

deal with it. or blacklist - which is kind of dealing with it ^^

finally. there will pop up more of them for sure.

too much abuse of bandit playstyle due to unbalanced gameplay. people rent their own servers and do what they want to do just like bandits.

deal with it. or blacklist - which is kind of dealing with it ^^

I don't mean to offend here but anyone who has followed this mod for a while or read some interviews with Rocket would know that the gameplay is not meant to be balanced or fair, its designed to be cruel, harsh and yes, at times, even unfair, he is aiming trying to replicate a real life scenario and encourage realistic behavior from the player-base(I don't think he envisioned deathmatching though), he hasn't fully nailed it down but these are early days and there are along way to go, personally I support his vision for the mod and am in it for the long haul. People expecting this game to become balanced or fair down the line though, they might want to adjust their expectations accordingly or risk disappointment and frustration.

P.S Whatever people think of deathmatchers and bandits, they are at least existing within the framework and rules of the world. People going off to rent servers without even reading the guidelines and making up the rules as they go along have no respect for this mod or for what Rocket and the team are trying to accomplish. I personally find those kind of people far worse than bandits and deathmatchers. The fact that this thread has close to (at writing) 8000 views and has still had no reply from the Admin of the server in question shows you just how invested in the community and mod he/she really is.

oh come on. keep this realistc game argument for yourself.

facts why this could never be realistc:

fact 1) there are zombies

fact 2) you can respawn

no more facts needed.

its also a fact that there are two main interpretations of this game.

a) kill everything

b) play with friends vs Zs

[c) play the game as its maybe intended to be: as a mix (not yet really possible due to bandit playstyle abusing)]

so both factions a) and b) have their arguments. and both believe deeply in their souls that the game is meant to be played the way they do.

this discussion is retarded. and a split-up like this is the logical consequence. its pure logic. if i dont want pvp and i have the possibility to rent a server and kick every fucker that does not follow this rule, i rape him with a kick like he does with a kill on another server.

pure logic bro. true story.

oh come on. keep this realistc game argument for yourself.

facts why this could never be realistc:

fact 1) there are zombies

fact 2) you can respawn

no more facts needed.

a) kill everything

[c) play the game as its maybe intended to be: as a mix (not yet really possible due to bandit playstyle abusing)]

so both factions a) and b) have their arguments. and both believe deeply in their souls that the game is meant to be played the way they do.

this discussion is retarded. and a split-up like this is the logical consequence. its pure logic. if i dont want pvp and i have the possibility to rent a server and kick every fucker that does not follow this rule' date=' i rape him with a kick like he does with a kill on another server.

pure logic bro. true story.

[/quote']

Firstly I never said it was trying to be realistic I said it was trying to replicate a real life scenario, the key word being replicate, I also said that it wants to encourage realistic behavior i.e logical and thoughtful interactions with both the world and its inhabitants. I also went on to say that the mod is far from complete and still imperfect (I heard someone say it was in Alpha once...).

Secondly should you rent a server and kick a player for killing you then you would have your server blacklisted, you do not own this mod, Rocket does, Not anyone can host, hosts are granted permission to host this mod provided they can abide by these guidelines http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1429 . If a host refuses to abide by the rules, instead making up his/her own rule-set, well then, they can probably expect to be contacted by the Dev team for a chat at some point.

- Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

- You may only kick for disruptive behavior (such as continued VOIP over side channel). But you may not kick due to race or language or because the person does something you do not like.

- Kicking for extremely excessive ping or desync is permitted, but if abused is grounds for blacklisting

Failure to adhere to these rules will BAN YOUR SERVER'S IP from DayZ.

Every server should have the exact same rules and population cap. Either that or have a separate character on those "custom rules" servers.

Loot should be rarer if there are less people on the server. I don't care what people say, this is a multiplayer game with persistent characters...the rules have to at least be fair.

Joining a 5 player max, password protected server and then just farming the NW Airfield during day time should not have the same reward as playing on a 50/50 server, veteran rules at night. Zombies pose little to no threat. Without other players, this game would be nowhere near as tense.

Privately owned servers should be separate from official servers.

Firstly I never said it was trying to be realistic I said it was trying to replicate a real life scenario' date=' the key word being replicate, I also said that it wants to encourage realistic behavior i.e logical and thoughtful interactions with both the world and its inhabitants. I also went on to say that the mod is far from complete and still imperfect (I heard someone say it was in Alpha once...).

Secondly should you rent a server and kick a player for killing you then you would have your server blacklisted, you do not own this mod, Rocket does, Not anyone can host, hosts are granted permission to host this mod provided they can abide by these guidelines http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1429 . If a host refuses to abide by the rules, instead making up his/her own rule-set, well then, they can probably expect to be contacted by the Dev team for a chat at some point.

[/quote']

you should consider that every new admin to this game will just think that this works as in any other game, you rent a server and you are the boss. if thats not the case so be it. you know this southpark episode with ipads and stuff... reminds me ^^

well, than i may think this further. what will happen is: that players which don't want pvp will stop with dayz (maybe more frustrated mix players will go). this will bring you to the very same situation as with splitted servers but now pve people are not playing at all. pvp ppl play together. pve people are NOT playing.

hmmmmn lets go further.

at the end of the day which model will bring more cash at home? mnnnaaa right. nobody thinks about finance stuff these days....

if this particular issue will not be balanced or altered in any way dayz maybe will never be as great as it could be.

for gods sake nobody has an idea of the devs intention. i'll lay back and watch.

If you don't allow PK on your servers, what do people do for fun? Spend ages collecting loot and then looking at each other and telling each other how cool you look with all your equipment?

Do people ever die on PK servers?

you should consider that every new admin to this game will just think that this works as in any other game' date=' you rent a server and you are the boss.

[/quote']

Then it means that they haven't read the server rules before deciding to host a server. Simple as that.

I don't mean to offend here but anyone who has followed this mod for a while or read some interviews with Rocket would know that the gameplay is not meant to be balanced or fair' date=' its designed to be cruel, harsh and yes, at times, even unfair, he is aiming trying to replicate a real life scenario and encourage realistic behavior from the player-base(I don't think he envisioned deathmatching though), he hasn't fully nailed it down but these are early days and there are along way to go, personally I support his vision for the mod and am in it for the long haul. People expecting this game to become balanced or fair down the line though, they might want to adjust their expectations accordingly or risk disappointment and frustration.

[/quote']

Yes, and people who have followed this mod for a while or read some interviews with Rocket will also know that its his intention for the mod to feature team building, which is diametrically opposed to deathmatch gameplay, ergo Rocket is against SoS deathmatching.

Every server should have the exact same rules and population cap. Either that or have a separate character on those "custom rules" servers.

Loot should be rarer if there are less people on the server. I don't care what people say' date=' this is a multiplayer game with persistent characters...the rules have to at least be fair.

Joining a 5 player max, password protected server and then just farming the NW Airfield during day time should not have the same reward as playing on a 50/50 server, veteran rules at night. Zombies pose little to no threat. Without other players, this game would be nowhere near as tense.

Privately owned servers should be separate from official servers.

[/quote']

I can agree with that, while I said to the other chap about the world isn't supposed to be fair, the rules that govern the running a server should absolutely be fair, thoughtful and considered across the board and perhaps most importantly, actively enforced.

I have seen custom servers that do their own thing before and I'm fine with those because they do not allow you bring in your original character. They force you to start a new character tied to that server that cannot be carried over to another server, that way there is no fall out from server farming that bleeds over into the other legitimate/standard servers.

Sadly these servers are not (imo), contributing the the development of the mod but thankfully they are in the minority and have the good graces to not pollute the other servers by letting characters leave their server.

I think those kind of servers are a middle-ground of sorts until we have a unified rule-set in place. Once that's in place, if people don't like it, well, they're not being forced to host the mod.

I doubt these servers are technically allowed, though I'm not entirely sure but I can at least say this for them, they're not effecting any other servers who want to play the mod as intended, which is more than I can say for servers like " * The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen *" Who clearly don't care about the impact they're having on the other servers and the community.

I don't mean to offend here but anyone who has followed this mod for a while or read some interviews with Rocket would know that the gameplay is not meant to be balanced or fair' date=' its designed to be cruel, harsh and yes, at times, even unfair, he is aiming trying to replicate a real life scenario and encourage realistic behavior from the player-base(I don't think he envisioned deathmatching though), he hasn't fully nailed it down but these are early days and there are along way to go, personally I support his vision for the mod and am in it for the long haul. People expecting this game to become balanced or fair down the line though, they might want to adjust their expectations accordingly or risk disappointment and frustration.

[/quote']

Yes, and people who have followed this mod for a while or read some interviews with Rocket will also know that its his intention for the mod to feature team building, which is diametrically opposed to deathmatch gameplay, ergo Rocket is against SoS deathmatching.

How exactly did you derive from my post that I was saying either myself or Rocket supported SoS or Deathmatching? I think perhaps you missed the point entirely.

EDIT: I even said "I don't think he envisioned deathmatching though"...Did you even fully read my post?

EDIT 2: It's possible you were simply expanding on what I said or clarifying, if that's the case then I apologise, I took it at first for a counter-point.

a) kill everything

so much fail

1. you did not present a single 'fact' in your post and there are clearly more player types than what you attempt to present as fact (such as teams/groups who have organized PVP, bandits who only fight other geared bandits in the north, non-combatants that want to run around providing random item/vehicle support, etc.)

2. zombies are STATIC CODE and will FOREVER be trivial to defeat; only human players can perform unexpected or new actions to keep the experience interesting and deadly. there would be NOTHING interesting or fun about a PVE server in this game whatsoever. what are you going to do, walk around bragging about all the zombies you shot while you all compare the exact same gear that you all obtained without any fear of dying?

3. the only people that complain about so-called 'bandit playstyles' are actually saying 'EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT PLAY THE GAME LIKE ME IS WRONG' and/or 'BOOHOO I DIED'

although in this case, i am in fact saying anyone who wants non-PVP servers is playing the game wrong

Loot should be rarer if there are less people on the server. I don't care what people say' date=' this is a multiplayer game with persistent characters...the rules have to at least be fair.

[/quote']

I like this idea, if 5 players would play on a server the chance to get military loot should be close to wining the lottery.

Night time should also be considered, because of less players.

Yes' date=' and people who have followed this mod for a while or read some interviews with Rocket will also know that its his intention for the mod to feature team building, which is diametrically opposed to deathmatch gameplay, ergo Rocket is against SoS deathmatching.

[/quote']

Diametrically opposed. Really? You would go so far?

Do you know what I did when I realized a lot of players were hunting me all the time trying to murder me? I went and built a fucking team! Voila!

"Diametrically opposed" my puckered asshole. Such an unfathomably asinine statement. Literally like saying "War is diametrically opposed to building armies."

Night time should also be considered' date=' because of less players.

[/quote']

"Hey Joe, it seems like not a lot of people are interested in the challenge that night servers have to offer. What should we do?"

"Make less loot spawn!"

"Great idea! That will bring the players out in force for sure. You're a genius!"

why the hell are people crying about a no PK server when there's dudes out there hacking jets into the game?

who cares? let em have it. IT'S ONE SERVER

DayZ might benefit from a concept like the Domination maps for stock ArmA. Make it so you have the option of taking control of cities and other points from the zombies, clear them out. That would add some team play options to it. Being that there's a limited number of players on the servers the zombies could easily retake places the players have left as they move on to new cities. This would create a kind of dynamic warfare atmosphere.

As for why to take out cities, perhaps a reward of a few better guns or a slightly better heli or two? No idea, just throwing ideas out there.

This wouldn't take banditry out of the equation necessarily but it shifts the focus more to survival and teamwork.

why the hell are people crying about a no PK server when there's dudes out there hacking jets into the game?

Let them have their one server, and everyone starts expecting to have their one server too.

There is no singularity, hence the rule set and the need to enforce them. Let it slip once, and you'll be dealing with an avalanche.

If you cant tell the difference between a hacker breaking the rules and not caring about and an admin doing a similar thing' date=' then......

[img']http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/222/136/1324684271001.jpg

Gonna PK the shit outta these cunts tomorrow.

Gonna PK the shit outta these 'chaps' tomorrow.

You might wanna edit part of that post before an admin sees lol

On topic, I think Vipeax has noticed the server, will be interesting to see if its admin adjusts his rule-set to keep inline with the other servers. I was on there last night and it was currently still flagged as "no PK". I don't think they should to be blacklisted(unless they ignore the wishes of the Devs), hopefully a warning make them go re/read the guidelines.

Would be nice to see if whoever is in-charge of granting servers access to the Hive will be more cautious in granting access to new servers in the future. I think alot of hosts are jumping into the game due to the hype without doing the proper research into the mod and community and how things are run and as a result I have noticed alot of "its my server, I paid for it, don't tell me how to run it" attitudes of late.

I appreciate the tremendous pressure the team are under lately trying to meet the demands of the community as servers fill up due to the rapid expansion of the mod, clearly they're struggling to keep up with demand. Hopefully things settle down in time and issues like this can be attributed to growing pains.

If PvP is such a big issue of this mod then perhaps when the dev's do videos of this mod they should include how PvP is so much a part of it because every video I have seen shows nothing about PvP. Which in my opinion is false information. These videos are showing a zombie infested map with no PvP activity at all. Which is not the case once you get into the game. As i have said before I have died to players ... not the zombies.

If PvP is such a big issue of this mod then perhaps when the dev's do videos of this mod they should include how PvP is so much a part of it because every video I have seen shows nothing about PvP. Which in my opinion is false information. These videos are showing a zombie infested map with no PvP activity at all. Which is not the case once you get into the game. As i have said before I have died to players ... not the zombies.

Ah man I feel for you, that really sucks, its never nice feeling when you feel something has been misrepresented to you, especially if you laid down money in order to experience it. What videos were you watching before you got the game? I have seen plenty of PvP and PvE related videos, The most popular PvE videos I've seen are the CHKilroy vids, are these the ones you are referring to?

Sadly though the onus is on you to fully research something before buying something, whether its a videogame, movie or book so you can be sure you are getting what you want. Also the videos your probably referring to were made by the community, not the developers, as far as I know the developers have not really done too much advertising personally as technically its not for sale yet, so its unfair to accuse them of misrepresenting the product.

Hopefully you stick with the game, I think the rampant player killing will settle down and the mod will probably achieve the balance it needs.