Ghandi

No PK server: * The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen *

Personally' date=' I think Rocket should make a version with everything BUT zombies. This way the pk'ers can all get on there and have fun killing themselves while the rest of us play the game trying to survive the zombie apocalypse. You know, like what the game is supposed to be about.

[/quote']

it's called ArmA 2, check it out some time

i really wish i had any idea at all what these supposed "coop" players would even do on their magical safety net servers that have no threats or drama or uncertainty or loss or any of the things that make this game intriguing

but unfortunately, the reality is that it would be incredibly boring when these players realize that they took no risks and all have the same easily-looted gear

i really wish i had any idea at all what these supposed "coop" players would even do on their magical safety net servers that have no threats or drama or uncertainty or loss or any of the things that make this game intriguing

I genuinely believe they're bad enough players that they think the zeds are "overpowered."

I genuinely believe they're bad enough players that they think the zeds are "overpowered."

Pure coop is more practical in pure ArmA, DayZ is not structured to be too difficult even as a lone wolf player. I think all it really lacks is some kind of shared goal though, that would be a nice addition.

Hey i just got this free mod, with zombies and killing players.

But me and my friends don't like some of the core features of this free mod.

so why don't you, the developers, make it so that this free mod suits us.

:P

I play on this server quite often and i can tell you i PK ALL THE TIME. never been banned or kicked.

I killed a few folks tonite on this server. Then when there was no one left to kill I went to go find some choppers.

I got some sweet loot that I'll bring back to wreak some havoc on my regular servers.

I didn't plan to mention your name' date=' but here you go... i better don't start, it wouldn't be very nice.

For your Information, i saw you comming behind me from the school in Elektroz, i just didn't do anything. I tend to trust people... so, be proud of yourself for that kill.

[/quote']

I was trying to talk but I guess my mic wasn't working. I was asking if you were friendly. I wanted to hold hands, and sit around a campfire on a cold night. I wanted to roleplay a scared survivor looking for companionship with a few fellow like minded people. I wanted rainbows and unicorns like the server "Ruleset" suggested.

Sans that, I just shot you in the back. Then the guy on the roof of the hospital, and his friends. Everyone else in Electro, and then Cherno.

I wonder how long it will take until the PVE players realize how fast the game will become boring with out PVP, by running in to a tent, coming out and getting ammo 20 times a day.

Good luck with that, pvp is the only reason why this game is thriving. If you like crawling around zombies non stop all day just to find new gear and walk around with it on, jesus lol.

Being banned from this server for PvP is pure crap.

People are farming this server in peace to find good weapons to kill people on non pvp servers.

This is an exploit and thats all.

People are farming this server in peace to find good weapons to kill people on non pvp servers.

+1 to this statement

There are no official NON-pvp servers.

I don't even think the admin is banning people for pvp on this one. I think he is just trolling carebears onto the server to be lined up and shot like Sheeple.

+1 admin

I don't even think the admin is banning people for pvp on this one. I think he is just trolling carebears onto the server to be lined up and shot like Sheeple.

+1 admin

Sadly the admin has not showed up yet to either defend or explain his/her actions, were he/she doing this as an attempt to "troll Carebears" well then, he/she wouldn't be very mature imo. As I've said in the past, a little professionalism goes a long way. Admins who troll their players is something the community is better off without.

+1 admin

Sadly the admin has not showed up yet to either defend or explain his/her actions' date=' were he/she doing this as an attempt to "troll Carebears" well then, he/she wouldn't be very mature imo. As I've said in the past, a little professionalism goes a long way. Admins who troll their players is something the community is better off without.

[/quote']

I am 100% in agreement with you about the admin. I also feel that if he does ban anyone for PvP he is going against the server rules that Rocket established when they agreed to host DayZ.

That is why I am pushing the envelope on that server, and will continue to do so. I'm also an asshole, but that is another story.

What do you guys have against people who don't want to just be killed all of the time by other players?

I don't see a problem with it, the mentality of a lot of people nowadays is to just shoot on sight, screw everyone else, which screws the game over, zombies should be the threat, but they are becoming more of an annoyance and other players are the main threat now.

Just earlier today I found a guy with just an axe being chased by zombies, I killed them all and then defended him held up in Cherno from a horde of zombies, giving him my last supplies to keep him alive, just as the danger was clear someone walked in and blew both of our heads off with a shotgun, there's no trying to band together with other survivors, too many people make no attempt to communicate.

Bandits used to be those few pricks that went around pissing everyone else off, who were easily spotted by the bandit skin which was the punishment for killing other players, you sacrificed trust, now though, the majority of people have the bandit mentality, I get shot so many times when I try to communicate with other survivors.

A similar punishment system needs to be implemented so friendly survivors can spot bandits quickly, the heartbeat thing is crap, half of the time it doesn't work, and when it does, before you can react you get shot in the face. Atleast the bandit skin instantly pointed out who not to trust.

So I support non PvP servers if that's how people want to play, if you don't like them, ignore them, and don't join them. Some people want to group up with strangers and have fun, create survival scenarios and meet new people. Survivors vs Zombies. That's the appeal of DayZ to some people.

^Someone has completely missed the point of this thread.

Obviously didn't bother to read through in lieu of jumping on his soapbox.

Maybe Dayz could take some inspiration from coop based games, like Domi. Set up some optional objectives on the map that can give special loot or vehicle spawns for an area, increase or decrease zed spawn rates (Failed objective in Cherno doubles zed spawn and aggressiveness, for example?)

Lets not forget about the staple of all survival horror type games: The oppressive military. A military AI force on the map tha tries to secure areas depending on survivor activity in that area?

You could even go to lengths where areas that suffer alot of player deaths by high grade military hardware will be invaded by AI military to retrieve their weaponry.

That is assuming that any military survives the inevidable zed apocolypse =o

Again, I have to ask... if people are so afraid of folks "farming this server" for l33t gear to use against players on other servers, then why aren't those same people crying about me (hypothetically... I've never actually done this) looking for an empty server (or near empty) and logging in to "farm loot" there? I'd be under much less threat doing that than I would playing on this *supposed* pk-free server... because there will always be pk'ers, despite the title of the server. But in an empty (or nearly) server, I truly would be free of pk threats.

How is one an exploit, but the other is not?

I'm not trying to be an ass, I am honestly trying to determine the difference. It's not like this server has *disabled* pvp... they've simply (apparently... or maybe it is just a massive troll) tried to attract/encourage players looking for co-op. We've yet to see any evidence of people actually being banned for PKing, have we?

Really the B&Ming about this is ridiculous. Would the anti-coop players cry as much if the server was named "Co-op encouraged"? Would that soothe their sensitive nature?

It isn't an exploit but server hopping to farm is a problem. One I'm sure will be dealt with down the road.

An admin touting a no Pk server, and server banning folks for killing other players is a serious breach of the agreement between the host and Rocket. It remains to be seen if he will actually server ban someone or not.

Maybe I'll be the first.

edit: meant to be reply to Mothman

Killed three people in this server so far today.

Far from done.

lol I just saw you on there now, I popped on to see if there was PvP going on and despite there only being a handful of people on (probably due to it being night time on server.) I did see quite a few "was killed" messages. Have the admins said anything to you yet? I did see a Russian admin message pop up shortly after someone was killed but, it being in Russian, I had no idea what it said, ill be sure to screencap it next time, perhaps someone can translate.

'Tuggo said:

I was trying to talk but I guess my mic wasn't working. I was asking if you were friendly. I wanted to hold hands' date=' and sit around a campfire on a cold night. I wanted to roleplay a scared survivor looking for companionship with a few fellow like minded people. I wanted rainbows and unicorns like the server "Ruleset" suggested.

Sans that, I just shot you in the back. Then the guy on the roof of the hospital, and his friends. Everyone else in Electro, and then Cherno.

It's amazing how well you know and understand how i would like to see the game develop, tell me more! Will we be able to cuddle? Will you tell me stories until i fall asleep? That would be so nice. ❤️

Look at you, shooting friendly people in a spawn area. BE PROUD damn you, you are a real hotshot! :rolleyes:

Edited by xenomat

Wait, so nobody has anything to say about the guy called Ghandi being vehemently against a peaceful server? Nobody?

Well, he argues with some reason. Tuggo is just being a dick and thinks he knows it all. :D